Catholic Advice Needed Please

oraia

hi ssmilezz,

no lah... not glutton lah, i'm sure. just a food lover.
happy.gif

hehehe.
i don't know when's my first appt at BV. still waiting for them to call.
happy.gif
does ur colleague know when she's gg for her 1st appt already?

hi celtricia,

wow.... u sound like u really enjoyed the ee! hope we will too!
happy.gif
it does sound like a fulfilling but tiring weekend!
happy.gif

celtricia

Hi oraia...

yah its enjoying but at d end of d day i do not feel tired at all but most of all i felt rejuvenated by all d discussions n like i'm in a new courtship life.. heehee.

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">celtricia ~ okie dokie, thanks for replying. guess i'll call him end of this year then.
happy.gif
Better to be early...just in case. hehe....

I wonder how many presenting couples and priest are involved in EE. Hmm....

Wow, u really sound like u had FUN! Yay...so seems like it's only Fri night that we need to sleep later and wake her early? Sat night is aright? heee...

How was the sleeping arrangement like? 2 to a room right? Was it cold? Cos i think Beaver mentioned to him that the air con was quite cold.
happy.gif

Hey, i haven't seen u in the 2005 thread for quite some time..pop by lar...

Oraia ~ dunno leh, my colleague quite bo chup bo chup one..i think her AD is in early Dec! LOL! how abt yours? You booked your dinner venue yet?

I went past BV on Sat cos i was going to Faires Inc. It was really crowded!!! There were like 3 - 4 couples having discussion. And i saw Michelle sitting there doing her own stuffs (not attending to anyone). She was wearing this white overall. heee..look very cute with her hair cut.
</font>

oraia

hello ssmilezz,

hehehe... ya lor.. i oso shaking legs now mah ;p my AD ah hehe... almost mid dec. yup, i booked almost ev thg already. only left catering i think hehe. dunno, mabbe nearer the wedding then will have more thing to book that i didn't realise before. hehehe.

are u getting ur ring fr fairies inc? the girls there are so nice!!! but they are often v crowded on sat. oh yah, BV is v crowded on wkends.
happy.gif
even sometimes aft work on wkdays oso quite crowded. any pretty brides there doing fittings?
happy.gif

ssmilezz

<font color="0000ff">Oraia ~ well, since everything is booked, should be ok to sit back and relax mah.....i also don't like to have those last min preparations. Will end up being super kan cheong. hahaha...

When is your dinner venue at?
happy.gif

hehe..i just paid my deposit for my rings at Fairies. FH very lor soh....we were there the entire afternoon and yes, they are really very nice and super duper patient. It is abit costly lar, but i trust the both of them and i think that matters the most ba....
happy.gif

Yah, alot of ppl walked in and out but we made an appointment so wasn't so bad lar...

no leh, i didn't see anyone trying anything. Or issit because the fitting room cannot be seen from outside the shop? *blur*</font>

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Hi Steff ~ thanks! Wow...Beaver's like my shifu and she has been giving me great advice and info. hehee..and since u did help Beaver before, that makes u my shifu too!
happy.gif

I shall email u later this evening at home alright? Thanks again....u have been really kind.

</font>

oraia

hi ssmilezz,

no la.. actually got alot of tiny details to do. i'm just lazy ;p
dinner's at grand hyatt. how abt u?

wow!!! when will u be able to collect ur bands?
happy.gif
so nice. hehe. what design did u decide on? i v kaypoh hor? ;p

orh.. means no bride doing fitting lor. can see fr outside, cos i always 'bio' when i walk past hahaha. the bride-to-be will stand on a high stool during the fitting for michelle to do adjustments.
happy.gif

ssmilezz

<font color="0000ff">Oraia ~ I'm not having a dinner. So one less thing to worry about. heh heh....

It takes 2 months or so for the bands to be done. According to them, after the 1st month, we can go down for a fitting which means we get to see the raw/half completed rings.
happy.gif
I'm really had at describing stuffs...hee..my entire ring is rose gold and has some white gold (interlinked). hee...*excited*

Really? The BTB will stand on a stool like those princess arh? hee..so nice to have someone to fuss around u right? LOL!!

So the next time i pop by, i shall keep my eyes OPEN!!</font>

steff

Haha ssmilezz and all brides to be,

Guess every girl is excited towards their wedding day...

Email me your questions and I shall ans them as much as I can help...

It's a lot of work...EE, gowns, rings, Church, choir...loads of coordination...

But then looking back after the wedding, it will be fond memories for all
happy.gif

celtricia

HI ssmilezz,

hmmm.. there's 2 presenting couples, 1 priest n 1 house couple.. yah.. friday nite quite tiring coz i tink we slept only near to midnite after washing up n all.. den early nxt morning for prayer n mass.. but on sat nite we r let off quite early n on sunday morning can wake up slightly later lor..

I had 3 other room mates wif me in d rm.. It was quite cold but blankets r provided n u can adjust d temperature lor... there's 2 bathing cubicles n a toilet separately lor.. quite nice lah.. like a chalet.. got tv also leh.. kekeke

Aiyoz d 2005 thread is going too fast for me to catch up as i can't use d internet in my office.. haiz.. heehee

Where's BV btw? D Fairies Inc sounds very gd.. can let me noe more?

buffy

Hi ladies,

Pai sei, MIA for a while 'cos I have been a little busy. Let me read thru the above and then catch up with you ladies in a bit.
happy.gif

buffy

<font color="0077aa">Smilezzzz</font>
Oh, each enquirer (that is what I am called) will have like a guide who is known as a sponsor. In each of the sharing session / cell group meeting, how we do it at St Mary's is to follow a guidebook called Our Journey Together (OJT). The sponsors' role is very much like a guardian and will guide you along, explain the passage a little more in detail as well as to also encourage us. In a way, also like a mentor.
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Celtricia</font>
Oh... I saw yr posting above about Philip Lye? Is he good? I just spoke with him on the phone yesterday because my AD is on a Thurs and ILs wanted the church wedding on the same day though HB and I tot to have it the Sunday before so more of our friends can attend. I am trying to do the church wedding at St Mary's and the only thing I am having problem with is a choir since it is a weekday.

Is having a soloist/organist such as Philip and no choir good enough? He told us that he can do it for us on that day. My crowd is not huge, think I will only have about 40 - 50 guests MAX. Any advice? Thanks yeah! I really appreciate all feedback because I am blur like a sotong when it comes to the planning of this church wedding since I am not a Catholic and am only gg through my RCIA.
happy.gif

oraia

hi ssmilezz,

wow! so good... no dinner!!
happy.gif
most envious! hehe. rose gold is v nice!! i like it, but it doesn't really suit my fiance.
ya ya.... i always see brides gg for fittings and they stand on the stool... hehe... i suppose it's easier for michelle to adjust.
happy.gif

hi steff,

thanks!!! if we need any help we'll give u a shout here ya? you're our shifu. hehe.
btw, do ppl normally diy the order of mass for the wedding?

hi celtricia,

BV is in delfi orchard. 3rd floor. wah... hehe, got tv! but i doubt we'll hv any energy left to watch tv, since the prog sounds tight!

hi minx,

*waves* me ah? eh... not yet catholic cos hvn't gone thru' RCIA. but fiance's catholic, so we're hving a church wedding.
happy.gif

hi buffy!
happy.gif

buffy

Hi Hi Oraia,

How's things so far with you? Eh, can kindly refresh my memory where abt u having church wedding and when is it? Hee... Pai sei if you have answered this que like a million times.
lame.gif

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Steff ~ hi hi! I got home too late and was so tired from my gym so didn't have time to email you. hee...will do so tonight for sure.
happy.gif
Love to find out more from you!
Maybe i should list the questions one by one yah? hehehe....:p

Celt ~ hey! So it's 4 to a room instead? cos i think the last time they had it at 17th Ave, it was 2 gals to a room. So everyone has to share 2 toilets all in all yah?

Yeah, looks like i will need to bring a jacket or something, i can't zzz well if the aircon is too cold. LOL~

BV is at Delphi. Have u booked your BS yet? Oraia is a BV bride to be....if u need info abt the package, think have to ask her.
happy.gif

Yes, why don't you call up Fairies Inc to see their rings? They are always crowded and it's better if u have an appointment to take a look first. But the price is rather costly i should say. What else do u wish to know? They need 2 months to custom make the rings. :p

Oraia ~ haha...FH was trying his best to get used to the Rose Gold shade and finally, decided to go for it. :p

I don't have many friends nor relatives to invite actually. We managed to convince the older folks that we want to keep in a small and personal event so having a reception will allow us time to mingle with our guests. :p

Hey, talking abt BV, remember that colleague who's marrying in Dec? Well, I think Michelle told her she needs to come down by end of Apr to start on her MTM WG. So i think your appointment should be coming up soon too right?

Buffy ~ hi !!
happy.gif
Thanks for explaining to me. Do you have to find a sponsor of your own? Or are u actually assigned a sponsor? *confused*
</font>

buffy

Hi ssmilezz,
Oh, the sponsors are being allocated to us. Father Phillip will have an interview session with us to see if we have any special concerns or requests. Alternatively, if you know of someone who is willing and able to help you on this journey, you can also ask him/her to be your sponsor.
happy.gif

<font face="Harrington"><font color="006666"><font size="+1">Ladies, need some assistance urgently. Apparently, there is a soloist by the name of Andre Danker, anyone has his contacts? Thanks!</font></font></font>

beaver

Harros!
I’m back from honeymoon. Came back from honeymoon to find dat my PC’s crashed!
happy.gif
I’m using my office PC to do a fast posting now!

Oraia,
happy.gif
thanks. Yeap! I enjoyed honeymoon very much! Am all brown from Samui sun now. I love Thailand. Mmmm…. Yah, have to wake early for EE. And must eat fairly fast. But not likely yo go hungry. I like the food v much, even took a serviette with the caterer’s address! But misplaced while packing to move house! Hee… EE was tiring, and we enjoyed it! We learnt a lot. For me, I put some things in perspective and realize that I don’t always have to be right, and even if I am right, that may not be the most important. I’m still benefiting from what I learnt at EE.

hallo Steff *waves* howz married life??
happy.gif
happy.gif

Buffy *waves* AD went fine! The church wedding was v nice. After I get my AD photos, shall I send to you and Smilezz to give an idea of what its like? When Fr Phil blessed the rings by splashing water on them, my 6 year old nephew the ring bearer protested cos it was getting the cushion wet!
lol.gif
I first met Fr Mike years ago when he was spiritual director of a trip. He came across as very human to me then. A couple of years after dat, I heard his homily at Mass and was really impressed at the depth of his preaching, which came with caution and affirmation. Buffy, you’ll be driven around dat day, so dun worry too much about the distance okie? I went from Simei to Bt Batok to Sembawang to Yishun. The fren who was driving made it very smooth.
Philp Lye sang for our church service and many people praised his singing (except for one gal who said his singing is “too emotional at times”. ), and some said he sounded like Elvis Presley. I wasn’t very keen on choir for various reasons and was pleasantly surprised that Philip charges less than choir. Philip played music before and after the service too. Sorry, I donno Andre Danker. :p

I don’t wanna watch Passion *covering eyes*. I heard its v violent and graphic! Scared!
Hello Chrsyanne (Do you have a sister called Merilyn?)
happy.gif
Hello Angie Baby.
happy.gif
Hello Celtricia
happy.gif
I’m the beaver
happy.gif
Celtricia, EE got TV ah?? Aiyoh! I didn’t know! Heee….
Smilezz, your sponsor is like your mentor / befriender. This person is a Catholic who will journey with you.
happy.gif
When you arrive for EE and register, they tell you your room number, and you’ll meet your roommate when you go to your room, or when she comes to the room, whoever comes first. I had a very nice roommate, v friendly gal. The EE helpers prepare your breakfast – I think its bread, jam, omelette type. Lunch and dinner are catered. The rice and food kind. Buffet style. Even for desserts! I loved their chempadak dessert! Oooh… I better stop thinking about the food at EE, getting hungry and I just had lunch! Anyway, my EE was at Punggol not Changi lor, so I think the environment will be different. Philip sang v well for my wedding! He moved from the organ to the synthesizer and back again. Before service started, he played music. And played music after service ended too! Hey, my wedding band is also rose gold with white gold.

Hey, anyone needs Philip lye’s contact, can email me at [email protected] its still fresh in my memory!
happy.gif

Oh, my wedding service was also fairly small. About 70people.

Ok, got lots of work to clear. Catch up with you all later!
happy.gif

Take care everyone!

The beaver

buffy

Hi Beaver!!!!

So nice to hear from you! Welcome back! Ok ok... Thanks for the feedback on Philip. I spoke to him on the phone liao.
happy.gif
Was thinking of using him as the organist as well as engaging a soloist.

Ohhhhh... Yr band Rose gold with white gold as well huh? My first one was like tat. Then I blur sotong, lost it!
sad.gif
Very sad and quite heartache. I got mine 2+ years back when I ROMed and now, I have a pair (for HB as well). However, I still think abt the old one so was thinking of having one custom made again lor. Got special significance lah as HB bought tat for me one. Sigh...

Beaver, please upload yr pics ASAP leh!!!! I cant wait! Oh, no lah, not just the distance. HB and I prefer to do it at SMOTA because am attending RCIA there and Father Philip is also journeying with us so I really wanted him to be my celebrant as it is more meaningful for me lor.
lame.gif
Hee hee... Yr newphew so funny! Protested huh? Hahahahahaahahaa...

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Buffy ~ Ahh, so does it mean the sponsor needs to follow u thru-out your entire RCIA?

Beaver ~
bounce.gif
YO YO YO!!!
bounce.gif
I did hear from Jo that yr home comp crashed. hehee....hope u get it up and working soon yah??
bounce.gif

Ooo...so now u look all toasty and brown from your honeymoon. hehehe....welcome back welcome back! Hope u don't have too much office work piled up yah....
lol.gif

hehe..your nephew really very adorable.
rofl.gif

Oh my, the EE food looks promising hor..haha...oh no, now Oraia will be able to recognising me as the gal who's loitering near the buffet table non stop and keep going there for 2nd &amp; 3rd helpings. LOL! hahaha...ssshhhhh....
embarrassed.gif

Same kind of rings! *high 5* hee...i'm looking forward to getting mine. :p

Hey, do send me your AD pics and your PS yah? I think the last time i saw your PS, it was those rejects right?

have u seen Jo &amp; dnky's pics yet? Also very nice!!
happy.gif

</font>

beaver

hallo smilezz
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

yeah, home PC crashed. its still crashed lor. using my office PC and quickly post.
dkny sent photos ah? i think she didn't send to me! *wail!!!* i haven't caught up wif flamingo postings yet! managed to see Jo's images in small version on old laptop. takes v long to enlarge. i'm waiting for dell to give me a solution dat works to recover my PC! then i can make dat hompage about catholic service. yeah, i'll scan my photos and put on link when i get my AD pixes. eeee? which reminds me, i can call andrew tay today to ask if they're ready! thanks for reminding me!
bounce.gif

beaver

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Yo beaver ~ Your poor home comp must be overworked from all your wedding preparation. hahah.....:p so it's taking a short break now too.

yup, go check out dkny's pics. Very pretty gal...:p heee.....so u did see Jo's pics yah? Her EG very sexy...can see her tummy...i was asking her if her FH had a nosebleed when he saw her in the EG. hahaha!!
happy.gif

U are going to do that catholic wedding website?? COOOL!!! I think it will be super useful for everyone hor...

I thought your pics were in digital format? So they are not? *blur*

Yup yup! Go check on the pics.....*excited*
</font>

oraia

hihi gals,

ssmilezz ~ think it's 2 to a room,tts what i heard fr my fren who just went for the ee a couple of weeks ago.
happy.gif

tink i'll also bring jacket... brrr.. i'm also scared of cold. hehehe.

hehe... we went for good ole platinum rings instead cos fiance didn't quite like the rose gold.
happy.gif
but it suited my skin tone. i like it leh! but nvm lah...

realli ah?
bounce.gif
ur colleague gg end apr ah? hmm.. i suppose mine's prob either early or mid may then. still waiting patiently for them to call me.
happy.gif

hehee... fr the way beaver described, the food sounds so yummy hor? don't worry, i'll also hang ard the buffet table with you. ;p hehehehe.

hello beaver!!!!!!!
happy.gif

welcome back!! wow, you sound really lively, happy and chirpy!!! must be looking sun-kissed and radiant after ur honeymoon!
happy.gif

can u oso share ur AD photos with me after you upload it, pretty pls?
happy.gif

ssmilezz

<font color="0000ff">Oraia ~ Platinum was too ex for us. :p heh heh..where did u get your rings from?
happy.gif

Yah, my colleague is going down soon. She's getting excited too...she was telling me can't decide which photographer to take up yet. What abt yourself? Have u chosen your photographer?

Beaver did a good job enticing us with the food. :p okie dokie, set..so i will probably find u at the buffet table. hahahaa....</font>

oraia

hi ssmilezz,

me ah... got plain bands (wo diamonds) fr tiffany and co.
happy.gif

hehehe.... has BV called ur colleague yet? i'm sure it's exciting!
happy.gif
i chose andrew choi.

hahahaha... we'll prowl rd the buffet table tog ok? ;p

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Hi Oraia ~ wow..your rings must have cost a BOMB! heh heh...
happy.gif

I will ask my colleague tommorrow cos she's not around. and then let u know okie?

She told me that she was deciding between Andrew Choi and another one. I can't remember. *getting old*

Actually hor, we should send our FH to get food. So we both can sit and enjoy...won't look like gluttons. hee....make them our scapegoats. LOL!
</font>

buffy

Hmmm... U ladies all gg for EE hor? Anyone has any feedback on MPC instead? Me have to register for either one soon...
happy.gif

lenz

i went for MPC and I love it!
happy.gif
There are some couples who attended MPC even though they went for EE before. And after MPC, they commented that MPC is a deeper level of EE. and they enjoyed MPC too!

celtricia

Hi Buffy...

For me, i tink having philip lye is gd enuff.. Coz 3 of my uncles had him as their organist as well as singer.. Can't say much abt andre danker.. din really like his singing.. heehee.. so no point lor.. kekeke... But dat's my preference.. if u wan can try out too.. hehe

Hi oraia..

Not really lah.. on d saturday nite i tink u'll haf d energy lor.. coz we got lots of free time dat day.. even haf time for afternoon nap.. kekeke.. so no worries..

Hi ssmilezz..

Some of d gals r 2 to a rm but most of us haf 4 to a rm.. tink it all basically lies down to hw many participants too.. There's two toilets.. one whh is for bathing haf two cubicles for bathing another is for u to release ur waste.. heehee.. I've areadi got a BS package.. but was tinking of getting rings for my customary..

Another thing.. no worries abt d air con as it can b adjusted.. but u sure nid to bring a jacket for urself during d lectures.. as d rm is pretty cold.. /clipart{happy}

Hi beaver... Yah there's tv.. but not much time to watch if u r those who luv to slp.. heehee..

steff

Hi oraia,

Think when u see the priest, he will give u a booklet where there's a format to follow for the Mass/Service booklet. It can vary but certain portions mus be included.

Hi Beaver,

Welcome home! Yeah yeah sunny Thailand for honeymoon. I went to Phuket for mine. It was hot hot hot. Came back toasted as well. Glad u had a nice wedding and that Philip Lye was able to sing at your wedding.

Hope to see your photos soon
happy.gif

ssmilezz

<font color="aa00aa">Hey Celtricia ~ really arh? Still have afternoon nap? hee...that's very reassuring...zzzz..good for a sleephead like me.

hehee..u are so cute..another toilet for "releasing your waste" sounds so dainty. Erm, i would have used the words..."for your SH** &amp; P**" oops...LOL!! *beep* censored!!!
rofl.gif

Which BS are you with?
happy.gif
Ahh....so have u scouted around for your rings yet?

Hellooo Steff ~ i finally emailed ya..you've got MAIL!
</font>

oraia

hi ssmilezz,

hehehe..a small bomb... enuff to bomb a hole in pockets ;p

ur colleague's probably deciding betw andrew choi and chris ling? chris ling is quite popular.
happy.gif
btw, did u intro SB to her?

hi buffy,

we chose ee cos the MPC requires 6 wks, and the timing's not so convenient for us cos of work. but i have heard ppl saying that the MPC is a really good experience as well!
happy.gif
go for it!

hi celtricia,

wah... still got time for nap... hehe.. it's beginning to sound not so bad, after all...
hahaha... was quite apprehensive after i heard my fren's feedback after he came back.

hi steff,

okie!!
happy.gif
thanks! can diy and use printer and print our i suppose?
we'll hv to choose our own hymns etc. as well?

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Hey oraia ~~ I don't think it was Chris Ling leh..i would have remembered. But she told me she had already visited both of the photographers. She knows abt SB but i am not too sure if she is registered and posts at the BV thread.
happy.gif

Yup, u can chose your own hymns/readings and so on. Just like art and craft project. hehee..as long as the Priest approves the booklet u can go ahead and print it.
happy.gif

</font>

buffy

Hi Oraia / Lenz / Celtricia,

Thanks for the feedback on MPC. I will need to speak to HB first so that we can agree which to go for lor. Hmmm...

Celtricia:
Hee... I very curious, how is Andre Danker's style like huh? And then versus that of Philip Lye? Because I have not heard or seen either. Oh, one thing someone told me was to have a commentator to prompt Philip Lye when to start and stop as well as to signal to the guests what they should be doing. Just wanted to share this. Celtricia, so where is your church wedding going to be? And when?
happy.gif

Lastly, can someone kindly advise me on the entire church wedding rite? What will happen first and then next, etc? Ours will be a service since I am still attending RCIA. I am very blur lah, and my ILs lagi more funny, cant really remember so end up telling me things that are also tak pah keh! Hahahahahahaa...
lol.gif
Then after listening, HB and I lagi more blur. So I tot to ask u ladies since you probably have either attended some or have started planning so will know more than me! Hee hee... Pai sei but I am really lost.
lame.gif

bellebelle

Mine was a service too. What people said was that the service is just without the holy communion. You can ask your priest for a sample copy of a service then you can make some changes from there.

I was given a whole booklet of the rite of marriage and I chose my readings from there.

beaver

harros!
buffy, i will email u my service booklet and u can just change from there. but PC at home crashed, so i can only email it to you tomorrow okie? i have it saved on a floppy disk
happy.gif

buffy

Oh wah, so fast got reply! Blushblush, thanks for the advice!

Beaver - yes, would appcreciate greatly if you can PM me and email it over to me! Thanks so much leh. Here I am blur like a sotong!
embarrassed.gif

Oh, beaver, who sang at your wedding? Is it the choir or you got a soloist and an organist? Thanks once again. Ohhhh... Are your photos ready? Am also anxiously waiting!
happy.gif

ssmilezz

beaver ~ u mind if i email your booklet to Buffy? Cos i have a soft copy with me...can email to buffy this evening.
happy.gif

Buffy ~ wait for my email hor....can see u getting kan cheong. heh heh.. Phillip Lye sang at beaver's wedding.
happy.gif

Oraia ~ wei, i checked for you already...my friend is going down to BV in 2 weeks time. Very fast right? Dunno what's the rush. :p

buffy

wah wah wah,

Thanks ssmilezz! Ok, I will wait for the email this evening. Ai yah, of course excited lah. I dunno how to tell you this but if I really am able to do it at St Mary's with Fr Phillip as my celebrant, it would be very meaningful for me as he is the priest that is journeying with us on RCIA. So, this is the parish where I am seeking my faith, thus, I would love to have the church wedding there lor. Let's hope ILs are agreeable.

Thus, with the booklet and all, at least I am more knowledgeable and ILs can be more "fang xin" to let us handle it ourselves. Because at the moment, they are planning almost everything without telling HB and I and we are also like very lost with their enthusiasm. Hee hee...
biggrin.gif

ssmilezz

Buffy ~ ok ok..promise to do that this evening hor....can u PM me? So i can have your email addy?
happy.gif
Have you spoken to your ILs which church yet?? heee...i have collected quite a few booklets already..kia su hor...:p

What have your ILs been up to? so cute....
happy.gif

beaver

harros!
smilezz
happy.gif
of cos u may email my wedding service booklet to buffy. hey gals, i have some spelling errors in there. i cleared all those up later. and i forgot to put a "please sit" somwhere. cannot remember where alredi. will let u know when i see the service booklet again. i'll email u both the tidied up version as soon as i can. but with regards to how to plan the service, this one with the 3 or 4 typos is ok. Fr Phil approved dis one. there is also something about blessing of matrimonial candle, which we opted not to do. but i will email you the words, in case you would like to do it. i'll email a schedule so you know how many people u need during ther service - eg commentator, 1st reader, 2nd reader, ring bearer, witnesses etc.
Buffy, Fr Phil was our celebrant. he was vvvv nice! er, had to Phils at wedding. Fr Phillip and Philip Lye! since u doing RCIA at St Mary's, there is this book called "Together for Life" at the Piety Shop. there are two versions, one with title brown, its for weddings outside of Mass. that book has various passages from the bible that can be used for the wedding service, and prayers of the faithful etc. it's a very useful guide to planning wedding service. its about $10. i found it v useful, else have to thumb thru various books and bible to get appropriate readings.Don't get the wrong version. the other version is for Wedding Mass. Both have same title. Wedding service one has title printed in brown, and says on the cover "...weddings outside of Mass"

Smilezz, me still trying to catch up wif flaminogo thread. so many postings! i think i have to wait til my home comp is up again, cos can't spend so much time wif it at work lo.

K gals! i go back to work!

oraia

hi ssmilezz,

xie xie, xie xie!!
happy.gif
u very cute leh. hehehe.
no rush lah, where got rush? i've got friends whose wedding is near the tail end of dec, and their gowns are almost ready leh. now, that's fast!
happy.gif

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Hey Oraia ~ Who knows u might end up seeing my colleague there between fittings since your ADs are so close hor...

Huh? their gowns already all DONE? so fast!! how abt their PS??

hey hey Beaver ~ i hope your home comp gets well soon....heh heh....yeah, Flamingo thread quite busy lately....all thanks to Jo. She's really very funny. :p

Okie dokie, we will wait for your schedule. Maybe u can name that attachment/word document as ..."A Dummy's guide to HOW to plan a CHURCH wedding". :p Must charge copyrighting fees hor...

</font>

buffy

ssmilezz:
Oh ILs hor, went to talk to their church (actually nt really their parish as the "rightful" parish is at St Anne's which is not the one they attend), choir and even getting the priest there to be our celebrant. We only found out about it on Sat and so it was a shock. Because all these while, I have been speaking to Fr Phillip and Jane (secretariat office) about the dates availability and MPC, etc. So I did not have the slightest idea they went ahead with so many things without telling us. So, I had the idea that Fr Philip will be my celebrant because he is super nice, I feel very comfy with him. It is something that I feel since Day 1 of my RCIA programme.

I did tell them that I prefer it to be at my own parish and they were telling me abt having to get a choir and all. And they said they are able to get the choir over at their church. However, our guests would be very few lah, maybe 50pax max since it is a weekday. So HB and I feel that no need to have full choir to be there so we were thinking of having Philip Lye lor. Then they were telling us that we do not know how to plan for one and they have friends who will help us at the church. But our worries is that with parents' friends, they are one step "removed" from us. Unlike our own friends whom we know very well, thus, not shy to ask for help here and there and can call them at anytime. When they are parents' friends, it is not so nice to "demand" so much from them. So, we are worried abt the communication part as so much needs to be done for the planning of the church wedding. And it would be detrimental if somehow things did not turn out well and then how? Plus our friends are very willing to take leave to attend our church wedding (my AD is a Thurs and church is in the morning) as well as the rehearsal. For ILs' friends, we also cannot demand that they be there. So, there are a lot of issues and concerns lor.
uhoh.gif

Beaver: Ok ok, so the book i should get is the brown one which has the title "weddings outside of Mass". Think will get it ASAP.

Please email me the works - schedule lah, words lah, those parts u opted out, etc. I'd rather have the full pic and then discuss with HB and from there, decide what we would wanna opt out.
happy.gif
Thanks soooooo much!

Oraia:
Huh? You have friends who are having weddings in dec and gowns are almost ready? Wah, my AD is 30 Dec and I have not even gone for my first fitting yet.
lame.gif
Wah, I jat lat man...

<font face="Tahoma"><font color="f0099">Oh, anyone knows where I can get the Matrimonial candles? I heard that nice big white ones are very difficult to find.</font></font>

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Buffy ~ I have a silly qn....*raises hand* What do you mean by a celebrant? The priest who's going to marry the couple??

Ahh..i understand your concerns. Don't worry too much ok? I'm sure things will work out fine. But the first issue that you need to tackle right now is to decide on which church. if like what u say, your peference is to be at St Mary. Then let them know yah??
happy.gif
How abt your FH? Does he have any preference??

U know something, even though i am planning for my wedding to be at SFX, i have not been there before!! I will only be visiting the place tommorrow evening for the first time! Unbelievable right? :p hee....

which BS did u sign up with? Going for MTM issit? Probably got to start work soon liao..heh heh...so fun!</font>

buffy

Hi ssmilezz:

Yup! It is the priest who will marry us.
happy.gif
Yah, both HB and I prefer SMOTA 'cos it is like our community lah. When I attend mass there, I will bump into my fellow RCIA mates and we will chat and all so, somehow feel more attached lor. HB also prefers that place 'cos he used to be a sponsor there, though 'cos of work commitment, he cant continue being one which is why I am sorta on my own for my RCIA.
lame.gif

I guess the only thing I am worried abt is the delegation of duties lor. Ai yah, u know how difficult it is to get relatives and parents' friends to help sometimes? Because they are like more "senior" then cannot expect too much. But with friends, we can arrange to meet up like 2 - 3 times and it would be OK. And in the worst case scenario, if things do not turn out well, we can always pull friends one side and like prompt them a bit but with parents' friends, how to? We may look rude and disrespectful.
uhoh.gif

Ohhhh... U r gg to SFX huh? I have not been there before, only to SVDP which is the one my ILs attend lor.

I signed up with Wedding Present and yes, gg for MTM. Actually did measurements and had the designing session liao. WG and Tea Dress confirmed. 1st fitting for WG is coming soon, next next week. It is the EG design not settled. Ai yah, it is me lah, super fussy. Hee hee...

U leh? When is AD and which BS? Oh, I PMed you liao!

oraia

hihi ssmilezz,

hehe.. ya hor... hehe, but i'll most prob go on weekday afternoons. cos weekends and after work in the evenings always v crowded. if hv to wear gown and come out and stand on stool, i v shy lah ;p

ya lor... not all done yet lah.. almost done liao. PS mabbe in june/ jul lor. v fast hor? hehe.
oh i heard SFX vv nice for weddings leh!
happy.gif
i oso nv go before ;p

beaver jie jie, can email me oso when u've "tidied" up the doc? many many thanks! [email protected]
hehe, i shall oso pop by st. mary's little shop to find that brown book.

buffy, dun worry lah... ur AD 30 dec ah? later than mine mah... so u're in good time.
happy.gif
mine more than half a mth before urs leh. at least u already settled ur WG and teadress liao.
biggrin.gif
i oso hvn't done anything mah. hehehe.

big candles ah? have u tried the big catholic shop near the NTUC income bras brasah there? they shd have it....
happy.gif

lenz

hi buffy, i bought my matrimonal candle in bras basah. 3rd floor i think. here's a picture of the candle size. can't see the details fr this pic. but the actual candles have those pearl trimmings and the passage "Love is patient, love is kind..."

72140.jpg

bellebelle

buffy,

You have to check with your priest if it's ok to have the matrimonial candles because some priest does not allow it as they feel that it's too commercialised