Hilton Hotel

binary

to those btbs that have PM me..
i'm still waiting for admin to approve.. sorry abt that do let me know once u are accepted by admin
thanks..

candyzst

Just went to attend my friend's wedding dinner yesterday, sorry to say but e food really not good. Cold, food over cooked. Actually wanna to sign e with e hotel but my friends who went for e dinner all commented e food was really bad. And asked me not to sign, all e food left alot. But personally I think e bird nest w winter melon, herbal chix and my friend changed e prawn to drunken prawn this 3 were nice. However the first cold dish was bad n e spare ribs with yellow cream was e worst. All over cooked n sticked together, I think everyone of us only had one piece n all of us all find that e taste was very weird... Not only our table, e other table commented e same thing.
Just a feedback for all e bride, maybe you all can skip that...

hucklebeary

hehe lucky i nv choose the spare rib with yellow sauce. but i took the wasabi prawn instead of the drunken prawn. what about the cod fish? any comment?

florahunny

Hi all,
Anyone has held / holding your wedding in Vista room? I have made a deposit but when i went down to take a look last week, realised the projector/LCD screen is in the middle of the stage. Looks wierd when one is taking photos?!

aobbneyg

hi Rebecca,

i booked the Vista room too..o_O

i didnt knoe that the projector is in the middle of the stage..-_-"

she told me that one projector in the front, one will be at the other end of the ballroom..

true enough, the projector in the middle of the stage looks weird!

when did u signed up for the package? during the wedding show? when's ur AD?

florahunny

Hi Abbey,

My AD is on 25 Nov 2012. Dinner.

Yes one projector each at each end of the room.
And on one end of the room, there will be the stage and the projector. this wasnt shown during the wedding show =(

now thinking of how to deal with it....

fallinone

Hi BTB,

1 more mth to my big day (freaking out), hope everyone out there is doing well and planning process has been smooth thus far.

My communication with June increased as the date is nearing (20 Nov), so many requests (I confess I am a fussy bride) coming from me but she has been really helpful, spontaneous and kind attending to all my needs all this while.

Hope those working with June will have a pleasant experience as much as me!

I saw the comment from candyst on the spare ribs, i kinda agree it taste OK.. hence i replaced it with another ribs during my food tasting.
happy.gif

Hang'in there BTB! Relax and look pretty.
happy.gif

jas_goldfish

hey Rebecca, how many tables u planning to have? We hv about 25 tables tentatively and not sure if we shld take up grand ballroom or vista.

florahunny

Hi jasmine,

I have about 22 -25 tables. I think Grandballroom needs 30 or 35 tables for weekends.

Well, of course grandballroom is nicer =) but i dont have enough tables.

jas_goldfish

The master gave us 25th November 2012 as our first choice date. So if we decided to take Grand Ballroom, then we will be sharing the reception area!

florahunny

Hi Jasmine, that sounds great. So have you decided on hilton or still checking around.

BTW, any brides has comments on the Vista room? still quite concerned about the stage & the screen on it.... =(

audrey21

Hi Rebecca,

Vista room is best for at most 20tables, with one table on each row! I have the same situation with you..and 22tables onwards they put 3tables in one row making the back very messy and cluttered! You should ask for the floor plan from Hilton
happy.gif

Anyway, I'm starting to get disappointed with Hilton.

It's depressing!
sad.gif

audrey21

Oh, and anyway, did anyone sign at the recent roadshow where they have cash rebates?

Can share with me what cash rebates did they give? Thanks
happy.gif

binary

ladies: those AD in 2012, we do have 2012 FB discussion page, if you would like to join do drop me PM on ur FB email address, ur wedding date and i will request admin to add you in

fallinone: how ur preparation? ur AD is getting nearer and nearer..
happy.gif

think June is very helpful and experience coordinator..
you are in good hand under her..
happy.gif

binary

Jasmine: have u confirm with Hilton? so are you taking 25 Nov 2012 grand ballroom and sharing the same reception area with Rebecca?

Any 10 Nov 2012 btb sharing the reception area with me?

fallinone

Hi Eve,

2 more weeks!! Technically speaking is less than that.. haha.. Ya my prep is abt 90% done. Waiting for my consignment wine to arrive Hilton, planning the final final guest list and also fine tune my montage. hehe.. so far so good!

Yep June has been really kind to me, even reply my sms as late as 11pm. Sometimes i feel really bad.. i am thankful to work w her all this while. Definitely make my planning process smoother & easier. All the best to all you BTB out there!! Hope after my AD, i will be able to feedback more positive comments here! :p

binary

Tan Hui San (AD Oct2011), mydestinee (AD 29 Oct)
lisa3005 (AD 03 Nov): hi ladies, congrat tat you had completed your wedding.. do you mind giving a short review on your experience with Hitlon?

think the hilton btbs here wan to hear some feedback despite with have secure with Hilton..
happy.gif

binary

Rebecca Ng (florahunny) 25 Nov 2012 Vista ??
Jasmine Ong (jas_goldfish) 25 Nov 2012 Grand ??
DaTouLing (0ling0), Jennifer Chew (jennchew), Lee Family (leefamily), Yiting (sianzting), mysotic (mysotic), Viva gal (vivazza), Rebecca Ng (florahunny)... so ladies, have u confirm ur AD with Hilton?

ginjean

i attended my colleague's wedding in hilton last month. very excited to attend her wedding cause its like a pre food tasting for me. haha! overall the food is pretty ok. very big serving. abit disappointed at the sharksfin. not alot of "liao". the prawns is very fresh, pork ribs nicely done and served with fresh greens, lotus leaf rice very fragrant. COD FISH SUPERB! the dessert of mango pudding is nice but felt that the presentation could be much better. the mango "koi" looked like it was drowned in the mango sauce.

candyzst

Evelyn: sry for the late rely. No, end up I didn't sign up with them. Im a GCW btb. My AD 24 sept. When's urs?
U r a Hilton btb?

kunica8384

Hi, wanna check with you guys if you have ever brought DFS liquor into Hilton before? I've several bottles of DFS Martell and wondering how i can use it for my wedding at Hilton. Can anyone help? Thanks!

gemitan

Hi BTB, I will be holding my wedding in 1st quater 2013, have went down to view Hilton ballroom but found the package they offer in Sept wedding fair much better than what June offer us.
anyone know if Hilton will have a wedding fair in 1st quater of 2012?

baby_g

Dear All,
I also planning to get hilton, thinking to take a look or site inspection. The Catering manager June a bit unfriendly, so I scare she won't offer me good deal.

Any good suggestion or tips for me ?
my email [email protected]

Thanks

baby_g

Ok,, so June is better than Rachel ? But June is not available during this week. Loewe, which room you were chosen last year ? Vista ?

loewe79

BabyG, we took the panorama room that time. I've liaise with both.
Even after 1 yr, when i email June last 2 weeks, she still replied my inquiry promptly.

fallinone

Hi to all BTB,

*BIG relief* finally its over! Just had my AD dinner on Sunday, thank God all went well. Well there are some glitches now and there, i figured its inevitable.. Some guests din turn up, some suddenly turn up, table planning changed as per guests demand.. All in all, Hilton really helped reduce the problem to the minimal possible.

Whats most impt to me right now is being able to receive good comments from my guests. Having to receive sms to say they really enjoy the food, the party and that everything went smooth. Food and wine is good, service & atmosphere is nice. I'm very very happy to noe that they all enjoyed themselves.
happy.gif

Last but definitely not least, i have to compliment June and Eugene. Without their help, it wont be so smooth. Every single requests were attended almost immediately, making the process so enjoyable! Eugene the asst banquet manager, i couldnt thank him enough. He is so experienced and detailed, advising us every single details. Reassurng us everything will be fine and we are in good hands. A very professional team, am very honoured to be able to "work" with them. Thank u Hilton! Thank u for making the whole experience such a pleasant one.

Love,
Happy bride

audrey21

Congratulations happy bride!!!!
happy.gif

Definitely reassuring to us that everything went well
happy.gif

Mind sharing some pictures of the ballroom?

fallinone

Lemme try explore how to post e pics here! Haha..
But now I don't have e pictures from PG yet, just some photocards from liveStudio. Btw liveStudio is really good too those who wanna consider instant photocards can look for them.
happy.gif

bluewingz

Hi, would the last few tables be blocked or cant see the stage from the back ?

The LCD on the stage can be retracted before march in mah?

florahunny

Hi there is one screen at each end of vista rm. so those at the back can see..
Fallinone, can Also email me some photos of u can't upload it here

natakasumo

Hi all! Anyone holding a wedding lunch at Hilton panaroma room? Any idea if they allow bubbles and confetti in the ballrooms?

I wanted bubbles and confetti during my march in. =)

hushiice

Hi all, anyone who has held at Vista Room for about 22 tables? Will it be very packed and congested? My wedding is in next month.

jas_goldfish

hi Rebecca, sorry for the late reply.. i've changed my date as my husband still prefers to hold the wedding on sat. My AD will be on 20 Oct 12. Also, i'm getting Vista instead of Grand.. would really love Grand ballroom but we are afraid we can't meet the min.
Btw, do add me on fb [email protected]

Fallinone: can send me your wedding photos as well? thanks!