Catholic Advice Needed Please

lenz

ya buffy, blushblush is rite. cuz initially my priest also not tt keen on having the candle. but he gave in to us eventually..but the lighting of candle can only be done at the end of the celebration.

steff

Hi ssmillezz,

U've got 3 mails...hahaha

Hi Oraia,

I did my own wedding booklet as in the priting and the tying, etc...

Hi Buffy,

U can buy the matrimonial candles from Bras Basah, Church bookshops...for mine from the SFX bookshop. Had to order and it's not cheap :p
Now it's sitting on a console at home as deco :p

celtricia

hi ssmilezz...

Heehee.. the nap was a gd thing for me too.. Haf gotten a bridal studio @ yishun its call fame.. rings yet to scout for as my wedding is only nxt yr june.. so no hurry.. heehee

hi oraia...

No worries lah.. i attended EE during 19 to 21 of March.. d memories still fresh in my mind n i love it lots... heehee..

hi buffy..
i'm not sure hw i would describe andre danker's style.. i tink it'll b more country style if i'm not wrong.. heehee.. hopefully din give u d wrong opinion.. i will b having my wedding at st mary's lor, coz i would say i grew up frm there since young, since d old church till nw n i noe lots of ppl frm there.. that's y..

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Steff ~ thanks so much. heee...so many emails at one go! heh heh..i finished your pics already. Thank god for broadband..LOL!! You've got mail too!!

Oraia ~ hehee..i'm like you too..would prefer to take 1/2 day to go for fittings next time. :p But will your FH also take 1/2 day to accompany you there?

Don't shy don't shy...i promise not to "BIO" you when i see you standing on the stool. hehehehe

hehee..don't call beaver jie jie lar..make her sound so old...*runs away before beaver whacks me on the head*

I'm just making a wild guess. Are u born in 1977 by chance?
happy.gif

buffy ~ i'm going to email you now. just got back from my gym leh...immediately logged on the comp cos i'm afriad i forget. hehee...

Since both of you prefer St Mary's and feel so at ease there, better talk to your ILs asap yah? In case, they get more and more ideas and everything goes out of control! Gotta take control of the situation alright? You GO girl....
happy.gif

True hor, harder to handle the older folks...unless our peers. *sighz*

you are with TWP!!!
happy.gif
My colleague before signing up with BV was quite undecided initially and nearly signed up with Patrick too. She likes their service and idea. That's fast, your designing is all done. You must be excited abt your first fitting!! Hey, take some pics can??? I want to see...hehee....
happy.gif

My AD still LOOOOOONG way lar..supposed to be 31.12.05 but we decided to push it to the next week which is a Sat 7.1.06 instead.
happy.gif
Haven't booked any BS...still early..i'm still doing my research. hahaha....</font>

buffy

Hello ladies,

Ohhhh... Thanks for bringing it up to my attention. I also super sotong, did not know some churches do not allow candles. Actually, I did not want them because ai yah, I practical lor. After church wedding, dunno what to do with them. However, one of the lay ministers I am speaking to reminded me to get them early so hahahahahahaaa...
lol.gif
I gan cheong spider, tot must have! hahahahahahaahhaaa... Never mind, I shall check with Fr Phillip and see what he says.

Oraia:
Oh, yr AD before mine huh? Where is yr BS?
happy.gif

Lenz:
Thanks for the pic and yes, they were wait I was looking for. How much do I have to put side for them?

Steff:
Thanks for the suggestion on where to get them. Hee... If HB decides to want it and church is OK, I shall go there and look see look see.
happy.gif

Celtricia:
Ohhh... So his style more country huh? Hee... No lah, I did not have any bad impression, rather, I wanted a clearer indication, so no worries ok? BTW, since you are gg ahead with Philip Lye, then u are asking someone to be the commentator and this someone will also give cue to Philip? Which is yr BS as well?

celtricia

Hi buffy,

hmmm.. yah, definitely i would ask philip lye to b my organist... my commentator n everything else will b done by my church youth as i'm in d youth grp.. although i'm out of it liao.. my frens still will b ard to help me handle everything, commentator to readings to ushering..

my BS is at yishun lor.. call fame bridal..

buffy

Ssmilezz:
You r online too!!!!! Wah, u so super ON leh, went to gym. I used to jog about 2 - 3 times a week before the rainy season we have been having in March and tat is because jogging is very convenient for me since behind my flat, it is all those landed property so there is a nice long pavement lor.

Wah, yr AD really quite far leh! Hee hee...
lame.gif
But it is good to start early. As for the BS, my only advice is do not keep looking at mags for ideas. Once you have something that u like, can stop there liao. My prob was everything I also liked! Hahahahaahahhaaa..
lol.gif
Ask Pat and u will know! hahahaahahahahahaaaa...

Yes, am with TWP and so far so good. Am quite pleased with the service rendered so far, Pat and Jordan have been extremely patient with me and are really nice. In addition, Pat has got same frequency as me so when we talk abt the designs, he knows what I want and this is why I chose him.
happy.gif

Oh, one thing I liked abt TWP is the number of fittings we have. I did not realise this but some of the other brides I spoke to have only gone for like 2 fittings for WG and like 12 for EG and tats tat. They are done for PS and they will hv a final fitting before AD.

For me, I prefer a more progressive approach. I really will not mind gg down to the BS more often if it meant that I am kept informed of each stage. For me, it took Pat and I 3 designing sessions before I confirm the WG and Tea dress. No complaints / black face from him. Up to now, EG is still not confirmed and he is OK with that too, did not push me to just go ahead. Then next next week, when I go for my fitting, it will be for WG and I will also confirm EG design and material. Thereafter, abt 5-6 weeks later, I will go for my 2nd fitting for WG and then 1st fitting for EG and Tea Dress. And then another 4-5 weeks later, it will be like final fitting for WG and 2nd fitting for EG.

During the first fitting, I learnt that it will just be like an empty shell without any details. This is so that he can see if the cut fits and all. Then for 2nd fitting, the details will be pinned up and we can then discuss if the details positioning is OK, if it is enough and if we need to amend the idea a bit. Thus, the 3rd fitting will be like the final done up version.

I like it like that because at any point, if I am not OK, there is still time and allowance to amend. But for one of my friends, her first EG fitting was like the entire works is done. To me that is kinda strange but it works for some ppl I guess.
happy.gif

Eh, why u ask if Oraia is from 77? 'Cos I am from 77! Hee hee...
biggrin.gif

Okok, will be watching out for yr email! Thanks yeah?
happy.gif
Oh, can, can email pics to you but hor, think it will be 2nd fitting onwards because nothing to see for first fitting since it is just like an empty shell. Hee

lenz

hi buffy, i paid $69 for that candle i think. they ranges from $40-$100

actually i initially also dun want the candle wan..cuz find it waste money leh..after wedding just put in cupboard. but hubby like leh..so we bought. though now it is indeed in the cupboard for display, but i dun regret buying it lor...cuz i put together with my wedding cert and ring pillow..plus my wedding pic. so tt part of the cupbard look so nice..reminds me of that special day. hehe..

and especially the passage on the candle " Love is patient, love is kind.." often reminds me on what Jesus told us LOVE is.
happy.gif

nnchander

hi BUffy,
you can get really nice candles at Tecman in Bras Basah
happy.gif
I got my "whip cream" candle for about $60+ too... hehehe

buffy

Morning ladies,

Thanks for sharing the "lobang"!

Ssmilezz: I got yr mail liao! Thanks yah! Am gonna browse thru later when work is more settled. So we shall now wait for Beaver to email us the whole works and the tidied up copy lah!
happy.gif

Celtricia:
Oh... So u were part of the Yotuh group huh? That's good lor. Not like me, blur like sotong, dunno head and tail and then attempting to do it myself. And then need to confirm on the church ASAP so that can control the situation, otherwise, scared ILs go ahead and then continue to confirm everything. But am very thankful, you girls are so willing to share.
happy.gif

Yes, I have seen the thread "Fame Bridal" before. How are yr preparations coming along?

Lenz:
Wah, the candles really not cheap hor?
uhoh.gif

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Celtricia ~ Sorry arh, but what does a Youth Group in church do? *curious* Ahh, your AD in 05 right? Already booked the BS. Did u go for the MTM or OTR package? BTW, are you joining us (the 2005 thread) girls' outing next Fri?
happy.gif
Come lar ...don't shy ok?

Buffy ~ yup yup, did u get my email yet??
happy.gif
I eat a lot lar....so have to exercise to keep fit. No choice. I'm usually at the gym 2x a week.

Yeah, AD still quite far. hehee...Actually, i don't really have any fixed ideas in mind yet. But I know some basic details i expect of my WG. I only need a WG and a Tea dress...:p so quite simple.Yup yup, i have only 2 local wedding mags which suxs. :p I decided that i will not be buying any more local mags. My friend has sent me two issues of The Knot wedding mag from US. I'm waiting eagerly for them to arrive. hehee....
happy.gif

Me too, i don't mind visiting the BS on and off (provided i'm free lar) cos i'd like to work closely with the designer rather than to get a big shock each time i go for fitting. hee...

You are in good hands.
happy.gif
Take more pics...email them to me lar...first fitting also can..want to see what a bare gown looks like. hee..*kaypoh*

Cos i saw that Oraia's email had a 77 behind so i was curious lor....*high 5* !! I am also from 77. LOL!!
</font>

oraia

hello girls,

finally got time to sneak in a post... *phew*

steff, okie.. so u diy-ed ur booklets. thanks! shd start early right? but we're only meeting priest in ealy sept. i think can lah. before tt, mabbe we do a draft so tt we can show him when we meet him...

hi celtricia,

thanks! more fang xin already.. hehehe.... hope i'll enjoy the ee too!
happy.gif

hi ssmilezz,

yup, i'll prob tk half day for fittings. will prob try and schedule it on my fiance's off-days, so he doesn't hv to take leave cos he has less leave than me. must conserve! hehe.

aiyah.. i vely shy leh.. hehe... dun bio lah!
embarrassed.gif
hehehe.

oh yes.. so smart, i'm a 1977, a snake!
happy.gif

wah!! u gg to get The Knot mag fr US ah? i oso wan leh..... wonder if i can order it online.. hmmmm. hehe. i love overseas mags!!! dun realli like the local ones. ;p

hihi buffy,

yup, my AD earlier than urs. hehe. BS is BV.
hehe, we all same same!! all snakes!
happy.gif

wah... ur gown designing process sounds exciting leh!!!
happy.gif
when u hv pics can i kaypoh and take a peek? ;p

ssmilezz

<font color="ff0000">Hey Oraia ~ hee....so many snakes! *high 5* hee...sama sama hor...what a coincidence right? *winks*

wei, when it's your turn to do fitting, must snap some pics for us to see too can?? pls?? pretty pretty pleeeeaseee???
happy.gif

Don't like dat lar..bio a little bit can right? LOL!! I may follow my kaki along for her BV's appointment. See how..if i do, i will "update" you how it went ok?

I already bought the mags...they are on the way to SG now. It seems like they do not ship internationally lor. Will keep you posted when they arrive ok?
happy.gif

</font>

celtricia

Hi Buffy..

The 'fame bridal' thread is not d one i've chosen anyway.. it became a chat line for some gals.. My prep so far came to a silent pause some how.. heh.. duno y.. coz we will only b doing our photoshot in ard aug or sept tis yr.. n nw we r busy choosing reno ids/contractors for our new hm.. kekeke...

Hi ssmilezz,
wat does a youth grp do in church will usually depends on hw active their parish priest allows d youths to participate.. for my youths we were involve in raising funds lor.. but in terms of wat we usually do, we will mostly haf sessions on saturdays after d evening mass.. like for lenten vigil.. we even organised it ourselves to let d youths haf a better feel of watz d last supper all abt.. but i'm no longer in d youth liao.. step down areadi.. keekke.. too busy to b involved although i still keep in contact wif them... Yah my AD is in 05, i've taken OTR as all their gowns look pretty nice enuff for me.. simple n elegant type lor.. kekeke... d outing arh.. duno if i can make it leh..juz nice my old youth church frens asked for a gathering on dat day too. i will let u noe again k?

beaver

hallo!
hey, i'm on my old laptop now, cos my new PC still dead despite our attempts to explain to Dell. this laptop not much good for met surfing so i have to keep this short.
Steff
happy.gif
high 5! another honeymoonie of Thailand! i didn't get as brown as i wished. i got browner in Phuket. dunno why, i was in the Samui sun a lot, til my skin hurt. maybe cos i had to spread sunblock so thickly in Samui to ease the pain, i couldn't get so brown. i like to look like toasted bread.
happy.gif

Smilezz, Oraia, Buffy,
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
I am going to send you my finalised order of wedding service, my wedding service schedule, and and the words for the blessing of the candle ( i didn't do this, but i have the text.) FYI, we didn't need DAT much help for wedding service. It's not dat difficult. Will email more to you. I'm scared dat this page might just close on me halfway
sad.gif

Hey, Tecman at Bras Basah is good place. You can also get ring cushions, guestbook there. also,you can get the "covers" for your wedding booklets there. Those "covers" are called bulletins I think. Many designs to choose from, but most are "American A4 size", which is not same size as our local A4. so, you can either buy American A4 paper from Tecman to photocopy your wedding booklet pages, or you can photocopy of ordinary local A4, and have the pages TRIMMED at the 2 ends, if you don;t mind your "cover" being slightly taller than your booklet pages. Tecman has a few shops at Bras Basah. the one on the either 3 or 4 level (next to Glory) is their biggest.

ok, i email now.

happy.gif

oraia

hihi ssmilezz,

heeeee.... when it's my turn to do fittings, i'll def take pics...
happy.gif

aiyah... i shy mah, u can walk past and bio secretly lah ok? LOL.. as long as i dun see u bio-ing then can. hahahaha.

wah, u are gg to follow ur fren to her BV appt ah? so exciting hehehe...
happy.gif
okok, let me know how it goes ok?

the mags u ask ur fren buy for u then she ship over is it? aiyah.. so wasted, they don't ship internationally. was thinking of looking on amazon...

hihi beaver,

got ur email, thanks a million!!!!
happy.gif

will look thru' it and 'qing jiao' you if got any questions ok?
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

oh, btw gals, i was at st. mary's on maundy thur, wah!!! the little food bazaar very exciting!! really nice food!! hehe.
and i bought the little booklet for wedding mass as well.
happy.gif

ssmilezz

<font color="0000ff">Celtricia ~ okie dokie, let us know if you can pop by on Friday ok?
happy.gif
hee, so cute, have to step down from the Youth grp due to age. LOL! Ahh..i miss the days when we all still fall into the category of YOUTH..can get to enjoy Youth Dat holiday! kekekeke

Beaver ~ hey! Thanks! Got ya email...will slowly digest hor...:p

How's yr long weekend coming along??

Me too! I love being tanned and dark. Whenever i stay in the sun for a long time, i don't *ever* get red or peel. I'll just turn darker and darker..blacker and blacker. hehee....:p Nice...!!

Oraia ~ ya ya..take pics!!! *excited* Should be soon liao....

Yah, my friend says her trial makeup and hair will be done on the same day too!!
happy.gif
Should be quite fun hor....heheee

Yup, my US friend shipped it over....u can try Ebay cos sometimes it's being listed for sale too.
happy.gif

I visited 5 churches last evening....:p Hee..i was at Queen of Peace, Holy Trinity, Risen Christ, SFX and shucks, i can't remember the name of the church at Katong.hmmmm *thinking hard*

U know something really strange happened, remember i said it was my first visit to SFX? Well, i prayed for a sign to show me that this was the right place for me to hold my wedding. When we walked out of the church, FMIL suddenly called out.."Father John...nice to see u around!". And he was right behind me. LOL! First time meeting the priest too...had a really strange feeling..wondering if this is the sign i was waited for?
happy.gif
We didn't meet any other priests at the other churches...hehehee...strange huh? </font>

buffy

Morning ladies,

Wah, so many postings liao huh?
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Oraia:</font>
Eh, hee hee... U and ssmilezz and I are all snakes huh? Hee... Such a coincidence. Ys BS is BV huh? I have seen mag features on them as well as their ads. Their gowns are nice!
happy.gif

Since yr AD is before mine so have you gone for your first fitting yet? If so, any pics to share? Hee... If my gowns turn out alright, of course can share pics. Hahahahahahaa...
lol.gif
But not so early lah, think it will be sometime in like May/June period 'cos that's when I would have tried my EG and tea dress as well.

Oh, u were at St Mary's for Maundy Thurs huh? Me too! I bought some Kueh Pie Tee for makan. Hee... Yah, the food was very nice. I wanted to buy the book but it was so crowded there that I gave up. Think will get it tonight or maybe next week.

<font color="0077aa">Celtricia:</font>
Oh... So u are busy with reno at the moment as well huh? Where is yr new nest?
happy.gif

<font color="119911">Beaver:</font>
Hey beaver, received yr email liao! Thanks so much for sharing yah? Likewise, if I still sotong, will hv to trouble you for help.
lame.gif

<font color="0000ff">Ssmilezz:</font>
So u have been to SFX. How is the place? U feel comfy with Father John? So it is confirmed u gonna hv the church wedding there?
happy.gif

oraia

morning ladies,

ssmilezz ~ ya ya, i heard trial hair and makeup is done on first appt so tt u'll get an idea of what u'll look like overall when u are trying on the gowns. i tink 1st appt cannot take pics one, if i'm not wrong.
happy.gif
after u go for first fitting ur your own gown, then can take pics.

ebay sometimes oso got e mags ah? okie okie.. i go and try my luck
happy.gif

wah... u went to so many churches ah?
happy.gif
katong... is it holy family? hehehe.
hehehee.. maybe it's the "sign" u were asking for... so how? did you like the church?
happy.gif

buffy~ yup yup am with BV.
happy.gif
i seldom see BV advertising in mags tho'...
i haven't gone for any appts yet. i'm sure ur gowns will turn out beautiful! must rem to show us pics ya? heeee...

u were there at st. mary's too ah? wah... i bought and ate so much!!! i oso ate the kueh pie tee! and chicken pie, and durian puff, and chicken wings, and bot cheesecake, hotcross buns, marble cake... pengz. what a glutton right? heeee...

was it crowded? when i went there wasn't anyone in piety corner. i think there are only about 2 copies of the booklet left on display.
happy.gif

anyone watched passion of christ?

celtricia

hi ssmilezz...

yah lor, me missed my youthful times too.. kekeke... i shall c if i can make it.. as my frens n i will b having dinner at marina sq..

Hi buffy...

Yah busy wif my new hse nw.. My love nest is at bt gombak..

Hey oraia..

Watched d passion liao... so touching.. made me cried so much.. hahaha.. but its worth it..

Anyway ppl!!

Happy Easter to all of U!!!

oraia

hi girls,

happy easter!!
happy.gif

hihi celtricia,

ur new hse at bkt gombak ah?
happy.gif
nx time i'll be quite near you... 2 more mrt stops away. hehe.

yup, i oso watched on good friday. me oso cried so much!
embarrassed.gif

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Buffy ~ I like SFX. It's small and cosy lor...good cos i don't have that many ppl to invite mah...:p hee..didn't really have a chance to interact with Fr John so can't really tell at this point. Erm, should be going ahead with the location. Praying that all goes well....

Oraia ~ huh? really arh? Cannot take pics for the first trial and all that? Hmm...who's your makeup artist? Have u chosen yet?

Ya, Ebay has mags like that too. You can try your luck. Usually, it's some back issues which can be very useful too. The only prob is shipping costs a bomb, cos the mag is so heavy!!

Yeah, FILs enjoy going from church to church to pray. :p hee..u are right! I think it is Holy Family.
happy.gif

SFX is nice lar...single storey building. small and cosy. No complaints...dunno abt the "sign". hee...quite funny when i think abt it. FH commented that i had a shocked look on my face when they were talking to Fr John. *malu*

Celtricia ~ okie dokie...can always sms us if u want to pop by. I can email our contact listing to you if you need yah?
happy.gif

</font>

oraia

hi ssmilezz,

ya.. i think so... can take pic of the makeup/ hair, but cannot take pic with the gowns... i think.. nvm, ur fren can bring camera along lor, and just double check with them.
happy.gif

i have indicated my choice (alicia) after reading abt how good she is, and they have noted. hope they assigned her as my makeup artist.
happy.gif

i just bot the martha stewart wedding mag.. the new one... love her mags! it's a pity they only publish 4 issues a yr. hehe.
oh ya... i'm sure the shipping cost is alot... but it's prob worth it lah... hehe. how often do they publish?

ssmilezz

<font color="119911">Hey Oraia ~ Really arh? so funny hor, only take pics of her upper part of the body. LOL!!

The Knot Mag is published only twice a year lar..so that's why each issue so thick. hahaa...

How's the Martha Stewart mag? I have not seen it before....:p Heard that it's good. Any nice things inside?

I think my kaki chose a male MU artist......she prefer guys to do her face and hair. hee...</font>

oraia

hihi ssmilezz,

i love ur colourful posts!! hehehe. so nice and bright!
happy.gif

ya lor, can take the pics immediately after the trial makeup/ hair, and before she changes into the gowns lor.
happy.gif

orh.....only 2 issues ah? no wonder... surely v nice to read one!
happy.gif

i bought the last issue of martha stewart... then yest i bot the new one. eh... got lah, u just go to all the big bookships ard, shd have. alternatively, holland village's huge mag stand also has it.
v nice to read also.
happy.gif

male MU artist ah? hmmm.. tt would be cedric i suppose?
happy.gif

celtricia

Hi oraia...

Yup... my hse is at bt gombak, where's urs? at yew tee or jurong east?? both also two mrt stations away frm mine leh..kekeke

Hi ssmilezz..

Thanks for d offer.. can email me d contact listing to [email protected]

Thanks again..

oraia

hi celtricia,

hehehe.. oh ya hor... i forgot to indicate the direction hahaha... so blur kekeke.
its yew tee.
happy.gif

oraia

hi celtricia,

eh.... no.. it's an EC, so it's just laying the foundation
biggrin.gif
... so my home will only be ready in 2006...

have to wait patiently lor... hehe. how's ur reno coming along?

ssmilezz

<font color="aa00aa">Hey Celtricia ~ sorry, i'm quite confused now...erm..what do you want me to email you? Let me know and i shall do it for you.
happy.gif

Oraia ~ yo! Gonna email u soon...

Where's your EC??
happy.gif

Yah lor..two issues..so u can imagine how thick. If i can get it by next month hor, will surely bring it for you to see.

Hmm, i think you're right, should be Cedric lar. She's supposed to go there next Fri. So far, dunno whether she's pushing her appt earlier.

Beaver ~ hey! How's everything my dear? Your comp problems solved yet?

I've received your emails too. Thanks for much.
happy.gif

How's your pics coming along? heh heh heh..we're all waiting anxiously to see!!
</font>

oraia

hihi ssmilezz!
happy.gif

my ec's in yew tee... in betw my current home and my fiance's home. so it's quite ideal for me.
happy.gif

u stay in the east right? have u bot ur new home already?

hehehe.. okok... i wait for ur email ok?
happy.gif

really ah? yay yay yay!!
happy.gif
but if the mags too heavy to bring around, its ok lah, no need. i can bring my martha stewarts mags oso.
happy.gif

ur fren's AD is early dec is it? nx fri ah? are u confirmed gg with her? hehe, v exciting!
happy.gif

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Hey Oraia ~
happy.gif

Yew Tee is in the West issit? Yup, i'm staying in the East, FH's home nearby too. We are moving into this place first and then taking out time to look for our house. hee...can't drain all our funds at one go.

I emailed ya..did u get it?

Sure, i will bring it for you. No worries lar, just wonder how long the shipment will take cos i used surface mail (by ship) to save some $$$.

heh heh, maybe u should hor, bring the Martha Stewart mags so can flip flip. Have u more or less decided what kind of WG/EGs u like?

Which church are u holding your wedding?

Ya, hers is in early Dec. How abt yours? I'm waiting for her to confirm the appointment time so i can decide whether can take 1/2 day.
happy.gif
</font>

oraia

hey ssmilezz,

yew tee is eh.. north west. near cck. good hor, stay in east.. i like the east, but somehow nv stayed in the east before.
i'm also gg to stay with fiance's family while i wait for my pl to be ready...

got ur email loh hehe. i replied liao!
happy.gif

hehehehe. by ship ah.. hmmmmm..... will it go round the world then come to you? fr the states ur mags will go and tour japan, hk,... then come to sg. hahahaha. LOL. but true lah, no hurry, so by ship good, save $$.

yaya, i'll bring my martha stewart mags. only got 2 so far. 2nd one just bot. hvn't flip finish. hehe.

me holding wedding in st francis of assisi.west side. mine ah? 12 dec.

dis BV v strange one leh. dunno how they schedule their appts. heard got brides in v early dec still hvn't rec their call for 1st appt.

beaver

hello everyone!
happy.gif
good to see everyone happily getting ready for wedding days
happy.gif

hey smilezz
happy.gif
nope, they finally took my PC away for repair today, they are finall convinced dat there is something wrong with the hard drive. so i'm using my slow laptop, its 5 or 6 years old, this trusty old laptop. it doesn't wanna read CDs anymore, so i can't instal scanner here, and i can't use my CD of AD photos! i hope they repair my PC properly or i konk their heads.

hey oraia, u got the booklet for wedding mass or for marriage outside of mass? it should be the latter for wedding service. its a white booklet with brown words. if u got wrong one and can't change, let me know okie? i lend u my copy.
happy.gif

smilezz, was it u who was asking about walking down the aisle alone? i checked d booklet. the bride is supposed to be accompanied. some preists have practice of going out to meet the bride and her family and all walking in together, i think its rarely practised here. u can check with priest. the whole idea is that the bride is handed to her groom by her family whom she was with, who loves her. this family gives her the groom with whom she will start her new family with. something like dat.i read about the meaning of the bride being "given away" somewhere else. but cannot remember where alredi.
sad.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

take care everybuddy.
happy.gif
happy.gif

the beaver

oraia

hihi beaver,

hehe, nice to see u again!
happy.gif
aiyoh... so how long will dell take to repair ur PC? ya ya, if they dun do a good job, pls koink their head hard hard hahahaha.
biggrin.gif

i bought the booklet for marriage outside mass. cos mine's a sunday, so it can't be a mass anyway.
happy.gif
tts the correct one right? yaya, it's got brown words. looked thru' it briefly already. it looks complicated hehehe.
will look thru' it in more detail when i have more time.
happy.gif

so how's married life? enjoying it?

buffy

Hi ladies,

I have been v busy at work so had not have the time to pop in. How's everyone doing and your wedding preparations?
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">oraia:</font>
Wah wah wah, it sounded like u enjoyed yrself a lot tat day. I wanted to try the goodies too but it was madness. There were so many ppl who were trying to squeeze through to buy the stuff. After a while, I gave up liao. Happy with my Kueh Pie Tee. Hee hee...
biggrin.gif

<font color="119911">Celtricia:</font>
Hey, yr new love nest is quite near my place. I stay at Bt Panjang.
happy.gif
My area was affected by the sudden blackout tat night. U have not shifted in yet right? Think Bt. Gombak was affected too. Quite an experience I must say...
uhoh.gif

<font color="0077aa">ssmilezz:</font>
How is everything on yr end? U gg for fitting soon huh 'cos see that u r considering taking half day leave?

Hee... I very SK 'cos I dunno Martha Stewart also has WGs...
lame.gif

ssmilezz

<font color="0000ff">Oraia ~ haha, u are so cute. Never stayed East in your life and want to stay here?

OIC. oops..yew Tee in NE yah? *blush* I didn't know leh...there's an MRT station there right? When will your new home obtain TOP?

yeah, i think BV have their own way of planning hor..wierd. But it seems to work leh...let me know when they call you okie?
happy.gif

St Francis church...hmm..do you also attend mass with your FH weekly? I must confess that FH and I don't leh...oops.
sad.gif

I also replied to your email liao.....
happy.gif
Go check. heh heh heh

erm, i dunno where the ship will go to lar..but the cost is like only 1/3 of airmail, so i have no choice. hehehe...anyway, i think it's worth the wait!
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

AD is on 12 Dec yah? Where is your dinner venue? Is your wedding close to your birthday? *wink*

Beaver ~ yikes, your PC still not ok yet arh? really go on LOOOONG MC hor. I also keep my fingers &amp; toes crossed for you. Hope Dell manages to revive it soon cos we wanna see your pics!

Guess you've collected it from your photographer?
happy.gif

Yup, that was me with the question. Thanks so much. Going to email ya tonight..got something to ask you. heee...

u take care too!!</font>

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Yo Buffy ~ long time no hear...thought u so busy leh..:p

No lar, my AD still a long way to go. I was talking abt my kaki's upcoming wedding in Dec. Cos she's also signed up with BV..same as our dear Oraia.
happy.gif

When is your AD?? Any news on your first fitting??

don't worry, i've never seen the Martha S wedding mags too. :p hee..just as suaku as you. LOL!</font>

celtricia

hi oraia...

oh its an EC.. hw much u bought for it?

Hi ssmilezz,
the contact list of those going for tml's gathering lor.. heehee

oraia

ssmilezz~ ya lor... like the east leh... like v nice like tt. hehehe. so want to stay there lor. but looks like it won't happen in the near future hehehehe. unless i strike lottery which will be never, cos i nv buy hahahaha.
happy.gif

oh ya ya.. yew tee got mrt. it'll TOP in 2006, hopefully middle part lor.

hehe, will definitely tell u when BV calls me
happy.gif
will prob be so excited hahaha.
bounce.gif

yup yup i attend mass w FH. we go to the novena quite often also.
happy.gif
u mean u don't go tog, or both of u don't go mass at all? hehe. *wink*

nv get ur email leh... aiyah... hope not lost in cyber world ;p

my dinner venue at hyatt.
happy.gif
hehehe, my b'day ah? ya ya... v near to AD. 5 days before. so nx time dec got alot of reasons to take leave and celebrate hor? hehehehe.

oraia

hihi buffy!!!
happy.gif

*WAVES* hehe. yaya... had a really good time at st. mary's. love the church! so wish i cld get married there... but nvm lah.

hehehe. i was there before everybody came out fr mass, i think. so i managed to eat all the goodies hahahaha. promised the lady selling the durian puffs we'll be back nx year hahaha.
the kueh pie tee v nice hor??? yum!!!

martha stewart got wedding mag on ev thg related to weddings lor. not just wedding gowns. not suaku lah.. hehe. i oso just found out a few mths ago ;p

hi celtricia,

i think about 470k. if i'm not wrong....

ssmilezz

<font color="aa00aa">Celtricia ~ aiyoh...so pai sei, i totally lost track of that. I've emailed the contact list to you. Just SMS me ok if u can pop by to say HI!!
happy.gif
There's so far around 15 of us confirmed for tommorrow.

Oraia ~ East also got EC mah..but u prefer to stay NE cos closer to your own family + FH's family right? LOL!!

I definately replied your latest email. Erm, u can check yr email now..LOL!!

Dec is always a super slack month for everyone. A lot of good food and basically FUN FUN FUN!
happy.gif

How many tables are u having at Hyatt?

</font>

buffy

<font color="FF9900">Morning ladies!</font>

<font color="F0099">Ssmilezz:
Yah, have been very busy this entire week 'cos of work so really did not have much of a chance to log on lor... Hee... But glad everyone still remembers who I am.
happy.gif

Oh, my AD is 18 days after Oraia, on 30 Dec. It is a Thurs and will be at Merchant Court. As for fitting, think it will be end of the month but that is only first fitting so nothing much lor. It will be totally bare. Think the 2nd fitting would be more exciting.
</font>

<font color="3399FF">Oraia:
Hahahahahaahaa...
lol.gif
U so funny leh, girl! Can still tell the auntie u will be back next year? You "chope" her first huh? But yah, the kueh pie tee is very nice and it is quite difficult to find nowadays so I did enjoy it lor. We bought 8, I ate 2, HB ate 4 and the other 2 were given to my ILs.

Oh ladies, hee... I will be taking my Rite of Acceptance this Sun at St Mary's. We had a rehearsal last nite. Am quite excited. Hope I dun end up like a blur sotong again...
lame.gif
</font>

oraia

morning ladies!

wah....... so colourful!!!
happy.gif

ssmilezz~ ya... east oso got white water and esparis.. but in pasir ris leh!!! aiyoh. pengz. if i tk the mrt to go bk to my future in-laws or my parents' home, i'll sit until my backside pain ah hahahaha.
and if it's east, but nearer town kind, i cannot afford mah hehehe. tts why must strike lottery.
lol.gif

will prob be trimming my guestlist to about 28 tables. max is 30 but i don't want the room to be so cramped.
happy.gif

were u the one who said u are not having a banquet? hehe, can't rem. sorry.
happy.gif

oraia

hihi buffy,

hehehehe... the auntie very funny oso.... keep introducing all the good food to us... 1st round we bot 3 boxes of durian puffs, and ate 1 box... then we went back to queue for the kueh pie tee and we told her v v nice!! and we told her nx year we'll come back and buy somemore hahahaha.

really ah? this sunday mass? what time? see whr i can go and 'da qi' for u or not? hehehehe. dun worry lah, wun blur sotong.
happy.gif

buffy

<font color="0077aa">Hi hi Oraia:
Hee... Yah, it is this Sun. The 12.30pm mass lor. Ai yah, we rehearsed 3 times last night liao but I still super blur. Never mind lah, I will just blur together with the rest of my friends. Oh, I met my sponsor for the first time liao! Hee... Very nice lady. I think everything will be fine lah. Am thinking what to wear 'cos the RCIA co-ordinator told us cannot be too casual since this is a ceremony. Must be smart casual wor...
biggrin.gif
I think of it now, I feel a little "gan cheong".</font>
lame.gif

oraia

hi buffy,

1230 mass ah... hmmm... see whether i can make it or not...
hehehe, dun worry lah. i'm sure when its ur turn u wun be blur already. just peep at what ur neighbour is doing hehehehe.

must be smart casual ah? wear a shirt lor? can?

dun kan cheong ok?
happy.gif
hehe. jia you! if i can make it for mass at 1230, i'll give u moral support fr the pews hehe.

steff

Hi Oraia,

My guess is ur EC is the Quintet
happy.gif

Just to let u know that there's a forum on it under Home &amp; Deco. It's quite active.

Enjoy
happy.gif