Do you throw away things given by your ex after your breakup?

Liliput

Hello,

do you all throw away those things given by your ex? I have a new bf now but I am still keeping those things given to me by my ex. like necklace, soft toys etc. I dont need these items and I dont even look at them. But I thought its a pity to throw away expensive items. So I just keep them stored away. Should I throw them instead?

newproject

Hello,

do you all throw away those things given by your ex? I have a new bf now but I am still keeping those things given to me by my ex. like necklace, soft toys etc. I dont need these items and I dont even look at them. But I thought its a pity to throw away expensive items. So I just keep them stored away. Should I throw them instead?
how about returning them to ex.

newproject

Things given as gifts, how to return?dun think the guy would be such a cheapskate to want the stuff back.

Actually plenty of girls do give or offer to give back gifts. And the guys give or offer to give back to females. It might even be healthy.

Remember it's 2016 not 70s where only guys give gifts lol. Girls also give gifts to guys.

Staypositive

Actually plenty of girls do give or offer to give back gifts. And the guys give or offer to give back to females. It might even be healthy.

Remember it's 2016 not 70s where only guys give gifts lol. Girls also give gifts to guys.

Yeah.we dun care whether it's 2016 or the 70s.or whether girls also give gifts to guys anot.the topic here is whether to return gifts that are given out.its not abt gender here bro.

Some ppl might feel offended when u return things they gave out.you might think it's ok to take back the stuff but to others it might not be the same.

newproject

Yeah.we dun care whether it's 2016 or the 70s.or whether girls also give gifts to guys anot.the topic here is whether to return gifts that are given out.its not abt gender here bro.

whatever bro. you keep telling yourself that.

Some ppl might feel offended when u return things they gave out.you might think it's ok to take back the stuff but to others it might not

what's your point?
and some people feel unhappy they don't get expensive things they gave back by cheating exploiting gfs and ex wives. Read the forum again.

I know you got almost no experience with girls but not difficult to grasp that just because you might feel offended you don't represent every person out there.

besides don't talk so big lah, you get a girl breakup first then tell me how you act. if say she cheat on you while making you pay until you almost broke.

Staypositive

Some ppl might feel offended when u return things they gave out.you might think it's ok to take back the stuff but to others it might not be the same.
whatever bro. you keep telling yourself that.

what's your point?
and some people feel unhappy they don't get expensive things they gave back by cheating exploiting gfs and ex wives. Read the forum again.

I know you got almost no experience with girls but not difficult to grasp that just because you might feel offended you don't represent every person out there.

besides don't talk so big lah, you get a girl breakup first then tell me how you act. if say she cheat on you while making you pay until you almost broke.

Haha..I won't date such gals in the first place.

likethathow

Hello Liliput,

Things like she made for me (handicrafts) I will probably throw away. Although is nice to keep some nice memories, but this memories will eventually tear you and your future partners apart.

Gifts such as shirt, pants, displayable and etc, donate it or give it away. If really nobody takes it in, throw away.

Other parties personal items in my house or my items in her house, if its can be buy again, I will throw (hers and not gonna claim mine). Otherwise, get a mutual friend to pass everything.

For me to do such thing is pretty extreme, meaning I don't want to have anymore things to do with you.

Infernolord

Hmm this qns is quite interesting.

Somehow i feel it matter to our "girlfriends" more then the guys.

If your gf caught you having handicrafts or cloths, shoes, ties bought by your ex.. they will be fuming with fury.

For me, i dun feel anything if i find my gf carrying her bag, wallet, wearing nice jewellery given by her ex. I believe most guys dont matter as well.
And IF the guys said you shld throw your handbag or things away given by ex.... most likely his gf will say he is ungentlemanly.

Staypositive

lol . don't say so fast. you so big "man" , so want face, treat girls like princess , prime candidate to become a future inferno lord.

don't say I never warn you first.

Lol.u want to pass remarks abt me dun need to drag others into the picture.Anyway what's wrong with treating gals well? We have to use our own judgement and not to discriminate all just because of some negative experiences. Relax lah bro

Liliput

Hello Liliput,

Things like she made for me (handicrafts) I will probably throw away. Although is nice to keep some nice memories, but this memories will eventually tear you and your future partners apart.

Gifts such as shirt, pants, displayable and etc, donate it or give it away. If really nobody takes it in, throw away.

Other parties personal items in my house or my items in her house, if its can be buy again, I will throw (hers and not gonna claim mine). Otherwise, get a mutual friend to pass everything.

For me to do such thing is pretty extreme, meaning I don't want to have anymore things to do with you.

Now that you say it like that, I probably should follow like you too. But do u all still keep in contact with your ex? Cos I stopped contact about 1 year after we broke... but as I look back, I think I owe him an apology for being super unappreciative of his efforts last time. but we both already moved on now. i dunno if I shld still apologise or leave it as that.

Staypositive

Now that you say it like that, I probably should follow like you too. But do u all still keep in contact with your ex? Cos I stopped contact about 1 year after we broke... but as I look back, I think I owe him an apology for being super unappreciative of his efforts last time. but we both already moved on now. i dunno if I shld still apologise or leave it as that.

I dun think he is keen on ur apology since a long period of time has gone by.but u can still apologise to him if that would set ur heart at ease and untie any knot in ur heart.

likethathow

Hello Liliput,

I do that to give myself a fresh start. I don't keep in touch with my exs, regardless happy or disastrous ending. Even if they were to message me, I will ignore.
If you feel that you owe him an apology and it makes you feel better, apologies and whether he reply or not, at least you feel better, like something off your chest. But if he does reply, just ignore. Because your intention is just to apologise, nothing else.

Cheers!

meimei1601

If u think it's ok than keep. If u current bf mind than donate/throw/sell, if it create sadness than throw. There is no should or shouldn't. It's just an item. Shouldn't let it effect Ur current life. :)

life_is

Won't bother to keep. Don't want a single cent of dirty money. If it's a present from scheming liars who can do anything for money, nest not to keep in case get bad karma.

pipitbj

it is just a simple question of keep or return or throw.

if u free, then go return lo. not free, then keep or throw.
if u lazy, then just don't bother and keep.

this is like the tiniest issue in the world.