Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

stars

Hi everrybody,
I amn going to sign up with HIPV this coming Saturday. By the way, can I check with you all something, is there anything to take note of when I am signing the contract?
To :SP
Your wedding is 2 Nov right? When did you actaully sign up? Is is the promotion package? I am going to sign up for Nov too.

Hope to hear from you all.

Thank you
Luv
stars

tracy

Hi Carol, SP,

My wedding's in NOV. My wedding consultant was William initially. However, he left about a month ago thus Eugenia became my wedding consultant. I'm quite happy with her. She's very helpful and gave me useful suggestions which help me save some money, hehe which is important to us at this time.Overall me very happy with HIPV
happy.gif

Tracy

carol

Hi Stars:
Gald to know another HIPV brides.
Have you actually discuss most of the details with your wedding consulatant?
For my case, I've discuss most of them before going down to the bridal show.
Just take note of the contract details like no of tables; the package that you're signing up for, wedding date & the freebies given.

Will be signing up for the promotional package?

Regards:
carol

S

sp

Hi Tracy

So glad, another person is happy with Eugenia, and she can be very helpful and always have the time to share with you on the wedding preparations. Your wedding is thie year, right?
So excited for you ! Mine is still another year away.

Hi Star
I signed up during the bridal show and basically, the package itself is really value for money. I can't think of anything else to ask ( freebies). Quite 'piah say' , It will be like very al-cheapo.
Already sure a cheap price and ask for so much things, not so nice, lei. But I have compared the package with their normal package price and other hotel's too, it is one of the most reasonable and cheap package around.

Are you going for the $599 or $649 package ?

regards
SP

unique

Hi Everybody,

Is HIPV still offering the S$599 promotional pkg. Thought this pkg ends in September. Can somebody pls advise if they still have this promotional pkg cos my fren is still sourcing for a hotel.

carol

Hi Unique:
I've checked out with HIPV, although they have ended their promotions but Eugenia will still extend for those who wanted to signed up with them, but provided the date that your friend is looking for is still available.

The HIPV promotional pkg is really very attractive.
So hurry!!!

Regards:
carol

tired

Hi Carol,

Saw your msg in this forum. I am surprised that the promotional pkg is still on cos when I went down at the end of September the sales staff told me that this promotion will end in September and when I ask her to extend the promotion period so that my hubby n I can consider it before paying the deposits, she only extend until Monday for me to decide (I have gone down on Friday).

Isn't it frustrating to known that this promotion is still going on when they claimed that it is only until Sunday.

carol

Hi Tired:
I'm too sure if there's any misunderstanding here & there.
Whom did you spoke with regarding of the extention of the package.
Maybe, I'll try to talk to Eugenia about this to clear up the misunderstanding.

Regards:
carol

tracy

Yeap SP, my wedding will be taking place next month. I'm getting really excited now. But i'm having a problem, i'm not sure whether i should choose the shorter aisle or the longer one? Anyone have anyone suggestions on that?

SP, which month is your wedding held next year? select your gowns already?

Tracy

golf

Hi Tracy,

If you have around 25 tables you can take the longer aisle but if you have 35 tables n above it will be better to take the shorter aisle cos anybody sitting near the pillar will not be blocked.

If yours is 25 tables take the longer aisle cos my fren who have held her wedding in HIPV felt that the shorter aisle is too short. Within mins she discovered that she had already reached the table.

stars

Hi Carol and SP
Thank you for your advise. I will take note of them when signing up on Saturday.
I signed up for the $599 package. Mine is on a Sun. Most of the sat and sun are taken up for the month of nov and dec. So sad I miss the bridal show. Cannot get a date in dec.

Did you all actually choose a date yourself or did you ask somebody to specially choose the date. I was confused initially as different people say different dates good. : (

But there is one thing , I am quite worried about is the food. Do you think the promotional package is not that good?

Luv
Stars

stars

Hi Golf
Is your wedding over already? How about 30 tables ? Can take long aisle right?

Hi Tracy
Which bridal studio did you sign up with? Me looking for one now.

Anyone has any suggestions?I heard my fiends were saying that you can't get the best of both world. Either photos nice or gowns nice. True?

Thank you
Stars

carol

Hi tired:
I didn't ask for any more feebies, my pkg is quite a good deal already.

Hi tracy: I feel a long walk will be ok.

Hi stars:
We have choosen the date ourselves but after that to please the parents, we ask them to check with the geomancer & the date turn out to be an auspicious one.
Do you any dates in mind, why don't you choose the date 1st & ask for help later.
Sometimes too many advice doesn't seem to be good.
It's difficult to please everyone, most impt is that two of you are happy, it's yr wedding anyway...

Regards:
carol

S

sp

Hi Tired

Have you signed up for the promotional package ?
I agree with Carol that there maybe some misunderstanding here & there. Of course, if there are couples who are really keen on this package, I believe HIPV will extend the promotional package to them, but there will be a date line. Why not call the wedding consultant to clarify ? At least it will clear your doubts & frustrations ! The wedding consultants are a nice bunch of people to talk to (especially mine, I'm so happy)

Hi Tracy
My wedding will be in Nov next year.
Which bridal boutique did you go to ? How's the package like ? I have not gone to any boutiques yet.
Long aisle will be very grand, I thought of choosing the long walk for my wedding, with the chandeliers above. I am having about 30 tables or so. But I guess it will be more of a personal opinion between you & your hubby.

Hi Stars
Why not go for a food tasting if you are worried about the food ? I think it is at 50% of the price only. My package comes with a complimentary food tasting if I have 30 tables and above.
I have a friend who got married at HIPV and the comments are pretty good. The food is up to expectation. It seems like HIPV is a popular venue for weddings. Along Orchard Road, this is one of the hotel that offers a good rate and well to do food & service ( just my point of view, lah). I doubt I can find another Orchard Road hotel that can give me what I want (price wise).
Maybe some other brides who have had their weddings at HIPV can comment ? Tracy, let us know how your wedding turn out, can?

regards
SP

J

justy

Hi all,

Thanks for all the info you gals have been exchanging so far. I did give a call to HIPV and spoke their wedding consultant, Eugenia, who is very friendly and within seconds I got the wedding package and photos through email from her. She gave a very good impression and she has even accommodated to show me the Ballroom at a time after her office hours. Can't comment much on the rest except that maybe after meeting up with her to view the ballroom, then can decide. Not too keen to have pillars in the room but the wedding consultant is patient enough to answer my queries about the wedding package and availability of dates. Have tried calling some other hotels, but the service over the phone isn't that great. I guess first impression counts alot (even over the phone !) Looking forward to see the ballroom.
Thanks once again for recommending HIPV, gals ! your info here really helps alot.

Grateful
JUSTY

tracy

Hi all,

My hubby and myself like the longer aisle too but like what Golf said, some guests will be blocked by the pillars. We're still cracking our heads over it
sad.gif

Hi again SP,

I signed up with Double-up Bridal studio initially. Their photos are pretty nice. I took my wedding shots before deciding to get my main gown and evening gown from graceful image as i find their gowns more up-to-date.The previous package costs abt $2800. It includes the main and evening gown, your hubby's suit, hand bouquet, car deco, makeup.

And yes! me will let all of ya know how it turns out. Hopefully turns out fine
happy.gif

Tracy

carol

Hi Justy:
I really hope you find yourself comfotable with Regenia.
Btw, when will you be going down to take a look at the ballroom.I hope you'll like it too.
Do share with us your comments as well.

Good Luck!

Regards:
carol
happy.gif

carol

Hi Tracy:
You can try to ask Eugenia to help out regarding about choosing the long or short aisle.
We've decided on the long aisle,since my wedding gown came with a long train, I think this would make a grand entrance.
Hehehe....
Good Luck anyway.

Regards:
carol
happy.gif

S

sp

Hi Tracy

I find the long aisle is so romantic. Anyway, nothing much happens on the stage, so stage is not so important but ironically, I would like to do up the stage area just for the overall ambience.

regards
SP

carol

Hi Sp:
I totally agree with what you've said. A long aisle is so romantic.
A long aisle, with a long train, a handsome couple. Woh, what a great sight...
hahaha....

What I've been looking for.

Any Luck in your progress of decorations, did you have any ideas yet.
Aiya, for me nothing loh, I've been busy selecting my gown for the photoshoot next month.

Regards:
carol

tracy

Thanks gals for your help! I think i'll select the long aisle then cos i have a long train too! Eugenia also suggested taking the long aisle. Thanks for the useful advice again!

Grateful
Tracy

S

sp

Hi Carol

Not much progress yet, quite busy with work lately. Will make appt. with Eugenia to see see her photos, maybe can get some inspiration, hehehe.

Hi Tracy
YES ! The long will be so beautiful, never mind that some tables will be blocked. Your guests will appreciate more when you go personally to their tables during photo taking time / sabo time.
All the best & do keep us posted, OK ?

Thanks
SP

carol

Hi SP:
Never mind, you still have lots of time to plan...

I'm quite busy too, my photoshoot is next month loh, very excited!!!!
happy.gif

Eugenia had sent me some of her wedding photos through Email.
Woh, she really look very beautiful.
She also given some tips on what to bring during my photoshoot.

Regards:
carol

stars

Hi all
I have finally signed the confirmation on Saturday. Finally one thing settle. Now I am looking for bridal studio. Do you all have any idea.
Hi Carol,
Your photo shoot is next month, have you chosen your outdoor gown? Is your actual MTM?
Hi SP
Thank you for your advise about the food. By the way, have you gone down to see her photos. Has Eugenia brought her photos to the hotel? She told me about it also.
Hi Tracy
Congrats, you feeling excited now?

Luv
Stars

spec

Hi Stars,

U might want to try Milan. I like their gown and the photo shoot is good too. Look for Michelle/Sally, they provide good service.

I have booked with them and so do my friend and her friends who like their gown very much.

carol

Hi Stars:
Congrats: Glad to know another HIPV bride.
So now you can concentrate on your bridal gown.

Stars, I've choosen both my gown for the studio & outdoor shooting.
No it's not my actual MTM cos' I really afraid that I might dirty or torn it when I'm at the beach.

Have you start doing research on any bridal shop?
Btw, I've signed up with Easac Bridal Studio, I'm very happy with them.

Good Luck!

Regards:
carol
happy.gif

S

sp

Dear Carol & Stars

I have not seen Eugenia's photos yet but I'll meet up with her later next month to take a look. I'm a little busy right now, so have to put my wedding stuff a side first.
can't wait to look at her pictures. Hehehehehe

regards
SP

tracy

Hi all,

SP, i'll keep you posted on how my wedding go next month. Keep me posted on yours too ok?

Hi stars,

I'm feeling nervous as the days passed. Kinda excited too. I'm gonna start on my diet soon
sad.gif
. I put on some weight these few months, gotta shed them off else i will never fit into my gowns. Hopefully i can still do it on time else i will look like a humpty dumpty on my wedding day!!!

Tracy

queenie

Hi all....

I've just sign up with HIPV.....heard so much good comments abt the hotel and their service. The HIPV promotional pkg is really very attractive
and furthermore we like the ballroom decor....

Hi Tracy
keep me posted on your wedding....when is yr wedding???

Cheers

bobo

Halo Queenie...

Congrats!!!

May I know how much u pay for per table??? Yours weekday or weekend???

Me still sourcing for banquet due to tight budget and my wedding is on June next year!!!

Hope to hear from u soon....

carol

Hi queenie:
Welcome to the family of HIPV brides.

When's your wedding?
All of us here love the ballroom too.

Regards:
carol
happy.gif

queenie

Hi Bobo & Carol,

Thank u....
happy.gif
happy.gif

My wedding is going to be nxt year Nov 02. It will be on the Friday. How abt yours???

Hi Bobo
To them Friday consider Weekday so we only pay $599 nett per table...very good deal....orchard road leh!!! where to get??? Anyhow how tight is yr budget like?? are u going to hold on weekday or weekend??? I dun no whether the promotional pkg still on....maybe u would like to give them a ring and check. Cause my wedding consultant, Jasmine, has mentioned that this promo pkg ends Oct 2001. so give them a ring.....Hope tis infor will help u....
happy.gif
happy.gif

carol

Hi Queenie:
My wedding will be in July 02. Sunday
Same package as yours.
Did you ask for any freebies?

I'm feeling very excited about my wedding.
My photoshoot will be in a week time.
Aiyo, so excited leh....

How about yourself, have you signed up any bridal package?

Regards:
carol
happy.gif

jan

Hi Queenie

I'm also a HIPV bride. Dinner in May'02. U wrote that Jasmine fm HIPV told u that promotion package ends on OCT'01??? I also got my package fm her, promotion price shld end in Sept. Otherwise, she wouldn't have urged me to sign up quickly as I was still hesitating over another hotel in orchard.If not, not fair leh.....??

queenie

Hi Carol

Me...dun ask much for any freebies cause the price already so good...but did ask to change the decor/colour for the flower....2 pure lah...old pple will not know how to appreciate it...
anyway how abt u??did u ask for any freebies

sure me 2...very xcited abt the whole thing from choosing of bridal pkg to wedding banquet....lots of work man!!! Hey keep me update on your photo shooting ya....which outdoor locations do u have in mind????

BTW, which bridal pakage u have signed up? For me i'hv signed up with Everbliss at Marina Square. Heard alot of good comments abt them..furthermore the price quite reasonable....

Hear from u soon....
happy.gif

Adios

carol

Hi queenie:
Me, I didn't ask for any freebies too, cos the package is very comprehensive & resonable. Too "paisei" to ask for anything else.
By the way, Eugenia is my wedding consulatant, that's so many good comments about her.

To make my banquet more personlised, I'll do a bit of decor for the reception area & the stage.

I've signed up with Easac Bridal Studio @ IMM, I do heard od many postive comments about them too.
Mine was a good pkg, includes everything too.

Yah, going for fitting of gown this fri, quite excited too, my photoshoot will in on next wed. "Lagi" excited....
I've to do some shopping for the essential things.
Sure I'll keep you update of my photogarphy.
You know, I really have many location in mind, but at last shortlisted two: Marina South & East Coast.
I know it's gotto be very hot, but I'll bring along my mini fan...
hehehe...
happy.gif

I've heard of Everbliss, they are quite good too.
Glad that you are happy with them.

Queenie, at which are you in for your wedding preparation so far?

Regards:
carol

queenie

Hi Carol....

Wow very xcited for you....so remember to sleep early the night b4 your Photography...hopefully the weather would be just nice for you on that day...are u doing your indoor photography on the same day or what??? BTW, your WG & EG MTM??

For me....i will only be going dwn to Everbliss nxt year Jan 02 to choose my ROM dress and to try some of their gowns b4 designing my own...both my EG & WG MTM...i alreadie very xcited...trying to loose as much weight as possible....

Til then....take care and stay happy...

carol

Hi queenie:
I definite need to sleep early on the night B4, I've been sleep late these few days....
Anyway, I'll go on leave on the day B4 to go for manicure & rest.
happy.gif

Yah, both my WG & EG are MTM, but I can say I like most of their gowns there & I can fit in most of them too, so I may not need to MTM in the end.

Queenie, you may want to check out the topic: (cooking recipes as promised). I've posted quite a number of healthy soup & healthy fruit juice that are essential for health & those who want to slim down.

Regards:
carol
happy.gif

tracy

Hi again everyone,

Does anyone have any idea how to decorate the boxes used to collect the red packets? I'm having a problem with that now
sad.gif
and my wedding day is coming!!! Really need help here!! Any suggestions?

Tracy

S

sp

Dear Tracy

Why not take a look at Eugenia's ang pow box ? Ask her how it is made. I'm sure she'll be more than glad to help you. I have already asked her to teach me what to do when my wedding is nearer the date. best of luck !

regards
SP

queenie

Hi Jan,

Sorie kind of miss yr earlier msg....actually Jasmine did mention that the promotion ends 30 Sept 01. I think we are just lucky as i was abt to sign up with Novotell Apollo where i happened to know that HIPV having this kind of promotion. So maybe this promotion pkg was extended to those couples who called up after the wedding show.
So dun get so "angry" leh....
happy.gif

stars

Hi Queenie
Stars here. So your wedding day is Nov 02 Fri ? What day is that? Mine in also Nov on Sun. I am still looking for bridal shop, you are so fast already booked? How much did you actually pay for the whole package?

Hi Tracy
How's your red packet box going? Hope you have already got it ready.

Hi Carol

All the best for your photo shoot.

Hope to hear from you all soon

jan

Hi Queenie

I'm not angry......but jus hope I didn't get lose out in any way that's all. All brides to be r always looking out for gd deals mah.......

Hi Tracy
If u managed to get yr ang pow box done, can u share with me how to do one?
Thanks so much!

carol

Hi Tracy:
I hope I'm not too late in regarding about your "Ang Pow" Box.
You can try to wrap up the box by using nice wrapping paper(available from gift shops) or fabric instead.

Decorate the top with ornaments like: Flowers; ribbons; bears; or even your fav. toys.

Hope this help!

Regards:
carol

carol

Hi stars & all:

Thanks for your good wishes. I'll keep you gals updated of the outcome of my photoshoot.
I'l relax & enjoy my myself...

regards:
carol
happy.gif

queenie

Hi Stars,

Mine will be on 22/11/02. How abt yrs??? For me i paid $2988 nett for the bridal pkg. It's advisable to source around 1st b4 confirming. anyhow mine was recommeded by my frd. so okie lah
happy.gif
heard alot of good comments abt them 2...furthermre the price quite reasonable 2.....

Happy scouting!!!!

Hi Jan,

Agreed with u totally... like me also try not to scout around ist b4 confirming anything..... so which stage are u in for your wedding preparation??

Adios

stars

Hi Queenie
Mine is 17 Nov 02. My friend has also booked from Everbliss and her wedding was last year. Also heard quite good comments about the bridal studio. When did you actually sign up? It seems quite a good price.

Actaully I wonder how come most of you all didn't go for Jazreel Low? Me quite confuse as to how do you go about choosing one? You all have any tips?
Thank you

Regards
Stars

S

sp

Dear Tracy

Sorry, very busy at work, lah ! You can always give Eugenia a call and see what can be done about the ang pow box. No harm done, right ? just a phone call. I think Carol's idea is very good also, leh. Wrap the box with fabric ! and top it with your favourite toy / flowers ! That's a brilliant idea ! Thanks Carol, you just gave me more ideas again.
How's you photo shoot ? Tiring ?
Do feed back on outcome...

Hi Jan !
Yeah ! don't get angry or upset, I think we all got a good deal & most brides to be also wish to be on the same boat as us to have the best deal ! So , the more the merrier, right ? Let's welcome more HIPV brides - Hurray !!!!!!!!

regards
SP