Intercontinental Singapore

apple77

kite~
I was also thinking if we can provide own decors ask them to put up for us... otherwise we just get helpers to do lor... the piano u saw was it grand piano or normal type? I did see a piano there in the corner at the foyer but it's those normal ones... if i'm goign to pay $700+++ for that, i rather get the harpist.. more elegant and different from norm

dor

hi kite
i went to HI yesterday to view again. think i am getting to like that ballroom
happy.gif

My hubby prefer HI too to Regent as the middle part of the ballroom in Regent looks very business-like. The foyer at HI looks alright. As the area is not that big, a little deco would do then.

so when are you gonna to sign up?

kite~

Hi Apple77,

what is needa?

Hi Dor,

Glad that u prefer HI ballroom than regent. in fact in my own opinion, regent lobby is very high classy but level 1 ballroom ok only, not as nice as HI, i tink regent ballroom no chandelier rite (if i remember)? But then HI lobby is quite plain leh.

But when i tink that my wedding wil be in Dec 2004, that wil be the Xmas season whereby alot of lightings decoration wil be done n thus making HI looks more impressive.
happy.gif

i admit that Anja is very cold n not very friendly. very sianz. she promised to send me an email since last wk but til now, never receive. she seems not sincere in doing business one leh.

Hmm i hvnt sign up but will sign up soon next month. u?
happy.gif

btw just wondering HI is a 5 or 6 star hotel?

dor

hi kite
i do agree w u that the lobby of Regent is very grand. after all, it is under four seasons grp. there is chandelier at regent but is at the 2 side of e ballroom. the middle part is not.that's where i dun like and there is no private area for pre-reception as compared to HI which is at the 2nd flr.
Anyway, i have yet to talk to Anja on further details. like u, i hv called her. think my wedding date is yet to open for booking. she said she will come back to me again but haven.

maybe we r too kang cheong. anyway u have reserve ur date wif her, rite? sure got validity period one, isn it? if u hv confirmed HI, just call her again that u are interested to sign up soon before the date are gone.

i will made an appt w them next wk. do any of the gals here use the other co-ordinator, Kelly? Any comments?

apple77

Hi kite~
needa is just an expression for need to.

Went Grand Copthorne yesterday... food was not too bad... but the smaller ballrooms low ceiling.. so probably will stick back to HI

fluff

Hi Dor,

There used to be a coordinator by the name of kelly but she quit.. SO now there's a rather cheena assistant by the name of Irene.. Anja still not that bad. She agreed to waived wine cockage for one bottle /table. U may want to try that.

Btw, where's the foyer that u are talking abt?? Is it the space outside the ballroom where the cocktails will be served. If it is, I think it's quite a nice place with the windows and stairs at the sides.

Cheers
Kel

kite~

Hi Dor,

yes hv tentatively made a booking w Anja, soon wil meet her up n sign the contract.
happy.gif
BTW fyi do u know regent has promotion now til Oct 03? in fact it's $83 per head. but i stil like HI more.

Hi apple,
Glad u choose HI. I went GCW before n viewed all the ballrooms. I din like e newly renovation "waterfront ballroom". Ceiling very low n more like function room.

Hi Kel,

Hmm the foyer we r toking abt is the reception for cocktail session (level 2). Btw i saw a staircase leading upstairs. My hubby guess the upstairs n upper level is oso part of the cocktail right for e guests to linger ard???

The lobby we r toking abt is the downstairs (Level 1) whereby taxis n cars stopped at the front entrance. I find level 1 lobby very plain. u?

dor

hi kel
thks for the adv. will take note.

hi kite
yup i noe that regent has an offer ending today. the simplicity pkg only cost $618+++. a good buy but they hv not come back to me either.
do they hv day-use room for helpers too. n hv u seen the bridal suite? worth to upgrade to the special suite not. coz mine is a wkday, the package only give 1 nite stay n i hope to get another day

kite~

Hi Gals,

I just received a draft contract from HI through email by Anja's assistance, Irene. Hmm i hv never meet irene before but heard u all mentioned that she is cheena, meaning??? very auntie or what? hehe Is she nice?

Oh ya btw last sat when i went down to HI, i went Adrian Pang.
happy.gif

Hi Dor,

yup promotion for regent til 31 Oct. initially i wanted to take the $788+++ wkend package which consists of 1 free complimentary table for every 10 tables, 1 free bottle of wine for per table. after calculate is $83 per head while HI (wkend) is $84 per head.

Hi ino,

thanks for the email.
happy.gif

Hi Apple,

I think u can forget abt email anja. She is a very very busy woman. U can call this number: 6431 1248.

kite~

Hi gals,

just wondering anyone here managed to bargain food tasting up to 8 to 10 persons and a day room for helpers? And the rental of projector is not free, need to pay? Thanks.

btw i will be paying deposit within these 2 weeks n told Anja abt it. Have called n try to arrange w Anja to meet her during any wkends these 2 wks but she is not available on wkends even until next mth, only wkdays she is available. cos FH n i can hardly take leave on wkday as busy w work. sigh ya. other hotels manager will normally try their best to meet us esp we r gg to pay deposit. Like agnes from regent, i met this manager b4 n even she is not available on tat day, she wil try to go bk to work just to meet us. so nice n accomodating. i find Anja is very "DAO". even last meet up, my hubby n i purposely took leave on wkdays just to meet her up for 1/2 an hr n she just keep quiet there. sianz.

apple77

Thanks kite~,
Will give anja a call instead then. But from wat u gals posted, sounds quite sian leh this Anja.... sigh... and i only want 20 tables... dunno if she'll demand i take min. 25 or not
sad.gif

peace

hi kite,

1) u can have 10 persons for the food tasting. Although the food serving is for 8 pax, it is generously enough for 10.

2) u can bargain for a helper room from 2 to 7pm on ur AD.

3) i agree w u tt Anja is abit stone but she can be very accomodating.so dun worry.

btw ..when is ur big day? mine on 12 Dec...

kite~

hi apple,

not sure abt wkday but u can try calling up Anja? hv u called her yet?

Hi peace,

well i din bargain w Anja to increase more ppl for food tasting but under my draft contract she came up with, she still stick to 6persons, additional costs per person wil be $60+++.

however, she managed to get 30% car parks for us.

My wedding wil be dec 04. urs 12 dec 03 or 04?

ingenue78

Hi Apple,
Actually, i have always liaise with her via email. It's faster than trying to get her on the phone. ;-)
Hmm...if u r having 20 tables, your bargaining power is actually lesser...

Hi Dor,
Will email u on Monday as i have to retrieve it from my office email. ;-)

hi kite,
think it shld be no prob getting the 10-pple food tasting as well as day room. As for the projector, think might need to pay. Me gonna "kop" from my office...hehehe

kite~

hi gals,

anyone saw the TV mobile advertisement on the TV (not on TV mobile)? the background n hotel they used is Hotel Intercontinental. Your eyes has to be sharp to catch it. hehe, just keep observe the background instead of the TCS actress n actors n u wil see it.
happy.gif

Hi ino,
so u managed to get 10 ppl food tasting n day room? what other perks u managed to get? thanks alot.

apple77

I cfm the date with Anja for 11th nov 2004 liao... kekeke... but she did't reply when i asked if we can meet up leh.. sigh...

ino,
You mean u lias with her totally thru email huh? Even the details???
proud.gif

kite~

hi apple,

yeppie, another HI bride. hmmm i tink w Anja's character, u hv to call her up and arrange a meet up w her, else i dont think she wil call up. btw just to let u know, Anja will hold ur date for 3 wks or a mth...something like tat stated in the draft contract......after tat if u never pay deposit or meet her up again, the date wil be forfeited.

aiya until now i hvnt fix a date to meet her up to sign cos wkdays, we really cant afford to take leave leh. i m afraid, wait next time meet Anja, every meet up hv to apply leave on wkday, very siong leh. cos we want to save our leave for our big day.

cubie

hi kite,

i guess, probably now is the busy season for her and she can't find the time to call pple.

well,few months back , she called my fren and my fren's hubby whether they still want the tentative booking when my fren did not get back to her...

Try to pre-arrange a time to meet her. Let her know that you are only free on weekend lor to save your leave.

apple77

Hi kite,
You mean she can only meet during normal office hrs huh? She doesn't work after 6pm? i tot most do :p

canivy

Hi I like to know abt the themes HI provides or can we state our own theme and get them to deco? Any additional cost we need to give if we like to use the screen and etc? What is the guest gifts HI provide? Is the service gd? pls email to me: [email protected]. Thankz!!!!

kite~

Hi Apple,

Just called Anja, managed to arrange to meet her up 1 of the wkends which is after my draft contracts end, ask her does it matter, she say she will hold on to a few more days loh.
i think these 2 wks she is rather busy. Have to book her early if u want to meet her on wkends.

apple77

aiyo, i just realised that the date i chose is a public holiday and of cos the price of the banquet will be different... gosh! must re-select the date again... *sobsob

kite~

hi Apple,

u mean 11-11-2004 is PH? which PH is this? perhaps u hv other choices on selection of dates?

apple77

11-11-2004 is Deepavali..... unless the calendar i have is printed wrongly.. which i hope it is... kekekke... cross my fingers:p

apple77

Hi Gals,
has any of you went to the Special Suite? Wonder if it's nice and big... not satisfied with the shophse suite... so cramp... totally not liek a suite...
sad.gif

fluff

Hi all
I jus had my food tasting last night...It was great... very gd service and food.. For those worrying abt pax.. my advice is this.. can try to ask for 8 - 10. I only manage to get for 8 pax, but I brought 10 and I didn't even top up. I jus told them to set for 10 persons. There was so much food that we couldn't finish the food.

Just think abt it... if we have 8 pple for food tasting I'm sure they would serve whole duck / chicken / fish etc and not 0.8 of it right??

So jus try to get as much people for food tasting as u can and if u can't get the number don''t worry there'll be enough food.

For those who want to upgrade to special suite should be no prob.. Anja is very nice, she may hesistate but she'll eventually give in... give some reason like u have a lot of helpers.. should work. (can't guarantee though)

There are a lot of weddings this week 1st to 9th Nov except 6th, y dun u all take a look... but got to be there before 7 so won't disturb the wedding couple. Hey dun hesitate HI is a perfect place to hold ur wedding. cheap & good!!

apple77

kel,
so glad to hear that the food and service is good, and the upgrade to special suite... kekeke.. will give it a try. Will probably drop by to take a look at the decors as well
happy.gif

Thks kel!!

canivy

Hi Kel, may i know who to look for to enquire the wedding banquet? You mentioned that the price is gd, for which day (wkday or wkend)? Do they suit to the theme you want?

nan

Hi, my wedding's on 6 March 04. I'm wondering when I need to collect my banquet invites from Anya, and how long in advance I should send the invites out due to Christmas and CNY period. Tks! =)

fluff

Hi Ivy
HI is still pricy compared to oriental, mandarin etc but compared to hyatt, marriot it's cheaper. Why don't u go to their website it's very comprehensive!!
http://meetings.singapore.intercontinental.com/sinhb/weddings.html

U can even see how big or small the various suites are. go to "HOTEL PHOTO TOUR"

Hi Lynn, actually 2 months before wedding will do it'll take abt 1 wk or less to settle design, 4 days to print upon confirmation and u'll have abt 1 1/2 mth to send out invi..

kite~

hi kel,

wow i was so impressed by the photos tour, pics so classy n nice! aiya i didnt know abt tis website except for the international HI. Stupid me hehe.

btw u mentioned u managed to upgrade to special suite. This special suite is referring to presidential suite or luxury suite? thanks.

fluff

I think their presidential suite and luxury suites are not a subset of special suite. Rather, there's only 1 pres suite and under luxury suite, there's junior/special/business. 3 types

angel

kite

they do..

Cost is total table cost divide by 10 pax. If you are already paying 800 (inclusive taxes) for example, by replacing one pax in a table of table will cost you $80 per person. However, do note that if you only replace 1 normal meal with
veg/muslim, the cost of table will still apply ie $800 + $80 (muslim/veg meal).

But it doens't apply if you wish to change the entire table to veg/muslim food.

apple77

Went down to checkout the wedding decors the other nite... really not nice leh... i tot the staircase they are supposed to dress up with flowers and ribbons.... but apparently it wasn't done up... the flower decorations on the beams and entrance flower stands are PLASTICS!!!!! I still tot they'll use real flowers... wat a shock!! But the flowers on the arch of the entrance to the foyer quite nice though plastics. Inside not much decors also... but at least the stage looks nicer than some that i've seen and there was rehearsing for the waiters and waitresses before the banquet starts, which is very good cos i noe some places they dun. The guestbook doesn't look that impressive though.. wonder if there's other designs???

kite~

hi gals,

finally we hv signed the dotted line with intercon.
happy.gif
very happy.

yesterday went to view the ballroom again with wedding starting soon, very nice. luv the lighting adjusted to cosy n dim. The staircase was also very well decorated. anyway simply luv everything abt it.
happy.gif
btw we saw the invitation cards, the nicest one is the 2 hearts one, very very nice n sweet n unique. my hubby n i like it very much.
happy.gif

hi apple,

what time u went? hmm or on that day the wedding couple never pay extra $ to decor the staircase. cos decor for staircase costs $60 (optional).
happy.gif

kite~

btw, i saw someone getting married yest. i saw e bride, she is very sweet looking n quite pretty. anyone here? hehe