Choa Chu Kang Cresent / Yew Tee

kas

Morning everybody! Having mid-week blues today. How's everyone today?

hi Ann, wow, your kitchen cabinet also quite expensive leh. Actually my ID quoted me ard $1600 for my corian top. So still quite ok. But if i want to put a stainless steel backing for the cabinet, that will cost additional $750 which will bring the entire cost to $6000. Very tempted cos the overall look is very nice, but really abit off my budget. Sigh...

hi Cow, don't worry. Think the sliding shower door should be quite ok. My colleague did that & she said it's not that bad. She's staying in Punggol which i tink also has a small toilet. As for the washing machine, i am putting in the far end of the kitchen. That's why i am going for L-shaped kitchen cabinet to cater for this space.

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">kas,</FONT>

kitchen cabinet will depend on the length and material.. so maybe easier to compare if u state
- total length of ur cabinet(our L-shape maybe diff)
- cost pfr
- whether bottom only or top and bottom
- material used.... etc..

cos using postform will be more expensive than laminate, and solid surface top will be more expensive than postform..

for me, currently decide only to do the bottom L-shape cabinet (abt 20ft). quotation we got was - cabinet in postform : $3,060 ($116 pfr), solid surface top : $1890 ($105 pfr), so total abt $4,950.

angelia

checked the alamac last nite and got these few dates which states that it's auspicious to "dong tu"...

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">27/07(Sat), 28/07(Sun), 30/07(Tue), 02/08(Fri), 03/08(Sat), 04/08(Sun)</FONT>

dates NOT auspicious to "dong tu"...

<FONT COLOR="119911">26/07(Fri), 07/08(Wed), 08/08(Thu)</FONT>

alex

Hi Kas,

Do agree with Angelia (Ng) that need to compare psf.

As per Ann mentioned it is true that usually Kitchen is the most expensive stuff... Most of all how often we use it is not known yet...

My Total Cabinet (L shap from wall to wall) Top and bottom cost me about only $3880 (21ft) - $125/sf.

Solid surface is $1200 (13ft) - $92.31/sf

Total about - $5080 (excluding Hood, hob, sink, taps, sliding door, ext..)

Think next few months must eat bread... heee...

kas

ok, here are the measurements for my kitchen. Are the costs reasonable cos really not sure how to read this?

Top L3000xD350xH900 laminate finish &amp;
Bottom L4100xD600xH860 Venner finish = $3480

Corian solid top L4100xD600xH80 = $1650
Stainless steel backing L3000xH600 = $750

Alex, me too. Plus spending so much on customary wedding, think i very broke for the next 2 years. Sigh...
sad.gif

ann

Hello,

Looks like we are all having 'kitchen blues'.

My L shape is 2.3m by 1.8m. The washing machine come in after the 1.8m. If this means anything at all...haha..

As of this morning, my kitchen wall has come tumbling down. Will be erecting it inner so as to have a bigger dining area. My balcony wall/sliding doors have also come tumbling down. Incorporating balcony area as part of living room.

I have also bought most of my major furniture. Just waiting to be delivered when hse is ready.

D

discrete

HI everyone! I've just gotten my keys abt 3 weeks ago for this area. Now in the midst of hunting for renovators...Just need to hear if anyone has heard of 'Under One Roof Design And Contracts' at IMM, and any comments abt them. Thanks.

alex

Hi Discrete,

Welcome to this area... Seems like more neighbor is coming...

May I know which block did you get.

Many of us is either in the mids of renovation or sourcing for renovators, I have heard of "Under One Roof Design and Contracts" but no comments about them. Maybe some of us here might be able to give some comments.

D

discrete

Hi Angelia, HI Alex...
Yeah, also from WIS... Quite surprised that there are so many people from forum who are going to live in this area
happy.gif

I got my keys not too long ago and since then, have been spending my weekends at IMM. But Im not in a hurry to renovate before the 7th mth, maybe in mid sept...so still got some time to scout around for renovators.

alex

Hi Discrete,

Actually, from RFS scheme... a few weeks before the first WIS...

Saw HDB website that all the 4 rooms in CCK has been taken up but still got plenty for 5 rooms and above... Hope more neighbors to come...

ann

Hey all,

What a bz week! Went to check up on the progress of my place yesterday. My new kitchen wall has been erected so can see the space for the dining table now. The piping and wiring for the light box and the lites are also done. The aircon piping has also been completed.

Received the schedule for the reno works. Mine will finish in end Sep.

Any updates form u all?

Hi Discrete,

Welcome welcome...

Hi cow,

Think Pergo has establish its name here liao
happy.gif

kas

hello all!! Why so quiet leh?

I have just confirmed my ID &amp; will be starting reno soon. So excited!! Btw, anyone went to Ikea sale? Any good buys? Thinking of going down but the weekend crowd seem very scary leh!
uhoh.gif

mag

Hey Paul

Which unit is yours?
Thinking of buying your block.. Any advices you can offer? Thanks in advance

mag

Hi all

Anybody staying in 683A as well? Can advise on the pros n cons of that building or environment there please?

alex

Hi mag,

Just for your infor that all the 4 rooms units in CCKC has been fully occupied. For 5 rooms units in 683A still have about 40 units available as of today. You might want to find out more information at HDB website.

Hope this information helps.

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi all,</FONT>

did i mention our contractor going to "kai gong" this Sunday?!

now... really going to get busy.. gotta source for lightings and toilet accessories liao.... jia-lat...

those who've bought lightings, suggestions and warnings pls...

mag

Thanks Alex!

Still having some doubts as I think some units left which I like will have sun shining in during sunset... and heard that it's near the chicken farm...: P

wandererevo

hi Angelia,

For lightings, I would suggest Emphasis Lighting Pte Ltd, this shop is situated at The Plaze at beach road. Altough their lights are rather X, but design are unique, different from most lighting shops.

Hi all,

I've jus moved into Blk 688C. Nice meeting all of u. Happy Scouting and Renov.

alex

Hi Angelia,

I just brought my lightings at "The best Light Shop" at Balestier. Is about 30% to 40% cheaper for the same model which I saw from other shops there. However they have not delivery the goods yet, so no comments on quality. Hope no problem leh...

Hi wandererevo,

Welcom... welcome... to CCKC. Hope more neighbors to come.

So far how is your place?

Hi Mag,

There are still many good 5 rm units and above available in CCKC.

During the period when I select my unit, I went there look see look see for a few days before I select. I found out that those units facing directly south generally will not hit morning or evening sun directly. However Scenery will not be as good as those facing directly north…

According to my housing agent who is currently helping me to market my present house, he mentioned that in certain of the year the sun will only have 10 degree different in direction.

Maybe you might want to spend this weekend to check out morning, afternoon and evening sun of certain blocks in CCKC. Generally speaking that Wind, Scenery, shops is consider good compare to the rest of the new town. Personally I only find transport (especially driving) might be a problem.

ann

Hey kas,

Ikea is scary on the weekends huh? Try week nites, if possible. Better to shop around.

Hi angelia,

Got mine from Thomson Light Shop at IMM. Quite nice designs. Think the shop is quite reasonable. Maybe u can go all 3 places suggested by me, Alex &amp; Wandererevo
happy.gif
Haha..
Good time to shop for stuff for the hse.

wandererevo

Hi Alex,

Thanks. CCKC is a nice and quiet place hope this can attract more young couples to move in. Furthermore, there are a few nice shopping malls ard the corner(West Mall, LOT 1 and Northpoint).

Well....my house is done by Omega Design at IMM. I'm satisfied with their workmanship and services. Basically my house concept is minimalist, not a lot of built-in.

help

Hi Alex,

could you give me the exact URL of the HDB website where yoy saw the available units? I went to the website but can't find the info.

Thanks.

alex

Hi help,

You might want to visit the website stated below. Just look at the column on the right. It stated availability of flats selection. From there you will be able to check the availability of flats from the WIS area.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg

Hope this information helps.

lyn

wandererevo

I'm staying 3 floors above you - on the 16th. I've been staying there for exactly a year already. You just shifted in?

lyn

Hi wandererevo

The nearest will be the one at CCK Sports Complex located at CCK North 5. If you drive, it just takes 5 mins. If not, I think you've got to take 302 out and change to 307.

cychang

hi wandererevo....

can i have your quotation from omega...??? i went to them but they never got back to me...
my email is [email protected]...
i having almost the same theme as you but i'm having an all white concept with contemporary minimalist feature plus sharp refine cut...

i see that you have completed your renovation and moved in...if possible (if you have) i can have a look at any photos you have taken on your place...

thanks...

paul...

i'm at 683A...i like it as it is facing a patch of land with mindef is building a camp...so no high building block and i quite windy...

wandererevo

Hi Ann,

Is a good suggestion. IF u're organising it, i'm willing to help.
happy.gif

Hi cychang,

No problem. I'll scan my pics then send it to u.

doraelin

Hi all!
wah.. din come in to check out your msgs for some time, so pleasantly surprised to see this amount of bustle here
proud.gif

Alex,

mine also 5-rm, but not really high floor.. So from what I read, your reno is kinda almost half-done? You engaged El-Fa rite? how's everything so far?

wandererevo,

can i also have your quotation from Omega Design for reference as well pls? and the pics of your home too (if its ok for u)?
biggrin.gif
my email: [email protected]

mi &amp; bf wanted to go tok to them last time, but all the designers were occupied, so we went to next door Spacious Concepts instead. The designer we tok to gave us quite an ok impression. Anyone heard abt them? gd/bad? they also hdbay listed leh (like omega)

now mi &amp; bf are in dilemna.. to get general contractor - who can quote us considerably lower prices, but are not really into design (geee, u noe wat i mean
uhoh.gif
); or to get ID firms with creative, up-to-date designers who generally spare no effort to over-stretch your budget?

wonder if any of u faced this problem when you r making your choice?
happy.gif

I'd really welcome emails from any of u who may be interested to share info on ID firm sourcing, quotations and everything else abt reno!

Take care, everybody!

wandererevo

HI Doraelin,

Sure. However, i am currently not in town. Can u ask cychang to forward u the pics and quotation.

Hi Cychang,

do u mind forwarding the pics to her.

thanks.

alex

Hi Doraelin,

Yes, I am engaging El-Fa... So far it is less than 1/4 done becuase of the Delay in Town council rectification work and cement screeding. Only last week completed.

Last week have started all the ceiling work and so far quite please with their work. Last weekend finally we are free (quite busy with work last few weeks) to go for selection of tiles. However the Living/Dinning floor tiles we wanted, (60 x 60) compressed marble will only be available 3~4 weeks later (Currently still on the shipment from Italy). Unless if we are able to compromise to have another size (30 x 60).

So far the design El-fa show in the prospective drawing looks ok for us. Quite satisfy and only minor changes need to be done.

At this moment could not much comment. Interested in them?

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">wandererrevo,</FONT>
i oso wanna see leh.. pls send me can? [email protected]

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Ann,</FONT>
hey, hey, if u wanna "open hse" i sure turn up.. maybe can hv breakfast at ur place, then lunch at <FONT COLOR="ff6000">wandererrevo's</FONT>, teabreak at <FONT COLOR="ff6000">Sweetiee's</FONT> and dinner at <FONT COLOR="ff6000">Lyn's</FONT>...
rofl.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Doraelin,</FONT>
initially we were like u, dunno to go to ID or contractors.. hence we went to a few "contractors with ID" and see what they ideas they hv, and the kind of quotation they give us, at the same time oso flip thru mags lah... after a few rounds, we decided to go for contractor, since there's not much things we want to do.. (and also becos we dun hv that much budget lah).
happy.gif

i juz "hoi gong" yesterday.. then went to select tiles.. after that went IMM to see lightings, but din see any we like.. prob going Jln Besar to check out this evening..

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Alex,</FONT>
no lah, i scared supper too late, will grow fat..
biggrin.gif

anyway, even got supper oso at ur place lah.. cos ur place prob will be ready before mine.. kekeke
rofl.gif

sweetiee

hi Angelia,

hey hey hey... so long never come in here and someone is actually initiating tea break at my place??!? Very good huh?
biggrin.gif

BTW think we saw your hubby at IMM yesterday leh... I think it's him... we were rushing for a dinner so we din call him... were you there as well?
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">sweetiee,</FONT>
yup, we were there at IMM leh..ard 4/5+pm till 8+pm. sourcing ard for sink, face basin, tap, hood and hob, etc...

i bump into an ex-colleagues as well.. lucky she called me.. cos we saw too many lightings till my eyes blur blur liao...
crazy.gif

sweetiee

hi angelia,

Ha I see! But I only saw kwek leh, never see you...
happy.gif
Near the 3rd floor food court.
happy.gif

Yup, looking at lightings is very very tiring... we've been thru' that... Neck was aching at the end of the day...

alex

Hi Angelia,

Does your contractor offer to buy the items you mentioned? If they do, you might have 5 to 15% discount from the price they offer in the market. Although they might gain some benefit from it but over it is both party that benefit.

This is what I do to get some overall discount. I source ard and submit the list to my ID. Heee... KS right??....

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Alex,</FONT>
dunno leh, he nvr mention.. anyway, we also din see any we like..

last evening walked along the whole stretch of jln besar (until lavendar !!) and see until eyes see stars and neck aching, but still din manage to see any lightings we like... hiaz...

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Sweetiee</FONT>
oh, u saw him sitting or standing? maybe looking for seats!! we each stood at one corner and wait.. KS hor?!!

btw, i quite like ur living room light.. can share where u got it?

alex

Hi Angelia,

Wow... didn't know that your expectation also so high one... have you try Balestier Area? For us, only after 2 rounds in Balestier and 2 rounds in IMM than we confirm the lightings. As KS too... heee...

sweetiee

hi Angelia,

He was standing... yup, guess he was busy looking for seats...
happy.gif

I think me and hubby not as hardworking as you and Alex. We went to just one lighting shop and settle everything in the same evening... ha ha ha... too lazy to scout around! We got our lights from Balestier Lighing... They've a branch few doors away called Eurolux if I'm not wrong and the range there are imported European lightings and more ex... we couldn't afford them. We bought the MIT (made in Taiwan) ones and all cheap cheap...
lame.gif
no choice. Budget constraint. I find the ones at IMM too ex. Actually you got to try to narrow down the choice and visualise a particular lighting at your own place (be it the hall, dining or rooms)... if you look at a few pieces at the same time, you'll bound to get headaches...
crazy.gif

Alex, hee, "only" after 2 rounds... we just had 1 round at 1 shop! That's it... very good hor.
biggrin.gif

By the way, the other Angelia (think Angelia Wong) might pop by my place on National day during the late afternoon... anyone of you interested?? Thot perhaps we can meet up for tea!
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Sweetiee,</FONT>
thanks.. guess i shld go Balestier instead of Jln Besar.. are they near, actually.. me dunno Singapore that well..

kekeke... National Day i very free... ON!! let me know roughly what time.. u hv my mobile no. rite??

<FONT COLOR="ff6000">Alex,</FONT> u oso come along with ur girl girl lah.. i tok to u b4, but nvr see ur "lu shan zhen mian mu" leh.. very curious.. \biggrin

anyone else interested?! <FONT COLOR="ff6000">Ann</FONT> ??

sweetiee

hi Angelia,

Balestier has many lighting shops... erm, it's not that far from Jln Besar but not that near too...

Angie said she'll give me a call when she comes... probably around 5 plus... Actually I will have a mini housewarming that afternoon and will end at 4 pm so I told her after 4 is a good time... maybe 5 pm? Do help me to 'coordinate' ok... should anyone else is interested... in case I dun check this thread so often and you've my address and hp no.
happy.gif
Just drop me a sms if anyone else is coming.

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Sweetiee,</FONT>
sure, no problem..

so, anyone interested to go <FONT COLOR="ff6000">Sweetiee's</FONT> place on National Day, kindly post ur email here....
happy.gif