Catholic Brides

purinne

hiya sobe ... wld u like to check with ur presenting couple abt it??? they mite b able to excuse u this time .... after all, its off from norm schedule ...

this sat's lesson will b at st teresa church ... from 0900 - 1300 ... i got a call fr my presenting couple this afternoon too ...

for my case, our session on sun is still on ... so heavy wkend ...

noknok

Purinne.. hope ur presenting couple won't make you finish both couple paks man.. sounds like you're having a super siong wkend. Some more sunday suppose to go for mass first right??

purinne

sobe: ya ... havin it on both sat and sun ... had a home session last wk too
happy.gif
... im quite ok with it coz am enjoyin the sessions so far :D ... hehe ...

noknok: arhhh ... tat slipped mi mind ... hopefully no ba ...
happy.gif
... hahaha .... but i felt the couple paks are very helpful ... at least for FH and mi
happy.gif
... as for mass ... we'll probably go for evenin mass ba ...

zljoan

purinne> you had a home session last week and another this week? This means you'll end your home sessions earlier than all of us! We won't be having a home session this week cos this week's topic was covered last Sunday. I actually enjoy the sessions too. Frankly, if there are 10 sessions, I'd be more than happy but...this week really hard. :s

purinne

ya ... coz tink the origin plan, since the H1N1 thingy, was to hav home sessions last wk and this wk ... then sessions at SJI on the 5th and 6th sunday
happy.gif
... and ta-dah ... finished~~~

ya ... so tink mi home sessions will b completed by this wkend
happy.gif
... but im goin to miss the couple alot ... they are all sooooo nice and lovely
happy.gif

honey_greentea

hi ladies, sometimes i really moved by these dedicated couples who are willing to spend their precious time to share their experiences with us without getting any rewards... i attended CEE couple months ago and stil, i'm thankful to the presenting couples' love and patience.
initially i felt so tired and could not concentrate in the course, but thinking of them sacrificed their personal time juz for the course, i felt very guilty!
happy.gif
so i hope u girls hv a great time with ur presenting couples in CEE/MPC!
happy.gif

purinne

ya i agree ... they are really very dedicated ... and so lovin ... when i look at them ... i told miself i wan to b at xin fu and lovin as them
happy.gif

btw did u keep in touch with your presentin couple?
happy.gif

noknok

Ha.... I see my presenting couple 2-3 times a month cos they attended the same church. Somehow, God has his ways of calling. The church tat I go is not near my house, I have no connection with it watsoever, my friend jus brought me there for RCIA one day, and then she did not get baptised but I did. And guess what, I met my primary school principle there, I got baptised there, my HTB got baptised there, my MPC presenting couple is from there, and we're getting married there.. haha.. kind of like stuck there.

But then, my presenting couple not that 'loving' hee.. My couple very cute one.. they dun agree on a lot of things then can see they're like trying to be let things go cos we're there... Like trying to ren and not to argue in front of others.. then from there they'll talk about arguements that will happen and stuff like that.

My couple quite old though.. the husband 70+ already. But they are very nice people. They're going to be my lectors for my wedding mass.. hee..

purinne

oh ya ... sounds like a good idea to hav them as lectors hehehehe
happy.gif
... shall check with FH abt it ... but tink mi FH already asked his fren and aunt to b our lector ... hmmmm .....

tan33a

btw.. how do i get samples of the church mass for wedding between catholic & non-catholic? i heard it could be done full-mass.. i'm catholic & HTB is not.. anyone has the soft copy? thanks alot..
happy.gif

my email is: [email protected]

krystal80

hi lolliepop, essentially, if the couple are not both catholics, they usually conduct a wedding service as opposed to a wedding mass (for watever reason) I'm not sure if this is something that is a choice or that it's what's allowed...I advise u to check with your priest and see what he says...

honey_greentea

Hi lolliepop & andrea, luckily my church (St. Ignatius) allow us to have a wedding mass. maybe it's becoz my HTB is oredi attending RCIA now bah.. but it actually depends on the priest, St ignatius said they actually encourage couples to have wedding mass... but some churches are quite strict with that... like wat andrea said, u can discuss with ur priest
happy.gif

tan33a

hmm.. actually my wedding will be in indonesia and my priest has actually agreed on doing the full mass for us. just that I need a soft copy of the church mass in english language. hehe..

purinne: me too, attending it now.. lol. love my group. next sunday last session already hor..

zljoan

purinne/lolliepop>> gosh...it's been 5 weeks already...time really pass by fast! think I'll miss the mpc sessions. they've been part of my sunday routine already.

oh yes, thankfully, I do not have to repeat MPC! They filmed last week's session and we've gotta view it by this wk and return it. Have been given the option to attend the "live" session next quarter which is fantastic -- hope we can make it!
happy.gif

purinne

sobe ... ya lor ... im already startin to miss mi group and the presentin couple ... they are all so lovely
happy.gif
... i was surprised at how time flies too ...
happy.gif

and congrats for now havin to repeat ur MPC~~~ hehehehe ...

lollipop ... which group are u in?
happy.gif

i gues we all build a bonding with them w/o realisin how fast it was fostered
happy.gif
... such a pleasant and heart-warmin experience ... i hope FH and I can get to b presentin couple next time too ... hehehhee
happy.gif

tan33a

ya lor~ I think I'm gonna miss going for MPC sessions.. will miss my presenting couple as well. they're great.

purinne, I'm in group 7. you leh?

sobe, which group you in?

I also wish FH & I will get to be presenting couple next time too, provided he's willing to become a Catholic la.. hehe.. will work on it. hehe..
happy.gif

zljoan

lolliepop...me in grp 6! which means u sit the row behind me for SJI session(s).

Haha...we should introduce ourselves this sun..oh yeah, don't forget to dress somewhat formal!

purinne

lolliepop
happy.gif
... im in group 5
happy.gif
... hehehe so it means im one row in front of sobe ... and sobe is one row in front of u during SJI sessions
happy.gif
hehehe ... such a coincidence~~~
happy.gif

tink need to attend ME to become presenting couple wor ...

zljoan

lol...it'll be more coincidental if pruinne sat directly in front of me and lolliepop directly behind during our first session!

precious_11

Hi gals..

Am trying to do up my mass booklet but realise the samples that i have so far are not in the "booklet" form.. anyone can be so nice and send me their past templates pls?

My email add is [email protected]

Thanks a million!

tan33a

waaahhh.. hahaha.. group 5, 6 and 7. lol~~ we've to dress formal this sunday, true.. hehe.. I'm excited leh, but sad at the same time.. no more sessions.. but my group had arranged to meet up again next month. quite happy
happy.gif

purinne

hehehehe yeah ... who knows we really mite hav sat right in front of each other at the first session kekekkee
happy.gif

lolliepop ... i share the same sentiment ... i'm goin to mi presentin couple's house tom ... to go thru the last 2 couple paks ... goin to miss them bad .... btw we'll b goin bac to help out for the next Q's MPC
happy.gif
... hehehe ....

lpinkangelz

Hi!
I am thinking of holding my solemnization at St Ignatius. Anyone can provide me with more information about wedding arrangement from this church?

zljoan

lolliepop, your grp's presenting couple very "happening" hor....wahh...u guys so fast plan for outing already. nice...

purinne, helping out next Q MPC in which way?

honey_greentea

Cher, i sent the sample of mass booklet to u oredi. i got that from andrea
happy.gif

Lingzhi, i'm also getting married at st. ignatius. well, firstly u have to call one of the priests and ask for their availability, then go to the church and fill up the form to book the church, at the same time pay $300 to confirm the booking. payment must be made on the spot lo... if not they wont book for u one. so prepare cash or cheque la. i'm getting Fr Tom O'neil to conduct the wedding mass
happy.gif

tan33a

sobe,

ya lor! actually all the couples in our group very happening one, that's why going to miss them very badly.. lol. but quite good la, we actually went out after the sunday's last session. to discuss our outing. haha.. very fun people indeed. but i'm sure all the groups are like ours as well. hehe
happy.gif

tan33a

purinne,

yaaa.. gonna miss them hor.. me and HTB actually love goin for MPC.. hehe.. become a routine already. haha.. we having BBQ next mth.
happy.gif

purinne

wow ... so nice ... mine we din plan for any outings ... hopefully we can hav one too ...

ya lor ... FH and i love goin for MPC ... goin to feel weird this sun ... haha
happy.gif

tan33a

is it? haha.. for us, the guys even planned going for a fishing trip before the BBQ so they can BBQ the fish they catch. haha...

purinne

hehehe no lah ... i tink both are as fun
happy.gif
... just tat MPC allows couples to have more time to build up friendship and bonding with other couples
happy.gif

anyta

hi! any1 having wedding mass at 9am? we would like to provide some refreshments for our guests but when i did the research most companies seem to only provide tea reception menus/wedding/lunch/dinner. how did u guys overcome this?

anyta

oh, has anyone ROM-ed in church with a licensed solemniser who's also the celebrant for yr wedding? what are the procedures like?

tan33a

greentea,

ya.. what purinne says is true.. MPC allows us to actually bond and share with other couples, unlike CEE.. hee.. but I heard CEE is very good too..

lalaa_27

actually for CEE they instructed us not to bond wif other couples.. but to bond wif each other as a couple! but we still kinda bonded wif other couples.. haha..

Anita.. ur church wedding & ROM on the same day? then after wedding mass, u will juz proceed to the altar to sign the ROM cert wif the priest.. dats how it was for my cousin's wedding

krystal80

Hi Anita,

I think my friend's wedding mass was at 9/9.30am and she had lunch buffet spread style...I think you can just check and advise the caterer what time you need them to be around.

As for a licensed solemniser who is also the celebrant, on the ROM website there is a list where you can check whether the priest is a licensed solemniser (it's arranged according to various faiths). Then you just proceed as u would with any other JP...get his licence no., fill up the consent form, get him to sign it, e-file and so on.

Lolliepop, I went for CEE and I felt that while it was intense, it allowed for my husband and I to have that time together that we rarely get with our own busy schedules so it was a much appreciated break

tan33a

Lalaa,

yaaa.. I heard from my friend also.. CEE is to bond with each other as a couple.. lol.. MPC is both la.. we bond with each other but as well as other couples.. I think me pretty lucky, our group people are great. hehe.. makes every session an enjoyable one.
happy.gif

anyta

thanks guys. lalaa yes, i'm planning to do the church wedding and ROM at the same day/time. get it over and done with.

thanks andrew, yes my celebrant is a licensed solemniser as well.

lalaa_27

lolliepop good for u!
happy.gif

i couldnt go for MPC cos my HTB works on shifts n not available on all weekends.. thus we went for CEE.. really enjoyed it! the whole atmosphere was so lovey dovey n nice.. away from real life.. kinda miss stayin at dat house..

purinne

i guess both EE and MPC serve their purpose of helpin couples to decide and confirm that they are really ready for marriage ... and so far, it seems like everyone who has attended them truly enjoy and learn fr the sessions
happy.gif