House Moving (movers) Company - Any recommendation?

lonewolf

I would be shifting to my new place at the end of the year. I'll be engaging the services of a house moving company and would be looking around for a reliable company. Anyone got any recommendation? There would be a number of sizeable items involved eg. TVs, washing machine, chest of drawers, beds etc.., Heard its quite competitive nowadays.

curly

You might like to check out NTUC income website - www.income.com.sg

For a 24-ft truck, they charge $450 per trip and for a 14-ft truck, they charge $250 per trip. Pls note that the moving company(s) has contract with NTUC income.

alpha

hi, i know of someone who does moving and at a very affordable rate... recommanded a few friends to them and they are please with their service...
i'll post their contact here shortly...

lonewolf

Hi alpha

Appreciate if you can send me the contact of your recommendation. YOu can e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks!

My contractor recommended me another mover which I found out is a company called BestHouse Transport. I know this is highly unlikey but if anyone has used their service before, how is their service?

W

wildiris

hi lonewolf, you can try this guy. Victor hp:98583366. he's one of those who deliver for v.hive. professional house mover.

nature

My friend's house mover has "hidden cost". For example, they surcharge for moving things that are not well packed in big cartons. My friend ended up paying extra $100 cos his sis's things were all packed in small portion.
They surcharge for moving safe boxes too. They asked for $200 for each safe box. After some negotiation, my friend paid $100 for two safe boxes (65x45x45 cm).

So, when you need to engage in house mover service, check the quoted and hidden cost beforehand.

Just a gentle reminder to all of you....

joyce

whatever you decide, don't even consider Potential House Movers. They did a no show at the last minute. Totally disappointing. Had to ask for services of another mover at last min, incurred high costs

lonewolf

Well just to put everyone at ease. I engaged the house mover recommended by alpha and I have to say that I'm happy with their service.

No hidden cost was involved coz they would come down to survey the items you had to move and give you a black and white quotation. So no possibility of dispute.

lonewolf

Hi Superman. Will be delighted to. It's on the way... faster than a speeding bullet. 8) Sorry couldn't help it.

alpha, good recommendation. Now Cat has to give you more treats!

pink_tulip

Hi Lonewolf,

Can you email me the contact recommended by alpha also? We are looking for a mover right now, pleaseeee...........

zesugal

hi lonewolf,

thank you
happy.gif
i had received ur email.will call them and ask for details.

thank you again
happy.gif

zesugal

hi lonewolf,

called catherine but we are unable to engage her services.she was nearly booked for Dec and we nd to shift early Nov sigh....

is there any gd recommendation besides her??

lonewolf

hi zesugal

Sorry it din work out for you. Basically hers was the 2nd company I source and I was happy with the quotation and proceed with it. The 1st company I approached wasn't too great so I won't recommend it.

Perhaps you can try the recommendation of some of the others posted by other fellow forumers. I think there was another thread with a couple more recommendation.

Good luck!

zesugal

Hi Lonewolf,

I had engaged M2(where the advertisment they pasted on the lift).Hope they are good and no additional cost *praying hard*

windtcy

I have recently moved to my new house. The mover very efficient and price reasonable. No hidden cost. Would recommend to the rest of u. Those of you who's interested can call the mover. His name is Desmond. His hp no. is 98516837. Or u can actually email him at [email protected]
Hope this info helps u

checkerina

Hi All,

We just moved using 138 Professional Movers.They used labours from India and those workers not professional at all and very rough too.Their moving system also very messy.Our wardrobe,dressing table got a lot of visible scratches.And they even knock against the walls which dented and our timber skirting also damage.

Though they say their pricing includes insurance against damage.We did told their management about it and beside saying sorry,nothing else was mentioned.

newowner

Hi checkerina,

i saw an advertisement "Professional Movers" and wonder if it is the same movers as yours. Can you forward me the contact name and number so if they are the same, i won't engage them. Thanks.

my email: [email protected]

checkerina

Hi tabasco,

Sorry for the late reply as i just back fm overseas trip.

They are located at Bedok Industrial Park E & tel no. is 62605603 & hp no. 94759475

handydog

checkerina, are they that bad? I've booked them as quite a few of my friends used them & gave them praises. SO I'm a bit concern as some of my furniture are quite huge & my new flooring is wood. Scary ....

checkerina

hi handydog,

yeap!

it was fm this forum when i knew abt this transport company & decided to use them.seem like a lot of praises from users but in actual fact what we encounter are totally different.even my hubby who quite easy-going got complaints on their services saying they don't know how to protect items when moving.so many scratches on furniture and some part even chip off.

kxbc

Recommended this mover by a friend. Used this company twice in 4 months. Excellent service. Always arrive on time (try to arrange for first morning slot if possible) and they are amazingly fast. Did everything in around 3 hours, including traveling time. Big items like fridge, W/M, TV, mattress, cabinets etc are wrapped in thick quilts and Glade Wrap. Boxes provided a few weeks before move for your packing purposes. Their truck is those covered kind. I found the price reasonable.

Call Kenny at 91018331. He will need to go to your place to look see look see before giving you a quote.

jen2

Call 138 Professional Movers at 94759475. I did a comparison among 4 movers. His n another quoted me the cheapest but we felt it better 2 go w them. PM price incl carton boxes too, only gotta buy own masking tapes. ;p

whitefantasy

We just moved using 138 Professional Movers.They used labours from India and those workers not professional at all and very rough too.Their moving system also very messy.Our bed,wardrobe,dressing table got a lot of visible scratches.And they even knock against the walls which dented and our timber skirting also damage.

Though they say their pricing includes insurance against damage.We did told their management about it and beside saying sorry,nothing else was mentioned.

buttercookies

You can call Wilson at 9029-2446. Highly recommend him. A sincere and honest living guy. His moving procedure is very systematic, efficient, and he wraps our furniture (eg bed, computers) before moving. his price includes boxes, wrapping. take note that some companies will quote you very cheap, but in the end, they will ask to increase price because this and that. Wilson gave us a price, and that was the final price we paid.

jen2

We've completed moving. No complains abt Professional Movers. They were fast & efficient! Started around 5.15pm and completed by 7.45pm. This is very fast to us, considering tt our old hse is 2 and half floor above lift landing. They oso wrapped furnitures, washg m/c, fridge, TV, etc. Understand tt PM has got another subsidiary or sis coy. Do specify tt u only want PM not its subsidiary.

whitefantasy

Confirm the one i used is 138 Professional Movers and the tel no. also 9475 9475.

Our new house is just 1 floor up fm our old house and they did not wrap the furnitures or electrical equipments.Even our glass dining table they also just hand-carry up without any protection.(The legs of our dining table collapse after 2 wks of moving in).This can prove how careless and abusive moving by their workers.If they are really responsible and provide good services,they should actually wrap all our items before shifting although our flat is just 1 floor up.

Well,is from this forum that i decided to use this transport company coz seem like got a lot of good reviews (not sure if posted by the same person or not)

But what we experience is definitely totally different.They are fast but did not do a good job.Not organize and messy moving system.

I actually pay for $100 alone to move my 2 doors sliding wardrobe but yet got lots of scratches here & there.

So i would NOT RECOMMEND this transport company if you hv fragile or expensive items to move.But if you want to use "AT YOUR OWN RISK"

lynda_low78

I have used this mover abot 2 years back highly recommended to me by my colleague and I feel he is pretty good... Will give you the boxes FOC and will help you to throw the old stuffs away for u as well but you need to negotiate with them in advance on this... His number is 94759475. Look for Peter...

vvbbb

my best friend used this guy Jimmy 9271-6042 cos she moved almost every 2 yrs hehehe..she paid him $50-60 for 10box and she paid $80 for 20box
I planned to use his service when i moved to new flat next year. Never used his service before but i trusted my friend cos she's quite fussy so her standard shd be better than mine.

rlim0

i recommend cyc movers (63671732). engaged them to do my move in nov 2005. a team of 6 came and they were very puncture, fast and efficient. the entire process from my previous home to my new home was not more than 2 hours.

old_timer

Hi,
I just moved house and used a chinese co called kim meng transportation. contact steven ng at 62846883. He came over and gave me a quote for the total moving experience. Cost is $450 for 2 and a half lorry load, he supplied me with 20 boxes free and wrapped all furniture and big things for you on the moving day. even moved cupboards and assemble them for you. workers are not the ex-drug addicts or illegal workers etc but solid workers. I move house every 4 years so i have been through a few movers and find that this guy is good at what he does.

For moving small amount of things call andrew foo at: 96960330, he has a van and will be able to move small items easily and he charges currently $25 per trip for location A to B no matter where in SG.

nelle

Used High Point. They are very fast and efficient. They don't talk much and also help to clear your old furniture and give to the old folks at clementi. Just used one lorry to move about 30 cartons.

yeohyeoh

Hi all, I called up Jimmy 9271-6042 last week to help me move my things to my new home. I must say that they are very good. 2 chinese guys, they were very efficient and very careful with my stuff. And the price is pretty fair too. SGD100 for 20++ boxes + computer table + misc stuff. For every item they moved in, they will ask me where I want it placed. The whole process was less than 1 hour. My hubby and I were both very impressed and happy with their work
happy.gif

This is the 3rd time (and hopefully my last) I have used house movers, found the first 2 through Straits Time Classified. I had much lesser things then but they charged me more than $100. First time was 3 foreign workers, they were very "cho lo", broke one of my bookshelfs legs... and they just dumped my things at the living room. 2nd time was a chinese guy, also just dump my things on at the living room...