Hilton Hotel

aprik

hi baby jo,

Thanks for your sharing...

Wish u and hubby a blissful marriage..
happy.gif

piggypig

i saw paranoma yest night, lilac theme very sweet ma...stage no orh orh le! They have lilac drapes above the white one ...

minny

hi,

is there anyone know wat is the max no. of table can the biggest ballroom hold in hilton???

Thanks in advance =)

bedazzle

Hi baby jo

Do you have any photos of the panorama room? I might be having 20-25 tables.

You mentioned about having the whole floor and the pool side reception. Sounds interesting. Issit possible to have my ROM at the poolside b4 adjourning to the ballroom for the wedding dinner?

Please email me at [email protected] if it's convenient. Thank you.

baby_jo

hi dodo,

kindly refer to links attached.

Hilton PANORAMA room - Cocktail Reception Area: http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/7445/hiltonpanoramaroomcocktpi8.jpg

Hilton PANORAMA room - Cocktail Reception Area: http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6740/hiltonpanoramaroomcocktsp3.jpg

Hilton PANORAMA room - Match-in: http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9151/hiltonpanoramaroommatchjr9.jpg

Hilton PANORAMA room - Registration Area: http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7559/hiltonpanoramaroomtakendi4.jpg

i am not too sure whether u can hold your ROM ceremony by the poolside or not. U better check with June Wee. Sorry!

lesez

I am so stressed with this wedding banquet venue. I am trying to plan and arrange my wedding banquet from overseas as I worked overseas. I made use of CNY hols when I was in SG to visit a few hotels including Hilton.

Have shortlisted Hilton as one of the choice, however somehow there is a feeling of unease. Kind of feel that I have not done sufficient research.

I would be more than glad if anyone can share with the the best perks obtainable from Hilton and more pictures of wedding at Hilton to assist me in making a more informed decision. Kindly email me at [email protected]

Thank you so much in helping me out, feel so insecure planning all these from overseas.

lesez

Hi papabe,

I am very satisfied with My Bridal Room located at Tan Quee Lan str, along Bugis. You may wish to check it out. The lady handling my case was Julie.

elinwokk

hi lesez, when my fren got her deal signed and negotiated she got free projector, free 12 bottles of red wine and a small barrel of beer. they also got VIP suite for 2 nights instead of one as well as a helper's room from 2-7pm. hope this helps you
happy.gif

elinwokk

oh and they had 2 choices of favors alternating on each table also .. quite a nice touch by hilton to accomodate that request i must admit

lesez

Elin> Wow, I muz say that is indeed power negotiation work. But cld it be because ur fren is throwing a likewise of 50tables banquet.... how many tables ur fren is holding at hilton?

blissfulkit

hi all BTBs,

i spoke to june about a week ago and i must really complement her for her patience and professionalism. she was very friendly and gave very good service..unlike co-ordinators from other 5* hotels whom i have met.. will be seeing her in less than a week to discuss the package again.. excited.. definitely recommend her to all BTBs who are thinking of hilton

elisasutiono

Dear all,

Finally decided on Hilton. Thanks for your inputs which really helps me a lot while sourcing for banquets and boost my confidence on Hilton. June is indeed a very nice and patient lady and the Grand Ballroom is a WOW. Haha. Fell in love immediately after viewing it. Look forward to share more with you gals in the future.

blissfulkit

Hi sasa,

I was wondering if the three pillars in the middle of the grand ballroom bothered you? some friends of mine also commented that hilton is very old. i am really quite keen in hilton too but am having second thoughts now because of all these comments. what was the clincher for you in finally deciding on hilton?

elisasutiono

Hello blissfulkit,

I've the same feeling as you at first, so decided to go down and take a look.

The reception and lifts are not tt new, wasnt impress at all. Then June brought us to 24th floor to view Panaroma. Erm, it gives a clean and comfortable feeling. But still, FH doesnt really like it coz he feels that its too simple. Then we requested to view the Grand Ballroom. The reception area is very outdated(i hope they'll renovate it soon), but the suite really impresses us. It has a very modern contemporary look. Instead of all the wooden colors, it's all in white and the lightings are beautiful.

Just to share with you, we went down to view M hotel after it and they offered us a very comprehensive package. BUT, we gave that up just to have our wedding at Hilton's Grand Ballroom. Hahaha....Coz FH said "i know you'll regret it if we dun have it there"

elisasutiono

OOps, forgot to mention about the 3 pillar. Erm, actually it doesnt really bother me. Coz i only have 30 tables max. I think they should be able to arrange the tables so that none of them would be block.

blissfulkit

hi sasa,

yeah, i agree with you that the reception area is kindda old.. my FH also commented on that and said the marble tiles they use are very "old school"..

glad that you have confirmed the booking..am seriously considering them too.. partly because june seems like a nice and accomodating lady who is easy to work with.. service is the most important to us.. i once went to rackee pan pacific and the co-ordinator there acted so "atas" and as if i "owe her". her service was really bad and she didnt seem keen to address my concerns.

which theme do you intend to take from hilton? i have kindda seen an actual wedding in hilton using the liliac theme.. it pretty nice.

elisasutiono

hi val, my pleasure
happy.gif

hi blissfulkit, yah loh, the tiles feels very "versace". hahahha. June is very nice le, very patient and pro. But, Hilton bit stingy with perks.
I should be taking the Angel theme. Didnt see the actual settings, but saw on photos, the angel seems nice le.

blissfulkit

Hi sasa,

i agree with you that hilton is a bit stingy with perks, especially with wine and corkage. are they giving u any complimentary bottles? do u intend to buy the wines from them or will u be purchasing from outside? and no free LCD too..
sad.gif

if u dun mind, can u share with me the package hilton quote u? my email address is [email protected]

i also heard from friends that parking at hilton can be a problem esp if your wedding is on a weekend. if your AD is on a weekend, do work it out carefully with june on this
happy.gif

elisasutiono

hello blissfulkit,
Mine is the standard weekend package, with 3 additional things:
- waiver of corkages (1 bottle for every 2 tables).
- projector at $200 Nett with trade in of anniversary dinner
- food tasting for 10 instead of 6.

Wine haven source yet, probbaly getting 15 bottles from outside, the rest take house pour loh. Parking wise June said will be giving us URA carpark coupons, but, i think that wouldnt solve the problem as well. Coz URA is a public carpark, everytime we drive there its full. Sigh. I think have to get those who drive to come in early bah.

elmo80

Hi Hiton BTB

care to share with me your package with Hilton?

I'm planning to meet up with June to discuss on the wedding package.

theaprilwedding

Hi everyone!

I'm a new Hilton BTB. Mine's at the Panorama Room and I'm going with the cherubs and cream roses theme. Confirmed with June a few weeks back and now fine-tuning our menu.

Just a question, has anyone played their own music on their sound system? Were they orig CDs or burnt CDs? What format did you use? Encounter any problems?

Cheers!

baby_jo

Hi Rany,

You just need to provide Hilton with 3 songs.
1 - 1st match-in
2 - 1st dish presentation
3 - 2nd match-in

Hilton will arrange a trial session (abt hf hr) for you before your AD to try out the sound system and your montage.

They do not accept MP3. Therefore, you need to burn your MP3 songs into CD format.

Hope this info helps.

rene_ling

hello! i'm also a Hilton BTB
wow seems like most of the pple here are very satisfied with June's service. Yes, i also agree she's a very nice lady
happy.gif

Rany : when is your big day? how many mths in advance do we need to confirm our menu?
Cherubs & cream rose theme? is that new? cos i only know the lilac, angels & rose.

piggypig

hihi, i'm also Hilton BTB.

YP HL: rany chose the angel theme. btw when is yr AD. is yr food tasting over? are we only allow to have food tasting only on mon-thurs at 6pm??

Rany: when is yr AD.

rene_ling

piggypig, congrats ya :D
my AD is Oct this yr lei.. how about yours? i have no idea about the food tasting thingy. probably too early still, haven receive any call from Hilton.

piggypig

YP HL: Congrates! Mine Nov. Finally got someone to discuss liao. This thread is not active at all!!!

which theme u selecting
cards
food tasting should be 1 or 2 mths before AD

Hilton also never call me to discuss anything le.

rene_ling

heee ya ya, abit inactive liao
i have not decide which theme to choose for the card as well as for the room. hahaha! thought still abit early to do that :p

baby_jo

once u pay a deposit to hilton, they will mail (post) you a letter. inside this letter, there will be schedule as in which mth you shld do what. so based on this, u have to call and arrange for appointment.

rene_ling

eh, i also din have the schedule lei.
but June did mentioned to me that they will call me when the date draws nearer for food tasting & card selection