M

milong

ok thanks netsnob
I got the form
happy.gif

C

checking

Hi,

Like to check about the SCV blackbox. With only 1 box, can we watch SCV program at more than 1 TVs at any one time?

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">checking,</FONT>
nope. u can only watch at the TV with the set-top box connection. if u want to watch the SAME SET OF SUBSCRIBED SCV channels, u gotta get another set-top box. the 2nd set-top box will be at a cheaper price.

angelia

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Qn: Can I enjoy StarHub CableTV on more than one TV set in my home? What are the costs?</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="119911">Ans: Yes, you can enjoy StarHub's CableTV programmes in more than one room in your home. All you have to do is to install an additional set-top box and pay an additional $8 a month only to receive the same set of channels as your first box. Because cable TV has many channels to meet every family member's individual viewing preferences, your family will get more out of your subscription with additional set-top boxes in every other room.

Please also note that you will need an additional cable point in your room to connect to the set-top box. You can call our Customer Care Hotline at 6873 7373 to arrange for an installation appointment.</FONT>

u can check out the faq at http://cabletv.starhub.com/eng/faq/

beibei

adam,

sorry we didn't make it to your house..got to postpone to another date.miss out on your fish!!

angelia,
Cheer up ok!
happy.gif
hehe I knew how Daniel is going to sabo you all!!

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">beibei,</FONT>
oh, ya hor.. u went <FONT COLOR="ff6000">Jen's</FONT> wedding rite? had a great time?? was she okie? cos she was like quite sick the couple of days b4 her wedding..

beibei

angelia,

Had a great time!!me brought hubby along as it was at my hotel too!so can have 'food tasting' and
see how Daniel performed....but only thing was dinner ended quite late....

Jen was beautiful!!!envy her!!think she was better on sun ald....

now waiting for yours....

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">beibei,</FONT>
dun need to envy any of us.. ur turn will come.. i always believe all brides R beautiful!!
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">CCKers,</FONT>
care to share when ur big day is gonna be??

D

damnjian

Hi angelia,

Mine wedding is on 8 Jan...getting nearer and nearer.And many things still not yet done!

alex

Hi All,

Just a quick check if anyone know where to get nice decorative item / art thingy / or painting in Bangkok? Will be going there this coming Friday and if have spare time would like to shop around lor…

Thanks in advance.
happy.gif

alex

Hi Adam,
Thanks for your infor.
By the way, is it open at night only or for the whole day? Only got limited time there leh...

alex

Hi Adam,

I just found out that Patphong is a red light district leh. I ask my colleagues at Thai who happen to be a lady. Now kana laugh liao... so pai sei
embarrassed.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">alex,</FONT>
think there's a "chatuchak" market (dunno how the spelling) where they sell a lot of stuff &amp; cheap.. maybe can go there see see??

so envious, such a good time to hv biz trip to bangkok.. can shop for things for new hse..
happy.gif

M

milong

Hi all
anyone engaged NTUC income home mover before?
from the site it charge $250 per trip
it is worth anot?

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">milong,</FONT>
sorry, can't help..

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">John Little warehouse sale
Below are the details:

Venue : Robinsons Warehouse, Changi South Street 2. Near to Singapore Expo
When : Starting this Fri, 15 Nov to Sun 17 Nov.
Operational hours 10am to 10pm for Fri and Sat, 10am to 9pm on Sun
What : Lots of merchandise at ridiculous low prices, including apparel, houseware, bedlinen etc...
Points to Note : Free bus shuttle from Expo MRT station. I think they are not allowing private cars to be parked around the area because it caused too much traffic jam last year.

Thus would encourage you to park at Expo and take the bus. It will take about 10min if you decide to take a walk from Expo MRT.
</FONT>

alex

Hi Angelia,

Yes I am back. But did not have much time to shop around leh. Come back immediately sick liao but still have to work.
sad.gif

I went to the "chatuchak" market and "pak-tu-norm" market (don't know how to spell) and also the shopping centre(NBK) near our hotel (Princess Hotel) to shop shop. All places too big and running out of time. Hmmmm... next time must extend trip liao...
lame.gif

Just manage to buy some clothing, bedsheet, shoes, bags etc etc. All the decorative items are more towards to Zen look. For those who like Zen look will be very happy to shop there lor. I did not buy any becuase not suitable for my deco.

You can get many house hold item there too
happy.gif

Remember do not take the TO TO car. It cost tourist 100baht but actually only 30baht for locals. Taking the Meter Taxi will be better. At least will not risk your life there. Have been travel around either by foot or public transport (ToTo Car, MRT, and taxi)

Also have seen the Tiffany show (mambo Show or Agua Show) Very scary... but my bosses enjoy the show very much.

Very sad to see so many beggars there. Hope their happy days will come soon.
sad.gif
May God bless them all...
happy.gif

My next trip will be Penang and KL. One day each on this coming Wed and Thurs. Business trip leh... Hope got more time to shop again.
crazy.gif
This month over spent liao. Next month need to eat grass...

Hi Adam,
Did not go to Patphong since there are quite a few lady colleagues there too. Not so good lor... Maybe if there is a "next time", I will go there and shop shop again.
happy.gif

alex

Hi Angelia,

By the way how is your preparation for wedding? Almost done liao right? Excluding today, left 12 days to go right?

angelia

at least still managed to cover a few places, &amp; get some stuff for ur home!
happy.gif

hmm.. maybe i shld consider BKK for short honeymoon trip then can shop for household stuff as well!!
lol.gif
but then, won't be able to "relax" lor..
biggrin.gif

angelia

my wedding preps ah?? hiaz.. apart from already sent out all invites... think nothing else has been done!! very jia-lat.. think nez wk will take whole wk leave to settle all unsettled wedding matters!!!

yesterday shifted quite a bit of stuff to new hse.. then coming wkend super bz cos prob hv to unpack/tidy up the hse so that it won't look so messy with all the boxes lying around.. also arranged for sofa, TV, fridge, mattress delivery &amp; oso the SCV guy to come &amp; activate the point so that can receive SCV!! so think i better get whole of nez wk on leave then can go town jalan jalan &amp; get whatever needs to be bought lah.. still hvn't got pyjamas &amp; the bedsheet set for an-chuang..
happy.gif

D

damnjian

angelia,
me too undergoing the same stage as yours now.Got my tv and home theatre system last weekend but still to source for fridge and washing machine.Any recommendations?

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">damnjian,</FONT>
we bought LG WM &amp; fridge.. since it's "sponsored" by my parents (but i "paid" them back), so we kind of hv no choice.. for WM, my mum's using LG for quite some time &amp; it's okie.. for fridge.. we din hv much choice due to the abv reason
happy.gif

adamteo

I also want to activate SCV but I think they will not do those points that are done by renovator contractors.

Therefore, I will just stick to activating the point in the study for my maxonline...

So living room, no scv lor...
sad.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">adamteo,</FONT>
according to SCV, if we take the keys after June 2002, they'll send their man down to activate the points FOC.. but, if we got our keys before that, we'll hv to pay them for sending the man down to activate the points cos prior to June, they've gone to existing owners at CCK to activate the points. no matter what, still need to get the SCV guy to come down to activate.

as for the points done by contractor, i'm not too sure.. maybe u can juz request the SCV guy to activate as well.. no harm trying..
happy.gif

we're getting them to activate the points for us this Sat.. so maybe u can call &amp; can arrange for this Sat as well...
happy.gif

M

milong

Hi all,
How you transfered existing resident phone line to your new flat?
I called singtel, thay ask me to call HDB to call the m to activate resident line. Is that so??

alex

Hi Milong,

I have already transfer my line. It is through Singtel. Very supprise that Singtel request you to call HDB. By the way what does tel line got to do with HDB.

However when I transfer my line I am not able to use back my old number due to different configuration. They will give you 3 numbers to choose provided you requested for it.

M

milong

Hi Alex
Yeah, I quite suprise when the customer service officer told me that. She told me that she can't find my block.
Maybe later I call again.

confused

hi,

may i know what is this activating of scv point about. if i don't subscribe to scv, do i need to activate? or it is for normal watching of tv?

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">confused,</FONT>
think if u dun subscribed to scv, no need to get them to activate the point.. but if nez time u decide to subscribe, u'll need to arrange for them to come activate the point &amp; not juz plug &amp; play then can receive on the spot
happy.gif
so i think better to ask them to activate 1st even if u dun subscribe to scv now..

but, i not so sure.. maybe <FONT COLOR="ff6000">alex</FONT> can advise u.. if i remember correctly, he din subscribe to scv but can view normal (FOC) tv channels

alex

Hi Confused,

I think the rest are talking about SCV program such as EBO, etc etc...

Normal TV channels such as Channel 5, 8 Channel News Asia, TV1 andalso TV2 can be seen easily

angelia

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">btw, u guys/gals know we hv to pay <FONT COLOR="ff0000">TV Licence</FONT>??

it's $110 per calendar yr.. will be pro-rated if u din sign up in Jan... if sign up, say Nov 02, they'll calculate ur licence fee as :pro-rate for yr 2002 (Nov 02 - Dec 02), then full yr for 2003 (Jan 03 - Dec 03)
happy.gif

pay by giro will be by 12-mth interest free installament</FONT>

netsnob

hi all,

no updates since 21 Nov?

going oveseas or busy preparing for ROM?

love to hear from everoney here...

it a pity to see the flury of activity died down...

meow

Hi everyone,
Sorry for missing so long. Me just got my keys on monday. Went today to check for defects, there's a long list lor. The most stupid thing is the main door. My FH need to kick open the door and slam the door inorder to lock it.

Any other things i need to look out for? Me still looking around for reno. Should start searching after Jan. Any comments?

alex

Hi All,

Have been busy this few weeks. Pai Seh No time to log in here... Just for infor, today Angelia Ng is getting marry...

Hi Angelia,

Congratulation to you and Kuek!!!!!!
bounce.gif

Hi Meow,

I have used Elfa. So far pricing, design and workmanship still up to expectation. You may want to try them. You may call Joseph at 90608767.

As for the defects, you could write down the list and send to Town Council.

So you are at the same block as Paul right? 683A

Hi All again,

Have a nice weekend... chao...

meow

Hi Alex,
Its actually 683C not A lor. But still very near lah.
I have a questions. If i plan to have ceramic tiles for my living room, do i need to ask HDB to do the cement screet(hope i spell corectly)? I understand that if i want to use laminated flooring, i need to ask them to lay it, but what about tiles and marble?
Anyway, which is better? tiles or granite/marble?

Angelia,
Congrats to you.
bounce.gif

pucca75

angelia,

Zhu Ni He Ni De Xiang Gong

Bai Tou Dao Lao, Yong Yuan Xing Fu Kuai Le !!

Hai You Bei Wang Le, Zao Sheng Gui Zi !!
happy.gif

Gong Xi Ni!!

alex

Hi Meow,

For my case Cement Screeding was done by HDB for all the B.Rooms. Workmanship was confirmed lousy one leh. Not very even. Since I am doing laminate so it is still ok and also save cost lor... It is better to ask contractor to do it but have to pay extra lor.

Very difficult to judge whether Granite or Marble is better. I don’t think you need cement screeding for ceramic/homo/granite/marble (Not quite sure – however all process will be inclusive in the cost). Base on the experience from my relative/friends/colleagues who using Ceramic/homo/Marble/Granite/etc etc... Here are the following information that you might consider...

Granite usually comes with slightly darker color than Marble. Marble and Granite tiles have natural look and look shinning. You will not feel the gaps between the tiles as they will be polished and waxed. However these 2 tiles will be slight costly and need more handling after that. For eg, must use “wax base” cleaning solution or pure water when cleaning, and do not drop coffee/tea or any other chemical solution on it or else have stain. Secondly very easy get scratches if not careful. There are 2 types of marble, one is compressed marble and the other one is natural marble. Natural marble is much more expensive than compressed type. Granite will generally cheaper than natural marble. About the same price as compressed marble.

My Girl Girl cousin is using Granite. B’cos of using the wrong detergent, when you walk on it, you will have a sticky feeling.

Ceramic and Homo tiles almost at the same price but some Homo tiles look like marble. However Homo tiles will have the biggest gap and unevenness compare to the rest. It is due to the hardness and chamfer of the Homo tiles.

PS:\ If you want to see the effect of compress marble, you might want to come to my place and see see lor... I’m using C.marble.

Hope this information helps.

meow

Thanks Alex,
Will let you know again if i need to take a look. So that means you had laminated flooring for the rooms and compress marble for living room?

alex

Hi Meow,

I have laminated flooring for all the rms, Compressed marble for living/dining area, and ceramic flooring for kitchen and storerooms. Ktichen and toilets remain exactly what HDB provided.
happy.gif

Happy renovation...

meow

Alex,
Is it possible for us to change the basin huh? Watch Zi ma kai men reno's all very beautiful. Wish to have something similar like glass shower area and glass basin not to say glass panels in the MBR toilet. Is that possible?

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">alex, meow, pucca,</FONT>
thanks for ur well wishes... back to work today.. so tirrrrrred..
sad.gif

but the wedding was fun... though i had 2 unopened tables need to be consumed within a mth!!