Goodwood Park Hotel

cefindre

Hi roy,
just a query, how are they charging you for the high tea reception at GW? And in which room/outdoor venue are they holding that for u? Am interested to do a high tea recept there too.
Thanks in advance!!!

scobido

hi cashewnut

no ballrm for 10-15tables, min tables are 18. max 23.

they have poolside wedding for a max of 10tables
happy.gif

they have another pool which i think is good for solemnization, only for 30pax though and rental is 500++
happy.gif

their ballroom chandeliers are beautiful
happy.gif

short march in though. they have another tudor ballroom which is marquee style, all white. longer march in. less grand i feel.

shymz

hi, just checking... i'll be having about 23 tables. will it too cramped their ballroom? is the food good?

scobido

hi shymz

e coordinator told me that the max their ballroom is only 23tables, so i guess shld be ok
happy.gif

think is gd if u can make a trip down, give them a call first. better to see perhaps a wedding setup of abt your no of tables to see whether u feel that it is cramp or not...

unsure whether the food is good...

i feel that the hotel is cosy =)

i love their chandeliers!

what r e other choices u have made?

shymz

hi moo,

just went to see the ballroom at goodwood... liked it very much
happy.gif
will be going down again to see the actual wedding setup.

i thought the marquee was very romantic... might consider it too ...

considering grand copthorne and marina mandarin too... grand copthorne has a nice reception area, zen style, but ballroom a bit plain. what about you? which hotels are you considering?

scobido

give me a five! keke we also like gwp's ballroom a lot =)

marina's area hotels are not within our consideration cos future pil don't like those hotels
sad.gif

also considering grand copthorne =)

maybe going to holiday inn cos i heard they have chandeliers :p

heard act 1 in mandarin hotel also can hold small no of tables, + belvedere function room also, level 3, same level as mandarin court...

considering hotel rendevous too...

si chuan do hua resturant in uob plaza, club chinos may be some other choices 4 me...heard good reviews frm pple

think we will not choose resturants that are too cheena, fh's side won't like it...unless e food is gd...

there is one chinese restaurant in nus that serves good chinese food, may hold it there if we select a restaurant for our dinner...v oriental, don't really like the decor though but fh's side like e food there...hope we won't end up there haha

shymz

hi moo,

saw the setup at goodwood today. might be a bit cramped if all 23 tables are put in, leaving only quite a narrow aisle for the march in. vip tables will be placed right in front of the stage. tables are back to back. but still i like the place
happy.gif

not considering holiday inn coz we had a company function there, did not like the look of the hotel.

grand copthorne - went there for dinner twice, found the portions to be quite large and tasted ok

marina is giving quite a good package, but i don't really like the place ;P

belvedere - 6 pillars! so it's out for me

maybe we will take a look at hotel rendevous. think they'll be having a wedding fair next week?

club chinois is under tung lok, so food should be quite good. noble house (also under tung lok)has good food too. usually food quality is better in a restaurant i think

but we are not considering restaurants coz we prefer to have a room to rest before the event.

nus?!! definitely out for me... keke

weoseek

hi a comment on rendezvous, quite ex for what they could offer. Their chef are not in house,
so everytime when they hv banquet they will request the chef to come from some Jurong country club..

scobido

hi shymz

gwp is really small based on what u said ... hv u seen their bridal suite? who's your coordinator?

was in city hall's area today so we went to grand plaza royal 2day

didn't like the hotel entrance...we missed it totally...went one big round haha
its entrance is v small but the look of the reception area and ballroom seems ok, they have high ceilings...think they have another 2 functions rooms together w the grand ballroom...hmmm...may cause confusion...

think grand corpthone lowered their no of tables to min 12/15, quite gd 4 inviting small grp of pple...have not really taken a look at their package...how much iz?

think there is a promo for club chinois for this year's wedding...

hmmmm what did u meant that rend is ex for what they could offer, weoseek?hv u seen their wedding setup and package?

shymz

hi moo,

yup, the ballroom is quite small at gwp. nope, haven't seen the bridal suite yet. my coordinator is jeannie.

grand plaza? the interior quite cheena... gold and red :p

gcwf package quite reasonable, i think it's 668+++on weekends(9 course)

scobido

Hi Shymz

R u considering grand hyatt as well? Is out of our list as we think the service is not 5star...even though e interior of the hotel looks pretty classy

Hv u taken up any bs?

When's your ad?Mine will be in 2006

mooks

hi... wondering if the outdoor venue with marquee in gwp is known as tudor terrace?
has anyone been there? checked the site that there is ballroom with the interior like a marquee. read somewhere in the forum that the marquee is air-con. *confused*
can anyone explain/describe?

btw i can only go to check out the venues gwp later this week, kinda 'kan cheong' to find out the difference from the forum.

dragon_gal

Hi everyone,
This is my first time to this thread. Can anyone please explain to me wat is "grecian theme" and "marquee"? Sorry a bit sotong.... never heard of such words b4.

thanks!!

scobido

hi garden and dragon gal

welcome to this thread =)

yes, there is a tudor terrace and ballroom. tudor terrace is like a marquee but it is airconditioned. it is white in colour. the reception area is pretty small.it is actually beside the tudor ballroom.

the ballroom is like the normal ballroom in other hotels, but gwp has beautiful chandeliers and it is smaller in size compared to e other hotels, making it v cosy =)

it will only be gd if u have less than 23tables. if not, it will be v cramped.the reception area is also smaller compared to hilton,grand hyatt and some other hotels.

marquee is like zhang(4) peng(2) except gwp's marquee is air conditioned.

dun noe how to explain e grecian theme :p

how many tables are both of u looking at and when's your ad? =)

shymz

hi moo,

nope, don't really like grand hyatt. have taken up a package with whitelink. u?

my ad will be next year around july, so need to find a place soon....

mooks

thanks for ur info, Moo!

had some bad encounters with the gwp, wondering if anyone has similar encounters?

on monday, my fh called the banquet manager who encouraged us to personally go to the hotel to look at the venues. he said he'd mail us the package. fh has called to ask him for it coz we have yet to get it... the manager told us that he didnt have our contact no.

oh my.... what kinda service is this?

earlier this evening, fh called again to arrange an appointment with the manager so that he could show us the venues. he then told fh that another person would be contacting us later the evening regarding the meeting. well, we were very disappointed that we receive no call from GWP.

anyone experience such prob with the manager, desmond from GWP?

hmmph, thou shalt not be angered.

weoseek

havent know they had male banquet manager..I'm always serve by Jeanie very nice, and responsive..help us solve a lot of prob..We are the ones that always need her to remind us..
let me know if you need Jeanie's help? I think another banquet manager around is Jacqueline..have not seen male one.

scobido

hi shymz

i have a pckg w paris.

if i ever have a dinner, e earliest will be in 2006
happy.gif

so hv u confirm w gwp?

hi garden

sorry to hear your bad encounters with the coordinator. yes, maybe u shld approach jeanie, i heard a lot of positive comments abt her service.

i am served by jacquline but don't really like her though...if we r serious in gwp, will change coordinator

they hv 3 males, 3 females coordinators

dragon_gal

hi everyone,

can i check with those who have chosen GWP as their banquet venue, how did your negotiate the banquet package? Did anyone manage to get 5% or 10% off their package?? or did your negotiate for more beer, one more night stay etc ? Really appreciate your advice.... thanks a million !!!

scobido

hi dragon gal

i haven't booked w gwp but i doubt they can get 5 or 10% off their pckg but u can still try =)

as for what perks they give, i guess it will depend on what u want from them. generally, they give more perks if u hv more tables w them i guess? can try to negotiate w them. c what u really need and c whether they can provide that..

gd luck, gal!

weoseek

very diff to negotiate for price off..when we first started, jeanie already told us..price is not negotiable..but perks are. U can try to get extra 1 nite stay..which I didnt get.
sad.gif
I only hv 30L beer instead of 20L.

dilemmagal

Hello Gals

I also gwp bride. AD on Jan05.

Do you find the stage a bit plain? Thinking 2 hire the florist 2 do some stage decor.

mooks

thanks moo for the recommendation.
i have viewed tudor terrace and is waiting to book the venue. currently, there is a couple who had booked the venue a mth ago, so GWP will need to 'chase' them. hoping everything will turn out smoothly....
happy.gif

scobido

hi garden

u r welcome =)

great that you have decided to book gwp. how many tables will u be having and have u decided on your menu? heard that it will be v cramp if u exceed 23tables and 20tables will be just nice for the function room. why did u choose gwp eventually? paiseh, a lot of qns =P cos i am still evaluating whether i shld get gwp if i am gg to have a dinner eventually keke

hv u seen their bridal suite?

i just went to 4season hotel yesterday, it is a grand hotel, i felt. got chandeliers also but is not as nice as the one in gwp =P

scobido

Hu weoseek

chandeliers are actually lightnings, is not like the normal lightnings, is generally larger and is white in colour when unlighted but when lighted, it is generally in warm yellow...hv u been to gwp? if yes, their ballroom uses chandeliers

if not, u can go le meridien, heard that their ballroom also has chandeliers

scobido

hello weoseek

nope, but gwp is definitely my fh's shortlisted hotel =)

i like 4seasons hotel but e price is a bit steep.

anyway, we may or may not hold a dinner after all. everything is too early 2 say now.

u weddg menu did u take up?

weoseek

I mix and match the two menu for sunday..and get the better choice.
actually wedding is once in a lifetime thingee..a bit steep nevermind. Last time when shortlisting hotels, I didnt even visit 4seasons or conrad..quite stupid lor.

scobido

u meant u mix and match e menu for sat n sun? can meh?

how many tables do u hv? if can, try not 2 hv 2 many cos i heard comments saying that max 23 tables still a bit cramp...

nvrm, u hv chosen, dun regret yo! =)

when's your ad? can share share after your ad e pics?

mooks

hi all...

i am waiting for the contract from gwp! yay!!
i guess i got the place! the marquee in tudor terrace fits my theme perfectly - garden, green and white.
hey weoseek, mine is mid dec this yr! what do u mean by mixing and matching the menu? pls explain?

i wonder what i can bargain? any tips from pp here?
happy.gif

i am expecting abt 120 persons, so i guess tudor terrace is alright. not too cramped. btw it is a high tea buffet.

weoseek

My one is sit down chinese menu. For Sunday there is 2 menu available, can choose the best out of these two menu.

I'm trying my best to limit my table to 21/22..very scared now..cos my mum suddenly increased no. of tables she wanted..From 6 to 8..but after i warned her, now become 7..hehe..

Why you dun want to consider pool site high tea? Should look more beautiful

My ad is beginning of dec

scobido

weoseek

any idea how much is the nett for wkend?

which favour hv u chosen? tea leaves or honey? or a mixture?

tnx =)

weoseek

During my time, I booked in 2003, sunday is 728+++, sat 738+++, 16% for the +++. This yr heard the price has increased further.

Thinking of changing the favour..Hv to look for their supplier to see what they hv first.

scobido

Yes, I think the price has increased further...Can't remember

Think you have to top up if u want to change the favour...

So u settle all your ps?

garden

your parents didn't object to high-tea huh? my mom was pretty unhappy man...didn't dare to bring up again :p

think gwp doesn't hv a wedding fair...

mooks

hey moo, i think my fh and i are very lucky that our parents are very willing to hold a hi-tea after solemnisation. btw poolside seems nice but i am worried that it'd be very hot and uncomfortable at 3pm.

i did not ask gwp what the wedding favors are. weoseek mentioned tea leaves n honey? that is a great change! i wonder if the favors are different for the wedding dinner and hi-tea package. will have to check with gwp again.

shymz

hi garden,

jeannie showed us the wedding favours... yup, it's either tea leaves (flower tea) or honey ... all in nice jars. but it's for the wedding dinner.

scobido

hi garden

yes, i think it maybe a bit too hot at 3pm.

hi shymz

hv u chosen gwp as your venue?

anyone has viewed their suite?care to share your thoughts?

shymz

hi moo,

i'm seriously considering gwp. should confirm by end of this week.

actually i really want to know how the bridal suite looks too... anyone here care to share?

just went to wedding at fullerton... beautiful bridal suite *sigh*

eggie

Dear Weoseek,
You are meeting up with the florist? To discuss how u want the floral decor to be like? Please advice me. I had went to the ballroom to see the red theme and also cream/purple theme. I think i like the cream/purple one.

weoseek

Yep..to discuss center piece on guest table, VIP table, and along the aisle I think..might at an arch if budget allows.

I've not seen the cream/purple ones..but I dun like pink/peach colors.

Jeanie ask us to bring pics that we like to show the florist.

Likely I'll be using red roses cos marquee too white need some striking colors to add up the variety.