Chin Leng or other moderators, please take note

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ceceli,

No, we strongly discourage our advertisers from harvesting e-mail addresses from the forum. Please let us know the service provider whom you have received unsolicited e-mail. If it is one of our advertisers, we'll highlight this issue to the service provider.

If the service provider is not our advertiser, we hope that we can highlight this incident to the service provider too.

If you prefer to e-mail me the name of the service provider, my address is [email protected]. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi also a kapo user,

Thanks for highlighting the new thread. Appropriate actions had been taken.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

wedbali

Chinleng, I've forward the email to you. It's sent by one of the wedding favors company advertised here.

When I emailed them previously asking for their services info. they simply dun reply, yet now spaming my mail box with unsolicited e-mails.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ceceli,

It is good to know that the e-mail addresses were not harvested from the forum. The company you were referring to is no longer an advertiser here. However, we'll inform them unsolicited e-mails are not welcome.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

wsj

re: Suspended account
Thanks Chin Leng, i can log in now.
kao_clap.gif

girlfriend

hi CL

Can you also help me to the following postings in the same thread?

Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 1:43 pm:
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 1:56 pm:
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 2:03 pm:
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 3:35 pm:
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 12:10 pm:

Thanks!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Blueberrytea,

Thanks for the highlight. The thread has been removed.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

A

also a kapo user

hi cl, i don understand why u allowed girlfriend to sell her so called 'un-used clothings here?? of course u don've to answer to me, but am i right to say that next time i can do that as well if i want to??
all due respects, i always told my friends they can't do that here, so now can i asked my friends to come in and sell their 'un-used' clothings too??

K

kpo user

Hi also a kapo user
I agree with what you've said, would anyone buy clothing for herself, ranging from XS-XL???

she said she bought for her friends/relatives but they don't like... so she's selling loh...

anyway, i agree with also a kapo user...

girlfriend

hi all,

Anyway to clarify myself as I have clarified with Chin Leng & in the thread. I only have 8 items for sale & all of them r bought during my overseas trip & no fitting is allowed when I buy the items.

I dont have items ranging from XS to XL, mayb all of you have misunderstood. I only have 1 item each & they are in XS/S or L/XL. Once my item is sold, its gone, I don't keep stock.

Btw, I bought L/XL for myself but either I can't fit or I don't like it after all. XS/S r for my nieces but they can't fit into US size so the most logical reason is to sell them cos' it's not cheap though they r on offer when I bought them.

================================
Chin Leng, can you help me to remove these postings cos the items r sold. Thanks!

Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 2:03 pm:
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 5:03 pm:

A

also a kapo user

i am a ebay regular visitor, so i know the tricks if it really bought overseas during the trip or not. and alot of friends does that but not in this forum, bcos i told that here are not allow..
Those picture that posting, where are they from?? magazine? doesn't look like it.. or when purchased the items, maniquin is included????
whatever it is, we respect cl decision.. maybe i should start selling my 'un-used' clothings here..

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bluesmartie,

Thanks for the note. Your thread has been removed as requested.

We would like to thank you for the suggestion too. However, as it is not possible for us to go through each threads to check if the items have been bought or sold, the suggestion may not help us in practice. What we do now is removing theads that are inactive for more than 60 day in "Marketplace and Exchange Corner: Others" to keep the category as tidy and user-friendly as possible.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

We've allowed girlfriend to list her items for sale again as she've explained to us that the items for sale is only 8 different single items. She has informed us that she is not selling them as a form of business. She has also explained to us that size XS/S items were for her nieces and L/XL for herself. However, the items she put up for sale were the items which did not fit her nieces and herself. We had also queried her via e-mail regarding the photos she included in her messages and she has provided us an explaination as well.

In the end, we chose to believe her and hope that our trust has not been misplaced. No doubt that during the 5 years of maintaining the forum, our trust has been misplaced before but we are still adopting the belief that, in general, most users can be trusted.

The forum welcomes all genuine sharing of wedding planning and information. We would not allow any messages which are promoting a business for personal gain unless prior permission has been given as we don't want the forum to degenerate to a classified ads section.

We are equally concerned that the activities in "Marketplace and Exchange Corner" has been increasing and monitoring the progress. We'll make adjustments to the category when necessary. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Well,

Normally, if we see duplicated threads, we'll merge the duplicated threads into one. However, in this case, we think that the threads are different as one thread was more for selling the wedding favours and the new thread is more for selling the test tubes.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi also a kapo user,

As I'm not a regular participant in e-bay, would appreciate if you can share with me the methods to identify if the items were bought during overseas trip.

You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you prefer to share through e-mail. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

girlfriend

hi

In order nt to make things difficult for CL, I have requested him to remove my thread.

If there are any "rules & regulations" regarding sale of items, I believe CL mayb its better to put it up so that everyone will know.

I believe I have been honest & I thank CL for placing his trust in me.

matka

Hi

My 2 cents. I think this is unfortunate for things to reach such a stage. I kinda thought that Girlfriend was offering good value for the dresses she had ... looking at the responses from users here.

While I understand that the moderators/owners and some users do not wish for the forum to degenerate into a 'classifieds' section, I think it is good deals like these and sharing of offers that do draw in 'the crowds'. While I don't have a conclusive solution on how you can determine the non-genuine from the genuine, there aren't that many avenues as to where ladies/brides-to-be can get good shopping deals, if any. And this seems like a good place to. Perhaps SingaporeBrides can do a tie-up with Yahoo! Auctions? hehe

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Girlfriend,

As clarifications have already been made and you are not selling your items as a form of business, I don't think it is necessary to remove the thread. However, let us know your choice and we would respect your decision whichever you chooses.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Matka,

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, we have the terms of use which all users agreed to abide when applying for an account. Our "Terms of Use" is available at http://www.singaporebrides.com/terms.htm.

However, the problem arises from service providers who deliberately flout the terms of use by posting fake messages and many other ways.

SingaporeBrides.com has been setup for the specific purposes of making wedding planning easier for Singapore wedding couples and thus making a general auction site here would not be appropriate.

For the convenience of wedding couples here, we allowed sales of left-over or extra wedding stuffs, personal items etc as long as it is not being done to promote their services or as a form of business.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

elmobb

Chin Leng,

Would like to know if there some threads that are missing from the motherhood/pregnancy section ?

Thanks!

matka

Pardon me for my ignorance, but is the above link an infringement of the terms and policies here?

All I can see is a helpful member of the forum offering to share a package from a query posed?

K

kpo user

Hi matka,

Actually it's on a posting on self-promoting posting on make-up artist.. you mught not be able to see now cos Chin leng already remove it.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Matka,

We've already removed the posting that it was highlighted to us by "kpo user". In the message, the user was actually recommending his own services.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any further queries. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.