HO BEE RENOVATION WORKS

kriskris

understand tat Ho Bee is a contractor not a ID..does tat means we have to tell him exactly what we wanted to do and also those color coordinations and materials used??

kuwie

Dear seniors! Currently i just bought an EA at tampines and looking forward in using Ho Bee for my house renovation. Thinking of getting the whole house done, whole house tilings(bed room with parquet), basic carpentry like wardrobes and kitchen cabinets and 2 toilets of cos, and maybe window grills if budget permits
happy.gif
. Can seniors here have any similar quotes by Ho Bee for EA to share so i would know the rough/estimated cost to get my house done.

Can advise if were to add in some feature walls, will that be expensive?? Had seen the 'bamboo' style, very impressive!!! Wonder how much was that if were to do similar.

Can email the quote to [email protected]?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks a million.

syteoh

Hi All,

Just to share my bad experience:
Never never engage Kent's service from prestige image. he is really a good lier..he can't finish even minor renovation (kithcen cabinet,bathroom accessories, painting and wiring only- no flooring work) in one month time but keep give his words. wasted me about one month leave and still have to take somemore leave after moving in... He never site visit, till i Keep pushing him to check on the site. not reponsible guy. I spend about 11k on this but when the thing got delay,he keep saying "because of the cheap quatation,need to give and take..otherwise he can't help"..wat the #$%^& . very disappointmed with the service..so guy..watch up of this.

b_n_l

hello, am new to this thread. I hope seniors r still visiting this thread to help newbies!
Can i ask:
1) is Ho Bee an ID or just contractor?
2) Patrick gets mentioned a lot here. Is he like the main guy at Ho Bee??
3) Can similar flat owners share your quotation obtained from them? Our is a resale 5rm flat, 126m2, vinyl flooring (no tiles), almost bare coz owner did not stay there. Just starting to do research.
Thank u!

skywolf

Calling for Lookin4change! Are you still here? =)

I just signed the OTP for a resale unit last Sat... Will be joining you in the reno treads! Haha! =) Had you confirmed with Hoe Bee? Can let me have a look @ your quotation? =) My email's add is [email protected]. Thanks!

lookin4change

Hi skywolf! Congratulations!!
Just saw ur PM. U've got mail
happy.gif

Did you have to pay any COV ... how much??
kepo kepo lor me.

You guys who are keen on Ho Bee. .. go and visit www.renotalk.com There is a whole thread on Ho Bee with so much info...that it will take you months to finish reading it all.

For my aug 07 buddies, did a prayer today am moving on 8th Dec. Engaged Jimmy from Housemovers.
Super busy liao... will catch up with you once I am connected to the net again.. Chao

ukonudula

hi Seniors,
I also a bought a resale flat recently and Iam planning to renovate my house too. I see a Ho Bee is the choice of many people. Can anyone please share a quote from Ho Bee.

Mine is an EA at Jurong East.

Please mail a quote from Ho Bee to [email protected].

skywolf

Hi Usha,

I believed it's better to compare quotes from different contractors/IDs for your own unit... It's better in the sense that you can see the various charges quoted for similiar items, rather than comparing with other units as other couples have different ideas/etc. That's what i'm doing now.
happy.gif

melworld

Hi hi,

Would anyone be so kind as to share your quote by Ho bee for reference? Was wondering since their business is good these day, would they be willing a take on a basic reno job abt 10k ~ 15k (which includes Kitchen, 2 toilets, minor touch up of living room, painting whole house etc)

Is it also possible to get reno loan from Bank if engaged Ho Bee?

Thanks
melworld

mscupid11

Hi,

can anyone share your quotations from Ho Bee with me? Mine is a standard 4-room flat.

Also, anyone able to provide Patrick's email address so i can check the details with him personally? Thks.

My email add is [email protected]

sullivan

Strategic Design at Ubi - DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS RENOVATION COMPANY
ID is a liar! Everything is possible and smooth sailing before signing the contract/invoice. Their service and attitude change after the signature. Just to name a few how bad their service was: Poor workmanship, Lousy service,Bad Painting & Poor Materials/Parts

Str*tegic D*sign at Ubi advertised their service on 18 jul and 23 may 2008. promising well train supervisor, handover on time, good materials, etc. these are all b*llsh*t, all lies...they took 3-4 months to handover to us. and furthermore, we need to push n push for it then they handover. otherwise, all the reno work will be stagnant. the supervisor M*lvin T*n is worst! never even bother to come and look at the progress till we complain to him. painting was not done and wanted to handover to us. pen ink can still be seen all around the place. good material is also another lie. my tiles colour is starting to fade within 4 months..and they charge extremely high, no lowest price at all. do not be cheated by all their gimmicks!!!
And why they have a brand new showroom because they close down another branch which they can?t afford to maintain. In fact their business is not good therefore, they will charge very high. They used to have financial issues which can checked out with their boss Jos*ph

sullivan

Hi there, so coincidentally that i just met a couple recently and they used Str*tegic D*sign at Ubi as well. and they share the same sentiments as us. and heard from them they like to use the trick of filing a complaint and made you pay extra that we as the consumers do not know till we suddenly received a letter. at the same time they can save up the effort of after sales service therefore the warranty of 1 year is a lie since they already on bad terms, consumers will definately won't approach them anymore, right!!!

movenpick

hi all,

we are new to Ho Bee just wish to know how is their workmanship generally? where are they located exactly? AMK or kranji?

takanna

Rolf Sullivan, I chanced upon ur comments, exactly the same in a couple of threads, if possible, can provide me with the details of how Strategic Design is unreliable. thanks alot for ur help!

biz

Ho Bee's business is so good now that he doesn't even have time to reply to my Request for Quotation. Called them yesterday after more than 1 week without response to my email, caller answered waiting on table for Patrick to quote. Called today - same story. How long did he take to reply to email normally? Maybe my job is too small?

sirwin

hihi, I am an ex-customer of Patrick ho bee, 1st hse was done up by them, I have asked for quote from Patrick for my nxt hse, quote seemed to still competitive, any update from the crowd? seemed thread is inactive for the past 3 mths...

kuwie

I have been with Patrick of Ho Bee for renovating my parent's house and my house. i should say his workers are reliable Would listen to your needs. Patrick is a responsible person though may seems quiet at times, but he will start to joke once you all get to know each other more.

I think service is very important, so far, whenever i encounter any problem, he will still follow up or give advice. He is very experience. Its a long time biz with him, so rest assured that he will still be around and available after your reno.

Thumbs up for him.

Maybe you guys could tell him upon giving him a ring that its "Tang" whom stay near his place referral.

worldangel

I also had my house done up by him...many have visited my house and have praises for it, in fact there is even a reporter who wanted to do a feature of my house...Patrick is very trustworthy and his workers are really fast - my house was completed on time without much issue or 'drama'. If you would like to take a look at his workmanship, you can PM me ;)

rachelcheng

Patrick is good, no doubt, but now it is his wife that call the shots, answer the phone and I can't get him at all. It is very stressful dealing with his wife regarding the 5 years warranty issues, trust me. waste of my time and money. Long story tho, but I will never engage them again.