Crowne Plaza Hotel, Changi Airport

gzer

hi all,
anyone been to a buffet wedding lunch / dinner at Crowne Plaza? or intending to hold buffet there? can give a review?

raneejuanjuan

Times flies, mine will be buffet lunch this May
happy.gif

jovaine00

Haha Renee, excited for u! Imagine us discussing abt the roadshow last yr & blink of eyes now alrdy Feb 2012!

I believe u have completed ur ps. How long b4 ur AD u take ps huh? I'm thinking abt 6 mths b4, but I see forum ppl alot of them took 9 mths in advance.

raneejuanjuan

Halo Jasmine, yup been almost 1 year haha.. hey when is your AD huh? I took my PS 1 week before CNY, going to choose photo next week, actually seen 1st time but difficult to decide whether to by more photos or not. think mid march then can see layout. The PS went well n very nice..hard to control not to buy the pic
happy.gif
have u book your BS? which BS you use? Hey Im really slacking dun feel like doing anythng man...how is your prep huh?

jovaine00

I'm still lazing ard lah..Lol..same as u lor, not feeling like doing anything now..haha

My AD is 9 Dec, u lei? During PS process must be v excited & fun. My BS is Venus in JB, will be gng in for PS in June. U took ur PS w which BS?

Aiyah I tell u, v hard not to top up photos lei, I will try my v best to restrict myself lah, but come to think of it, once in a lifetime u see urself so beautiful rite, so more or less will top up lor.

raneejuanjuan

I took with Rico at T.pagar. Just finish the layout for my invitation card
happy.gif
27th doing food tasting...CP is really very strict in everything, cannot neg much from them...maybe i will buy few photos...soft copy dunno wana buy or not very ex leh. The hair styles n makeup very nice during my PS...hee u choose ur gown yet? i am going to choose my AD gown next month cos i dun like the one i pick and wore for PS...but need to extra charge me
sad.gif
I also book the honeymoon trip last Sunday shiokness...lol going honeymoon on Sept
happy.gif
tell me more of your prep leh

jovaine00

Wah u chop chop book everything liao. I think CP once cfm, we have less bargaining power liao. Anyway, I tot soft copies of edited photos will be returned to customers?

I havnt prepare anything yet lor..I will be choosing gown for PS in May, den PS in June. Can't wait sia! For my BS, every top up is RM180, in SG, how BS charge for top up? So is mine on mkt rate or mOre exp?

I think u ask bargain w ur BS to throw in the AD free gown exchange for u. If lets say the gown is not booked by other brides on ur AD, why not let u have it, improve their image & make their customer happier, rather leave it on the rack meh.

Anyway, wher u gng for HONEYMOON?!?! Haha

jovaine00

Hi precious, haha yes I know! How's ur exp with Venus? I heard that Joelle left Venus, now I duno who to look for to coordinate.

I like ur EG taken in CP, the red 1, v nice!

gzer

Thanks Precious & Renee,

I have booked a lunch banquet in Nov but still thinking whether to have it chinese banquet or BUFFET.. I haven heard much review / comment on the buffet whereas for the chinese style it is pretty safe cos Imperial is a good restaurant..

@Renee
What made you decide on the buffet there? i saw the menu.. it's not bad except the hainanese chicken. so chinese..

Anyone else holding buffet there? i would like to have a preview. do send me the layout if you have pls ladies
[email protected]

raneejuanjuan

Hi Dear,

I have swop my H.chic rice to this Pilaf rice with chicken leg in rose mary sauce...sound yum hor...haha and i also change the poutry to smoke or roast duck..im going for food tasting at 27...let me revert on the quality
happy.gif
me & bf dun like sit down dinner at all, so boring and the couple usually no chance to mingle with the guest...buffet u can walk ard and mingle..can eat also wahahahah. becos mine is having holy matrimony in the grand ballroom...follow by buffet spread outside the cocktail area..buffet more fun for lunch
happy.gif
although my folks not very happy but bf say its our day...be happy n just do it! i heard the sit down lunch feedback is good from my friends n also Brandon from this forum
happy.gif
i quite relieve on the menu for buffet..dun worry too much
happy.gif

ashleyjjo

hi brides to be ... was the food tasting free? when i went down to CP today to check out the place, there was no complimentary food tasting and if i need to use the room for rom also must pay.. perks not very good..kinda disappointed

sunshine2906

Hi Jo,

which coordinator did you meet up with? and how many tables? when I went down they offered quite good perks... I was looking at lunch somemore...

ashleyjjo

yea im look at lunch for next yr min 16 tables...i guess its standard across all the coordinators? so sunshine u book urs already?

sunshine2906

icic..the perks were attractive... but I didn't book because I wad looking at the 28 tables which is the max and the ballroom will be too cramped...

mintyvintage

Hi! who is your coordinator?

I met up with this guy but dont like.. he is not professional. ask me to read the brochure myself and ask qns.. Never bother to go thru even the standard stuff.

How can i change to another one without offending him directly?

sunshine2906

My coordinator is Alina. She's quite ok I think. I can email you her contact if you want. Crown Plazs having wedding show soon I think... maybe got better perks then

jovaine00

Hi Valerie, if u keen to sign up, go down to their wedding show. Better perks definitely. And go down early in case ur date is booked by others.

My coordinator is Alina too.

jovaine00

Hi Gzer, I have no idea leh, but last yr wedding show was in April & Sept respectively.

Maybe u can look out for it in bridal mags.

belovedbecky

Hi everyone
happy.gif

I'm having my wedding (lunch buffet) at CP too
happy.gif
6 oct 2012

As of now, only venue confirmed. Haven decided on Bridal package... Considering Z Weddings..

raneejuanjuan

Hi rebecca, I hv a friend who got e same name n surname
happy.gif
6 oct this yr, u should book ur bridal n etc.. Should also start to choose gown n plan for photoshoot too..
happy.gif

blur_blur1986

Hi.. anyone have book their banquet with crowne plaza? if yes.. is there anyone to intro instead of michelle torino. she really takes days to reply me on the appt of site visit. till now still havent receive any news from her.

gonejx

can email me at [email protected] on the perks you all get from CP. Any reviews on the ballroom/food??

I heard mixed response on the food served.. Some say it is gd while others say it is cold.

Please advise

gzer

HI> any one have buffet lunch in APRIL OR MAY, JUNE? wish to have a site visit.. cos still deciding between banquet and buffet.. is the buffet there good by the way?

Hi anyone can advise how much extra to pay for having additional poolside ROM? I'm planning to do my banquet there but not sure if I should combine the ROM.

Hi Angeline_Tan, could you let me know what are the additional perks to sign during wedding showcase, pls?
happy.gif

Hi, I've just been to crowne plaza myself and checked out the following:
ROM @ poolside - additional $600++
ROM @ garden - additional $400++
For indoor function room, it comes free. And for outdoor functions, you have to top up some more if you want audio system for your guests to hear the JOP or you saying your wedding vows...

Deliberating between this and Fairmont... but likely will wait till either wedding shows to enjoy the perks since HTB and myself do not have any issues with dates.

wennychan

Hi all, I have a dinner package on 22/6/13 that I have to let go as we are considering other venues instead.

I have paid $5000 for the deposit for a 20 tables dinner of $1098 NETT/table.

The package includes

8 course dinner
Pre-tasting dinner for 10 people
Unlimited soft drinks, mixers and tea
UNLIMITED BEER
One wine/table + ADDITIONAL 24 BOTTLES OF WINE
Corkage waived for hard liquor/wine
Champagne fountain
Floral decoration
Free usuage of sound system/LCD screen/etc
TWO NIGHTS STAY in BRIDAL SUITE
$50 in room dining voucher

I am willing to let go at only $4000! (which is a super good deal) so get all that perks and saved $1000 extra! (which technically means you only pay $1048 NETT per table)

EMAIL ME at [email protected] or call me at 97296140

ykie

Hi everyone, 

I am a 2014 BTB and am considering the following 4 hotels: 

1) Conrad 
2) Grand Hyatt The Gallery 
3) Four Seasons 
4) Crowne Plaza Hotel (I haven't seen the ballroom yet) 

So far, I have only seen the ballrooms except for crowne.. Haven't met the sales manager yet. 

As I will only have around 20 tables, which venue u think will be most suitable for a luncheon and why? 

Appreciate your views on this. Also, any recommended coordinator or sales manager for the 4 hotels, are most welcome as well
happy.gif

In addition,  any idea when are the wedding shows for these hotels and how many wedding shows a year as I know some hotels have 2 shows a year and some only do it once in a few years. 

Thanks in adv for your advice!

Ykie

belovedbecky

Time flies
happy.gif

I'm going for Finalization & Food Tasting next week and my lunch buffet wedding will be in about 1 1/2 mths time!

Just wondering if those that did a buffet lunch can share some of your experiences and anything we should take note?

Alina is very helpful and prompt in replying our queries.

Ohyea, and in the end, i chose Z weddings for my Prewedding photoshoot n AD gown and MUA.

hi people, is there any reviews on any of their particular dish for their wedding lunch? As there is no free food tasting, would greatly appreciate if people can contribute some reviews on their food
happy.gif
thank you!!

charmaiin

Hi all the BTBs!

I have a dinner package on 12 October 2013 that I have to let go as we are considering other venues instead.

I have paid $5000 for the deposit for a 20 tables dinner of $1098 NETT/table.

The package includes

8 course dinner
Pre-tasting dinner for 10 people
Unlimited soft drinks, mixers and tea
UNLIMITED BEER
One wine/table + ADDITIONAL 24 BOTTLES OF WINE
Corkage waived for hard liquor/wine
Champagne fountain
Floral decoration
Free usuage of sound system/LCD screen/etc
TWO NIGHTS STAY in BRIDAL SUITE
$50 in room dining voucher

Willing to let go at only $4000 (negotiable too)! (which is a super good deal) so get all that perks and saved $1000 extra! (which means you only pay $1048 NETT per table)

EMAIL ME at [email protected] or whatsapp me at 96675764

jovaine00

Hi all BTBS! I've finished my wedding banquet w CP.

All I can say is CP Mgmt is gd. Banquet manager, coordinator & helpers v prompt & gd crisis mgmt, clear instructions. Food is nice, as nice as my food tasting.

Guests complimented on food ambience & Svc. I'm thankful I chose CP!

momo_g

Hey Jasmine!

Am interested to hold my banquet at crowne plaza too...can I know, whether photos of the event turned out nice? Was wondering because the photos I've found online all looked a bit harsh, like the venue had white lighting.. Could you email me a few, if you don't mind? [email protected]

Further, what were your guests comments on the location (esp those not staying in the east!!)

jovaine00

Hey Emmie, I haven't collect my photos yet. But posted my morn highlights with a few seconds of my 1st march in & few photos snap by hp in my fb. Overall the photos turn out ok leh.

My guests have no complains so far, I've literally follow up like 90% of them aft my wedding..Lol. Most of them like the ambience, v classy ballroom & theme & they praised abt the hotel coordination & Svc. Food wise was gd, most of them told me the dishes were unique, something they nv had in other hotels. Only quite a few told me the fish was not fresh while the rest rave abt it. So I think diff taste ba.

Those staying in the west took EW line straight to Tanah merah & change to airport line. So it was direct & convenient too.

When's ur AD? Having lunch or dinner?