Catholic Advice Needed Please

kurera

HA..how you know I having church at CTK?

;P

Anyway, 100bucks for rental and strictly no usage of fresh flowers for pews!

crescent

haha, cos you post in your previous post mah... kekeke

hmmm.. who can i speak too? wat else does we need to pay the church? can provide me with all the informations please? thanks.

kurera

orh....;p

speak to teresa the parish secretary, she will advise you what are the things to prepare...eg. MPC cert, ROM CERT..etc etc..

100 bucks per rental for church hall.

Rem to book with parish secretary and priest also..cos sometimes priest may have other appts also!

I dun have CTK number with me..check the website..got the no.

clueluess

Hi all, I have problems getting choir to sing for my holy matrimony ..
I've tried to contact all the choirs in my church but all of them said that they might get difficulties getting members in the morning. My mass starts at 11.30am. Any advise??

c00kiemonster

hi im not a catholic but future hb is... we r plang to attend some marriage prep coz but understnd that its either a 3 day stay in course o one that is held over several weekends..does anyone know if there is any that just need a few full weekends and can go home one? also where can i find such course? pls advise. thks

kurera

Giovanni...do you join any church activities..perhaps can try ask them help?

any catholic friends who can help? where's your service at abit of odd timing..;p

your partner is catholic? can do just service than can opt without having the choir?

cookie..think you talking about the govenment one izit? That one I not too sure...check internet lor...for catholics there is 2 type of marriage preparation :

EE : over the weekend Fri/Sat/Sun STAY IN
MPC : 6 consecutive Sundays of 3 sessions is am mass followed by talks or discussions.

crescent

just check with those who are having a inter-faith marriage in church.

During the exchange of rings, this is often used:
[Bride/Groom], take this ring
as a sign of my love and fidelity
*In the name of the Father, and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit*.

I find that the words between the * are not suitable for me as my FH is non-catholic.

Can anyone advice on that?
whether can change the words, or wat to put?

Thanks a millions!!

roomfulofstars

Would priests typically go to an outdoor wedding ceremony (as in out of church) to solemnize a wedding?

What would the ceremony be like? No hymns? No readings? Or...?

roomfulofstars

I just found out Catholic priests can only solemnize IN church. But Christian denominations can do it anywhere leh.
sad.gif

I've always wanted my Catholic service, but I also really want to do an outdoor ceremony.

Dunno how now. Any suggestions?

tratties

Hi femme,

Yup, its is indeed that Catholic priests can only do the solemnisation IN church and no 2 ways about that.. Frankly, having a solemnisation in church is truly a one-time experience which i think one will never forget if you chose the right church. FYI, my hubby is a non-catholic who doesn't really fancy the thought of going through a church wedding, but after going through the marriage preparation course and after visiting one particular church in town, he changed his opinion totally about church wedding and was looking forward to it - we are now 1.5yrs married..

I suggest you take some time to look at the different churches and you will find a church which you will want to solemnise in... After all, wedding is the 3rd sacrament under the catholic faith which catholics undergo, therefore being a sacred ceremony, its best to do it in church..

Hope this helps..

tweetiegirl

hi

my Hubby is a Catholic (we had ROM this year, planning church wedding in 2008), i am a buddhism. Any concern to hold a church wedding since i am not Catholic? If can, which Church is nice to have the ceremony?

suparcat

hi tweetiegirl,

There is no concern to hold an inter-religion marriage in church as long as either party is a Catholic. However, both of u need to obtain the Marriage Preparation Course/Marriage Encounter cert before u can hold your wedding in a church.

As to which church is nice to hold the ceremony, it depends on where your hubby's parish church is. For my case, my hubby's parish church is St.Anne (Sengkang) church but we wanted to hold our church wedding at Nativity church of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Upper Serangoon Rd) due to the traditional interior deco of the church. However, our request was rejected by the BVM secretary...

Hope these can clear some of your doubts.

clldavid

Hi cynthia,

As suparcat mentioned, no problem with inter-religion marriages in the Catholic faith and you can hold your wedding in a Catholic church. I strongly encourage you to sign up for Engaged Encounter (the alternative to Marriage Preparation Course) as they do explore issues involved in inter-religion marriage and it's necessary to go for it before you are allowed to get married in a church. Furthermore, you need to book early for EE. Me and my GF had to book in Aug 2006 for EE Jan 2007.

bom_pi_pi

Hi, I'm a Non-Catholic and am attending RCIA. Expected Bathism date will be next year. My FH is a Catholic. Thinking of holding my church wedding at SFX but really lost wih regards to the church wedding preparations. My AD is June 2009.Can anyone guide me on this? Thanks

luther

Nice place you hve there for a wedding , Personally . have shoot a few there. Great building and lotsa of ambient light

megirl

hi all,

I am not a s'porean but PR here. so i am not really understand about the procedure of getting married in church here. my bf is not a catholic, but i am. so we intend to get married in church wedding here. Do anyone can give us advice about this matters :

1. Is every catholic priest can do ROM and solemnisation in the same time at church wedding? 2. Do we need to register for our ROM date by online again if our ROM will be held in church?

Thank you so much..

megirl

hi all,

I am not a s'porean but PR here. so i am not really understand about the procedure of getting married in church here. my bf is not a catholic, but i am. so we intend to get married in church wedding here. Do anyone can give us advice about this matters :

1. Is every catholic priest can do ROM and solemnisation in the same time at church wedding? 2. Do we need to register for our ROM date by online again if our ROM will be held in church?

Thank you so much..

megirl

hi all,

Thank you so much..

megirl

hi all,

1. Is every catholic priest can do ROM and solemnisation in the same time at church wedding?
2. Do we need to register for our ROM date by online again if our ROM will be held in church?

Thank you so much..

chinook

Hi, can anyone advise if it's okay for Catholics to have the solemnisation (as in ROM) first then the church wedding at a later date? Coz my fiance and I plan to hold our ROM in May and then the church wedding and AD banquet next year. I think I read in another thread that Catholics must solemnise in church, please advice.

asweird

Hi Stephanie,

Its ok to have ROM 1st just that what is legally viewed as a couple is not recognised in church.

The wedding in church is done to get your wedding recognised by the church.

options:
1. ROM 1st. DO EE/MPC. Wedding Mass/Service
2. DO EE/MPC. WEdding MAss/Service with Solemnisation

rene3

Hi all,
I will be holding my wedding mass in Oct.
Need help in preparing the mass booklets, church wedding,etc.
Do we choose the 1st & 2nd readings or there is daily readings like 'The daily bread'?
Do we choose the songs too? Must it be church songs?
My HTB's parish priest hasn't call us for the meetup session and we had asked the secretary but she said that the priest will only meet up 1wk b4 the AD. Is that true? But I scared that there is no enough time to do the printing and correction.
I will be signing my marriage register on the same day. Is there anything I need to take note?

tratties

Hi Irene,

Which church will you holding your wedding mass? Think that some parishes does it differently.. But i think you will have a meeting with the priest much earlier for the signing of the consent form to be submitted to ROM, during this meeting you can ask the priest on the hymns & readings and sequence on the actual day..

hope this helps..

alexthegreat

My gf and I already booked the church but can't find a father who can solemnize our wedding. There's a deacon who isn't ROM licensed. My question is: Instead of ROMing in advance, then church wedding another day, is it possible to get a JP/etc to ROM in the church on the day itself, plus a church wedding by the deacon?

kappating

Hi everyone,

I also need help for the catholic mass between a catholic groom & non-catholic bride.

And I also don't know how I can arrange the timing for the church wedding and customary wedding.

Do anyone has the AD schedule? Please PM me, thanks alot!

kenrach

I am attending RCIA and at the same time waiting for my EE in May and also getting married in November.

I guess you have to speak to your priest. Let him know the situation.

My FH is not a Catholic. I am going to convert to Catholic and so my priest has been very patient and accommodating to us.

I am booking Church Of St Michael which is near my in-laws house. The hall alone is $400, which I find rather expensive.

shazpezzazz

Ken's wife - that's very expensive. One gripe I have is that lots of churches charge a lot for the rental of halls, churches. We originally looked at St Mary's but the church, hall and miscellaneous stuff came up to about $1000, and that's excluding the rental of tables and chairs for the hall and expected ang pows of $200 each for the priest and choir. =( Why are churches so expensive? What happens if a couple wants to get married in church but can't afford the costs?

shining

Anyone with a mass booklet for reference? I'm new to catholic faith, journeying through RCIA, my FH is a catholic..but it's so difficult for me to start finding
sad.gif
please mail me!! Thanks in advance!!
[email protected]

dncl

Shining: which church are you journey fir RCIA?

Shining n Shanawawa: i have sent you the mass booklet that i got from another forum. :D

shanawawa

Hi DNCL! KEKE! My wedding just passed! I designed my own booklet after looking at a few samples. Happy with the results ;) Thanks anyway!!!
happy.gif

shanawawa

depends on how many pages. was charged 4cents per page or smth. Mine is about 9 pages (A4 fold into 2 = 18 pages like that).
200 booklets for $60

g3hari

Hello all,

I need some information. I am a free thinker and my fiance is Christian. His family wants to get married in a church. I was wondering if its possible to do this without my getting converted to Christianity. Where can I find more information about this? How should I go about this?

Any tips/advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all! :)

JACE GENEVIEVE

Hi everyone.I really need help!I'm getting married at Our Lady of Lourdes and i do not know where to get a good choir from.And their charges.Would the choir be willing to come to a diff church to sing?I really need help!

ycpinkrose

Hi all,
Not sure if this is appropriate to post here.
We're thinking of renewal our marriage vows in Catholic Church on our Wedding Anniversary.
Has any couple did this before?

Bexavenna

Hello ladies!

My FH and I are planning to host our wedding in Holy Trinity. May I know the following (if any of you have the answers to them :) ) -
  • Can the wedding be held in the main church or chapel?
  • Is it possible to host the lunch reception in the dining area in the church?
  • What will the wedding service be like? My FH is non-Catholic so I understand Holy Communion will not be given.
Thanks!
Rebecca

Babelba

Hello!

If anyone is still on this thread, can you share some advice with me?

I am aware of the questions answered back in 2003 but am wondering if anyone has any experience in recent years.

I am Catholic and my FH is a Buddhist. We are looking at holding a church wedding and his parents agree on it, but I have not discussed the details with them. I looked at the sample wedding service booklet and I'm worried if they are okay with all the prayers and readings during the service. Will my FH need to pray as well? I am not forcing him to convert or anything, I respect his religion and hence I just want to ask those who are in the same situation and had a church wedding, how was the service like? Did your partner pray as well? Were they okay about it? Was the service altered to accommodate your partner? Like they did not have to pray but just put their hands together or some sort? Am really confused and worried here. would appreciate all advises!!

Thank you!