Choa Chu Kang Cresent / Yew Tee

sweetiee

hi Angie,

Oh you know the canal that separates CCKC and Sungei Kadut?? If you come to behind my blk... 686C and even 686B... you can see. The end of CCKC where there's no more flats... just the canal. Can see the MRT track too.
happy.gif

I used to jog a lot too but now I cannot lah... hee...

I'll drop you an email soon... perhaps we can talk more on email... and let me know when you'll be there. Can visit each other.
happy.gif

piggy

hi all,

Piggy again..

hmmm..nids at least 32 tables lor....where do u suggest huh, Sweetie?...

cant jog...hmmm....pregnant huh?.....kekeke...

ur block is 686C?...near my place?..my block is juz in front of Unity Pri......684A....me really nid a lot of exploring to do man...cos i have been living in the east since my birth.......but looking forward to the new adjustment with my honey...kekeke....

piggy

hey, Sweetie...

Juz went thru the thread abt White Space Living...saw you in there...Do u still have their quotation?.....can i have a look, juz for reference....

Are they really good?...i am attracted by that they are good in simple and contemporary design which both my FH and I prefer......

thks again!

ann

Hi Alex,

Just 3 small sliding panels for the shower area in the common toilet (that one is smaller than the master toilet). I happened to see it at one of the shops at IMM. Think it is abt 30cm per panel and it would be jus rite for the common toilet.

Looks like we were lucky to bring our "constrution industry" pple to look see the place.

Hi Kas,

I love the idea of having an island in the middle of the kitchen. The L part is for the sink, rite?
That was my initial plan too. Thot keep washing machine behind and hanging clothes. However, it may take up a lot of space. I insisted on that concept but dropped it over the weekend becos I realised it cuts the kitchen and makes it even smaller.

sweetiee

hi Piggy,

Oh ya, then I guess your blk is quite near mine too... mine is right at the end. Next to the multi-storey carpark.
happy.gif

Hee... abt the part on can't jog... you're right lah.. so smart.
happy.gif

I've always been a westerner (stays in west zone) whole part of my life... so I'm very used to staying in this part of Singapore.
happy.gif
You'll like it soon...
happy.gif

About the banquet thingy... you've any budget in mind?? There're quite a couple of choices... Sorry, when you're going to have your dinner again?

As for the quote from Whitespace, I need to go check... I believe I still have it but dunno where leh... will let you know if I find it.
happy.gif

piggy

Congratulations, Sweetie!..first child?..

ya, hope i can adjust to it soon...

hmmm, budget wise...ard $500-600 lor...nice food..ok ambience can liao....it will be next Oct...Lunar nineth month....

i got another in mind...anyone went to "Dragon Gate" @ WTC before?...any comments?..its package quite comprehensive le.....free flow of beer, no GST & svc chrgs, seat covers included, etc...

ok, thks in advance, Sweetie!

lyn

Hi Piggy

I just attended a dinner at Dragon Gate last weekend. I find the food not bad and serving is sufficient. Seat covers were provided but it looked a bit old and dirty.

Hi Sweetiee

I read in another thread that you used to live in Jurong East b4 you were married. Me too! Which part did you stay at? Seems like we have quite a lot in common!
happy.gif

sweetiee

Hi Piggy,

Hee... thanks!
happy.gif
Yup, first child. Hiyo. Of course lah... I just got married in Jan. Hee...
happy.gif

Actually how abt Noble House? The food there is not bad too. Had attended 2 weddings there and find them not bad. The only setback is the location... not really that accessible... Can check out the tunglok website for more details. www.tunglok.com
happy.gif

Hi Lyn,

Ahh!!!! Really?!
happy.gif
Yup, my parents' place is at JE st 31. near Jurong Primary School and the polyclinic. One of those blks next to the canal. Looks like I like to be near the canal... kekkeke... so interesting. We should meet up one of these days.
happy.gif
BTW I'm going to have a girl too! So happy.
happy.gif

lyn

Hi Sweetiee

Oh, I was staying at St 13. Yup, I was feeling very happy for you when I read that you are having a girl girl! Somehow, I very much prefer girls and hope to have 1 or 2 more daughters.
crazy.gif

piggy

Hi Lyn!

thks for the info. Will take note! wow..all girls ar?...ur MIL dun mind??...

Hi Sweetie!

ya, i know Noble House is good..but a few of my relatives have theirs there..became too common for my family liao..always going there. shld ask them for a VIP card if i m goin there. Ask the whole clan to hold dinner there....kekekeke...

Baby girl!...can doll her up...good good...kekeke...

my FH got hint hint to me that it's better for me to have the first child to be a boy..."told" him off...as if i can control like that..."QC" is actually at his side wat...kekeke..

lyn

Hi Piggy

My in-laws are very open and have told us that girl or boy, they don't mind. And like what you've said, "QC" is on their son's side!
lol.gif

sweetiee

Hi Lyn & Piggy,

Sorry, was rushing off for a meeting on fri so cannot reply until now...
happy.gif

Lyn, so you were staying near to JE central last time.
happy.gif
Hee, I know you'll be happy for me. Somehow I'm very excited... my mum is happy too. As for my in laws, they're quite ok too lah... Anyway, it's not up to them to decide what...;p

BTW I finally met my neighbour staying opp us. The last time when we met them was when we first got our keys... They're also a young couple and have a daughter of 1.5 year old too. Hee...
happy.gif

Hi Piggy,

I forgot to tell you that I've been to Dragon Gate before and the food is not bad.
happy.gif

How abt Imperium chinese dining? By Tung Lok too. At ngee ann city so quite convenient. But quite expensive for a restaurant. Or how abt the Tunlok restaurant at New Otani? Hee... I'm a typical Tunglok fan...
crazy.gif

BTW I had my wedding at Orchard parade hotel ballroom and the food was by Club Chinois... everyone enjoyed it a lot. But too bad the ballroom can only accomodate up to 30.

piggy

Hi lyn & Sweetie!

It's a fresh new week again...went to our new flat yesterday liao...finally...after a long wait from Mon when we collected the keys....v happy with the flat.....din expected it to be so windy!...except for some defects found la...some hairline cracks on toilet's wall tiles and some spalling walls (not sure its the correct term)...some pieces of the wall falling down lor...but not a big area la...will be calling the town council....

ya, think my FILs oso quite chin-chay one...but they hope lor....anyway, this is fate kind of thing ma..

ya, heard that Orchard Parade not bad.....30 oni ar....hmmm....anyway, thks, Sweetie!......will be goin ard and ask somemore.....kekekeke......

sweetiee

hi Piggy,

Hee... excited right... finally see your new flat...
happy.gif
Actually the last time we also din spot any defects... or maybe we too chin-chay...
happy.gif

Ya, OPH ballroom can accomodate up to 30 only. In fact anything more than 26 I find quite cramped already. But I ever saw a couple had 33 tables... think they requested to squeeze in... But very squeezy, think the couple cannot move around probably.

lyn

Hi Sweetiee & Piggy

We also didn't spot any defects in our flat.

Hmmm...how come both of u say ur flats are so windy???!!! Mine is not windy leh, unless I keep my main door open which we don't.

sweetiee

Hi Lyn,

Oh actually I think the wind direction will change. For the 2nd quarter of the year, my flat is quite windy. My neighbour told me when I invited them to come to my place to take a look. They said that for the earlier half of the year their side is more windy (they're facing the JB side) and now it's getting stuffy.

piggy

ya, i oso think so le...when i was there in May to look ard...dun feel the wind le...

my FILs were v impressed with the "breeze" yesterday...keke...

called the branch office...have to leave our keys with them first, or else hv to fix a appointment, then wait for them to open the door for them....but we din list down the defects detailedly le....think hv to make another trip down....too excited yesterday liao....keke....

the door to shelter so solid one ar...metal one le...but dun look nice le..like a vault like that.....any of u gals had "cover" it???.....

lyn

Morning Sweetiee!

Hey, this morning when I was driving past the bus-stop at your block, I saw a pregnant lady in a pink maternity dress. Wonder if that was you?

sweetiee

hi Lyn,

No leh... I haven't got any pink maternity dress... keekkeeke... Not a pinky person...
crazy.gif
And my hubby normally drops me off at the MRT station.
happy.gif
So watch out for me whenever you pass by the bus stop opp the MRT station! Hee...
biggrin.gif

alex

Hi Dear All,

Currently trying out different route of travel to and fro between CCK and Town.

Need someone advice which is the "shortest" or "fastest" route to drive from (CCK to Town in the morning) and from (Town to CCK in the evening)? Take into consideration avoiding traffic Jam...

Thanks in advance.

doraelin

Hey pple,

So glad I found this forum, and added bonus - this thread! My bf and I will be getting our keys to our cck cres flat next week. ours' is blk 692B. quite a few of u will be my neighbours ya?
happy.gif

right now, both me and bf are still blur blur abt reno stuff.. been to a few ID/contractor firms, but get a feeling that some of them want to "KAR" us leh. or perhaps we have too many specs liao. :p

i still haven't finish reading all the msgs in this thread (too many liao.. getting all confused with who's staying where...etc.) *_*

really look forward to befriending you all!
happy.gif

ann

Hi doraelin,

I am at Blk 690B. Rather close
happy.gif

Welcome welcome
happy.gif

Hi Alex,

It is impossible to avoid the jam in the morning.
I usually take KJE/BKE/PIE/Stevens Rd Exit (assuming Orchard rd is your destination in Town).

An alternative wld be KJE/BKE/PIE/Eng Neo Ave Exit leading to Upp Bukit Timah to Dunearn Rd. An extra ERP gantry though.

In the evening, I wld go either go by Bideford Rd leading to CTE but turn at Clemenceau North and pass Newton Circus to hit Upp Bukit Timah again.

The other alternative is to go by the "back road" of Orchard and turn right at Wheelock Place and all the way down Stevens Rd and then turn off to Upp Bukit Timah again.

A bit complicated huh...

alex

Hi Doraelin,

Welcome... Welcome... me too at 692B. Finally got someone same blk as mine... yeehhhhh...

Mine is 5-room at high floor, how about yours?

Some of us also blur blur about reno... Quite a few seniors here able to advice us...
Hi Ann,

Thanks for your infor...

I am thinking of using the following in the morning and opposite in the evening:\

1) CCK rd/way - Bukit batok Rd - PIE - Clementi Ave 6th - AYE - Town (Shenton Way)

Or

2) Use woodland to Bukit Timah and than carry on from there

I think there are more traffic lights but maybe less traffic. Try before??

Hi All,

Just a usual constant update of indiviual blk unit:\

1)regenite - regent grove
2)bluz - 684B
3)lifetime / Sweetiee - 686C
4)Lyn - 688C
5)Ann - 690B
6)damnjian - 691B
7)cychang (Paul) - 683A
8)kas - 690C
9)Piggy - 684A
10)Doraelin - 692B
11)Angelia Wong (Angie) - 685B
12)Angelia Ng- 692A
13)Alex - 692B

Hope I did not miss anyone out...

Hope more neighbours will be joining this discussion...

ann

Hi Alex,

Tried before...AYE heavy traffic and heavy vehicles. But that wld be more ideal for Shenton Way.

Maybe u can try both routes and see how it goes.

Morning traffic is a headache
happy.gif

Are u starting ur reno soon?

Starting mine on Monday.

alex

Hi Ann,

Hiya... i thought it is better method but... Will try more routes.

I also hope to start on Monday (Good day)... but ID can't take over due to defect rectification and cement screed not completed leh...
They need to apply permit right. is it true that this will delay...

charming_tail

Hi: Just bought a EA at yew tee (blk 559). Anybody staying at this block?

Vio and cychang: Would like to know how is simply 99, like their recent balinese design. Thinking of engaging them.

cychang

hi charming_tail...

i'll be meeting one of their project leader (lenus) this evening to see the color drawings (layout & perpective) and revised quotation (after he went to my flat last week)...

as i rushing to get work done before 09/08/2002 (before 7th month) and i'll be away from singapore till end of the month...it will be kinda rush for me to decide...

can i know who did you deal with...???

i got to know them through the exhibition back in june and put a deposit of 300 to have the discount package then...overall i can say lenus is quite a good chap...he is more to the project management type as he have a group of design to work with...

i couldn't comment much before this evening and will update you tomorrow...

but i can say that their quote is very competitive...not on the high side as i have compare with those in IMM...i have approached quite a few of those in IMM but none of them got back to me...anyway i got to know from my friends that those in IMM are on the high range side...

maybe you can drop me your quotation for me to have a look and i'll get back to you personally...

you can mail me at [email protected]

paul

alex

Hi charming_tail,

Welcome to CCK...

Hi Ann,

Yeeehhhh... Finally able to start work this coming Monday... but will only start off with ceiling/electrical/aircon work only. The rest especially wet work, might have to wait for that "Town Council" to complete rectification work and laying of cement screed... very slow hor...

Looking forward to move in soon...

ann

Hi Alex,

Better slow and good than a rush job and more problems later.

Think HDB will take about 2 weeks to do up the cement screed. They shd have done it in the first place. All of us wld definitely in a way need the cement screed before doing any of our flooring. Saves us new owners more time than to wait.

Hi charming_tail,

Think you got yourself one of the bigger EAs in CCK. Welcome!

alex

Hi All,

Wow... yesterday went to balestier Rd to see lighting. Almost head big big already... So many lighting until dun know which one to choose. Have target a few in mind but will try to expose to more choices...

Anyone here have any idea where are all the cheap shops are located...

Need someone advise how much does it cost for a PLC light "set", round type with cover glass and Die cast (not sure spelling) material cost. I think it should be either 14W or 18W type...

D

damnjian

Hi all,

I'm so happy that there are so many neighbours in CCK.My reno will start on 5 Aug...just b4 the Ghost month.Can't wait to see my aquarium set-up

ann

Hey all,

Reno at my place has officially started today. Finally...
happy.gif

Hey Alex,

Try Thomson at IMM. I have scouted Balestier & IMM. This shop has some rather different and nice designs. The prices here are also reasonable. It happens too that they are having a sale now. May wish to try.

Hi diamjian,

What sort of aquarium set-up are you having. Maybe can share. My hubby plans to have one. Thot of surprising him with a nice one
happy.gif

alex

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your information. I have visited Thomson light last Sat. Like one of their down light. I have also book a dinning light at Balestier. Now still scouting for Living light and the rest of the bedroom light cum kitchen and toilet light... See too many light will get Head big big, and eye blur blur...

Sunday went to my unit to check again. Quite disappointed with Town Council. Those crack tiles they only use white cement to cover it instead of changing it. Worst of all during rectification they have caused more damage to my main doors. More chip offs, cracks, and pin holes could be seen... Urh... Quite disappointed with them...

Hope your unit still ok...

kas

here!!here!!! (^_^)

Sigh...another boring monday. How's everyone weekend? Mine was a lazy one. Decide to give myself a break from the reno stuff for one sunday. Now must buck up from the slack.
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi all,</FONT>
me reporting!! okie, juz a quick one..

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Alex,</FONT>
sorry, was on leave last Fri cos Sat PS. today came back a lot of things to clear.. hope u've settled ur lightings issue. will get back to u later okie?!

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Ann, Alex,</FONT>
happy for u.. reno starts today. yesterday went to meet Henry from Impress21 again, hubby says 99.9999% engaging him. will do away with ID firm since we only doing bare minimum. i was hoping can be in time to "kai gong" on thur. if can't, then anyday b4 lunar 7th mth lor.

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">damnjian,</FONT>
did u check for auspicious date to start reno or juz any day b4 lunar 7th mth? my mum says no need to see date oso, but i KS lah..

that's all for now.. will update u later.. and on my PS as well...

piggy

hi all,

Piggy here! Wow, so many msgs liao ar..me and my FH went to the latest exhibition at Expo...spent four hours, oni able to listen to two of the ID companies...Anyone heard of Unimax Creative?.....the boss damn young le...oni 30 yo...but quite pleased with the ID for wat she laid out for us...helping us to cut costs here and there..and understanding us as a young couple...

how come guys all wana have a aquarium huh?..my FH oso thinking of having one..i said ok, provided he maintains it himself...kekeke...

it seems that CCKC/YT are getting more "re4 nao4" liao.....good good!

D

damnjian

Hi Ann,
My intention is to have a custom-made furniture with aquarium built-in.You can contact Amblin Design,they have special bio-filter that requires only chaning the water once every 3 months.

Hi angelia,
I not very KS...told by the contractor to start b4 the 7th month and to start some praying b4 work start.

Hi piggy,
There are many young contractors nowadays who are bosses...mine also very young...better communication.Hee...aquarium very therapeutic..having one will make my home looks great.

ann

Hi Alex,

Oh dear, so will they be changing the main door for u?

Hi Angelia,

Long time no hear
happy.gif

Hi diamjian,

Tks for the info...

Just an update :

Got my lights for the whole hse. Spent abt $1500 less the downs for the light box.

If any of u are interested in table runners, there are nice ones at Lim's art &amp; Living at Holland V.

Presently scouting for study table and book shelves.

alex

Hi Ann,

Ya Lor... So bad. They mentioned to batch back using some kind of special cement and re-paint it. Else will hold a join inspection with Town Council's Project Manager and their contractor's project manager together with both parties clerk-of-work... Quite "Kua Zhang" like "Wa Yang" Heeee....

Hi Cow,

Are you staying in 690A? Don't think at this moment anyone is living in 690A. Maybe more neighbors to come...

At this moment the latest update is as follows:\

1)regenite - regent grove
2)bluz - 684B
3)lifetime / Sweetiee - 686C
4)Lyn - 688C
5)Ann - 690B
6)damnjian - 691B
7)cychang (Paul) - 683A
8)kas - 690C
9)Piggy - 684A
10)Doraelin - 692B
11)charming_tail - 559
12)Angelia Wong (Angie) - 685B
13)Angelia Ng- 692A
14)Alex - 692B
15)Cow - 690A (not confirm, need cow's advice)

kas

Just called HDB yesterday &amp; they said they will need more than 4 weeks (which they original promised for work completion)to rectify my unit defects cos the contractor is handling too many units now. Am so angry!! If they think their contractor is overloaded, they should then engage more contractors. Reported my defects 2 weeks oredi, still have not start work. Now i think i m not in time to start reno before the lunar 7th month. Sigh...

alex

Hi Kas,

ya lor... Quite lousy... That is not the end. Still have to factor in cement screed, if your have the intend to do laminate or any timber flooring in the bed rooms. It will take another 2 to 4 weeks... Acoording to my contractor is only take 2 to 3 days maximum to complete cement screed... ur...

Heard from their internal that rectification have no money pay to them and they have to pay for the rectification work their own. The contractors are concentrating current projects which will be paid to them...

kas

That's why i am asking my own contractor to do the cement screeding. Have to pay but at least will feel less frustrated. Plus i am doing parquet, i was strongly advised against using HDB cement screeding service cos any uneven cementing will ruin the parquet. Sigh...

ann

Hi kas,

I have also let my contractor do the cement screeding. Doing laminated flooring for the bedrooms.

Have u started ur reno works or still in the waiting process?

kas

Am still in the negotiation stage. Should be settled by this week. Once HDB finish the defects, i can start the reno. The person in charge fm HDB just called me &amp; said they will try to finish everything by next week. Am really crossing my fingers for that.

Btw, anyone of you did a L-shaped kitchen with corian solid top. How much does it cost for your quotation? I was quoted $5200 &amp; it seems kinda expensive. Not sure if this is the case. Advice pls? Tks!

ann

Hi Kas,

My kitchen is also L shaped. Cresto solid top though. The top itself costs me $2000. I have about 9 cabinet doors altogether in that L..

If I am not wrong, corian costs more...Cresto is almost similar..maybe "downgreade'? haha

My kitchen costs the most out of the entire hse...
2K for the solid top, cabinets abt another 2K, bifolds another 2.5K...

cow

hello everyone, i just got my key last month. still thinking how to put a sliding door in the common toilet , is so small. and somemore the toilet door is already occupy half of the space. anybody can give me some advice. will it be too small after putting the screen panel? and how about the washing mashine? where did you're place it? thanx