Intercontinental Singapore

shaunjean

hello brides to be!

Just want to put in some of my experience with IC Hotel. My wedding was on Sept 10 this year but i start my communication with them around Dec last year. Like all of you, i was smitten by the ballroom. I dint like the usual hotels but want a little colonial feel in it so i started my conversation w one coord but after reading the review here, i requested to swap my coord. The first upsetting thing was..Upon changing coord, the new lady told me they just increase price and charge me higher than the initial price package i was given. I was upset but yet we like the location and ballroom and it seem just perfect for us so we still signed with them. and like all of you mention, they are very rigid with alot of the perks and not flexible at all which was very upsetting...in fact alot of the perks given by them was not even the the same as other hotels infact lesser! but i had no choice so to hang on. but the nice thing was, my coord never fail to reply my email within 2 days. it felt that my questions are patiently answered (while still being upset with the rigid style they had)

though my coord was nice and professional, she dint felt as warm as the newest coord i had (bcos she left, Trina took over) She took care of my needs alot but it still felt distant to a certain extend...it feels like she is just doing her job and not passionate about the weddings tht is to happen. that's when things start to turn around when Trina took over. She was very nice and helpful and flexible! when she took over, she and Mr Ravi, thier director (who is patiently replying to the questions u have here) took time to go through our wedding schedule with us. our concerns became not a concern anymore to be serious. after that meeting, i know they bend alot to make sure our wedding was an awesome one and i have to praise them for that. very accommodating.

and since Trina took over, though she took a longer time to reply, but i dint need to worry and i know she is trying to work something out for us. and each time she comes back with a reply that might not be perfect but something we are happy with. =)

so enough of that..what happen on my wedding day? i can say not enough praises but more praises of the whole service team at IC. From the Front Desk, to the service crew to everyone in IC, they are very very nice and helpful. Most of them handled us and our guest with lots of smiles! (the last thing u want is a few grumpy waitress serving you right?)

and i have to give even higher praise to our banquet manager Kim Hock. He was experience, steady and ever-ready for our request. he is very on the ball and thinks ahead of us. i think be practically memorize our program. why i say he is good because my friends did a song live during our march in and it needs precise coordination with music lights and the curtain drawing, and he did everything spot on and the march in was PERFECT. there are other instances but overall, i would say IC mgmt is very lucky to have such an awesome team working for them.

even to the very last bit about payment, they made a big booboo on it but they rectify it with no fuss for us. thumbs up. (btw, they didnt ask me to pay before or on the day of banquet. they ask me to pay the day after but i wanted to pay on the day itself)

of cos there is always room for improvement like the portion of the food can be bigger, my reserve table had no wedding favours, they forgot to tell my guest about the special drink whcih those who tasted it said it was so goooood but the service made up for all of that. =) all my guest had a very good experience at my wedding =)

i dont know what else i can commend them for but i will write again when i remember....

To Ravi, Trina, Kim Hock and the service team at IC, you guys rock!!! I had a perfect wedding and i totally loved that day and i wished it was longer!!!

anyone need more info, do feel free to write here and i try my best to reply or PM you.

FYI, i got the timeless classic theme...its was pretty! and the ballroom, you just need to book the whole place instead of half the place... its just too grand to half it!!!

flowerbride

Shaun, it's a relief to read good review on Intercon since the general sentiment don't seem too fantastic.

Toreen is in charge of my wedding, she's a pretty and bubbly young lady who try her best for her couple.

I guess we all feel that Intercon is rather rigid with their perks and regulations. But in their small little ways, their staff do try to accommodate our requests. Some of our requests cant be done but others that Toreen can help by doing extra and at very neglible cost, she will do it. As we were not in time to print our wedding invites, we requested some 'calling cards' from Intercon, for our senior guests to know where the banquet will be held so that they know how to make their way to the hotel. Intercon dont have such cards, Toreen readily offered to print the cards using the office printer. She even added some motifs to make the card look more presentable and we really appreciate her making these extra efforts.

As I'm having a small wedding I do understand that I cant expect as much perks as couples with more tables or couples who signed up at wedding shows. So I have realistic expectations and if they can offer us the things we requested, I'm happy. If they can't, I wont lose sleep over it.

And because I'm having a small wedding, there's higher chances of things going right so I'll just relax. Intercon is afterall a 5 star hotel, they have a premier brand to uphold and the management and staff are aware they have to deliver beyond guests' expectations. I'm not having a food tasting session too since we have all ate at ManFuYuan before and we trust the banquet will be of comparable standards.

jarlslee

Hi

My name is Jarls from Singapore and I am an undergraduate at a Hospitality Management school in Switzerland. For my undergraduate dissertation, I am looking at the negotiation behaviour of prospective wedding couples looking to hold their wedding banquet at 5-star hotels in Singapore.

Your response is kindly appreciated and will aid in the completion of my paper.

This survey will take up 15-20 minutes of your time.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/negotiated_decision_making_weddings_in_Singapore

Thank you.

maddiejas

Hello All,

anyone attended the wedding at IC recently?
Can someone comment on the food?

Personally, i thought the food was not very tasty.... but since taste is very subjective...would like to see what the rest might say..

jellipop

I'm also interested to know the people's views about the food. I just realised it is only 8 course. Which are the better items to consider?

gelobeano

Hi all,

Anyone interested to take over the IC wedding dinner package on 11.11.11?

Interested parties pls contact me @ 98446512.

Thanks!

flowerbride

Hi Poppy, I just held my wedding on 21 Oct. I received good comments about the food. The portions are huge and the food is tasty. The negative comments I heard were centered around the spinach + mushroom dish. The spinach is rather bitter but the mushroom is really good. Many were impressed with the shark fins and Man Fu Yuan signature chicken dish. Honestly, there were lots of fins in the shark fins soup (I hope I dont offend wild life activist). My aunts are fussy over food and they complimented that the food is good. Even my super fussy FIL enjoyed the dinner.

The ballroom is grand and beautiful. Steve was my banquet manager, he's really cool, composed and experienced. There's a lady staff who stood near the steps to the stage to hold up my gown so that I wont trip. I really appreciate that as I was in very real danger of tripping over my long gown. Toreen is warm, efficient and wonderful too.

I'm very happy and proud to be a Intercontinental Bride. The ballroom is gorgeous and all the staff are so friendly with good work attitude. We spent 3 delightful days there and everything went smoothly.

gelobeano: you have a wonderful date at a wonderful hotel. Hope things work out for you.

gelobeano

flowerbride> thanks! we hate to sell it off. We loved the ballroom so much, but the date is not ideal for us according to the geomancer. We can only hope that the package can be taken over by another couple now.
sad.gif

kenx

for all the intercon brides, did you all stayed in the bridal suite or the normal suite? what are the main differences? I heard for the package, it's normally 1 nite in bridal suite or 2 nites in normal suite.

maddiejas

Flowerbride, I am glad i am reading positive comments from you.

I remember the spinach being bitter...and the brocolli (with scallops and prawns) dish was so hard ..that they tasted rather raw...though portions were huge..

Am going for my food tasting soon....Is there anything i need to look out for? =)

reverielle

did anyone go for the bridal fair yesterday? took any photos of the new themes? i'm considering making reservations at IC for next year but wasn't able to attend it yesterday as I was ill. i'd appreciate it loads if anyone could post pics of the new themes here! thanks
happy.gif

tse509jordan

Hi there, I just had my wedding on the 28 Nov 10.
I've got to admit that I have mixed feelings after reading some of the negatvie comments posted on the forum.

However, things turned out really well to my surprised on the AD. I would want to comment that IC was really great. Fantastic service, good food, nice ambience. Everything was perfect that I could ask for a wedding

To be honest I am rather a fussy and near to perfectionist guy. To recieved so many postive comments from me about the wedding is hard to come by.

So for those who are intending to hold your wedding at IC, pls do not hesitate and book the lovly grand ball rm. You have my word that you would not regret it.

I was indeed surprise to have recieved so many postive feedback about IC after the wedding. As u know normally the bride and groom do not really get to know what is really happening during the wedding as u are busy preparing with other stuff.

My coordinator was David Lim, very nice and patience guy who would do anything he can to fufilled watever request u have in mind.

The banquet manager Kim Hock was really experience and helpful in coordinating and alising the programe for the nite.

U would b surprise that even the 2 young ladies who were at the door to open the curtain for the march in were really pro. I did not get her name, but she seem so professional in helping my wife adjusting her gown, telling her which part to hold and walk.

The food was fantastic too. Many commented that indeed it's rare for hotel to serve such delicious food. OF cos everybody have it own taste. But the Shark FIn, Duck, Prawn and Coldish, Fish were extremely delicious for many.

I sincerly wish to thank the whole of IC team working during the nite of my wedding. U guys rock and keep up the good service standard.

Hopefully,the negative comments posted in this forum would be resolved over time.

Of cos I would have to admit that IC indeed have really stingy perks. But in a way u know you are not losing out too other couples as most of us had the same treatment.

I would advise those who fall in luv with the ball rm to go ahead with your wedding.

In fact i think they have taken notice of their drop in standard sometime ago. U would have noticed that the marketing director were answering some quires online.

Indeed, I think they had taken a serious view to buck up their service and is sincere to keep up their hotel image by making efforts to come in here and answer those queries and negatvie comments.

How many Makerting director of a hotel really does that.

Enough said, I am not a sales man for IC rest assured. You can feel free to e-mail me personally if you've any quires about IC. Once my wedding pics are ready, i would post some lovely pics of the ball rm for all to view.

Kudos to all the team members @ IC.

Cheers
Nicholas Tan

babyjwpw

Nicholas>> Great to hear your good review about intercon.

They really have good perks for the wedding show, and they even extended the offer for a week for me to decide, however the min requirement for Sun is 32 tables... and they are not willing to bring it down to 25 for us...

So too bad... have to give intercon a miss...

tse509jordan

Sorry for the bad command of English. It was typed in a hushy manner. I did not bother to check the Spelling and tenses. So Pei Seh haha. But who cares wahhahahah.

Babyjwpw, I think u could hv a word with your coordinator if you really like the ball rm. They should be able reduce down to 28.

I am not really sure about that.

Cheers
Nicholas Tan

choco_ice

I am thinking to engage intercontinental for my wedding day. When I called them, they assigned someone to take care of my need. I only heard "Iris" or something like that. After reading through the forum, I realized that it was ariff. I was put off my his attitude when he called me.
I only intended to take a look first because my fiancee was busy. I told Ariff that I could be there by 5 pm. He asked me whether I came with my fiancee. I said no, he's busy. He asked what time I could come with my fiancee. I told him 6.30 (because ariff got appointment at 6.30, I purposely said that so that I could come alone). He thought for a while and said that I could come at 630 with my fiancee and he would arrange his appointment. I do not like that kind of attitude.

After reading through the forum, I decided to come at IC and looked for Trina. She's such a dear. She showed my the finished grand ballroom and we discussed for a short while (she got appointment in half an hour time and even apologized that she only got a short time to serve me) about the wkend lunch package.

Overall, I am satisfied with her service. Unfortunately, the date that I am looking for has been taken for the grand ballroom
sad.gif

But she's so patient to reply my questions... and she's quite fast in replying my emails *thumbs up*

sha_hir

hello everyone.... would u ladies be able to share with me Trina's contact details pls?.. my email to IC was responded by one of their staff and after two email communications, I do not want this person to be handling my wedding.. the first reply to me, my name is wrong...the second one the wedding details wrong too..

happylittlegal

Hi btb,

I just sign up with IC for wedding lunch next year. I am so excited!
happy.gif

For those that are having lunch, do you stay over at the hotel the night before? Can we have tea ceremony and gatecrashing at the hotel?

alyssa_c

I wanted to book IC for a friday wedding dinner but realize they increased their prices for fri to match sunday! it used to be cheaper than sunday.. now having a headache whether to book them since they are now at $1288+ for fri dinner 2012...

glitter_blossom

Really happy to see the good review abt IC from Nicholas & Shaun. A big relief to know everything went well.

Nic, I also signed up for the wedding lunch. From what I know, we can check-in to the hotel on the actual day morning, around 9am. You can make arrangements with the hotel on the tea ceremony. I'm having the ceremony in the hotel. As for gate crashing, you can try to check with your co-ordinator.
happy.gif

happylittlegal

Hi glitter_blossom,

Will u be having gatecrashing at the hotel? Who is your coordinator?

Most likely I will take the 2 night shop house room. I am planning to check in one day before my AD so it won't be so rushing. And also I can save on car rental and deco. Heez.

ophidi

has anyone viewed the function rooms before (not the ballroom). we're intending to hold a 10-12 table wedding. i've seen the ballroom and it's lovely but not too sure what the function rooms look like.

if you have pics or feedback, please share! =)

enileda3

Hi Nic! mine is on 9 dec. My coordinator is ariff. What about yours?

So you sign before BOWS? I signed at BOWS.. didnt get much perks though..
sad.gif

alyssa_c

i also signed up for intercon during BOWS. Their perks was much better last year. I went down in Oct and they were giving free 2 night stay at any intercon around the world!! Too bad we couldnt make up our mind then. Anyway It was also a gd thing because they lowered their prices for 2012 during this BOWS show
happy.gif

happylittlegal

Hi Adeline,

My coordinator is Toreen. I signed up last year in dec. There is not much perks. Mine is a lunch wedding so very little perks. What I have is:
1) 2 nights stay at shophouse suite or 1 night at bridal suite.
2) 15 wines and 1 barrel beer
3) free usage of foyer for solminsation
4) coordinator usage room

What perks did you get? Is yours lunch or dinner? I realize that for lunch there is only 7 dishEs. Not a very nice number. I am thinking whether to add one more dish.

enileda3

Hi Nic, mine is dinner. the perks is exactly same as yours. at bows they offer free flow of beer. but if i choose that then i wont have any wine. so i chose the same as yours.

This year bows there is free stay at bali intercon. I was looking forward to the last bows to get the free stay at intercon worldwide though.
sad.gif

oh! i didnt realise it is 7 dish until you mention. I think most people wont realise though..

Hi Alyssa, so when did you sign up? I dont think they lower the price for 2012. I remember its the same price as what they have told me previously.

Anyway, congrats to all Intercon brideS!
happy.gif

alyssa_c

hi adeline, i signed up during the BOWS 2011 show as well. When i went to BOWS 2010 they quote me $938++ per table for lunch and $1288++ for sunday dinner. But when i saw the rates again for BOWS 2011 it was $908++ for lunch.. so $30 cheaper. The only other thing is that they raised their friday dinner price to match with Sunday..initially it was $100 cheaper for friday compared to sunday
happy.gif

glitter_blossom

Hi Nic,

I won't be doing gate crashing at the hotel. i still can't decide to pick the shophouse suite or bridal suite..

Btw, anyone's coordinator is Karen? wonder if she is still around at IC..?

corinne

My co-ordinator is Toreen too.
happy.gif

We're going to have our dinner tonight!
so far the experience since check in has been very very plesant
happy.gif

Hope dinner will be just as good!
happy.gif

enileda3

hi alyssa, oh. I took the friday dinner.. sigh.. if i sign earlier.. then will be cheaper!!
sad.gif

hi glitter_blossom, i think the luxurious suite is nicer and bigger. i think the shophouse suite can be quite noisy b4 the shops downstair close.

Hi corinne, your wedding is tonight? CongraTS!!!
happy.gif

corinne

Hi Adeline,

Thanks!! actually, shop house suite is not noisy. can't really hear anythng cos the windows are closed all the time.

Plus if your jie meis and brothers are in the room and making so much noise, you won't even notice the noise from the shops

glitter_blossom

Hi Adeline, I see.. haha~ i do think the bridal suite is good..

Hi Corinne, congrats! how did it go?

sigh.. i wonder if Karen is still around.. no replies to my email.
sad.gif

alyssa_c

hi all, for those who signed up during the BOWS roadshow earlier in jan, when are we supposed to go down and sign or pickup the contract? cos i only paid the deposit and was told by my co-ordinator that they will call us to go down and sign or pick up the actual contract..am abit confused
sad.gif

enileda3

hi alyssa, I have sign my actual contract 4 days after the BOWs. The actual contract contains the full details of all the terms and conditions. If you are worried, should call your coordinator to check and arrange an appt with them.

valice2807

Just call your coordinator. They will send you the contract over email first for your perusal. Then you arrange the timing to go down to sign the contract.

We just did it last Sunday, and we also signed during the BOWS roadshow in Jan. So don't worry. They will get to you. =)

corinne

hi glitter...

experience was good.
happy.gif
all the staff was very pleasant right from the time you step into their hotel to check in all the way till you leave.

happy.gif

I had a great time. No stress... ...

marcia

Thanks Vinz ; )

I just went to meet Toreen last night. Everything was good. Ballroom is stunning!!! Really love it. IC is having their wedding fair on 27 March. Will wait till then to see what throws in they have. But normally IC don't have much perks right? Are we able to negotiate with them about the perks like any other hotel? Oo ya.. What's e cockage rates like? Forgot to ask yesterday. And also, are they able to waive off the cockage charge?

glitter_blossom

corinne, so glad to hear that. i'm looking forward to mine.. ;)

cys, my corkage is waived as well. can try to get better deal as they would want to get ppl to sign up..