Hainanese Brides, anyone???

janf

Baby Adele's full month (4 Oct, 12pm-4pm)
Paya Lebar Kovan Community Club - Multi Purpose Hall 2
Blk 207 Hougang St 21

1. CSI
2. Ivied
3. Pet

kokoyln

CSI, Hazuki - my dilation can consider fast n slow.. 1-3cm take abt 1 wk+ for jolie then when i reach 4cm i still don feel anything.. lucky Gynae had aredy arrange me to admit for delivery if not think i still happily R&R outside..

this time round really tired man.. jaga work, jolie, myself can b tough.. lucky housework my hub does them, if not i sure pengz.. memory fail too..

Janf - i din know CC also can be book to hold event.. new idea..

kitty_li

koko,
oh yah horh...that time with Jolie, u weren't working...so more rested. Nvm, now, u rest well and wait.
happy.gif

Janf,
eh, did u smell Baby Adele's feet? Babies' feet smell the nicest in their first month. After that, the smell just disappears...

Okie, noted the venue.

hazuki

haha, csi, i also smell ryan feet very often.. then i find tat his feet recently stinking alittle.. haha
happy.gif

i think it happens when i eat more oily food, then smelly feet.. same as poo poo

janf

koko - coz im staying wif my ILs and the flat is super cramp so decided to hold it at the CC near us.. at least the function hall is aircon and big..

csi - BB Adele oways wear booties so i din smell her feet haha! prob i shd take out her booties and smell it one of these days..

kokoyln

CSI - i din know bb feet smell nicest when young.. usual we smell her body. Jac loves to smell bb cos with the "Lu Yi You" bb smell v nice..

Janf, i also intend to hold outside cos the 1st time, i did at home, friends in afternn, family evening, end up relatives only go home after 11+.. me tired like hell.. this time i told Jac, hold outside so after no need to clean and i can rest..

hazuki

koko: also muz clean de.. juz tat outside they wun hang ard too long.. hehe, eat n go type.. cause not much place to hang.. so not too tiring.
tat time ryan's manyue i did it at function room also. but cause we book till 3pm, the guests all cleared by 2pm. my parents n hb n mil help cleared the plc b4 the security guard came to lock up.

janf

koko - u can consider holding it at Safra Yishun since u stay in yishun.. we wanted to hold there but consider tat since we hv a NB, better to hold it near home.. in case can run home to take thingys if need be..

kitty_li

that's the "downside" of holding it outside home lorh...got to bring lots of stuff...coz everything is, just in case not enough, just in case need...haha.

pet, that time ryan's one horh...I think pple hang ard a bit coz it was raining!! and the carpark to the function room, no shelter...how to go across....and quite some distance also. hehs.

koko, yah, the feet smell the nicest for the 1st month only. I also didn't know until Mrs Wong BB (TMC's ParentCraft instructor told us during the antenatal class). but babies usually wear booties mah...so end up, only smell after the bath or before the bath. sometimes, boh liao, just take out booties to smell. hahahaha...so crazy.

kokoyln

Janf, i don stay at yishun le. now i'm staying at Joo Seng Road in Upp Aljunied..

btw i just had my chk-up, Jovan not wanting to pop out yet, nlt engage too so my gynae said i can go watch my F1 this fri.. which mean i will be able to get my prefer venue for FUll month

Hazuki, the venue provide clean up so not my pasang unless i put up decor.

CSI, i will smell when bb is out.. hee

kitty_li

ok, this is not wedding-related...so bear with me please BTBs...
happy.gif

any one wants to get Healthy Times stuff (baby cereals, jar food, biscuits, etc)? My frens are putting together a bulk purchase and we can get 15% discount of the retail price at NTUC. So thought can share this info with u all. Adults can also eat Healthy Times stuff one horh...coz it's organic and the biscuits are quite nice...

check out http://www.healthytimes.com/ for more info. Let me know if any of u are interested.
happy.gif

For now, we're still waiting for expiry dates from supplier side...but u gals can order first. At least I can also reply u individually instead of through here...
happy.gif

happy.gif

janf

Blk 207 Hougang St 21

1. CSI
2. Ivied
3. Pet
4. Li Ann
5. Pris

janf

Blk 207 Hougang St 21

1. CSI
2. Ivied
3. Pet
4. Li Ann
5. Pris
6. Lance

rilo82

Hi girls, i am back. How are you all doing? HK very hot and boring for me. I EAT more than i shop. Lucky i came back before typhoon too.
happy.gif

The video i going to take later and see. You all say farnie but i haven see anything yet lei. Hmmm....

Eh so few ppl going to the baby shower ah? 6 ppl i count so far. Nellie and Huiz lei?

kokolyn: You also popping soon ah? I thought yours was end of the year.

madames

Hey Lance, glad to "see" u back. I am sure u had had a great time in HK. So when u going back to work?

Me not going to the baby shower coz I am flying off for holiday on the evening of 3rd Oct. So can't go lor. But will definately go see pretty Adele wan... hehe

hazuki

janf, i'll be coming wif ryan n raymond.. cause it's sat..
happy.gif

i saw adele's blog page.. so sweet..
happy.gif

lance, how? hk warm arh.. eating - usually for guys.. shopping - for the missus...

kitty_li

Lance,
Welcome back!
happy.gif

HK hot? I think coz it was before typhoon bah...usually before and after typhoon strikes, the temperature at the area is very high...I experienced before... But ok lah, u managed to enjoy the yummy food there...hehs.

janf

mosburger - we wanted the name Ada initially (noble, happy) but pair it wif hub's surname Wang, it sounds like 'money come?' in malay.. so we ended up looking for another alternative name which has the same meaning of noble and happy and Adele was one of them..

at 1st, all our frens pronounced it as A-De-Li haha! only csi got it rite as A-Dell keke..

loveangel

Congrats to Sharyln!!!
happy.gif

Janf: Cya this Saturday...i can't wait to see Baby Adele in person. Her blog pics are soooo adorable.

twinkle02

hello everyone..

i'm 'back'.. sorrie have been on MIA for so so long.. cos.. 1st.. have been very bz with my ROM in sept.. then for a short trip to BK.. and crazy work load for the past 2 months.. :p
hope everyones' cool and doing well..
happy.gif

cheers,
lena

madames

Hey CSI,

I went Bintan on 6 Dec (I think) last year. I was lucky that the weather was fine. Could be just plain luck. But u can surf around for some Bintan weather trending info which hopefully can help to make a decision?

Hi Lena! Glad to have u back in our midst. Hopefully your work will be less crazy now coz hey, its year end! Then u can have some time to prepare for your wedding and the house as well.

twinkle02

Hello Huey,

Yeah.. now slowly picking up the AD prep.. House prep KIV 1st.. cos its not ready yet (still building).. :p my parents already start cracking their memory to recall what's the hainanese customs.. pig trotter for mum.. roast pig for actual.. etc.. haha.. ladies.. pls help me recall the 'necessary' preparations k..

Cheers,
lena

hamsterden

hi mais

long time never post le... when is our next gathering huh? Been a long time since we meet up (i missed the 7th storey steamboat gathering). I was thinking if you guys will like to have a xmas or new year gathering at my new house in Dec. Haven't confirmed the date to move...but definitely in Dec.
happy.gif

milkyway18

Hi... my GDL is coming up too and we have no idea whose side traditions to follow so it's like here abit there abit... "rojak" lor... lol

trying to keep it as simple as possible...

kitty_li

Hi Huey,
okie...will go check out weather info. hehs...thanks!

Hi Lena,
Glad to have you back...dun stress too much yah?
happy.gif

Hey Li Ann,
You moving in Dec ah? Cool...nice to have an x'mas gathering...
happy.gif

rilo82

Yo gals, i long time also no post liao.

Li Ann: Moving new house ah. Must be so excited. I can't wait to see your new place.
happy.gif

hazuki

the thread abit quiet in oct. glad most r back now.

LiAnn, u moving hse? reno how? u handling?
so happy to have another gathering soon..

btw, the 7th storey steamboat will operate until yr end isit? but hotel closed already.

kokoyln

i agree.. my mailbox don get this thread update for quite awhile.. guess most of us are busy..
happy.gif

hazuki, i tot i saw the news said they will move to marina barrack and selegie is it..

madames

Yes, the steamboat will be closing in Dec. However, they have already opened 2 branches somewhere else, but where I am not sure coz didnt listen to the TV news last week too carefully. The hotel will however be closed for good. They are looking for a willing buyer of their vintage hand operated lift.

Hi Li Ann, really long time no hear from you. I guess your place is almost done up already? Share with us some pics? Haha, maybe this can help us identify your unit immediately when we are there.... hehe, just joking la ;-P

hamsterden

i went to 7th storey restaurant last Sat with my parents...their last day is 3 Dec. Kokoyln is right that the two new outlets are at Marina Barrage and Selegie (near Mt Sophia).

we havent gotten a date (auspicious date) to move in yet but reno is 95% done. Only left with very very minor touch up. Thomas has been the one handling the reno....i just ok and sign cheque :D

I feeling damn unmotivated at work recently...i dunno why...just can't find the urge to work...my friend had to remind me not to get myself fired at this time... :p

kokoyln

i been to 7th storey steamboat once and so disappointed when they don serve beef.. food also not my taste bud.. i prefer golden mile steamboat.. i planning to go this Sat
happy.gif

yeah Li_Ann, quick get it done then we can warm up your new home.. ;)

ivied

Li Ann, me too! Im rushing the reno now, hopefully can complete by year end. Then our hainan gang can warm up ur place for Xmas, then maybe mine on CNY. hee..

hey lena, enjoy the prep. It is tiring but memorable. I could not forget abt the wedding, even 3mths after the AD.
happy.gif

Just heard the news, Obama won. The 1st black President of the world.

madames

Yeah, I am actually rooting for Obama to win. The McCain and Palin duo makes a very interesting story on their own good enough for entertainment only... haha.

twinkle02

hey huey, yeah.. yeah.. trying not to 'pull' all my hair off my head.. *hehe*

hello ivied, yeah.. I know what you mean.. same thing my fren told me when I was contemplating to engage a wedding planner.. she say it'll be more fun than stress of I do all the prep myself..
happy.gif
I think I'm lucky cos my hubby has helped me alot in the prep since ROM.. I was lucky he was as excited and eager with all the prep, in fact more meticulous in the details than I was at the 'final touches' during ROM.. :p But right now.. we're going slow with AD prep (thou invitation list already giving us headache.. haha)..

Now.. we're more motivated with 'window-shopping' the items and ID for our 'coming-soon' house.. :D sometimes get over excited with all the 'things' we found thou.. almost ordered a bed even thou we dunno when the house will be 'ready'.. :p

cheers,
lena

kokoyln

all right man ! Huey i also support democratic.. at least when clinton was president, world was much peaceful w less war.. ;)
hope Obama can bring peace n revive the financial crisis as well..

kitty_li

yeah...obama won! hahaha.
I think Palin has always been in the bad side of the spotlight. poor thing.

See how our world is now, I can't help but wonder, what would it have been, had Al Gore been president instead. haiz.