Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

xmasnowy

hi apr piggy..

my AD on 10 Oct
happy.gif

holiday_ger

hi, anyone successfully bargained the perks for crystal ballroom with 20 - 25 tables? i estimated abt 20 - 24 tables. will they let us use the crystal ballroom and enjoy the perks?

straylamb

Ger... u can try to bargain, esp if ur date is not a hot date... mine is on a tue so i managed to bargain for less than 25 in the crystal ballroom...
i thk from hotel point of view, it's better to b flexible than leave e ballroom totally empty on a less popular day...
juz mi tots :p

apr_piggy

Hi Ger,

I agreed with straylamb...shd try to bargain..cos myself had intend to take orchid room, and the hotel told me tat shd the ballroom is empty on tat day..they would give me a free upgrade to ballroom..so i guessed since urs is 20-24 tables..shdnt be a prob to bargain..

holiday_ger

Thks Straylamb & Apr Piggy. but i chose my AD on Sat. Think chance is low. and i waiting for wedding show. dun knw by then my date still available or not
sad.gif

jessieq

Hi Ger,

Saw your post at " AD on Xmas Day". So you planning your AD this year. If yes, chances really low. Cos from what i hear, most hotel, including HIPV are fully booked for weekends from Oct onwards. I booked mine on Xmas day in Feb 08 and that is the last 2 dates available for PH, weekends are fully booked for crystal ballroom.

Would suggest you book now if they have dates available for you rather than wait till the wedding show. Cos HIPV is giving me very attractive perks, even without wedding show.

holiday_ger

Hi XavJess,

i give up HIPV ler... coz i hv < 25 tables and the coordinator refuse to reduce. so bor bian lor.. look for another hotel
sad.gif

initially was eyeing nxt yr christmas but worried that ppl dun attend and my catholic sister grumble, so hv to give up tat day too..

cried for 2 days :'(

xiao_lambie

Hi Ladies,

Anyone seen the ivory guestbook provided by HIPV?

If so, can upload a photo of it?

cos' i'm worried that it is too small a size and will not look nice.
May consider to buy one if the one that they provide is small.

Ladies, any comments.

queenie10

xiao lambie,
i dun have a photo,tonight i'm getting back my photos from my PG...if got...i'll email u. Its more like a scroll book,rectangular shape instead of squarish type.But its got 2 sided...unless u've more table,u might consider of getting additional one.I love their guestbook,they do also have the red traditional one,maybe u can ask ur coordinator to give u both.

elisawang

Hi. Wanted to ask, any of u is doing away with the food tasting? Took the option of hving the free table so still undecided if we want to go for the 5 dish food tasting at our own cost. Also, any dishes to recommend so far? TIA.
happy.gif

sooch

I am, coz I'm not sure how the food tasting will help. Even if it's good that day, if they are preparing for 30+ tables, the standard i'm not sure if can be maintained. the ladies here can recommend i guess
happy.gif
search the earlier posts, I've seen some reviews.

queenie10

Hi Elisa &amp; lynn,
i also give up my food tasting for FOC table, i agree with lynn. Even if u have food tasting,it might not taste gd on the actual day.For my actual day,i got mostly good reviews for the food,especially the pipa duck,ee-fu noodle &amp; red bean soup.

My parents kinda missed out afew dishes when they got to entertain guests &amp; go around with us for photo takings. Remember to ask the waiteress to save up ur parent's portion so they can enjoy together with u all aft the whole banquet. My parents try some of it aft the banquet back in our bridal suite which they save it for us &amp; re-heat it b4 delivering it to our room.

Will be having the same banquet dishes this sat at their private room cos i feel bad that my parents didn't get to enjoy it...same goes to us.

SO gals,dun worried too much about the food...it'll definetely turn out good. One important thing is that most of my guests compliments that HIPV provide gd service throughout the whole banquet.

My hubby even compliment that the banquet Manager (Murali) is very gd in coordinating the whole banquet with the rest of the staffs, FYI, he is the chef who did the 1st food presentation dance.....everyone love it.

queenie10

Hi xiao lambie &amp; janice,
my PG did not take any photos of the whole guestbook,he only took guest signing on it &amp; the wishes on it. My guest book is only filled up on the whole front page &amp; my back page is totally blank....so i think the guest book have enough space for ur guests to write.

Btw i've uploaded the banquet photos in my website,u can go to www.queenie10.multiply.com/photos to have a look.

queenie10

hi xmasnowy,
the projector screen is big....i got the photos of the projector upload on my multiply. its better u opt for a additional screen if u've tables behind the pillar

elisawang

Hi Queenie, thx. Gd to hear that the food was well taken. Hopefully my will turn out ok too.
happy.gif

Hi Lynn, yup, saw some recommendations earlier. But worried that with time, sometimes quality change. :p

sooch

hmm, i guess it can happen, if you are really worried, then take the food tasting. I chose this hotel coz i attended my fren's wedding n the food wasn't too bad.

queenie10

hi xmassnowy,
yah i took another projector,that time i also worried i can't hit min 25 tables cos my hubby &amp; daddy got no relatives in SG.I calculate i can only hit abt 21-23tables only,so i relate my problem to Vasnathi.She ask me not to worried 1st &amp; wait till nearer date,if really cannot hit....we'll den discuss again wat she can do for us.

xmasnowy

hi queenie..

u think it's worth it to have another projector? u got it frm HIPV? or we got to source frm outside? the one tat HIPV provide on the AD is it placed at the stage area or by a corner?

queenie10

hi xmasnowy,
the projector i loan it from office....yah its better that u should get a projector for the tables behind the pillar so that ur guests also can to enjoy the video/ photo montage. The one that HIPV loan is at the left hand corner infront of the stage/screen.

jsim15

Hi xmasnowy, u r most welcome...tatz wat i tink so..tink i'm gona rent from my PG if i wana get another projector..cheaper

jsim15

Hiya xmasnowy, tink d pillars will still be there..heard they juz gona upgrade d sound system,maybe d carpets n d bridal suite..d coordinators oso duno d details
happy.gif

ocean_blue

Hi all,

Is anyone using the Orchid Room? I will be using it for my wedding in Aug this year. So, just wondering if there's any feedback on this :eek:)

elisawang

hi ocean, i am oso using orchid room in aug this yr.
happy.gif

yes, as what ocean asked, any feedback, especially the march in and sitting arrangements?

vianice

Hi Queenie,

Great to hear the good comments on HIPV.

I will go down for a site visit today. Could you share your wedding package with me? Is your ballroom in Orchid/Cystal? My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks!

elisawang

Hi Ocean, mine is on 31st. Have you selected your theme? My co-ordinator mentioned that the crystal theme is popular and the red carpet is not recommended. But I haven't replied to her yet on my choice. By the way, they mentioned about the chef dance for the ballroom, you think ours will have it too?

vianice

Hi there will be a wedding on this Friday and Saturday in their cystal ballroom. Feel free to drop by!

I visited their Orchid Room and Cystal Ballroom. The Crystal Ballroom had around 2-3 Chandelier Lights, very nice! Too bad it require at least minimum 25 tables. I am considering the Orchid Room, a smaller room for 20 tables. The downside are it has few pillars at the corner of the room and the march in will be L-shaped as the space is small. Still thinking whether to sign up or not.