Goodwood Park Hotel

junnie

Hi Katehrine,

Personal opinion Cruise wedding is very special can take very nice pics, but i guess it can be rather costly right? Like it- if it is not raining cos the cruise function room decor is not that nice, moreover if the cruise travel to international waters.. people will tend to go and gamble.. plus pple who gets sea-sick will not turn up. How many pple are u looking at?
Marina poolside, is pretty nice.. i will prefer there. Been there for a lunch reception before. So i guess GWP is out of your list right??
BTW if u like grecian gown can check out this month Female mag there's couple who opt for agrecian gown.

camomile

Morng Katherine,

Wow, your grecian theme is wonderful and u seems to have everything in hand. Envy envy. We still cant decide on the venue, went to look at some ballrooms, saw conrad's ballroom a few weeks ago, ballroom is quite nice, will arrange with the coordinator to take a look at the poolside. We are looking at 22 tables, so not a lot of choices.

Cruise wedding is special but have to avoid the monsoon months that come with choppy sea.

katherine

hi junnie and camomile,

funny, how come my msg this morning never come out...anwyay....

bad news, called conrad earlier, she said the date tat i have in mind for poolside is taken up!!! and marina mandarin poolside may be having reno at time of my wedding....how bad luck can one get?? sigh....anwyay, we may change from 13th to 20th...so tat at least conrad poolside is still available for us to book if wanna..better to open up more choices...;)

oh i saw the grecian gown also, in the mag, tat's where i go ga ga over grecian theme..hahhaa...and talked to a gf over the planning, cos she planning also, even decided tat flowers are going to be blue and it's going to be blue theme all around!
happy.gif

cam...conrad poolside can only take 12 tables, if i m not wrong, cannot take 22 tables, too many,maybe have to split into the aircon and non-aircon area..check out the conrad thread...
happy.gif

GWP not out of my list..just tat they cannot confirm with me about their poolside...i still like their menu a lot though..sounds so yummy.....

junnie, u start with ur preps already ah??

camomile

Hi hi kat and junnie,

Aiyo, both conard and MM not available on 13th for you, ya, it might be better to change the date to have more options. We can’t confirm the date yet as still waiting for the tong shu so that MIL can confirm that it is a good date. Will have to take the whole area at Conrad’s poolside, those older folks can stay in the aircon area and friends can mingle around the pool and will have to cut down the no. of guests too. Not a lot of options for 22 tables, didn’t know that Conrad is 12 pax per table until we saw the set-up, we can’t meet the minimum. Goodwood will be juz nice for our size.

Ya ya, I saw that Grecian gown in the mag too, nice nice. This Sunday tune in to watch the Darren and Evelyn’s wedding at rasa sentosa
happy.gif

katherine

hihi..

so camomile, u r taking GWP??? which one?? the ballroom or marquee??

the grecian gown nice rite?? was thinking of doing it in pale ice blue with either darker blue ribbons or white ribbons, the gf who planned along with me went gaga over it too...heee

junnie

Hi Camomile and Katherine,

Oh my.. is the date taken or in tentative booking? Good to know u have a back-up date. Thats nice wedding in Conrad!! As for me, not looking for actual day photographers, have u guys have any recommendation?
Yep Camomile will definetly tune in!! So have u found your bridal shop yet? Mm.. i am sure u cant wait for the tong shu to be out right?

katherine

hi junnie,

last yr when my gf got married, the photographer she hired quite good, i like the photos tat he churned out and the way he took casual photos...planning to use him also...i get the contacts then let u know, ok??

camomile

Halo Katherine and Junnie

Not confirming GWP yet, both the ballroom and marquee are quite nice. Will have to show my other half and see what is his comment. Have u seen raffles the plaza? The raffles ballroom is awesome but too bad, we are unable to meet their minimum requirement of tables unless we take another ballroom.

Yes yes, that Grecian gown is nice
happy.gif
me like the combination of pale ice blue with white ribbon, whistle whistle
happy.gif

Err.. actually I am considering whether it is better to DIY instead of engaging bridal shop but I have not started anything except for the venue so don’t know which photographer is good. You are so rite, cant wait for the tong shu.

junnie

Hi Katherine and Camomile,

Raffles ballroom is nice but heard that the review for food is not that good. Added to that they got 5 ballrooms, for me i am afraid of pple going to the wrong wedding hahaha. U are going to DIY...wow thats good, if u need any help let m eknow.. DIY is nice but very time consuming, better do your research soon!!
Thnaks Katherine for your help.

katherine

hihi...

got the contacts, he's call Andrew, 96867894...

raffles the plaza...swoon over their poolside, do go and take a look!! too bad, they dun do package for poolside, so got to arrange everything ourselves, EVERYTHING as in down to wedding favour!!! aiyo..too tiring....

camomile

Halo Junnie and Katherine,

Ya, raffles the plaza do not have good review for food, have attended dinner there twice, food wise so so but the ambience of the ballroom attracted me, hehe… ya, and too many ballrooms on the same floor is the minus point, the guests will be very confused but the plus point is the location. GWP’s ballroom is more suitable for my tables size so am considering.

I am still debating between DIY and bridal package, do u think it is a good ideal to DIY? Have u decided on your bridal Boutique?

Wa, Katherine, will be a very big project if u are gg to do everything, haha.. maybe should engage a wedding planner. But the pool is really beautiful.

junnie

Hi Katherine,
Thanks for the contact will check it out. Seem like you are very busy.. so what are your final 3 choices?

Camomile,
I just signed up today!! Finally sign the contract and paid my $3500, hope that everything will run smoothly!! Yep have decided my BS is Bridal Veil.. DIY is unique but sometimes it could be costly if not managed well cos alot of unforseen costs!! And becos is DIY any problem u need to go around settling it, but for once in a lifetime is worth doing it, i guess it depends on your timing, how complex is your design adn budgets.

katherine

hi camomile and junnie,

shortlisted list..heehehe....so far, only shortlisted the chinese restaurant, either pin hsiang or 88, for the sunday event, cruise is one of them, we went to see equinox yday, my hubby loveeees it...so tat is one of our shortlist, very very expensive though..and dun know how to have a grecian theme there...seem more like elegant queen theme instead...heee....

we also went to see raffles plaza poolside, he agrees it's nice, but not worth the money and effort...so tat is out...

GWP, jeanie havent get back to me...sigh...so long....

camomile,
one of my fren is DIY-ing (if there is such a word) her wedding...getting the gown herself, and she knows pple who can be make-up artist, she's a hairdresser herself, knows pple for photographer for actual day, she dun want album..just casual photos of the actual day, so if u dun want the prof album thingy, then can DIY lor, otherwise, if u get a photographer to take the album photo, may end up paying more....if really budget...why dun choose a cheaper studio???

or go JB...if u dun mind, quite cheap...

for me, i dun really care about the studio, as in as long as the gowns tat i want, they can make for me can already..the album is only the wedding then show pple, otherwise it will be slashed somewhere in the store room, so i dun need fantastic photo but dun make me look ugly lah...so as long as my designer can make the gowns for me, i m fine..dun intend to spend a lot of money for studio also....

camomile

Halo halo,

Hehe.. me don’t want the album photos, reason being I am NOT photogenic at all
happy.gif
haha.. this is 1 of the reasons and we wont need the groom suit and car from the bridal package. That’s why I am thinking of DIY. Ya, I also feel that after the wedding the album will be stored away so tot of juz taking some causal outdoor photos for memory.

Congrat Junnie! 1 task accomplished, I am sure thing will run smoothly. Juz heard another good comments on GWP’s food from my aunty, she is quite particular about food
happy.gif
. I will have to wait for my other half to take a look at the ballroom and marquee 1st b4 deciding.

Katherine, ya, Equinox is so nice, actually wanted to have my solemnization there last year but couldn’t because some of our folks were taking vegetarian on that day. Will be difficult to create a Grecian feel in Equinox, haha.. elegant queen theme is really more suitable.

soul_rage

hi all, my wedding finished last friday finally
happy.gif
Just to have some info to share with all.
1) Food
Food-wise, most guests say that the food is good and unique (especially the fruit fish, which most guests can't forget, and the shark's fin, which had crab meat, dried scallops and sea cucumber in it). The 1st dish presentation beats all hotels I have been to (with a lobster head and tail as part of the presentation).
2) Hotel Staff
The banquet manager Rosli, was very very efficient and helpful that day. Thanks to him for lots of initiative. My coordinator Jeanie was also responsible, coming down even on my wedding day to ensure everything was fine.
One minor issue is that some of the waiters I heard had no initiative in volunteering info to my guests, such as taking the initiative to tell my guests that certain sauces are used for certain dishes.
3) Lighting
This is one area where GW loses to others. Only able to dim lights, and no spotlights
4) Audio
Not bad, with Bose speakers, the sound system is quite good. However do note that their sound system can only play cds. VCDs and DVDs you require your own player
5) Room
20 tables is already quite cramped (I had 21, 1 reserved), guests tell me they feel it is a little cramped.
6) Projector
This is the one I am unhappy about. GW doesn't provide projectors (which is silly as these days, most couples want to do their presentation). Their contractor charges $350 for rental, which is way way above the market rate (I could get one for about $200). What is worse, their contractor can only bring down the projector on your wedding day, which means that should anything fail, the risk is really high.
What I did was to go thru much means to borrow a projector free, bring down 3 days before my wedding day for a rehearsal. A rehearsal on your wedding day is not sufficient, as there were several audio problems we had to tackle (took us 2 hours to tackle)

7) Summary
Overall I am happy with GW, except for the projector problem. As for advice to couples, I strongly recommend going for a rehearsal before your wedding day. I did that, and was much more relaxed on the actual day itself (not so rushed. Imagine if you had to solve the projector problems on that very day. You will be a very stressed up bride and groom)
happy.gif

katherine

hi cam,

if tat's the case, prob DIY would be better for u, since no point signing for a package when the expensive thing is the photo.....and not the gown or suits...

weoseek

Hi vance,

Thanks for sharing. I still dunno what is fruit fish although previously you mentioned its chinese name. U made me quite worry about the projector..hehe..Funny, I've got Free usage of projector in my contract, although previously heard from others that GWP dun hv in house projector. Dunno whether will they back up the projector last min.

But glad that you've gone thru a nice wedding day..

whowillbe

Hi Vance,

Just would like know how was the food tasting. I read your earlier thread, you said that you got a suite upgrade + an extra nite. May I ask what sort or upgrade you got??? Was it a Tower suite to a Junior suite??? Also is your coordinator Jeannie or Jacqueline??? Your information will be greatly appreciated. : )

junnie

Hi Katherine,

I just spoke to Jacqueline, regarding the polside wedding, apparently they are going to do something but the upper mgmt havent brief anything to the co-ordinators, guess thats why jeannie have not call u up. Heard that the have a private pool, (dunno whether is it in the second floor) anyway, yet to check that out if they can hold party at the private pool, think it will be nice isnt it?
Totally agree with u equinox is very nice indeed, hahaha but need to cut cost thus will have to give that up!!
Camomile,
Me also not aphoto person, but just wanna try.. cos my friend look so different from her usual self and now high-tech can do some minor alteration. thats why i decided to go for it, anyway if u need make up artist i can recommend u to my aunt free-lance makeup artist. Now me sourcing for actual day photographers.. cos better booked fast incase he or she got booked by other couples.. here i am hunting again..kekeke
Hi Vance
Thanks for sharing so many things i must take notes of.. thanks!!

soul_rage

hi all, me again
Roy: The food tasting resulted in me taking the duck becoz it had a unique taste. However, the duck turned out to be the worst dish, possibly becoz that dish requires skill, and mass production probably result in drop in skill
happy.gif
So you maybe should consider the chicken.
Other than that, all the rest of the food at the wedding is almost as good as the food tasting itself. As for the suite, I don't really know what suite it was
happy.gif
Din bother to check. My coordinator is Jeanie
Junnie: Welcome
happy.gif
Wish you the best in your wedding
happy.gif

soul_rage

hi junnie
I used Kal photographers during my wedding. Not too bad, and got 2 photographers for a price that is competitive as those single photographers.

Good thing is that the two of them can be broken up, one to go to the groom side in the morning and one to the bride's side in the morning. Like that you get two parts of the story.

You might want to meet them up and see their portfolio, coz I am pleased with their work.

weoseek

Hi vance,

Check with you..Do you bring your DVD/VCD player to play your montage, and march in songs?
How is the march in like in GWP? Dim the lights and dry ice? Was the passage for march in very narrow?

soul_rage

hi, the hotel has a vcd player (a little old). Also I would recommend using a good notebook to play your montage (connected to the audio system). This will provide great graphics + good sound. Playing on vcd will result in less sharp images.
March dim lights + dry ice. I brought party poppers in to let my guests have fun as well.
Passage yes a little narrow.

panggou

Hi everyone, I am new here. I have just fixed my AD to be on dec 05. I have booked the date with GWP. however, i have one worry, 23 tables is the max it can contain right? wonder if i can keep to that.

does anyone of you manage to bargain for more perks that what is specified int he package? are they flexible about this?

Thank you!

whowillbe

Hi Winnie,

Who's your coordinator??? I'm liasing with Jac. She's very nice. The very first time I met her, wasn't thru a proper appointment. I simply walked in and tried my luck. She's also quite flexible.

Regarding the bargaining, they're actually quite flexible... Just ask for the sky and let them cut it down for you (like what Vance said). I personally have bargained for quite a few stuff till I almost 'exasperate' her... (just kidding) but I haven't sign the contract yet. : )

Regarding the tables, the ballroom is already quite packed with 20 tables. The VIP tables are 'literally' pushed to the stage, so if you want 23, then a few tables will be at the 2 corridors outside the ballroom. You also might want to take note that with 20 tables, the walk in will be quite tight so if you want to have a long train, it might be a bit of a problem.

panggou

hello roy, i am liaising with Jac too. she sounds quite nice over the phone.

heee then i will try to bargain as much as i can.

hmm, did not know the vip tables will be pushed to the stage sigh, actually 23 is a bit tight for me already, will only be inviting the closest friends and relatives. my parents will be disappointed they cannot invite their distant relatives.
stillwaitng for jac to send me some photos. hmm if it is really so squeezy may have to think of alternatives.

whowillbe

Winnie, if Jac haven't email you back, I can send you the photos which she sent me. Just let me have your email add.

panggou

Hello Roy, i manage to get the photos from Jac, however, very disappointed, i think it is really waht you have briefed me. the place is too smal to accomodate 23 tables. the VIP table is all the way to the stage. Now, i have to start looking all over again. this is because i cant promise that i will have 23 tables or less. hard to plan.

weoseek

Hi Roy,

Do you mind to share what are the perks we can look for? I find GWP very reluctant and surprise to see you saying they r nice leh...I only get 30L beer instead of 20L, nothing else liao.

soul_rage

To Weoseek, depends on how you approached it. I went 'shopping' with several hotels and know the various perks inside out.
So at a suitable point of time, I got hard on GWP and took their package to compare with others.
That was how I worked to get the perks

whowillbe

Weoseek, yup I agree with Vance. I simply told Jac that other hotels are offering this and this perks etc... however because I'm also having a high tea reception thus I was able to get some extra items.

junnie

Hi guys,

Wow so many postings!! Yup i too agree with Vance it really depends on how u approached them. For me, i merely compared my friend package (he had his wedding in Jan 04), and ask for slightly more than him. This was how i worked for the perks.
Just tell them what u want and listen to their views. I am sure if they can give, they will try to give it to u.

xuancc

Hi!!

I am new here.

Would like to ask anyone who has info on having wedding dinner at GWP Tudor Terrace (Marquee).
Recently, my FH and I went down to GWP and looked at the Marquee setup. Unfortunately, there is no wedding deco on that day. However, we have concern on the noise from the exhaust of the kitchen which can be heard in the marquee. According to Jac, she said that the noise should be covered up by the pipe music and guests' chatters on the wedding dinner itself. Anybody had gone through a wedding banquet in the Marquee? Can the noise be heard?

katherine

hi junnie and camomile,

long time no talk...just to let u girls know tat i will not be holding my wedding at GWP..going to take up the cruise wedding instead...hope u girls will have a wonderful wedding..happy planning and have a good time while doing so!!
happy.gif

camomile

Morning Katherine and Junnie,

Hi hi, good to know that you have decided to take up the cruise wedding
happy.gif
Are u still having the Grecian theme? Your wedding will be very special.

katherine

hi camomile,

yes, i m sticking to the grecian theme..it's the only consistent thing in my planning..haha...thanks! enjoy urs!
happy.gif

junnie

Hi Katherine and Camomile,

So happy for u!! A Cruise wedding!! So what's next in your check list?

Camomile,
Any update on your wedding plans?

Me still sourcing around for Actual day photographers!!

c1980

hi hi... exploring the possibility of using GWP... anyone aware of the rates and packages that they have? please do share (if you dun mind)

junnie

Hi c1980
For weekdays: Edwardian $628+++ ($732 nett) applicable from Monday to Friday excluding eve of public holidays and public holidays.
For Weekend package: Victorian $738+++ ($860 nett)
OR Georgian $788+++ ($918 nett)

The deposit is $3500. So when u planning for your wedding?

c1980

planning for next yr april period. their pricing is a little ex for me... unless i take a weekday rate.

love the location though... thanks so much for your quote. how is your experience with them?

junnie

Hi c1980,

I love the ballroom, abit small but gave me the cosy feel, added to that i am having a small wedding so is okay. Food is good heard alot of good reviews on the food. Agree with u the price is kinda steep but by having a small number of tables of maybe 18 the loss might not be that big for a bigger wedding 30 and above.
The sales staffs are rather nice and friendly, just go and have a talk with them, they are rather friendly and easy to talk to.

huiling

Hallo, I'm new here and I was thinking of GWP but as I only have about 10 tables, GWP is out for me liao.

may I ask katherine how much does it cost to have a cruise wedding?

Perhaps I can have my solemnisation on a cruise ship and invite more people
happy.gif