Carlton Hotel

Ckmj

Hello! I was quite tempted to sign BUT when I contacted the coordinator my date was already taken :( anyway did feel that they were not flexible with the perks at all.

Oh man. That's a pity! Have any alternatives?
What perks do they offer anyway?

Aj.tan

Oh man. That's a pity! Have any alternatives?
What perks do they offer anyway?

They had a few options. If you took dinner you could choose 4 items. If you took lunch you could choose 3 items.

I remember one of them was a room for helpers. I asked if could we change it to additional night stay in the bridal suit he just said cannot.
Other items if I'm not wrong was something like one more barrel of beer (which I thought was supposed to be standard (2 barrels)). Many hotels offer free flow beer.
Additional 10% car park (which I felt was most worth it)
Additional 10% invites excluding printing

Yes we have two alternatives :D

Ckmj

They had a few options. If you took dinner you could choose 4 items. If you took lunch you could choose 3 items.

I remember one of them was a room for helpers. I asked if could we change it to additional night stay in the bridal suit he just said cannot.
Other items if I'm not wrong was something like one more barrel of beer (which I thought was supposed to be standard (2 barrels)). Many hotels offer free flow beer.
Additional 10% car park (which I felt was most worth it)
Additional 10% invites excluding printing

Yes we have two alternatives :D

oh. sounds like can't bargain much. haha. actually i think the invites if don't include printing then abit useless. =X

thats good! where are you looking at now?

Aj.tan

oh. sounds like can't bargain much. haha. actually i think the invites if don't include printing then abit useless. =X

thats good! where are you looking at now?

It's the norm that all don't include printing, right?

Hmmm One degree 15 Marina and Peony Jade!

Purely

Hihi! Mind sharing with me ur RWS package too? My email is [email protected]

Thanks!
Hi All,

After about 2 months of research, site visit & etc, just wanted to share my experience. Not sure if this is correct thread to post. Else, do let me know where can I share at.

Carlton Hotel

This was initially our first choice. But the Sales Coordinater/Manager macam not keen with our biz. Email we sent n enquiries/request we made, we need to send chaser to follow up. Even after 2 weeks of soft booking, no one called n inform us that the soft booking is ended!

Hotel Jen Tanglin
Overall was very satisfied with the Sales Manager. All our questions was replied very promptly. Unfortunately we did not choose this place as the ballroom was not what I was looking for.

Hotel Fort Canning
Location is a bit inconvenient for guest that are not driving thus we did not select this place.

Genting Hotel Jurong
The ballroom was amazing but the hotel room is not up to my hubby's expectation. :D

RWS
We selected this place in the end. Overall the experience with the Sales Coordinator is awesome! She was the one who handled our acct be it if we select Genting Jurong or RWS. The ballroom in RWS was good with enough space for guest to mingle around pre-lunch. We just confirm the venue and hopefully *finger crossed* everything will go smoothly.

flower3600

Hi everyone, has anyone deal with Hun Leng before? I am actually looking at this hotel, but found their perks quite difficult to nego tooo!

Yeti

We wanted to share our recent experience with Carlton on securing a wedding banquet and hope that this will be helpful for couples considering Carlton as a venue.

1. Similar to most comments on this forum, they were inflexible with the negotiations and benefits.
2. The wedding banquet contract was emailed to us 2.5 hours prior to our meeting at Carlton for the signatures and payment of the deposit. It was a weekday and both of us were at work. Nonetheless, we carved out time to quickly review the contract prior to our meeting at 6pm to sign the contract.
3. We realized that Carlton has a 100% non-refundable, non-transferable clause on their cancellation/postponement clause for 6 months or less notice prior to the wedding banquet date. When we sought Carlton's flexibility on this clause at the 6pm meeting, our sales lady said that it was industry standard and tried her best to get our signatures and payment. Hence, we asked for an additional day to understand this clause, but Carlton gave us an ultimatum on an answer by 10am the next day. Unfortunately, it was an aggressive dateline and we couldn't make the deadline.
4. We continued our search on additional hotel venues and sought the hotels' cancellation/policies. We discovered that Carlton's policy isn't industry standard. The hotels that we contacted (including 5 star hotels) did not have a 100% non-refundable, non-transferable policy.
5. Our research shows that generally the lower star hotels have a more consumer friendly cancellation/postponement policy, while the 5 star hotels had a more aggressive policy.

Hope this helps and good luck with your search!

Last edited:

oreeo

Hi, i was considering Carlton Hotel for my wedding next year. However, i read some bad reviews on their services & food. Anyone who had their wedding banquets recently at Carlton, mind sharing your experience? Thanks! :)

Sushella

I am considering Carlton too, a bit disappointed to hear quite a few bad reviews here. I have few choices as most of my desired hotels were already taken up. :(

Weddedcouple

Hi everyone, has anyone deal with Hun Leng before? I am actually looking at this hotel, but found their perks quite difficult to nego tooo!

Didnt have too good impression of her. Don't get me wrong, our wedding went off decently well and we are satisifed, but she always gave off a vibe that she was not that interested in us and I keep getting the vibe she wanted to do as little with us as possible and everything was arranged to make things easier for her (eg wanted to confirm various things way ahead of the stated schedule etc, various things she said when I asked). The AV coordinator and the actual day banquet/operations coordinator was good though and appeared to genuinely care. Not sure if Hun Leng is new though.

That said probably isn't a deal breaker since she definitely did the minimum required, seems like most couples worry about perks and all that and yes Carlton doesn't allow negotiation of that.

One tip, don't confirm veg or halal until the very last moment allowed (as stated in brochure) no matter how much they pressure you. Because when a few of ours withdrew a few days in advance they said we still had to pay and even meal isn't cheap. This applies for Veg and Halal even though the former is cooked in house.

Last edited:

Weddedcouple

Just to add on , I think Carlton is a decent/conventional choice, unlike some horror stories you read it all went off smoothly.

The food that we had during food tasting was nice , no idea about the AD (too busy to eat) but we didn't hear any complaints. The suite was okay, but you probably be too busy to use it much. Zero deco though, but compared to the 2013 october review I think our room was newer.

Themes for ballroom were limited we had only 2 choices (not sure if that's normal but the one we chose I quite liked), though you had more choices for the VIP Linen.

And the usual plus of Carlton - great centralised location near mrt (though a surprising number asked me a few days before the wedding mistook it for Carlton City, so be clear to remind them), big ball room with no pillars etc.

The only negative is if you have two wedding on at the same time, it can get confusing as the ballrooms are side by side, but for us we didn't have anyone using the next ballroom fortunately. That and if you love nego for perks. Maybe that is why Carlton is getting less popular these days. I was surprised we were only ones at Carlton as it was a very hot date (JP had to do 6 solemmizations for that day).

missypoot

Hi, I've been reading mixed reviews about Carlton. I'm looking at dropping by Carlton to have a look sometime this week. Thought I could use some advice/experiences before taking a look at the hotel facilities.

I'm looking at a simple affair for about 100 guests and am very interested in their solemnisation package. Anyone has any experience with this? I'm really concerned about food. I understand Wah Lok is famous for their food but I'm surprised to read about the mixed reviews for their food.

Sueho

Does anyone knows if carlton hotel ballroom have high ceiling or big pillars? As i like a venue with no big pillars.

Hi, I've been reading mixed reviews about Carlton. I'm looking at dropping by Carlton to have a look sometime this week. Thought I could use some advice/experiences before taking a look at the hotel facilities.

I'm looking at a simple affair for about 100 guests and am very interested in their solemnisation package. Anyone has any experience with this? I'm really concerned about food. I understand Wah Lok is famous for their food but I'm surprised to read about the mixed reviews for their food.
Hey dear me too i heading this weekend to check carlton out :)

newproject

Yes Wah Lok is famous but they will be bulk cooking for many at the same time. That can affect quality.

Breezecxl

We wanted to share our recent experience with Carlton on securing a wedding banquet and hope that this will be helpful for couples considering Carlton as a venue.

1. Similar to most comments on this forum, they were inflexible with the negotiations and benefits.
2. The wedding banquet contract was emailed to us 2.5 hours prior to our meeting at Carlton for the signatures and payment of the deposit. It was a weekday and both of us were at work. Nonetheless, we carved out time to quickly review the contract prior to our meeting at 6pm to sign the contract.
3. We realized that Carlton has a 100% non-refundable, non-transferable clause on their cancellation/postponement clause for 6 months or less notice prior to the wedding banquet date. When we sought Carlton's flexibility on this clause at the 6pm meeting, our sales lady said that it was industry standard and tried her best to get our signatures and payment. Hence, we asked for an additional day to understand this clause, but Carlton gave us an ultimatum on an answer by 10am the next day. Unfortunately, it was an aggressive dateline and we couldn't make the deadline.
4. We continued our search on additional hotel venues and sought the hotels' cancellation/policies. We discovered that Carlton's policy isn't industry standard. The hotels that we contacted (including 5 star hotels) did not have a 100% non-refundable, non-transferable policy.
5. Our research shows that generally the lower star hotels have a more consumer friendly cancellation/postponement policy, while the 5 star hotels had a more aggressive policy.

Hope this helps and good luck with your search!
Hi did you sign up with Carlton in the end? Does the 100% non refundable refers to the full price of the banquet of just the deposit? was it negotiable in the end?