Catholic Advice Needed Please

leeds

Blythe,

Can show me some pics that you took in St Theresa? Sounds really pretty & I like the idea of marching down a very long isle.
happy.gif

Is it air-con though? My FH insist on having air-con church….

rhs

leeds,
It depends on how the pics are taken
happy.gif
If you see the link I gave you, there are pics of march-in with my dad taken from the front of the church and on both sides the pews are empty. If you're still worry, ask the photographer to take more close-up shots rather than the whole church.

One thing to note, long aisle usually means bigger church. If you want the church to look fuller, it's better to choose the smaller one. Just a thought ...

small_lamb

hi leeds,

The church is not air-con. I prefer something that is traditional...as for the photos I will try send it to you soon...

ssmilezz

Hi Oraia!

Yes, I am going for EE too. Have you confirmed your session in May? Which date is it? Early or end May?

I've registered for the May session. Any idea when will I know if i will be confirmed for the slot?

happy.gif

oraia

hi ssmilezz,

yup, my session in may is confirmed. i think it's late may.
which may session have u registered for?
after you've sent the cheque and they have received and processed it, an email will be sent to u for confirmation. did u just register? it'll prob take a couple of weeks or so.
happy.gif

ssmilezz

harlow!
happy.gif

hehe..guess u must be @ work too like me and checking on the forum on & off.

I also registered for late May's session. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that i will be confirmed for the session. If all goes well, at least we have each other for company!

Any idea how many couples are there usually for each EE?

steff

Hi BinBin,

I have this freelance chap who sang at my wedding. He goes around the Catholic community playing for wedding masses. He plays the piano/organ. He's blind and charges $200. He's Catholic so he knows the entire Wedding Mass. His wife will tag along to help him. As such, I asked her to read my intercessions for me and she did.

Things went well and he sounds nice. If interested, send me your email. I can send his contact.

beaver

Hi Steff,
Is it Philip Lye whom you got to sing for your wedding? may i know if you had a Mass or a service you had? I'm having a service, and would like to ask Philip, in case there's a price differentition for his services.
my email is [email protected]

thank you very much!
happy.gif

the beaver

ssmilezz

Hi Oraia!

You still in this thread ?
happy.gif
just want to let you know i'm confirmed for the May EE session. Will probably see you there! hee

oraia

hi ssmilezz,

oh dear! i think somehow, i must have missed ur last posting cos i didn't read it till now!
happy.gif

so sorry! hehe.

yay!!! urs is on 21-23 may too?
i haven't got any idea how many couples attend each run of the EE. will ask my colleague when he comes bk. i think he's gg for it soon...

buffy

Hi ladies,

Need to check with you on 2 things. The first thing is if any of you have heard that there is a new ruling that we have to get married at our parish? That means we cannot get married at another church unless the priest is willing to do it for us.

The second thing is anyone having a weekday church wedding? 'Cos my AD is on a Thurs and I understand that most church weddings happen on a weekend. The secretariat told me that it is entirely up to the priest to decide if he is OK to marry you off.

I am attending mass at St Mary's and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Father Philip. Anyone????

beaver

Hi Buffy,
I'll be getting married at St Mary's on 27th March, and Fr Phil will be conducting our wedding service. I do not belong to SMOTA. Technically speaking, my parish is Holy Trinity but I didn't approach them (dunno anybody there). Went straight to Fr Phil. I haven't heard of any ruling that we must get married in our own parish.

I think getting married on weekday might have the advantage of a less busy day for the church cos there's usually novena and evening mass on weekends and perhaps choir practices.....

hey, if you need to email me, my addy is [email protected]

the beaver

steff

Hi xiaodingdang,

Yes, it's Philip. Forgot his name till u mentioned it. Will email u his tel no when i go dig out my Mass book. I had a Wedding Mass.

Will send you soon.

oraia

hi buffy,

yup, i don't think there's a new ruling tt we hv to get married at ur own parish...cos some parishes don't conduct wedding masses on sundays... then no choice, have to go elsewhere to get married.

father philip is v nice.
happy.gif
we wanted to get married at st. mary's as well, but it's been booked for my date.
sad.gif

ssmilezz

Hello oraia!
happy.gif

Yup, finally confirmed. Looking forward to it. Beaver told me that there's around 40 - 50 ppl. So dunno if we will meet each other.

Hi beaver!!

How's your preparation coming along? Your big day is drawing close..i shall be praying for good weather and lots of happiness for you and elf. *hugz* you have been very helpful and i'm sure to "bug" you after your AD for help. hehe

buffy

Hi everyone,

<font color="ff6000">Oraia</font> Thanks for your advice. I also dunno where my ILs heard it from. So strange. And some more die die insisted that it is true. Could it be because I am not a catholic??? Anyhow, since I am attending RCIA now, I will ask father philip tonight if I see him.

<font color="0000ff">the_beaver</font>
Hey, you've got mail! I emailed you last evening, so please check! Thanks dearie.
happy.gif

oraia

hi buffy,

no probs.
happy.gif
are u attending RCIA at st. mary's now? how is it?
nope, i don't think it's cos u are not catholic tts why got dis kind of new ruling leh...
cos i'm not yet one myself.
happy.gif

beaver

thanks steff
happy.gif

hi smilezz *waves and hugz* u r here too! thanks for your prayers
happy.gif
no problem, i'd love to help u after my AD.
happy.gif
wanna put wat i learnt to good use.

buffy
happy.gif
i emailed you on mar 12 alredi. did u manage to speak to Fr Phil about it?
happy.gif
do u think Fr Phil is about 2m tall? dun worry too much about finding out new rules. hee hee... i also found out "rules and regulations" in the course of my wedding prep dat confused me. u r not facing this cos u r not yet baptised. cos me catholic and me also confused! not all the "rules and regulations" were correct anyway. sometimes, people misunderstand some things as rules la. heeheehee... i got v frustrated at one point about this and didn't look forward to my church wedding even! but am ok now la, got bigger perspective thanks to some brides in a forum. its best to check with the priests, cos there are differences here and there in different parishes.

oraia, u also doing RCIA?
happy.gif
which priest leh?ur AD coming soon?

hey, those who are gonna attend EE
happy.gif
its good. i went. keep open mind.
happy.gif
communicate communicate communicate. it was v good. i can't remember exactly how many people were there, cos the attention was all focussed on my partner. v good chance to communicate with partner!

the beaver

oraia

hi xiaondingdang,

oh yeah... father philip is soooooooo tall!!! hehehe...

me not yet doing RCIA. not this year at least, cos it's too hectic. prob next year.
happy.gif

yup my AD is in Dec.... still some time away.

how about u?

what was the EE like, btw? is it just some "lectures" and then pte sharing w partner? we don't have to share with everyone present right?

beaver

hello oraia
happy.gif

yeah, i ws thinking of looking for a pair of stilts to get married at st mary's, but the floor is too slippery, so i will fall if i wear stilts
lol.gif
. fr phil is sooo tall, my partner is 1.81m, and i'm only 1.55m. i'll just have to settle for 4 inch heels...

my AD is 27 march 04.

yeap, its bascially some presenters sharing with the group, giving some questions and time for all to mull over, and communicate communicate communicate with partner. there was some v brief needing to address everyone - like introduce yourself or give some opinion right at the beginning and right at the end of the EE session (v simple one lah!), but no, don't have to bare your hearts to all present or anything like dat. and no tacky games with silly forfeits etc. be prepared to share and share with your partner.

EE is usually held in ME building. two to a room. each room has its own wash basin and small mirror. i had a room with a noisy aircon (old building). so if humming droning noise will keep u awake, bring ear plugs.
lame.gif
. gals on one level, guys on another level. bathrooms/loos are at both ends of the corridors.

good on u dat u r doing RCIA.
happy.gif
hope u enjoy it when it comes round. i've sat in a few. depending on who the priest is, can be quite interesting. i thot the better ones so far are Fr Richards Ambrose (he's blunt, doesn't mince his words, and he tells the truth straight) and the-Fr Nicholas Chia (same, he's blunt and straight talking. i like dat!)

the beaver

oraia

hi xiaodingdang,

wow!!!! 4-inch heels??!!!! trying to imagine how i'll be able to walk in heels tt high!!
uhoh.gif

really like stilts leh!!
biggrin.gif

ur AD is coming up soon!! so exciting!! are u really busy now?

hmmm... err... EE sounds kinda scary... hope it will be ok when it's my turn!
happy.gif

how come u've sat in a few RCIA? are u a sponsor for various ppl? i think it'll be quite interesting... now i just need to find the time to attend it for almost a yr!
happy.gif

ssmilezz

Hi beaver!!
happy.gif

Hope you feeling much better by now yah?? Yup yup, we discuss more after your AD. hee...Is your WG/EG all ready? Gone for your final fitting yet?

What's ME building? *scratches head* I think the EE that Oraia &amp; I are going (in May) is at Ponggol? Er...can't recall. Shucks..gotta check on my info again.

I've never worn heels more than 2 inches!! Yikes, i'll probably need a pole to balance myself if i ever wear something 4 inches! LOL!! :D

I just went past St Mary's this evening.
happy.gif
It's huge and very nice. There was a campfire going on. Think it's probably some activity for those school kids cos it's their March Hols!

Oraia ~ hi hi! Guess we have another thing in common too..I've not gone for my RCIA yet too. hehee...Don't be nervous abt EE yah? I'm sure everyone who's attending is still quite blur too cos dunno what to expect.
happy.gif

buffy

Morning ladies,

I did not have much of a chance to log in over the weekend so let me read all the new postings and reply...
happy.gif

buffy

<font color="ff6000">Oraia</font>

Oh yeah, I am attending RCIA there now. So far so good. I actually called up St. Joseph's and St. Mary's for the RCIA course but in the end, went ahead with St. Mary's instead.

Mainly 2 reasons:
- St. Joseph's RCIA will start only after Easter and I really wanted very much to start ASAP
- The way RCIA is conducted there

It really depends very much on what "learning style" you like. Some of the churches conduct it almost like a class where the priest will teach some readings from the bible and then there will be a break out session to discuss and then back to the bible again.

St. Mary's does it using a book which is called Our Journey Together (OJT for short) and each session is conducted usign a chapter of this book. There are 3 parts to the book where the first part basically uses "live instances" (things / experiences from our everyday lives) where we will read the short story and then discuss about it. Thereafter, we will go through a reading from the bible, discuss it and the last part of the session is a sharing session of our own experiences and how they relate to the story.

I sorta prefer this sort of sharing session so as to learn by listening to others and then share our faith together. So, in a way, it is very much based on your learning preference.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">beaver</font>
Hey, I got yr mail. Will reply in a bit...
happy.gif
So check yr acc at end of day yah?

Wah, 4" heels???!!!??? I can barely balance in 3.5" and I guess I am used to being petite liao lah. Am only 157 - 158. Thankfully my HB is not very tall, think 173 / 174. So it is still ok.

Actually, to be frank, HB and I have been under all kinds of scrutiny because we are doing e/thing backwards. We ROMed 2 years back and we shifted into our own apt Nov of 2002. In the beginning, there was no "voicing" out that we need to have a wedding banquet and a church wedding. Then some time last year, kena forced and sigh... now we are having so many problems with the church wedding. ILs die die say got new rules and I am truly quite pissed. 'Cos they said that because of this new rule, it will depend on which priest wanna marry us and in the end, they selected some place near Yio Chu Kang which is very very far for all of us but near to their place. I am not entirely happy with this because being the bride, it is gonna be such a long and tiring day so I would rather have the wedding near my place or near to the hotel. So, we are still "debating" over this. Sigh...

beaver

hullo everyone
happy.gif

oraia
happy.gif
i accompanied one fren thru her RCIA. before dat, i dropped in on another RCIA and sat in for many of the sessions just for the sake of doing it. then i tried to be a sponsor at another but stopped halfway cos i left the country for a year. dats how i ended up RCIA-ing.
lame.gif
no worries about EE at all! its a very safe environment to share with your partner. don worry. and, you'll be v well fed. i liked mealtimes, too bad always had to eat so fast
sad.gif
i love lingering at meals.

smilezz
happy.gif
yeah, i'm much betetr thanks
happy.gif
i slept a lot yesterday.St mary's has slippery floor. i do think a pole to help me walk down the aisle is a good idea... !
biggrin.gif

happy.gif
buffy ah, 1.57-1.58 is a good height. me oni 1.55... well known in my circles for being katek.
u and your HB did everything "te balek" huh? its v hard to get out of a church wedding if one family is Catholic. these things are veryyyyy impt to most catholics. me actually didn't want church wedding! but parents won't let me get married if no church wedding and sister actually fixed me up to see priest. so you see.....? ok, but to tell u the honest honest truth. i do think its better if one is marrying a catholic to have a catholic wedding. cos to the catholics, not having a church wedding is not being *really* married. no matter how hard we try to be different, in the end, having a catholic church wedding is important to us in some way or other.
i understand your being pissed, cos i was very pissed too, until recently.ok, before this turns into an essay, i'll wait for your email.
happy.gif

the beaver

ssmilezz

Hi beaver! Good to know you are better yah?
happy.gif
Take it easy hor for the next 2 weeks!! I'm counting down for ya..hehe

How long does the entire RCIA take? And how long are the classes usually?? I don't feel very comfortable sharing in front of a group of ppl, very private person by nature. :p erm, does that mean i've to find out more abt the way the class is conducted first?
uhoh.gif

Oh yes, i agree with you beaver. A catholic church wedding is a MUST i guess. My FH's entire family is a catholic and i think his mom would flip if we insisted not to go thru the church wedding. But she knows that we are holding the church wedding out of respect (for both his parents) and so they also respect our decision not to have a wedding dinner.Sounds fair to me...! haha...

Is the priest quite particular abt who walks the bride down the aisle? Cos my dad passed away a long time back and I was wondering if it's ok to walk down the aisle alone. hmmmm....

crankset

Hello ladies,

http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/Sacraments/default.asp

The Sacrament of Marriage is one of the seven Sacraments of the Catholic Church, to put it simply, these Sacraments are basically events which are very significant in the life of a Catholic, all Catholics will experience all 7 Sacraments in their lifetime, literally cradle to the grave, the 7th depending on how they are called into God's service, ie. Holy Orders or Matrimony. Think of a Sacrament as a signpost for a major event on your journey through Catholic life.

Suffice to say, the Sacrament of Matrimony is a sign that your marriage is a Catholic one, it puts things in perspective and it sets the tone for your marriage because you pledge before God and family and friends your commitment to each other till the end of bleedin time baby, come what may. No excuses, no I give up, I'm too tired, I can't be bothered, It's too difficult to carry on, why should I keep trying blah blah blah.

Anyways, you good people might want to check out the link above or talk to a priest, I'm no bible theologian and will be the first to admit I need to spend time brushing up on my faith. :p

You also might want to check out the Marriage Preparation Course (MPC), it's a six Sundays non-residential course, good for engaged couples, ROMed, not ROMed, haven't gone for EE but I find it difficult to believe that anything can surpass the experience that MPC offers, if you truly wish to bring your relationship to a deeper level, this course is the one to do it. I strongly urge you ladies to take the time to do this one if you can spare it.

http://www.catholic.org.sg/web_links/MPC/

beaver

Thanks Crankset.

Smilezz, *furrowed eyebrows* i can't remember where i read it, but it seems there should be someone to give the bride away. ok wait wait. i may have read it in Together for Life. let me check and get back to you ok? will check my book!

RCIA - they vary. about a year or one and half perhaps. each session about 2 hours long perhaps. but it does vary. goodness smilezz, u r such a likeable and bubbly gal and u are afraid of talking to people? *faintz* don't worry... the RCIA groups form bonds, you won't feel like you are among strangers! it will be more like frens. and chances are you'll find most people warm and friendly. trust me la! i've been for so many
lame.gif
i should know! and its not like cheem cheem sort of sharing, you don't have to say things which you are not comfortable about sharing. and there will also be other people who are also scared to share just like you.
happy.gif
will u be having a sponsor? nothing to be afraid of one! people are generally quite accepting, cos all are there to learn. i'd be lying if i told you dat i like every single person i ever met at RCIA.but certainly, none of the RCIAs were daunting or scary or intimidating in any way. and, nobody is gonna chain u to your seat... so if something really scares you, you can just pick up your skirt and fairly run for your life! i've never had occasion to do dat at any of the RCIAs i attended, and i don't expect dat you will either
wink.gif

fr phil told me about the way RCIA is conducted at St Mary's and i do think its interesting, get more depth, and application.

dun worry okie?

oraia

hi ssmilezz, beaver,buffy!

i must hv somehow missed the postings on this thread when i click on the 'last 12 hrs' link cos i'm reading them for the first time today!

beaver, congrats!!! *belated*
happy.gif
u must be enjoying ur honeymoon now!!

ssmilezz, hehe, me oso pte person... guess it's another thing we have in common! hehe *high five*

hi buffy,

u sound like u are enjoying the RCIA sessions at st. mary's! how is it gg so far?
happy.gif

buffy

Hi Oraia,

Hee... So glad that this thread is alive again. Oh, RCIA is fun so far. I guess the teaching syle over there suits me lor. We are having a two week break now because of Maundy Thursday next week (RCIA is held on Thurs).

Right now, I have finished sort of Stage 1 of the journey, where I have finished the first 2 introduction lessons and 7 group discussions. When we meet up on 15 April, then we will be allocated to our cell groups where we will be together for the rest of the journey.

I think the most important thing is to keep an open mind and you will find it interesting. To be very frank, I did not think that I will ever participate in RCIA because I have seen some urrrmmmm... (no offense meant yeah?) not so pleasant Catholics who were quite hostile to me because I am a non-Catholic. But strangely, it ie where I ended up discovering my faith.

U mentioned in yr earlier postings that you are keen to start. How is it so far? Still busy with work?

Ohhhh... I really wonder how beaver's AD went.
happy.gif

By the way, anyone here attends "Church of St Vincent de Paul" in Yio Chu Kang? How is Father Michael like? My ILs are insisting for us to do it there instead and sigh... I really wanted to do it at Sr. Mary's since that's my parish. Comments anyone? Thanks yeah?
happy.gif

oraia

hi buffy,

hehe, suddenly remembered that i haven't seen this thread for a while, so i went in search of it and realised i missed reading so many posts!
happy.gif

great tt u are enjoying rcia!
happy.gif
nx time when it's my turn to go i can 'qing jiao' you abt things ya? hehe... i'll prob start nx year, yup, hv been v busy with work...

any reasons why ur ILs prefer tt u hv ur wedding there? st. mary's is such a lovely church, quite a pity!

angela_sharon

Hi Buffy,

I am so happy to have come across this thread. At least can make new friends who are Catholic also not being prejudiced.

Well if I were you and you want to have your wedding in St. Mary's go ahead. Try to explain to you inlaws that St. Mary's is now very nice with their renovation.

The other thing I cld think of why your inlaws want u to have it at SVDP is probably they are active there - are they? Why don't you discuss it with your husband I think at the end of the day is what both of you want.

Angela - another Catholic.

buffy

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback!

Anne Marrie,
Yah, it is Fr Michael Sitaram. We will probably be meeting him maybe some time next week or the week after.

Angie Baby:
Sigh... Explained liao and even encouraged them to look at the new church but they are still quite adamant. They want it to be at their Parish because it is closer to their home but I stay nearer to St Mary's so it is very tiring for me to rush back and forth because I am also having the tea ceremony on the same day, after church. My ILs are quite stuck on this lor so sigh... very sian.

Oraia:
Hi hi... Ai yoh, nothing to "qin jiao" lah, I am also gg thru it and truthfully, sometimes also a little "blur", like lost sheep like tat. Hee hee... Hopefully, I will be attached to a suitable sponsor and facilitator.

Are u intending to attend it in St. Mary's too?
happy.gif

angela_sharon

Hey buffy what time is your wedding and why don't you have the tea ceremony at your hotel. That was what I did when I got married-7 yrs ago.
Anyway ah ya jus make them happy always think you are doing it for your husband and no one else-this is what I always phycho myself.

buffy

Hi Angie Baby,

I also dun wanna elaborate too much here but we are basically having the tea and church on a separate day from the AD. My ILs do not want the tea ceremony so we have planned for the tea ceremony for my parents' side to be on the same day so that at least my HB has a place to fetch me to and then fetch me back to my parents' place.

I think we have very different situations lah but believe me when I say that I have accomodated my ILs a lot liao and it really is not as simple as most others' wedding lor.
happy.gif

BTW, anyone watching Passion of Christ?

oraia

hi buffy,

hehe, no mah, nx time if i have anything to ask you then i can mah.
happy.gif

me attending mass at st. mary's. but sometimes if not so convenient, then we'll go holy cross.
happy.gif

but for RCIA, it's likely i'll attend at st. mary cos nx time i'll be living quite near there... but no hurry, so prob nx year.
happy.gif

nvm lah, just try and accomodate as far as you can, and most imptly enjoy urself, cos it's ur wedding!
happy.gif
spreading out ev thg over 2 days oso good, wun be so tired!

me me!! i'm planning to watch.

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Hi everyone! *waves*
Buffy ~ Beaver has gone on her honeymoon now. She did a long posting to update us on her AD at the Flamingo Thread. You can check it out if you want.
happy.gif
I'll bet she will be back by next week and updating all of us on married life. LOL!

Can you explain to me abt that sponsor part of RCIA? What does your sponsor do? *curious*

Oraia ~
happy.gif
hello!! Long time no see....how's your wedding planning coming along?

hee....can't believe we will be going for EE next month! wow.....

Beaver ~ not sure when you'll read this. hee..but if u did manage to check out my earlier question, can let me know?
happy.gif

Gals, did most of you have or should i say plan to do your tea ceremony at the church? Cos i'm having a headache now. My FH's family are all catholics so they are ok abt doing the tea ceremony at the church.

My mom's side is also fine cos most are christians even though not catholics. The main issue is my dad's side are all buddists. So I can be very sure they will not be attending the church wedding. And my mom did say that if i also intend to have the tea ceremony at the church, they may not be going too. But out of respect of my paternal grandmother, I'm thinking if i should specially arrange for a seperate tea ceremony for them (dad's side) at my house. *sighz* My dad has passed away many many years ago and my family's not too close with his side of the family but yet i don't want to them to be left out since i am not having a wedding dinner. *headache*
</font>

oraia

hello ssmilezz!!! *waves back!*

ya... long time no see!!! i see u are v active in the 2005 thread tho' hehehe. ;)

my wedding planning ah? hmmm... alot of ideas in my head, but nothing concrete done. *lazy* ;p

i heard we hv to wake up reaaaaalllly early for mass at the EE leh... and meal times oso v rushed and the prog quite tight.. oh dear...
uhoh.gif

i'm prob hving tea ceremony before church, cos my church cermony is in the afternoon cos it's a sunday. tink u shd consider hving a separate tea ceremony for ur dad's side... so tt there won't be any unhappiness..
happy.gif

chrysanne12

hi ssmilezz and oraia,

hey gals, ssmilezz met again.

happen to pass this thread and i realised u gals are going for EE. Well I attended my EE in pungol on 14 Feb 2003.

yes like wat oraia said the programme for the EE is tight, so need to be at hall by 7.30am then go for breakfast. u can get sleepy so u might like to bring some sweets to suck loh!

don't worry abt the programme, just go with an open mind and see what happens

okie, gals good luck

oraia

hello chrysanne12,

thanks!! yup, tts what i heard too! must wake up early for morning mass oso right? hehe.

just realised u attended EE on valentine's day last year. hehehe... quite meaningful!
happy.gif
and good way to avoid the crowds too! haha.

ssmilezz

<font color="aa00aa">Oraia ~ really? So many ideas ah? Which BS are you with and when is your AD?
happy.gif
Btw, which church will you be holding your wedding at?
Well, i did think abt going for tea ceremony (dad's side) before the church service but if i have not even ROMed (will be doing everything at the church), seems quite strange to do the tea ceremony. haha...

wow..so early yah? Erm...guess as long as we don't sleep too late, should be fine with me.

Don't think we can chose who to bunk with right? Else we have each other for company. LOL~~

Chyrs ~ yo!!!
happy.gif
Haven't seen u at the Amore thread for a long while!!
I think our EE will be at Changi Road side, not Ponggol.

HOw did they assign your room mate? You were informed by the organisors issit?

Another silly question, erm..i'm a glutton so forgive me for asking. What sort of food do we get? haha..local stuffs like rice/noodles kind? :p

I understand that the presenting team will call us up 2 weeks before the EE.</font>

chrysanne12

hi ssmilezz and oraia,

yah, mine was on valentine's day, it was very nice celebrating our love there.

oh i didn't know now it is held in Changi Rd, I thought it was in Salvation Camp while the EE in Punggol goes through major renovation.

u'll be assigned with partners to sleep with loh!

food wise trust me, thumbs up, they will have different varities every day, u'll not miss rice but I can't remember having noodles loh if my memory is still working fine. Got tea time and supper also leh! hopefully they didn't change this meal program due to budget constraint..hee..hee

yes the presenting team will call us

so do u gals know which priest and couples are presenting already?

celtricia

Hi gals!!

Read thru most of ur posts.. heard a lot of u toking abt st mary's, fr phil, philip lye n EE... All seems quite related in some how or another to me..

I'm frm St Mary's.. A parishioner there since i was a little kid.. Saw philip lye played d organ for my uncles during their weddings.. very nice n gd n romantic i muz say.. I will b asking him to do my church wedding for me too.. heehee

I've juz attended my EE during 19th to 21st of March at Changi, Salvation Army.. Nice environment n gd programs.. Muz say i enjoyed every moment of it.. N din expect it to turn out so well...

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Chrys ~ Yup, it is the salvation army camp at Changi Road. Oh goodie!! I'm a big sucker for good food, not bad yeah, still have tea time. I feel like those kids attending day care service in a child care centre.
happy.gif

I have no idea who are presenting yet. How early would we know ? A month? Or two? Oraia and my session is the 21 - 23 May.
happy.gif

Celtricia ~ hello!!
happy.gif
Wow, i have seen many St Mary brides here. Yes, Philip Lye is really popular huh? I also intend to give him a ring. How early do we need to "book" him?

That means your EE just ended not too long ago. Good to know you had an enjoyable time there. Care to share a little more with me?
happy.gif

I am planning for my wedding to be at SFX. FH was baptised when he was a boy by the fr there.
happy.gif
But his family are not registered at that church though. They are with Risen Christ but FH's dad being super kiasu and not to mention kind hearted, has visited fr at SFX who is agreeable to marrying us. Phew.....
</font>

oraia

hi ssmilezz,
happy.gif

hehe dun hv alot of ideas lah, just afew here and there..my ad in dec, and bs is BV.
i'm also doing tea ceremony before church, cos my church is in the afternoon, so not much choice.

hehehe, mabbe if we are lucky, we'll get each other as bunk mates!
happy.gif
u're so cute, so concerned about the food hehehehe.

hi chrysanne/ celtricia,

*waves* celtricia, glad tt u enjoyed ur EE. hmm.. really hv to go with open mind... cos some ppl tell me it's quite tiring, others tell me they enjoyed it...
happy.gif

chrysanne, wah.. so sweet, hehe. ya, the EE will be at salvation army. its somewhere near changi, yes? i think.
happy.gif
we don't know who's presenting yet...

steff

Hi ssmilezz,

I got married at SFX and I got Philip Lye to sing at my wedding too...

SFX is beautiful for a wedding
happy.gif

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Oraia ~ hee..oh no, now u know i'm such a glutton. LOL! Love to eat like nobody's business.
When will you be going for your first appointment at BV? My colleague also signed on with BV and her wedding is also in Dec this year.
happy.gif

Steff ~ hey! So nice to find someone who married at SFX. Which priest married you?
happy.gif

And how early did u book your date with SFX? I'm really quite confused and was looking to see if any ex brides from SFX could help me out. hee..

You mind if i PM you? Don't wanna flood the board with my questions. heee....
happy.gif

</font>

celtricia

Hi ssmilezz...

Sorry to reply u only nw.. NOt sure hw long in advance do we nid to bk him.. but according to my church, they were saying 6mths to ard a yr or less to bk him will do.. dat'z wat i heard.. so not sure whether can or not.. heehee..

As for EE, Oraia n ssmilezz.. I tink basically d EE will all depends on who's ur presenting priest n couples.. Coz for my EE.. the presenting couple n d priest were extremely gd who fill us wif their own situations n put them into wat was taught to us... most of d time we will b sitting down n listening n copying down notes.. there after they will ask us to discuss wif our own partners wif qns given to us for us to answer.. The best part was on d last day.. They told us to write a pledge for our partners.. whh i tink make it so special n touching esp d part when u get to read wat ur partner has written..
happy.gif
Dat moment i would say was a very special moment.. So i'm sure most of u will enjoy it when u r there.. except for d first day where u got to slp late n wake up so early d nxt morning.. dat's d only thing dat most of us dun like it lor.. but overall it was great.. If u were wondering hw many set of couples were there.. for my EE there were ard 33 couples.. So no worries.. heehee

So basically enjoy d whole process of a deeper understanding when u attend d ee lor..
wink.gif