Greece - Honeymoon

shanawawa

hmm i couldn't find any other flights leh! are there others going Greece?

I will stop by Dubai for 3-4 hours just to transit. No direct flight
sad.gif

guinguin

Hi shanawana, initially we intend to take SQ as only SQ has direct flight. But their price was really crazy!!!
sad.gif

Now consider taking Emirates.. not sure how long need to wait for transit.. 3-4 hours consider the shortest time liao ah? Do you mind tell me how much you pay?

shanawawa

ya direct flights should be price crazy!!!

3-4 hours is the shortest time liao! I saw some are 16 - 23 hours, so quite lucky to get this i feel. got it during Natas from STA.

Paid $1468.

guinguin

hi shanawawa,

wow, $1468 each consider very cheap leh!!! gosh... we are still wondering which flight should we take now
sad.gif

shanawawa

yup! i think it's quite a good deal.. with the 'short' transit too. Heard that Emirates has one of the best inflight entertainment and we can choose our seats through the net on our own too.

Anybody can help to suggest good hotels at Santorini and Mykonos? I looked at the Ikastikies Hotel but it's all fully booked le
sad.gif

guinguin

ya, short transit is v important. but i heard my company travel agent told me, thai airway flight distance shorter than emirates....not sure though as i haven online check yet..

choose seats? this can be done by all airline right?

Santorini, if you wan cheaper yet nice hotel, can try HotelVolcano's Villa, Residence Suites (both at Oia), while Dana Villas & VolcanoView(Fira)

Mykonos, you may try Princess of Mykonos Hotel or Philippo Hotel.

Ikastikies need to book very early as they only have 4 suites in total
happy.gif

shanawawa

wow thanx for the prompt reply!

Yup i think for emirates, there is another stop, where they pick up sri lankans before continuing to Dubai / or Athens (can't remember). u mean Thai Airway goes there too???

for emirates, they told me the seats can be booked and unbooked until the date of flight. like booking our own movie tix like that.. but even if confirmed the seats, we are free to uncheck the seats and choose new ones till the very end.

thanks for all the recommendations. will look at them! guinguin, u went b4? or heard from others?

guinguin

yup, thai airways fly there too. most Taiwanese tourist will take thai airways
happy.gif
transit at BKK..

oh really, thats cool for Emirates!

I read through different website and forum to get all the comment for those hotels
happy.gif
Our 1st time to go Greece, our honeymoon..

pinky2

Hi everyone,

I'm back for the discussion
happy.gif

Just received my booking from Ikastikies Suites that they already fully booked on my selected date. I already 6mths ahead still cant get a room!

Shanawawa,
Which part of Santorini, you intend to stay?

guinguin

shanawawa, I choose to stay average hotel in all places.. thus can spent more in Santorini :p

pinky2, I booked mine 8 months in advance! haha.. Kiasu a bit.. as Ikastikies only have 4 suites, thats why quite hard to get. Why dun u try Heliotopos?

melodymin.. u backed from there?

pinky2

Guinguin,
A bit disappointed as i like the hotel very much. Now I need to search for another hotel again!
As for Mykonos, I will choose Vencia hotel
happy.gif

Any comment on Antithesis hotel in Fira?
I was thinking to stay 2nights in oia and 2 nights in fira. Will it be very troublesome moving around?

pinky2

Hi shanawawa,

Which hotel is in your list? I will book everything by myself!
Since ikastikies suites fully booked, my husband suggested to go for slightly cheaper hotel. We can spend more in the food and other things
happy.gif

guinguin

pinky2,

dun sad.. Santorini still have a lot of nice and cozy hotel. Saw Antithesis Hotel from web, look very decent and cozy hotel
happy.gif
have you check tripadvisor for comment yet?

Initially was plan to stay 2-2 in different place, but after reconsider, we wan to save the hassle by moving our luggage upside down from hill and staircase, thus we decided to stay only 1 place. since the distance from Fira - Oia kinda near too..but still up to yourself though.. you may wan to try the different feel for 2 places
happy.gif

melodymin

Hi quinquin, I went to Greece and Italy for my honeymoon 2 years ago. I stayed in Sunset Hotel, think in Fira. Sunset Hotel is not bad.

shanawawa

Hi ppl!

We will also be booking everything by ourselves too. Booked for Mykonos and Santorini already. Actually we booked bed and breakfast kind of place which we felt will really let us have the Greece feel. Something like the movie, Mama Mia type of place. Those we booked are owned by families and they have good reviews of their service. Very family oriented and cosy type. Might not have the 5 star kind of treatment but I think having nice ppl around are more impt keke!

pinky2

Guinguin,
I must thank to you for your hotels info!
You have very good selection of hotels:p

Now for Santorini, I have short listed the fellowing:
1)Lithies Traditional apartments
2)Blue Dolphine apartment
3)Mill houses studio
4)Antithesis

guinguin

Hey pinky2,

You are most welcome! This is the reason we are here right? To share info!
happy.gif

I checked out Blue Dolphin before, I love the Honeymoon Jacuzzi Suite! Hehe... go and get it! :p

pinky2

MelodyMin,
Would like to check with you, did you received some weird email after posting your email address here? I have been receiving it since I posted my email address here
sad.gif
I have contact the modereator to delete my post but no response! Angry
sad.gif

Shanawawa,
Thank
happy.gif
How do you book the ferries? I'm booking everything myself too!

Guinguin,
I will be booking ikastikies suites if I can change the travelling
date
happy.gif
I really like it very much! Recently, it has become #1 from tripadvisor .
You are going for the trip next mth, must be very excited! Everyday counting down to the beautiful island...

melodymin

Hi pinky2,
May I know what weird email you talking abt? I do get spams but not sure if its due to posting my addy here..I got one from""Lurve Story" but I dun dare to open cos scared virus

pinky2

melodymin,

The mails indicated that they got my email address from here. They would like to make friend and some what show love!!

Dear all,

As for the ferries, is it better to purchase the tickets when arrive?

melodymin

Hi Pinky 2,
No leh, I din receive such emails.. hehe u popular lah! Just some advice, if you planning to stay a hotel that requires to walk a lot of step than try to pack light. So that you don;t have such a hard time moving around with ur baggage. Sometimes climbing more step to reach a resort might be worth it because you may be nearer to the sea or higher than other hotels and the view is prettier.. (thought it may not apply to all).. If there's a pool in front of ur room even better! Can soak up during the evening and watch the sunset with a cocktail in ur hand!My view from Sunset hotel is quite good. It's not a super high end classy hotel but it's quite cosy. Just my 2 cents worth of tots
happy.gif

melodymin

No lah.. i dun think i receive the spams like pink2 does.
Btw, guinguin, night time very cooling one.. I went in July..summer.. super hot. I dun even dare to step outside in noon. No clouds one! And high up on the hill somemore. But at night very cold.. cos we facing the see and the breeze blow.. that's oso because we stayed at the front porch to admire the night view.. very pretty..if u saw my pics of the night view shots.
You can try to ride their "motor bike" I think it's very fun, saw many couples try.. need license but dun rem if need to convert.. i dun think so. They have a lot of shops renting.. for ppl to go ard and get down whenever they want.It's not the type u see in SG.. it's a bit like ATV type.. u go online check. i think it's a new experience

melodymin

Ladies, I need advice on this.. i posted stuff on marketplace.. after smtime.. abt 2 days.. 2 out of my 3 posts cannot be opened...this always happens.. anyone encountered this b4? sorry side track..

pinky2

Windy! Don't think I can swim in the pool:p

Is 2 nights in Mykonos enough?
Should I go to the 'famous beach' since is a cold weather?
I will not be going to Delos, don't think I have the time.

pinky2

I need your advice for the island stay!
Which is better?
4nights Santorini + 2nights Mykonos or 3nights Santorini + 3nights Mykonos?

Thank you;)

appleious

Hi, I'm also going to Greece this May and has booked my landtour package. Juz wondering if anyone could share their package details and where us good to visit in santorini n Mykonos? Thanks

appleious

I'm gg from 13 -23 may! How abt u?? Which part will u be visiting? I will be in santorini for 5 days, so still trying to see what is the famous and. Must do /try/ eat in Greece. Did u booked landtour or u booked everything by yourself?

appleious

It's ok, I can update u when I come back in late may.. Bt I will be only in santorini and Mykonos cuz I will be taking a 2 days cruise during our trip too.. Care to share how much is yr package w local agent? I oso only booked e accomodation n ferry tsf w local agent.. For 2 Pax is alrdy 4k sgd.. Is it consider exp?

guinguin

hi apple,

i paid about SGD7k for everything, included ferry, hotels and transfer. without land tour. basically, everything arrange by them, they will come and fetch us to ferry/hotel base on our time we requested. A agent will be allocated to us everyday.

Place included Athens - Meteora - Mykonos - Naxos - Santorini - Athens. Spent 5D4N in Santorini. However, our train from Athens - Meteora we paid by own, but they will run errands for us to get the ticket and pass to us when we reach. And Meteora transfer (like cab etc) not included.

pinky2

Hi
Anyone back from Greece? Can share your trip there?
Eg: must do and visit . Where to eat and transport
happy.gif

Thank you

guinguin

Hi pinky2,

We are backed!! Only reached on Saturday... wonderful trip, I LOVE Greece!! :p

What you wanna know? Your date again?

shanawawa

Pinky and everyone!! We are in Greece currently! Santorini!! Excellent lovely beautiful place! Can try all the Greek cuisine like mousaka and gyros ;) all ok! My hubby tried their rabbit stew sigh!!!! People are super duper friendly and helpful. U should rent a vehicle to get around and explore. More fun that way. We rented quad bike for both our Mykonos and Santorini trip!! Oh ya it gets cold at night! Muz bring a sweater
happy.gif
)

guinguin

hi shanawana! haha... have fun there ya and enjoyed the sunset everyday!

ya, rabbit stew is everywhere in Greece but we choose not to eat..

You rent ATV 150cc? Fun right by ATV!

pinky2, email just sent
happy.gif

pinky2

Guinguin ,
Thanks! I have received your email
happy.gif

Shanawawa,
You booked everything by yourself right? Can you advice me about buying the ferry ticket? I just need to get ticket from santorini to Mykonos...

pinky2

Apple,
Pls share your trip here with us;)

After reading everyone posting of their trip, i'm getting very excited and looking forward to my trip!