Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

tracy

Hi Stars & SP,
Sorry for the late reply. I just came back from my honeymoon a few days back. My wedding is on a sat and i had 36 tables. Unfortunately there were 3 other couples that day so i guess that explains the lack of parking space. Hence most of my guests park their cars at nearby parking lots. I think its better to check with Eugenia to see if there are any other couples getting married on the same day. If yes, it will be good to inform your guests a few days or a week prior to your big day so that they will come earlier to park their car or take public transport instead. Hope the info helps!

Tracy

stars

Hi Tracy
How's your honeymoon? I guess it must be fun. Did the guests have any comments about the food or service?
HI Carol and SP
Have you got your photos? By the way, for your ROM did you specially go for hairdo and make up? Where did you all go for lunch after that?

Regards
stars

carol

Hi Stars:
I've not got my wedding pics yet, still waiting for the outdoor shooting.
Have seen my studio pics, pleased with the results, therefore giving me more confidence in the outdoor shooting.

Will definite show you gals the pics, when they are done.
I didn't go for any special hairdo or make-up, I wanted something natural.

Carol
proud.gif

tracy

Hi gals,
carol, i'm glad the info helps
happy.gif

Hi Stars, my honeymoon is ok but not as fun as we thought. Guess the difference between the weather among the different states really affected us. Both my hubby and myself were sick though he's worse (he's sick right from the start to the end of the trip)
sad.gif
. We did manage to have some good time at Brisbane though. How's your preparation coming? Keep me posted!

Tracy

carol

Hi Tracy:
Thanks for sharing about your wedding & Honeymoon.
Well, I guess as long as the honeymoon is memorable to the both of you, that's most important, you did have some fun though both of you are sick.

Hey, do you mind sharing your Actual day pics with us, when they are done.
You can email to us.

Regards:
Carol

stars

Hi Tracy , SP and Carol
The new year is round the corner. So fast huh? The year 2002 is here soon. I wonder will we be very busy espcially some of us are preparing for the wedding. By the way , did you all go for facial and things like spa before the big day? Just wondering , I saw some of my colleagues going for back treatment also.

Happy New Year to you all!

stars

carol

Hi Stars:
Yah, one year has passed, time really files...
The year 2002 will be a busy year for me, busy will my wedding preparations. After the CYN, got to meet Eugenia to choose the invitation card.

In fact, I have regular facial all the while, but I did went for a spa before my studio shooting, to relax lah...
Back treatment sound good, I think I would go for it before my big day.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Regards:
carol

tracy

Hi carol, stars, SP,
What's your email address? I'll send some of the pics to you when i've scan them
crazy.gif

I went for a facial a week b4 the big day. I was afraid that there might be a breakout that day.
Yeap i agree time flies! All of us will be having a hectic time in the coming year especially you gals.But i guess that's what makes it memorable too
happy.gif

Where are you gals going for your honeymoon? Decided yet?

Tracy

carol

Hi Tracy:
Yah, wedding preparations are stressful but memorable too. I guess I'll enjoy it & missed it when my wedding's over.

Honeymoon, maybe going to Australia or Korea.

Sure, this is my email:
promise2love00.yahoo.com.sg

hey, Happy New Year, 2002.

Regards:
Carol

stars

Hi Tracy
My email address is [email protected].
Looking forward to see your wedding photos.

Hi all

I don't go for facial so I think I must start going this year. My ROM will be in March verry excited. Carol, I have forgotten when is your wedding. Can tell me again? I wonder when to go down to choose my wedding gown. I have to take my photoshoot in June.

Regards
stars

carol

Hi stars:
My wedding is in July, 7 mths more, I'm feeling very excited already...
hahaha...

When I went for my ROM, I was very excited too...
That was 2 years ago, but the feelings & the memories are still so clear.

carol
happy.gif

carol

Hi SP:
Happy new Year!!!
biggrin.gif

How's everything, still busy with your work? It has been some time since I hear from you. Hope to hear from you soon.
uhoh.gif

Hi Tracy:
Sorry, I've given you the wrong email add. It should be [email protected]

embarrassed.gif

Carol

queenie

Hi Ladies...

"Happy New Year"
happy.gif

How's everybody here?? Sorie been v.bz with my work lately. Also been bz. with my ROM stuff....which is nxt month. hey Stars, sorie dun get yr msg earlier abt the bridal boutique. I have just gone down to EB to try on a few gowns and quite satisfy with their service so far..will be going down nxt thur to chose my ROM dress. I have actually make a appt with Sandy to do my ROM makeup and hair..heard alot of good comments abt her...

Abt facial, i have been going to my regular place for the pass 8 years..very kaisu hor...i think its good to go for facial once a mth to have the face real clean.

Hi Tracy,

Can i also see your wedding photos?? my email address: [email protected]
Thks

Catch up with u guys..

Cheers

tracy

Happy New Year gals,
Thanks for your email add. Will send you the pics when i've scanned them!

Tracy

jan

Hi Tracy!

My dinner is in May so i guess yr info comes in timely. If there's more reminders that, we, HIPV brides shid know wif regards to HIPV could u share wif us again ?? heehee.....

Can I have a look @ yr photos too?
E-mail add: [email protected]

Jan

stars

Hi everybody
How are all of u? SP, Never hear from you for so long. you busy? Queenie, I will start going facial this month. Your ROM is in Feb? Which date? Mine in March leh. I have chosen my ROM gown already. Heehee so kiasu huh? By the way forget when is your wedding date.
Can I check with you all the trial make up is actaully before photo shoot or before the actual wedding day?

Thank you gals

You all take care

stars

carol

Hi Stars:
Nice to hear from you. Going for ROM in march, so you've choosen your gown. How's the other preparations.
I guess the other HIPV brides must be very busy lah... not many messages nowadays.

I would be going for my outdoor photoshooting next month, very excited about it.
rofl.gif

& after CYN, will meet up with Eugenia to choose the invitation cards... Me more "kaisu" hor...

My trial make-up will be after the photoshoot.

Regards:
Carol
smile.gif

queenie

Hi Stars,

Me going ROM in 020202. will be going dwn 2molo to choose my ROM dress. Actually last year, i have bought a dress from Danial Yam. So if i dun see anything suitable, i think i will stick back to my own dress. my actual day will be on 22 Nov 02. My photoshoot will be in July 02. Actually what i know abt the trial make-up is done when u try on your actual WG n EG. That means b4 your photoshoot. dun say that u kiasu, me also :p...btw when your big day? where will u be going for your 1st facial??? i am interested.

Really counting down to my ROM.....kind of stress, hopefully everything goes well....

Catch up with u soon

Ta Ta
happy.gif

S

sp

Hi gals

Sorry for not joining for a few days ! Out stationed and was busy with work.
Got no time to think about my wedding right now.

Congrats Queenie ! What a nice date 02/02/2002. Maybe next year couples will tie the knot on 03/03/03 ? How about 04/04/04 ? hahahaha.

Hi Jan
Your wedding is in May, wow, 4 months time. Excited ? Got your wedding cards printed ? What's your design ? Do share with us, lor.

SP

carol

Hi Queenie:
So your ROM is on next month, so excited about it har??? Must be lah, I was so excited during my time, that I can't sleep the night before that...
Don't stress ok... Relax... it's got to be very fun & memorable.
rofl.gif

Hi SP:
Busy with your work hah, me ok loh, busy about staying "mei mei" for my outdoor shooting next month. I will be going down to meet up with eugenia to choose my invitation cards.

Take care, gals....
Carol

stars

Hi Queenie
Wow you really love the number 2 acually I love it 2. heehee cos my birthday falls on the month of Feb. but my ROM will be on the 7 of Mar. My wedding date 17 Nov.I may be going for facial at Serangoon Central. My friend recommended me there. Must ask her again and let u know.

Hi Carol
How u stay mei mei huh? Me also busy with my work and also granny sick so no time to stay mei mei and to keep fit.
By the way how you gals stay in shape huh? I worried of the big tummy of mine leh. After lunch sit and sit. Getting bigger.hee
ok lah

Take care
stars

carol

Hi Gals:
Seems rather quite lately ha.... Busy with your work, must still must remember to take care, drink lots of water & catch some beauty sleep.

Hi Stars:
My method of staying mei mei is to drink lots of water & be happy, & relax... I can understand that you have to take care of your sick granny, but still got to take ok... Meanwhile, you can do some exercise to keep your tummy flat, like sit-up.
lol.gif

Well, now my best exercise is doing household chores loh...
smile.gif

By the way, have a nice weekend!
Regards:
Carol

tracy

Aloha gals!
Suddenlt thought of something which might help. Dunno whether its too late for some of ya gals. For my dinner, we had the spare ribs dish which is in one of the menus. However, most of my guests felt that it was too oily and fatty. So HIPV brides who actually had this dish in their menu might wanna consider changing it for another dish.

Tracy

carol

Hi Tracy:
Thanks so much for your information...
It's definitely jseful for me since I've not confirmed my menu with Eugenia yet....
smile.gif

Regrads:
carol

jan

Thanks,Tracy!
But I have olreadi confirmed my menu! Happens that we didn't choose that dish.

Hi SP!
I'll be receiving the sample cards thru post. There's no particular design since i'm taking from HIPV. Basically, there's only 2 designs (white OR red)!!

Wah...dun need so fast to print lah!
3mths b4 can.....

Jan

carol

Hi Tracy:
Thanks for sharing your wedding pic, Although, just one pic, but still very nice leh...
will be waiting for the rest from you.
lol.gif

Hi Jan:
Can I check with you, will you be using the printer recommedated by HIPV or your own printer.
If I'm not wrong, HIPV is using T-Dragon Printing.

Regards:
carol

S

sp

Hi Jan

HIPV has the red & cream cards, but if you don't like the design, you can choose other cards too. Ask your wedding consultant for the range.

Thanks Tracy for the info. I'll take note & I don't fancy pork dish anyway. Most likely we'll not take that dish. Thanks

carol

Hi SP:
How are you??? Kinda of miss you leh...
Have you seen the range of cards from HIPV. I feel that the cream one look smple & nice. I'll be chossing the cards in march. What about you?

Carol

jan

Hi Carol!

I'll b taking my hubby's fren services as he is running a printing biz.

From the way u asked, seems u r not keen on using HIPV's recommended printer?? prices high issit??

Hi SP!
Thanks for telling me that! I'm not aware tt there r still other designs to choose from!!
Any extra charges shld we choose other than the red/cream ones har?

carol

Hi Jan:
In fact I'm not too sure what are the charges like for HIPV's printer. Heard from some of the other brides in the forum that there are quite a few good printer(lower charges)...
Thought of saving some money mah...
blush.gif

Regards:
Carol

enid

Hi all,

Anyone sign up recently ? Is there any promotion ?
Any comments for the smaller ballroom as i only hv 12-15 tables ? Thks.

carol

Hi Enid:
Not too sure if there's a promotion going on recently you may want to check with:
Eugenia (wedding Consultant) tel: 7300121

If you have 12-15 tables, they will let you take the Orchid Ballroom instead, located at 1st Level. it cozy for a smaller wedding.

Regards:
carol
smile.gif

tracy

Halo gals!
You might wanna try bras besar complex. They have a few printers there which are quite cheap. You may wanna go there to have a look. The wedding gift shop at marina sq is asking for $120 for 200 cards. They have quite nice designs there too.

Tracy

carol

Hi Tracy:
Thanks for your information, you've been very helpful.
By the way, did you use the printer recommend by HIPV? If you do, how's the charges like.

Regards:
Carol

S

sp

Hi Jan
You can go down to the card supplier, T-dragon to take a look at their range. Of course certain cards may be more ex$$$ than the hotel's card. You need to top up the difference. The only thing is that the location map isn't printed behind the card but they will provide a map insert instead.
As for the printing cost, I guess it's about $100 - $130 depending on the quantity & how complex is your design.
Eugenia says that we are not obligated to print our cards there, we can source for our own printer.

Hi Carol
Thousand apologies for not chatting on the Sb so often now, coz' I'm busy with work and got to travel a little bit.

Thanks Tracy, for your wedding photos, it's beautiful. Too bad, only 1 copy, any more coming ?

Stay connected !
SP

carol

Hi SP:
Nice to hear from you again. Busy har... but remember to take care of yourself leh...

Hi Tracy:
Eagerly waiting for your other pics...

Carol

jan

Hi Tracy!

Thanks for sharing yr beautiful pics!
Got more.....????

Can share wif me which card design did u choose?
Red OR Cream?? OR others??
Find red one a little obiang...bcos of dragon pic in the background.....if only it's wif phoenix together, wouldn't it b perfect then ?

And cream one....too plain
How??

stars

Hi everyone
How are you gals? Wow you all seem to be talking about printing of cards now?
I guess is too early for me cos mine is end of the year. But good I can get useful ideas form you all. Thank you!
Hi Tracy
I did not receive your wedding pics? Did you miss me out, so sad.:p I will wish to see your pic too can?
here's my email address: [email protected]
Thank you
you all take care

Regards
stars

carol

Hi Stars:
I'm fine but rather busy lately. Yah most of us are talking about the invitation cards from HIPV. Did you get to see the sample cards?

I think it's good to start sourcing for a good printer early, no problem will share with whatever we have.
Take care...

Carol
smile.gif

S

sp

Hi Carol

Sigh, will be out station again this week, so tiring. Haven't got much time to catch up on the wedding stuff with you gals. What more about meeting up with Eugenia to see her wedding pictures ! Sigh !
I hope she can wait until I'm more free to visit her. Have not spoken to her for some time already.
It's so sweet of her to email me from time to time to send me a greeting card.

Ciao
SP

carol

Hi SP:
Seems very busy for your work leh... Please take care ok... Anyway we could meet up with Eugenia some other times. I'll be meeting her after CYN to look at her wedding album & choose my invitation cards.

Yah, did receive her mail & cards & phone cards from time to time, she even taught me many things on traditions for weddding.

Take Care!!!
carol
happy.gif

tracy

Hi gals!
Sorry! I've been busy lately.
Hi Carol
I did not use the printer recommended by HIPV. As i am having some custom made cards at the wedding gift shop, i printed my cards together with the rest. It costs $120 for 200 cards. You might wanna drop in and have a look. They have nice cards there.
Hi SP, Jan
I will try to send you more pics. Having a little problem compressing the file hehe. As for the card, me not so lucky. Only the cream one is available at that time. The red one is not available then.
Opps Stars,
Sorry! Me will try to send you the pic i have now. Hope it'll reach you this time
happy.gif

Take care gals!
PS. Send my regards to Eugenia if you gals see her! Thanks!

Tracy

carol

Hi Tracy:
Gald to have you back here.
I think I will look at the cards available at HIPV first, then decide wheather to get cards from outside.

Still waiting to see the rest of your pics...

Sure, I'll be meeting Eugenia after CYN to look at the cards & her wedding album, will send your regards to her. By the way, is tracy your real name?
Take Care too.
smile.gif

Carol

sugarchoc

Hi Gerls

I f u have picked HIPV or still considering, u have made ze RIGHT choice!!!

My wedding was on 16 Dec'01 and it was worth every cent we had paid! For a non 5 star hotel, the food was very good (picky relatives and even frens commneted that for once the hotel food was GOOD!) and the deco and ambience was quite fairy-tale like :)

Service-was was not bad, they assigned one waiter to each table and there were no hiccups at all during my dinner :)

My co-ordinator Jasmine has been very helpful and service-oriented. I never had any problems at all with the arrangements whatsoever.

Her recommendations for changing certain dishes in the menu was good and I was glad to have taken her advice!

Overall HIPV rates in a 8/10 for value for $$$ and overall service and food.

Good luck gerls and happy wedding planning!

Cheerios, sugarchoc

bijou

Hi Sugarchoc,

May i know how many tables you have for your wedding? If i have more than 30 tables, will the hotel be able to assign 1-waiter to a table?

Thanks!

carol

Hi Sugarchoc:
Congrats!!!
rofl.gif

Thanks for sharing with us your wonderful experience with HIPV, I'm not waiting anxiously for my big day... Any tips or advices for us: HIPV brides.

Just wondering if you could share your actual day pics with me, really looking forward to.
My email:
[email protected]

Thanks & Take Care
Carol

S

sp

Hi Sugarchoc

Thanks for the assuring us that we've made the right choice. Can't wait for mine wedding banquet in Nov this year.

Hi mei mei Carol
Long time no say hello to you already. Your photo shoot must drawing near. Do email me you photos when they are ready at [email protected]
Just got back for the Chinese new year and will be going off again early March. Sigh....

Got some greetings from Eugenia for CNY & Valentine's, so sweet. But I did not get a chance to spend a romantic day with my the other half, as he's not in town. How sad. At least I have a e-card from Eugenia to cheer me up.

Regards
SP