Indian wedding Services in Singapore

RATHA

Hi girls!
Some of you have requested for the excel sheet. I've tried uploading them here, not sure if u will be able to view them though. Pls do try and let me know. If you can't view, I'll see if I can email it to u girls.
Happy planning!

Attachments

• MUA+quotation.pdf
    38.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Quotation+for+Video+%26+Photography_Jan-16+%281%29.pdf
    50.2 KB · Views: 132

shasikala

Hi all BTBS,

Just ended my traditional wedding a month ago, would like to share some of my experience here. Firstly after fixing the date for the wedding quickly settle down for a venue. I choose a ballroom for my traditional wedding which has both it's pro and cons but would highly recommend to stick with temple hall instead. My traditional wedding was held at Singapore Republic of Yacht Club, although we are proud to mention that ours was the 1st ever Indian traditional wedding to be held, we had our fair shares of obstacles to face. If you wish to consider my venue as your wedding venue feel free to inbox me with your queries.

Venue :

Singapore Republic of Yacht Club
Pros : Great venue, beautiful scenery ( good for photo taking ), friendly staffs , great service, free suite accommodation for the couples.
Cons: Poor hotel lighting, stage was quite small and booking of the venue is very expensive. Very far and need to engage for shuttle buses to ferry guests to the club.

HMUA:
Mahes & her Mom
Pros: Highly recommended, friendly, very responsive,very punctual, tries her best to give the look you asked for and very affordable
Cons: NIL

Photography:
Kanthan Jay
Pros: Very friendly, very proactive, responsive, reliable and punctual. Personally i dun find his charges expensive.
Cons: Nil

Videography :
Olive Frames
Pros: Very responsive, reliable, punctual and very friendly
Cons: I find the charges a little expensive

Catering:
Mayura
Pros: Food was on time, layout of the food was good and all the guest commented that the food as superb. No leftovers from the food at all. Responsive and reliable
Cons : Nil

Decors:
Pandora Tomorrow
Pros: Very responsive, reliable and punctual was very pleased with decors. charges were pretty low as we had most of the other logistics taken care by the club.
Cons: Nil

Every other stuffs was provided by the club.

AnitaST

Hi All,

I just got over my ROM and planning up for the traditional wedding.

We had a Nautical / Thailand Solemnization theme...here are some details that i can share:

Venue: Hort Park MPH
A simple hall where 200 chairs are provided along with the hall, stage and basic sound system. They allow external caterer.
It was easy to liaise with them and pre set up testings

Catering: Orchid Thai Catering (www.orchidthai.com.sg)
Should you be interested in having authentic thai food for your event, you can engage them. The Chef is from Thailand thus the food is really tasty and brings the thai taste to your event

Tables: Shikaa Chairs Tables Rental & Services (https://www.facebook.com/shikaaservices/?fref=ts)
Ordered the tables with covers with them and it was a well coordinated team

Balloons: Balloon Blasters (https://www.facebook.com/BalloonBlasters/?fref=ts)
We ordered helium balloons, alphabet balloons and balloon arch from them

MUA: Mahes Make Up Artist
I engaged her for my engagement and since i was comfortable with her work, i re-engaged her for my ROM
Punctual, open to suggestions, ideas and changes on spot

Hope the above details can help BTB ;-)

Sam70100

Hi,

I have been reading the forum just recently and wondering if anyone could send me the spreadsheet that everyone is talking about :) Thanks in advance!

Sivthi

Hi everyone... I would like to know how much will a simple engagement cost and wedding cost? How much should I save up? Both of us are not looking to spend so much on our wedding.

Sam70100

Hi ladies,

Just a thought on those of you who had engaged Mahes as your makeup artist.. Did you guys contact her via phone, email or through her website??
I am trying to get in touch with her, but I believe she hasn't seen my email in the past days and was wondering if I should whatsapp her? Call her? Or give it a few more days? Any suggestions?

Bella21

Hi all. Im quite new here, pls guide me along wonderful ladies. My traditional wedding is on 4 June this year and everything is happening so fast! Anybody else getting married the same day?

sv_17

Hi Girls,

My traditional wedding is on 11 June this year and we have settled most of the big stuff. Does anyone have recommendations for Emcee, Henna Artist and Photography? We have engaged OUI for our traditional but we haven't found one for our reception.

Looking forward to your recommendations :D

Lallax

Dear Beautiful Ladies,

Firstly congraulations to all BTBs and newly wedded couples,

I just booked my traditional wedding at PGP HALL for 24th Nov. (Surprised that the date was still available.) Did my ROM 2 years ago and am finally tying the knot this year after settling our house. Can someone send me the excel sheet to my email add : [email protected]. THANKS!

Hi all,
Thought I should share my encounters/experiences for my ROM and Wedding so the BTBs can have a better idea.

My ROM was at Hotel Fort Canning last May. My husband and I chose the hotel cause we found it unique and we like the concept of the hotel. Many complimented that the food was really good.

Photography and Videography: Ji Photography
Harjit is a very committed photographer. Pictures turned out better than expected. He captures emotions well too, something that I like. By the way, he is from Seremban. Was a little apprehensive initially, but he made us comfortable and we share a close knit relationship now.

Makeup: Looks Bridal Studio
Bubbly is one helluva talented MUA. I love her for she was so committed and she did an excellent job.
I left it to her entirely to do my looks. Went along with her suggestions. I did not go for a trial and I definitely do not regret engaging her.
She even taught me how to walk in my gown, for she saw me tripping. An amazing soul she is.

Emcee: Saravanan Ayavoo
Pricey but he entertained the audience and engaged them very well. Versatile in his own way, many who came mentioned that they enjoyed the moments.

Traditional Wedding was at PGP, by luck I managed to get the date 8 months prior to wedding. Pure luck, but BTBs do not take the risk.
Please book earlier.

Food: Mayura Catering
Variety of food stations, everyone complimented that the food was delicious. Set up was unique.

Deco: Pandora Tomorrow
Vanan was accomodating and we just had to tell him the colours we wanted. Deco was very unique and elegant. Something different I would say.

MUA: Ananthy
I wanted something simple yet elegant. Again, I did not go for trial and left it to her entirely to do it. She was the only one who came along with me to the temple. Within a span of ten minutes, she changed me accessories and wedding saree and I was out. Everyone was messing up on the entrance and we wasted a good ten minutes. Ananthy held my hand and said let's walk and she brought me to the entrance. I was not feeling nervous, but she kept talking to me and made me feel very comfortable. She helped me along the way, such a humble soul she is.

I hope my experiences would help some of you a way or another. Please feel free to msg me if anything!

Here's wishing all the BTBs best of luck! Stay calm and enjoy the moment. Lotsa love <3

Labelsxlove

Hi all. Im quite new here, pls guide me along wonderful ladies. My traditional wedding is on 4 June this year and everything is happening so fast! Anybody else getting married the same day?
Hi Bella,

I'm getting married on the same day! Congrats on your upcoming wedding :) I'd be holding my ROM on 4 June. And it'd be my birthday too! :D

Labelsxlove

Hi Girls,

My traditional wedding is on 11 June this year and we have settled most of the big stuff. Does anyone have recommendations for Emcee, Henna Artist and Photography? We have engaged OUI for our traditional but we haven't found one for our reception.

Looking forward to your recommendations :D

I love Divya Sekar's henna work. You might wanna have a look.

Vidz

Hi ladies ,
I intend to go do wedding shopping in Chennai. But I'm not sure how much cash to bring. Any suggestions from you ladies would be very useful. Thanks in advance.

Lallax

Hi All, Any of you know anyone getting married at PGP Hall on 24th Nov Morning (Friday) or 25th Nov Morning(Saturday)? I am looking to share the deco cost with another couple getting married on the above mentioned dates as my wedding is on 24th Nov Evening.

DustyGem

Hi girls, I am helping my son and his fiancee look into wedding arrangements, as they away for a work a fair bit. They want to have a hindu ceremony (with priest, fire etc), and looking for a suitable venue. Wedding in Feb 2018. Not keen on hotels as might be expensive. We have 1 quotation for Raffles Town Club, but hope to get more ideas. Anyone had a traditional ceremony at any club or outdoor space? Would love to hear your views on your experience (cost, ambience, any issues etc). Thank you so much :)

DustyGem

Hi All,

I just got over my ROM and planning up for the traditional wedding.

We had a Nautical / Thailand Solemnization theme...here are some details that i can share:

Venue: Hort Park MPH
A simple hall where 200 chairs are provided along with the hall, stage and basic sound system. They allow external caterer.
It was easy to liaise with them and pre set up testings

Catering: Orchid Thai Catering (www.orchidthai.com.sg)
Should you be interested in having authentic thai food for your event, you can engage them. The Chef is from Thailand thus the food is really tasty and brings the thai taste to your event

Tables: Shikaa Chairs Tables Rental & Services (https://www.facebook.com/shikaaservices/?fref=ts)
Ordered the tables with covers with them and it was a well coordinated team

Balloons: Balloon Blasters (https://www.facebook.com/BalloonBlasters/?fref=ts)
We ordered helium balloons, alphabet balloons and balloon arch from them

Hope the above details can help BTB ;-)

Hi Anita,

Did you have a priest to do the traditional ceremony? And if so, did Hort Park allow open fire? Thanks!

Sirithfenwen

Hi! Im new to this forum. I am a btb. Im chinese and my partner is chindian. We will be having an hindu wedding ceremony. Im pretty clueless about the MUA as my contacts so far have been for chinese banquets. Anyone can send me the quotation and contacts for MUA?
Does anyone have contacts for priest as well.

I currently am holding my wedding at khalsa. If anyone needs details feel free to pm me. :)

Many thanks in advance!!! My email is [email protected]

min

Hi all,
Thought I should share my encounters/experiences for my ROM and Wedding so the BTBs can have a better idea.

My ROM was at Hotel Fort Canning last May. My husband and I chose the hotel cause we found it unique and we like the concept of the hotel. Many complimented that the food was really good.

Harjit is a very committed photographer. Pictures turned out better than expected. He captures emotions well too, something that I like. By the way, he is from Seremban. Was a little apprehensive initially, but he made us comfortable and we share a close knit relationship now.

Makeup: Looks Bridal Studio
Bubbly is one helluva talented MUA. I love her for she was so committed and she did an excellent job.
I left it to her entirely to do my looks. Went along with her suggestions. I did not go for a trial and I definitely do not regret engaging her.
She even taught me how to walk in my gown, for she saw me tripping. An amazing soul she is.

Emcee: Saravanan Ayavoo
Pricey but he entertained the audience and engaged them very well. Versatile in his own way, many who came mentioned that they enjoyed the moments.

Traditional Wedding was at PGP, by luck I managed to get the date 8 months prior to wedding. Pure luck, but BTBs do not take the risk.
Please book earlier.

Food: Mayura Catering
Variety of food stations, everyone complimented that the food was delicious. Set up was unique.

Deco: Pandora Tomorrow
Vanan was accomodating and we just had to tell him the colours we wanted. Deco was very unique and elegant. Something different I would say.

MUA: Ananthy
I wanted something simple yet elegant. Again, I did not go for trial and left it to her entirely to do it. She was the only one who came along with me to the temple. Within a span of ten minutes, she changed me accessories and wedding saree and I was out. Everyone was messing up on the entrance and we wasted a good ten minutes. Ananthy held my hand and said let's walk and she brought me to the entrance. I was not feeling nervous, but she kept talking to me and made me feel very comfortable. She helped me along the way, such a humble soul she is.

I hope my experiences would help some of you a way or another. Please feel free to msg me if anything!

Here's wishing all the BTBs best of luck! Stay calm and enjoy the moment. Lotsa love <3

Sirithfenwen

Hi all

Sorry i managed to download the file for MUA! thank you so much. I am still unable to find the contact for anathy though. she seems very highly recommended by all.

Just to share my experience in detail as well.

We have currently made a soft book for Khalsa and the venue looks lovely. the person ic told us that we could conduct a hindu wedding ceremony there and the venue on the second floor can fit up to 500 people. You would have to take the cater there (Mongul Mahal) and their menu ranges from $16++ to $30++/pax. there is another ballroom but it didnt fit our criteria.

The price of Khalsa is about the same the sri mariamman temple which we wanted initially but khalsa had newer facilities so we took that in the end.

so far for decor, pandora tomorrow seems highly recommended and my experience with them so far has been ok. Kris seems very friendly and responsive though. I have also contacted sountracx and we have yet to make the decision. both gave quite competitive and affordable pricing

As mentioned above, is anyone has contacts for anathy or any free lance priest, please pm me or let me know the contacts as this is smthing that me and my fiancee and pretty stuck and have lack of contacts.

please feel free to PM me if you need any specific pricing. =)

Cheers
Min

Sirithfenwen

Hi ladies,

Just a thought on those of you who had engaged Mahes as your makeup artist.. Did you guys contact her via phone, email or through her website??
I am trying to get in touch with her, but I believe she hasn't seen my email in the past days and was wondering if I should whatsapp her? Call her? Or give it a few more days? Any suggestions?

hello! i hope u managed to contact her. she seems to reply fast when contacted through whatsapp. do let me know if you need her contact. Cheers.

Lallax

Hi All,

Just an update on my wedding on 24/11/17.

Still deciding on which food to go for. Is Gokul really good. I have heard some say it's awesome and some say their standard have dropped. How about Ananda Bhavan? Tips pls.

As for deco, engaging my husband's cousin to do the deco for us.

I have booked Divya Sekar for my henna. Starting to go for makeup trials. Anyone has any makeup artist recommendations? Also please let me know where you guys go to for bridal facial and spa.

Las but not least, is it worth it to shop and print invites in India? Or should we just settle everything in Singapore and JB.

Too many things going on and I am such a confused bride. Please advise BTBs.

Thanks!

indianbride29

Hi I'm new to this forum.
I'm planning to have my traditional wedding between Oct - Dec 2017

Could you send me the spreadsheet as well.
Also, does anyone know where would be a good place to hold sanathi weddings?
Thanks in advance

Jays2018

Hi everyone! I am getting married in Jan 2018 so could really do with the Holy Spreadsheet that seems to be the main buzz here!
Would also be grateful if anyone can share about their wedding hall and costs - we wish to marry in a temple but need a hall that can accommodate 500 pax
Thank you!

Email: [email protected]

Gowri

Hello everyone. I'm so so glad that there is a forum for indian brides here. My wedding is in 2018 June. Can someone please please send me this spreadsheet that everyone is talking about please? Thanks heaps!!

Email address: [email protected]

shopoholic

Hi girls, I am helping my son and his fiancee look into wedding arrangements, as they away for a work a fair bit. They want to have a hindu ceremony (with priest, fire etc), and looking for a suitable venue. Wedding in Feb 2018. Not keen on hotels as might be expensive. We have 1 quotation for Raffles Town Club, but hope to get more ideas. Anyone had a traditional ceremony at any club or outdoor space? Would love to hear your views on your experience (cost, ambience, any issues etc). Thank you so much :)

Serangoon garden country club is a really nice place to consider. Deco is by sountrax and food is fantastic when taken from their caterer. The stage and all made all my pictures look fantastic.

shopoholic

Another thing to consider when choosing mua is who will tie the Saree. My mua brought along this aunty to tie and it was so horrible. My sister sari fell apart seriously! And the lady blamed it on the sari.

Sometimes the younger ones don't tie as well. So so take note of that as well. You will be in it for hours so it has to be extremely comfortable.

I choose sharmila and she didn't do hair so the aunty did my hair as well. Very normal and I didn't like it at all. You need to ask all these questions on who will do everything. In their pictures online it may look good but the hair could have been don't my someone else that you need to pay extra for so please check. If you need extensions or whatever check every single thing with them. Nowadays most don't even follow to the wedding hall. My mua caused me a panic when the aunty said she wasn't aware she had to follow me for a 2nd Saree change. Seriously is that even New?!

Malini does very elegant hair and I've done her makeup too. Super good work and fast and professional. Makeup mantra did for my cousin and it was very beautiful but she came more than 45 mins late, engaged in a lot of unnecessary chit chat on her personal life with the hmua which was annoying for us. Despite being late and ending late, she insisted on taking photos of the bride. It was such a screwup cause the bus to bring the family to the wedding hall has already arrived and everyone had to leave before the bride. Another of my friend later told me that she was late for her bangle ceremony too - but at least it was at home. Other than work, it's very important to ensure that they are professionals and understand the importance of their roles. Prices are steep and service should be of par. Mahes mua I feel that her makeup is quite nice and she is very very receptive towards feedback. She did my personal makeup once and kept asking me if I was okay with my hair and makeup until I was satisfied. Even when she thinks it can be improved she will be honest and do it again.

Imo, wedding cards are not worth spending or sweating too much on because it will go to the bin anyway.

Ensure deco for bangle ceremony and wedding are as you like cause that will stay in photographs forever :)

shasikala

Hi all!

I agree completely with shasikala on booking sharmila as a MUA
Disadvantages: 1. lack of interpersonal skills regarding makeup choices (I suspect that she likes her clients to tell her that they leave the choice of makeup to her).
2.very difficult to get her to confirm anything at all. She is highly unresponsive. Sharmila states it is because she is very busy. BUT in my opinion, when you have made
a commitment you have to be responsive to a reasonable extent to the bride's queries, at the very least.
3. did not glue my eyelashes on properly and half of it was flapping about ( my guests noted this to my undying shame )
4. She caked on foundation and thickened my eyebrows so I looked like a wayang opera performer ( She is better with the fairer of skin: I noted this with reference to
her having done bridal makeup for myself, 2 of my tanned skinned family members and 1 of my darker skinned acquaintances).

Advantage: 1. She was punctual. ( At least, for my function ).
2. Matter of fact ( She was completely engrossed in doing my face: not distracted by anything at all ).
3. Makeup products are of superior quality; I did not break out Much after the function as I normally would have.

Go for her trial if you can afford it. I learnt this the really hard way. I did not and regret this so much. Her trial is nearly as ex as her actual day booking though!

I am looking to book everything from scratch for my temple wedding. Does anyone know of any good astrologer pls? May I also have the spreadsheet pls? please send to [email protected]. Thank you
Would like to clarify that i did not comment my feedback on MUA sharmila as i did not engage her for any of my events.