Catholic Brides

fifteenmay

Hi Andrea, that seemsrreasonable. cos i have 12 bridesmaids altogether, not too sure what to do with them.. ahahah
another question, do your church let you throw flower petals when you enter?my church have another wedding mass right after me, so i am not sure if i can clean up on time. if dun throw flower, what should the flower girl do ar?
Anyone have the print ready mass booklet? i have done our layout for the book and have no idea how to print it to book size.

krystal80

hi fifteenmay, my church doesn't allow us to throw flower petals...i not having a page boy or flower girl so I didn't really bother so much...my friend who had flower girls just get them to walk down looking pretty...

purinne

hiya all ... i needed some advice ... am feelin very troubled coz i cant get a weddin date i wan ....

my family is non-catholic and wanted mi to get married on an auspicious day ... FH is a catholic and they wanted us to get married on a saturday ... but ... all the gd saturdays are booked at church of st teresa (where im attendin RCIA) .... so now ... i've booked for a date which mi family doesnt like but church is available ... :~~~( ... wat shd i do .... :~~~(

krystal80

hi purinne,why must u choose st teresa for your wedding? perhaps u can consider other churches tt are available on the date that your family has chosen?

purinne

hiya andrea ... coz that will b my future parish church ... so FH wants to hav it there ... also, coz of Fr Arro whom we both felt very comfortable with ....
sad.gif
... such a dilemma
sad.gif

krystal80

hi purinne, oic...and I can see the dilemma ur in =( well Fr Arro can actually celebrate ur wedding mass for you in another church (as long as the parish priest of that church is fine with it)

But I guess the best is (obviously) to find a compromise of sorts b/w the families...

Is the date u chose (btw) one that is just less auspicious or totally not an option type? (forgive my ignorance, but my hubby and I didn't have to choose an auspicious date so I know nuts about it =P)

purinne

hiya andrea ... the date we booked for church weddin seems to b less auspicious ... and tink not tat gd for the bride ... thus mi family prefer sth that is gd for mi ...

ya will hav to try to work sth out with FH ....
sad.gif

remia23

How long before your wedding should u meet Father for the pre-nup??

My wedding is in Sept and i'm only going to go for my EE in Apr (Qtr 2). So i can only meet Father after i complete my EE?? Will it be too late then?

Sorry.. lots of questions. Never knew abt all these until i read the threads here..

raine24

i think 6 mths is the earliest u can see yr priest anyway.. cos the baptismal cert can be dated at most 6 mths b4 the wedding date. Personally i don't think April or May is too late for you Remia.
happy.gif
You just got to choose your readings and do up your mass booklet after that. I'm just a little kiasu.. I'm getting married on Labour Day and I met my priest in Nov & done up my mass booklet already.. sending to my priest for vetting soon.
happy.gif

raine24

Hi fifteenmay,

You may wish to get the templates from some of our church's websites and other online resources. You have to check mass parts with your priest, and also choose your own readings and hymns.
happy.gif
[e.g. my priest is quite adamant that there's no gloria in wedding masses...]

Here's a link to Church of the Risen Christ's sample:
http://www.risenchrist.org.sg/pastoralsvcs/matrimony.htm

Good luck and hope this helps!
happy.gif

krystal80

just wanna share a bit of happy news...I finally settled my music for the wedding, including the song for the bridal procession...*yiipppeee! =)

purinne

hiya ... i've just managed to get mi weddin date confirmed
happy.gif
... on 24 oct at church of st teresa
happy.gif
... any oct btb & anyone havin their weddin at church of st teresa too?
happy.gif

raine24

Andrea - haha.. still quite sometime more, can tell u're uber excited!
happy.gif
I shortlisted my songs abt 9 mths before my AD but just only confirmed all of them, when putting them into my mass booklet. As time goes by you'll find that your selection might change also.. as you hear this song and that.. thinking and re-thinking abt theme of the mass, etc.
happy.gif
but sitting down and thinking abt these things early is a good thing!

noknok

Lalaa.. u're stressing me up too...

talk to father the other day.. he keep saying, wait until my HTB baptise then discuss further. That's after Easter leh.. will it be too late by then??

krystal80

lalaa, hee hee...coz I was talking to the organist who's playing for my wedding and wanted to faster confirm since I had trouble finding a choir/soloist all this while...

then as we went thru the mass schedule, we discussed what songs to use and stuff and she gave some really good suggestions...so I confirm my songs liao! =)

lalaa_27

oh.. lucky u andrea! got a good organist to help u wif stuff!

Noknok.. we better get our asses movin.. haha.. both our AD in sept! u can slowly start shorlisting the hymns & readings & doin up the booklet mah.. dun haf to wait for HTB to baptise for dat.. for the rest of the stuff like EE, baptism cert submission & pre-nup do after apr also shud be ok i guess.. actually juz right cos it will be ard 6 mths bfore weddin..

fifteenmay

hi Andrea, mind sharing what songs did you choose?
who is your organist? did u get trevor in the end?
ok btbs, i have a question. how do print the mass booklet? how is the format like?

nonyaeurasian

hey there, i'm new to this site. Interesting stuff, though the heavy usage of acronyms is rather mind boggling.. when I first saw "BS" i thought it meant bull-s***.. oops, learn something new everyday :)
Best wishes on your EE, it's pretty interesting.
Mine's at St Theresa's on 8th Aug 2009, I was lucky to get it as it was fully booked and a couple had cancelled their slot barely 2 hours before i came by the church office that same day..! Boy were we overjoyed, my dude-to-be almost went giddy with elation

noknok

How to get my ass moving when my priest keep telling me 'dun worry, still have time, we'll discuss after ZR's baptism'.. Sigh..

I joined the choir recently and they offered to sing for my wedding.. haha.. so I guess one thing down le. Just wondering, any bride sing their own responsaral psalm during their own wedding??

Singing in the choir, I think i picked out one or two of my favorite hymns le.

raine24

keke my priest is still trying to convince me to sing my own responsorial psalm too! But I'm really not keen on it as I've seen brides go up to read before and she had to hike up her own skirt and go up there, perch somewhat precariously on the lectern, take extra stress/nervousness and deliver the psalm/read, then take the same trouble to come back down again. Too much for me I think.. I feel brides shd try to be as relaxed as they can on their wedding day. Besides, I've psalmed for so many weddings and so many Sundays already.. its someone else's turn to do it for my wedding! haha.. So I'm getting my friend to write my psalm and sing it for me instead. However, to appease my priest, I will be singing the hymn for the Consecration of our marriage to Our Lady.
happy.gif

noknok

huh.. u mean u hv to write ur own psalm?? Oh no.. Eh.. won't u have to go through the trouble as well to sing e hymn

raine24

oh no noknok dun be mistaken, you don't HAVE to write your own psalm. just have to choose as per the readings. I just want my psalm tune to be written by a dear friend, that's all.
happy.gif

To sing the hymn, no need to hike up skirt and go to lectern, etc. Just have to go over to Mary's shrine, offer a bouquet of flowers, and sing a hymn. That one no problem. I just don't want to hike up skirt and go up to the altar - that one bigger risk of either tripping on the skirt or falling. :p

noknok

Oic.. haha.. okok.. So you choose ur hymns already?? Can someone share what hymns they choose?? I have NV been to a catholic wedding before. Feel totally Lost.

raine24

aw.. dun worry ok? which organist or choir you getting? they shd be able to help you with the choosing of hymns. Also depends on the style of wedding u're having. E.g. traditional/classical? modern? upbeat? grand? You having a full mass or service only?

Anyway these can be settled closer to your wedding date, as i said before, cos your tastes might change as you decide on more details of your wedding. If yr wedding date in sept, maybe by July shd have chosen some hymns already.

krystal80

noknok, dun panic =) like raine said, ur organise/choir can help reccomend songs for you to use....

I can share the hymns I'm using for mine if u like...pass me ur email yeah?

forever81

Hey Gals

I'm new here,i will be having my church wedding 5 Dec 09.Feeling abit lost now cos my FH is a non catholic and we were advise by the father that we need to attend RCIA first.

I have a few qns hope you all can help me:
1)Anyone can share how long b4 the actual day must we attend EEE?
2)Anyone has a sample of the mass booklet and church wedding invites sample to share?
3)Any recommandation for choir and florist?

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks alot

noknok

forever81, RCIA is for him to know more about the catholic faith. It's for adults who wanna be baptise and convert to a catholic. Most classes should be in the ending stage as the baptism is usually during Easter. Father wants him to be baptised is it??

I only have the answer to No. 1. If I'm not wrong, you need to attend either MPC or EE (at least it's requested by my priet)

Is urs a wedding service or mass??

forever81

Hi Noknok

Our priest advise that it is better for my FH to understand our faith. Our wedding is on 5 Dec 09, do you think it is too late to attend EE in Sept?

I would want a wedding mass.Wedding mass is with holy communion rite?

noknok

Yah.. Wedding mass is with holy communion.

I just attended my FH's RCIA on matrimony. Father say not both catholic cannot have mass leh.. but then I also heard some ppl hv mass although not both catholic before.

EE shouldn't be too late ba.. it's only one wkend. MPC is the one that last 6 weeks. But I also heard couples that decided not to get married after the course before. Dunno if that'll be a concern.

krystal80

hi noknok. recessional is typically an instrumental piece to play as you walk out of church with your husband..As for whether or not if both not catholic or not can have mass, best to check with the priest celebrating your wedding.

I'm sourcing for my recessional music with my hubby since he is quite picky about what to use =P

forever 81, florists u can try red petals or blissfultots (Mia). As for choir, check with your church which choirs are the "wedding choirs" and how much they charge. Alternatively, you can find Phillip Lye who will play the music and sing at your wedding. If you want him to do the psalm and gosepl acclaimation, he can do it for u also...

EE best to attend as early as u can because u will need to pass the cert to the priest when u go for ur pre-nup appt.

booklet samples, I'll email u in a bit

raine24

Forever81, maybe u can check with your priest if he'd like yr FH to attend RCIA or will Alpha Course do, cos as Noknok said, RCIA usually ends with baptism at easter, and the next one only starts after that. Alpha Course is to learn abt the Christian faith, but not specifically for the Catholic faith.. just to know abt Jesus.

For EE, it's not supposed to be a pre-requirement thing only left to last min.. but I wld encourage u to go for it as early as possible, sign up now even. its not only for engaged couples despite its name. cos it's not only to prepare you guys for marriage, but to see if u are compatible in the long term and have the same long term goals, and make you guys talk abt what really matters in marriage and the realities. U can go for either EE (1 weekend) or MPC (6 Saturdays)

I also heard horror stories abt couples ending up not getting married, but I had such a wonderful experience with my FH there, I'd strongly recommend going for EE :D Its better to go now to see if u both are really ready for marriage, rather than later when it's too late. It's not foolproof but at least it's a start in the right direction.