Hilton Hotel

audrey21

Hey babes, anyone has pictures of the wedding cards they provide? I went to the yovell website, but they do not show the cards! I wanna see what patterns they have cos I'm thinking of designing my own!

Also, did anyone tried negotiating the favors? Angbao box change to ring pillow or something like tt?

Thanks
happy.gif

mydestinee

Hi all i just went for food tasting n it was all great! There are approx. 6 to 8 designs to choose from, can't recall exact no. of designs. I ve taken 2 photos of the card designs that we are considering. If you want, maybe u can drop me an email so I can send to you because I can't seem to attach here using iPhone.

For ring pillow perhaps you can check with June or Rachel if they can loan to u. Cuz I requested for 2 Ang bao boxes that have to return after the wedding banquet.

fallinone

Just wanna share my experience with Hilton so far (thought my wedding coordinator deserve 2 thumbs up from me).

My AD is on 20 Nov, Sunday and will be holding banquet at Hilton's Vista room. Before I began, please don’t mistake me as some ghost writer! I truly want to share my thoughts and experience with all BTB because I understand how impt it is to share information and enable things go smoothly along the way.

My communication with June Wee so far has been really smooth and she has been extremely helpful with all my nitty gritty demands. Well.. all BTB sure will be fussy with their bigday! Though I am still in the process of planning for my AD, I just wanna compliment her for all the fast response and agreement to my many requests!

Went for my food tasting ytd, the service is really one of the best I've experienced. I know how ppl always say that food tasting is always far from the AD service, but at least my family n in laws were really happy with what they tasted and experience so far.

Not that my expectation is low, but whatever June has done for me, it’s really more than what I have expected thus far.

Really hope the BTB will have a chance to be served by her.
happy.gif

Praying hard that everything will go smoothly from now till my AD. All the best to all BTB!!

Just my 2 cents worth. :D

hucklebeary

Hi Clara Z,

other than the bridal suite which area of the hotel did u take ur pre wedding shoot? i emailed june and she asking me which areas i want to take but i have no idea cos i haben explore there yet. pls advise.

larac

Hi Hucklebeary... U can try the swimming pool... Nice environment...!

Just went for my food tasting and the food was fantastic.. Just did minor amendment for the vegetarian food menu..

ginjean

hello clara, are you taking all vegetarian or only some? if you're only taking some, do you need to pay extra to try out the vegetarian menu?

larac

I only took 3 vegetarian.. Food tasting i have 10+1 and i did not pay any $$ for the extra vegetarian food. Remember to try out the wine too.

bluewingz

Hi , I am taking Vista Ballroom for my wedding dinner on a Sat next year.

May I as if it would be possible to set up either some photo booth or candy bar corner ??

bluewingz

hi fallinone. is it possible that you share wif me ur contacts?

Hoping u can share with me ur experience with the Vista Ballroom on ur Big Day !!!

Thks! U can send me a private msg here!

fallinone

Hi momo san,

That's cool! I will defnitely write a review after my big day! :D

Hi Bluewingz, sure I can add u in my FB! ;)

Hope you guys will have a smooth preparation process!

binary

Hi fallinone,
ur date is a hot date, any additional charge for that day? is all hilton wedding banquet venues full too?

i also PM u my contact.. think long time din login here le..

Other hilton btbs:
how everyone preparation? me just settle my AD MUA & AD Gown.. so AD banquet and TW PS settle too..
left with animation montage, AD PG (not getting VG), wedding car (too early to secure now).. plan to get my KUA, traditional wear from TaoBao.com, including embroidered shoes etc.. quite a good lobang.. cos House of Etiquette quote me at least $250 for rental only.. haha..

fallinone

Hi Evelyn,

Is ur email 2501? I will reply shortly!

No additional charges but I need to choose weekend menu B1/B2.
happy.gif
Thank God I secure since last year, from what I know, there is no more ballroom available for 20 Nov oredi.. cuz I wanna change to Grand Ballroom but its too late..
sad.gif

sounds like u do a ala carte system for ur wedding day prep, instead of the bridal package.
If u wanna have VG at a lower cost, I suggest using Montage Guy.
happy.gif
He is pretty good, my sister use him as her VG and I like his work. Have engaged him on 20 Nov. hehe..

How much does ur animation montage cause and who u engage? How anout ur AD PG?

audrey21

hey fallinone,

mind sharing how much montage guy quote you?

I'm looking for AD PG and VG now.
VG and PG: thinking of choosing ala-carte, but alot of VG don't wanna do express highlights for me cos I'm doing wedding lunch and most of them say the timing is too tight.
sad.gif

BS: SG Bridal in JB
AD MUA: Ivy
Car: own car
Bridesmaid dress: kindofwonderful
Rings: eclarity
Favors: yovell (provided by Hilton)

happy.gif

How about you ladies?

fallinone

Hi Momo,

Can you gimme ur email add?
I send the VG contract to you.

Coincidentally, I am also using KOW for my bridesmaid dresses. Convertible dress rocks!

binary

hi fallinone, that me..
happy.gif

actually i'm 2012 btb.. so still have time to source.. me not incharge of montage and PG/VG.. my htb is sourcing.. but no new from him..

TW PS: Perfect Wedding (taiwan local BS)
AD BS: Bridal Closet
AD MUA: Liren Neo
Car: intend to rent with driver
Ring: Goldheart

me settle this early first is to lock pricing now and second, we will be focusing next yr time for reno..
happy.gif

so planning in advance..
happy.gif

larac

Hey ladies.. Any idea where can i rent car for AD? Im not looking for merz, bmw or any sporty car.. im actually looking for Nissan Match older version which is rounder.. Anything similar also can.. any lobangs?

binary

ladies.. Another Hilton Wedding show
wow they have e-guestbook that link to our facebook..
Not sure they have new wedding theme for 2012 or not..

Event highlights include:
Be one of the first to view Sattine Bridal Couture's latest 2012 collection
Interact with the latest e-guestbook from Revez-Motion that can be linked to your Facebook
View our fresh contemporary wedding decorations in our versatile ballrooms
Sample our signature wedding banquet cuisine
Exclusive wedding privileges* at our showcase include:
Up to $2000 off the total bill
Complimentary additional one-night stay in Executive Suite
Complimentary 1 bottle of red wine per table,
and more...

Register by 15 September to participate in 'My Favourite Wedding Gown' contest on the event day and stand to win a complimentary wedding gown rental worth over $2500 from Sattine Bridal Couture

aobbneyg

hihi,

I will be going to Hilton hotel for site inspection.

Wondering if June or Rachel are better? Who is more flexible?

And any other things to look out for?

Anyone has the photos of the ballrooms and the bridal suite? Can email me at [email protected].

Thanks.

binary

u need to confirm how many tables u need and view the right venue, ballroom and even function for your ROM if you are doing it on the same day..

think June is more senior than Rachel.. and htb and i are confortable with her..

hilton package can consider quite a deal le as compare with others 5 stars hotel.. think not much to nego..

most item we want have already listed in their wedding show package.. have u get a copy from them? or have they release their latest pricing..

aobbneyg

thanks evelyn for the reply..

i think i will go ahead with June since Rachel is on leave.

they emailed me a copy of their package and i find that the prices are very reasonable with the nett amount for a 5 star hotel.

previously, i went to Furama riverfront and Holiday inn orchard..they are offering at abt this prices too.

So more or less, i will be going for Hilton.

Their are the cheapest among 5 stars hotel..

ginjean

I signed up with them because of the very reasonable price+5 star hotel+food quality combination. June's service blew me away too (i cannot stop raving about her service). Abbey you're signing up via the September wedding show? Can share what is the freebies? :p

aobbneyg

hello jean..

i met June this evening. Her service wise..i would say it's not the best that i had met before. Also maybe she was already quite tired by 7.30pm. But she's still very friendly.

May i know when's your wedding? I just booked my dates with her for tentative bookings. Will confirmed by Monday. Chances are very high.

I really love the Grand ballroom but i do not have enough of 40 tables for weekends. So im taking the Vista ballroom.

The add on for the wedding show as per following for weekend dinner:
1) cash rebates
2) additional nights for bridal suite
3) 1 bottle of red wine each table
4) 2 LCD projector

the headache part for me is my friends drink lots, so she couldn't give me the extra barrel of 30L beer..might have to top up..

I really got no idea about the food? anyone got comments about the food quality?

For a 5 star hotel, the price are very reasonable..

aobbneyg

oh great! im glad to hear that..coz the elders based alot on food..

but well..we can't satisfy everyone..

even if we tasted it and find it not bad..some guest might find it otherwise..

ginjean

hello abbey, you can actually swop the complimentary red wine for another barrel of beer (thats what i did). i think its 15 bottles of wine for another barrel of beer. you can get some consignment wine from some vendors outside to standby..my wedding is on 12th aug, sunday. so the minimum for grand ballroom is only 30 tables if i remember correctly..

lace2009

hi Brides!

Have anyone held their wedding in Aug or this Sep already? haha.. Its nearing mine (Nov) now.. just tot I can get some advices/ feedbacks of Hilton wedding banquet experience! =)

BTW; anyone know how to apply for the licence to play your montage ?

aobbneyg

hi Jean,

Did they waive off corkage charges for your wine?

And today, she just called me telling me that if i want an additional deluxe room on 29th Sept 2012, which clash with the F1 dates, i have to pay more than 600plus++ for that deluxe room...i nearly fainted when i heard that..

Yiting and mysotic, i will send you the package price soon..something is wrong with the email now..

binary

sorry can send me a copy? evelyn2501[@]gmail.com..

think its like tat for all hotel during F1 certain days before start and certain days after event end

for montage ur VG should settle for u unless u DIY ..hotel should also have a list of songs.. so either mute ur cd and play their songs

binary

hi hsan(AD Oct 2011) & MyDestinee (AD 29 Oct 2011):

how is ur wedding preparation? should have settle ur invitation card and Food tasting le bah..

hucklebeary

actually both me n my htb thinks the bridal room is kind of small compare to my brother's at orchard hotel. i already collected my invitation cards my wedding is in january. abit KS hehe

asprah

Hello Hilton brides, I just signed with them yesterday at their wedding fair. Will be having my wedding in june 2012. Hope the entire process will be a smooth one. :D

binary

hucklebeary: wow they allow u to take so early tat is abt 4 mths ahead.. think i will do that too as my AD in lunar 9th mth.. cos hope to get print before 7th .. and can give out in 8th month..

hmm to me the suite is ok le..
happy.gif

Asprah: congrat!! hilton btb.. so when is ur AD?
which venue did u sign up for?

think their package is quite comprehensive le.. for a 5 star hotel..

side track, have u join 2012 btb thread.. we have moved our discussion to FB group.. if you wan to join us, PM me i will add u in.

i also welcome the rest to the 2012 btb to join us there.. if not we can chat over here..

binary

Yup Asprah, i have added as friend and in the group le.. but somehow i cant locate u in the member list..

i check with other Admin on this..
happy.gif

hucklebeary

Evelyn no choice. Hubby wun be around so do everything fast fast. First week of Oct got to go food tasting but i have not decide the date yet. Waiting for hubby come bk first.