Carlton Hotel

babyvon

Hello Heng,

I nvr hrd of Shafie too...Tink he's new! They may not tell u when there'll be a Wedding Fair...U just hv to keep a lookout thru' the Brides' Mag or newspapers.

For me, i must say we were reali lucky then. Tink Carlton was then try'g to mk a comeback, esp aft the negative press the previous yr & aft their renovation...I got mine at $638nett (a wkday rate for a wkend dinner), 8 courses, with free flow of beer, free montage, 70-80% of printing of inserts for the cards free. In addt'l, we got a tea-set for the tea ceremony when we signed up, for the early birds!

We had the signature poster too...Seems tt they no longer provide books for sign'g.

I hrd their prices raised to $700+ aft tt...We were reali Lucky & Blessed then! Thk God!
happy.gif

blueberry

Hi BabyVon,

Mine is on 9/10/04.
I am getting a bit on my toes now. Have not even start anything. Must start soon. I will be having exam mid year so. That left not much time to prepare. But time will really run fast for me.
Your hubby pamper you leh. Mine is the other way round. I pamper him more. Have been making sure he eat more. He needs to put on weight. And me need to lose.

babyvon

Hi Kk,

Wow! U reali good ya! Studying at the same time? Oct still's far...M sure u'll hv ample time to prepare! Dun wori!
happy.gif

Haha! Guys usually dun gain weight no matter hw much they eat...Alas! We ladies hv slower metabolism! Arggghhh!!!
angry.gif
So unfair ya? U'll def lose weight naturally when ur AD draws nearer so just stay the way u are nw.

Do share ur pics then. Cheers!
happy.gif

blueberry

Hi Babyvon,

Yah, I agreed. Your time got better deal. My time the only weekend that was weekday price was Sun. $6++ nett.(can't remember) Mine sat already 768.
But still cheaper than other orchard hotels. Taking into consideration the amount is nett. If you take other hotels, could come up to 8++.
That's is also why Cartlon seems a better deal.

cathie

Thanks Babyvon for sharing. Really got good tips from you for the marching in effect. My gown is ivory colour, victorian looking. I think champagne roses go well with the whole theme. And I would prefer tealight candles for the march-in effect. I think it is kind of romantic...

blueberry

Hi Babyvon,

Yah loh. Also cannot believe me so multi-task. Should have start the studies as soon graduated and not now. But still not bad. In the mist of the course. will only graduate next year. Then can have start family.
Hopefully by the time for PS, I will be shrunk....
My hubby waste food leh. Seems not to put on weight.
Will share photos
happy.gif

zhuzhu

Hi Babyvon
Ya rec'd the mail liao...actually din realise u post the link there until i sent out this msg..
My AD is 12th Dec 04...still a long way to go...i saw that u mentioned ur AD photographer is alan dai? where is he from?

HI KK
Actually haven really settle on the design..just tell her what i think i like..n try on a couple gowns to see which neckline suits me..dats all
This ninetrogen has a link in s'pore bride directory..u can have a look..They charge $888 for full day videography..montage n express highlite extra charges..and he says if I need ROM videography..can charge me $150 instead of the $250...still considering on the offer.

cwy

Hi Tigger

can check with u how many days in advance did u confirm with jerrie on the wedding favours??? i thot of taking the key-chain cos its quite unique... i saw the bear bear too and quite cute too....

did u meet up with jerrie few days b4 ur wedding for a final confirmation for ur AD diner huh??? can give mi more comment on the food & service bo so tat i can feedback to jerrie cos i wil be having my dinner feb 04 leh....

thks...

tigger

Hi cwy,

I confirm the favours during the last meeting with her. Think abt 2 wks before the wedding. I took bears because I have a weakness for them. When Jerrie showed us, my hubby already knew i would choose them

For the final confirmation of the tables, its 3 days before.

My friends never complained much to me (either it was ok or they too shy to say anything?)

babyvon

Hi Catherine,

Pls dun mention...Just sharing my experience!
happy.gif

Hi Zhuzhu,

My galfrd recommended Alan Dai to me...She had him for her AD. Then i discovered there was a thread on him in tis forum. I had him 'cos his charges r relatively reasonable & fotography's not too bad!
happy.gif

Hv u found ur AD fotographer?
happy.gif

babyvon

Hello KK,

No need to pay for the flowers...I just told Jerrie wat kind of flowers & wat color i wanted. But they oni provide roses & lilies. If u want others eg. tulips, u'll need to top up.

Yup, it's reali tough to multi-task!
sad.gif
I had the experience 2-3 yrs bk...Glad i had completed mine. But time flies so b4 u knw it, ur course's over & ur AD too!
wink.gif

Best of Luck & will look 4wrd to ur pics! Cheers!
lame.gif

zhuzhu

Hi Babyvon
Haven found my AD fotographer yet. I confirm on the videographer and he recommended me some photographer..so now still hanging around

babyvon

Hi Ladies,

Just wanna wish all of u a very Hapi & Prosperous Lunar New Yr! Good Health & Happiness alwz!
happy.gif

Zhuzhu,

If u're interested in my AD fotographer, i can give u his contact...U can ask him to view his works & say i recommended u. Cheers!
wink.gif

cathie

I signed up with Carlton last Fri.
We saw the ballroom set-up and we like the champagne color decorations for the stage. Overall is cosy except that they dun provide fresh floral for the aisle. They change to standies with tealights. We have asked for red-carpet and Jerrie said ok if we have abt 30 tables.

Abt printing, can i have the contact for Hi-Tech if u all. The contact Jerrie provided is expensive, $0.90/pc. My AD is 28Feb. We decided to ve rom & customary on the same day, everything seems to be so rush...

babyvon

Hi Kk,

Can't recall if i sent u Alan's Quotes...Do let me knw if u still need it.
wink.gif

Hi Catherine,

Great to hear tt u picked Carlton...Congrats & hr's wish'g u & ur hubby in adv, a reali Hapi, Blessed & Blissful marriage!
happy.gif

So sori but i dun hv Hi-Tech's no. Do hope u've found a cheaper card printer by now. Best of Luck in ur prep! Dun stress urself...Do take one thg at a time.
wink.gif

blueberry

Hi Babyvon,

I think I ask in the other thread..
But if I din get it, will ask again...
Thanks..
When will you be back??

tigger

The price was given to me last year, but maybe you can use as a reference.

Address : Ang Mo Kio Techplace 1 #03-01/02
Tel : 64589455 (after 10)

inserts : 100-200pc $80
hotstamp : $0.35 per pc, mould $80

Delievery : 1 week - hotstamp, 3 days - inserts

Additional info : free goldstrings

blueberry

Hi Babyvon,

My exams have not start. Will only start in May and Jun. Now having some stress with the studies and wedding preparation. Got to stay cool..
Enjoy your holidays...
happy.gif
happy.gif

zhuzhu

Hi Babyvon

Would like to ask you, Jerrie was saying that we cannot burn our own music CD. So how do you solve the problem of having so many songs to play in different CD?

babyvon

Hi Zhuzhu,

For our 2 march-ins, we used the original CDs as per banquet manager's advice. But for our champagne toasting, fanfare & the entire dinner, we took the risk ask'g them to play our burn CDs. Thk God everythg went smoothly tt nite...no hiccups!
wink.gif

Their main concern's shld anythg go wrong...tt is, if we insisted on play'g burn CDs, they wun wana be held responsible. So, perhaps u may wana get the original CDs for the more impt events?
uhoh.gif

Btw, u may like to discuss with them which song's suitable for their fanfare 'cos their style's different & the song we selected then, wasn't reali suitable...But Thk God! Nobody reali bothered then.
embarrassed.gif

babyvon

Hi Kk,

I was away for work but had half the time off so it wasn't tt bad!
lame.gif

Yup, do stay COOL! Dun get too stressed up...Tk one thg at a time!
wink.gif
God Bless!

elaine77

Hi babyvon,

Good to hear that you had a great time at carlton for your banquet. Im seriously considering them but because of the pillars and the low ceiling, im having second thoughts.. do you find it abit distracting? Btw.. they you have any pics of your AD and some pics of the banquet... mind share it with me?

babyvon

Hi Michellekoh,

I had 2 guests who are vegetarian...Carlton's able to cater individually for them at separate charge. U just hv to infrm Jerrie abt it.
happy.gif

Hello Zhuzhu,

I selected the long march-in aisle & it seems tt the waiters march-in frm the same plc...And they were so robotic (though i knw they prob been do'g it for the hundereds times???). They didn't reali smile too...Didn't qte like the fanfare as it didn't hv the "Oommph" i was hop'g for.
sad.gif

Well, it didn't matter much as the guests didn't reali comment abt it but 'cos i was on the stage so i had an overall view.
uhoh.gif

babyvon

Hi Elaine77,

I did post my AD pics under "A place to share ur wedding pics"...Do look for "Babyvon's AD pics", not my wedding album thread...if u're interested to view.
wink.gif

Frkly, i was like u initially...was mre concerned abt the pillars & carpet. But Carlton did a wonderful job on my AD...The ballroom had the romantic effect i wanted so in the end, i reali had no regrets!
lame.gif

I asked for a mixture of champagne & red roses...petals to be on the tables & a red carpet for my march-in. On the whole, i must say i was pleased & satisfied with the decor & effect!
happy.gif

elaine77

Hi babyvon,

Thank you for the photos, ive just viewed it, the ballroom does not look that bad in the photos
happy.gif
They have changed a new setup now.. with a few flowers pedetals on the stage and tealights stand to replace the flowers stands for the march-in. How many tables were you having, issit very cramp? Because i realised that its abit crampy if theres 35 tables and above. Im thinking of doing some deco on the pillars with some dropping ferns but i dun know if i can do it, i need to ask carlton about it.

Your jiemeis have those model look and nice figure.. and you too, so envy.. must do on diet liao
biggrin.gif

lecklc

Hi Babyvon,

I can't find the thread "A place to share your wedding pics". Can you durect me to the link, please. Thanks.

blueberry

Hi Michelle,

I just I am a bit late in replying. Babyvon replied on my behalf.
Thanks Babyvon.

Hi ZhuZhu,

You so fast ask them already??
I was only intending to talk so details in Jun.. Dun think got anything to tell them now.. Just need to change the beer stuff to other stuff and maybe change the suite to a bridal one...
Me also burn my own cd.. Maybe will get the original one too
sad.gif

Hi Babayvon,

Hope you will still be around to provide "consultation" when our dinner is near. :p
Thanks a lot in advance
happy.gif

lecklc

Hi tigger,

Thanks for the pic. But can't see very clearly from the pic. Is the projector screen a portable one with a stand to support it? So your projector is placed in the middle of the aisle? When did you set up the screen and projector? After the toasting? Thanks!

elaine77

Hi tigger,

Im also thinking the same thing as koening, very nice of you to show the picture here..

You just had your wedding at carlton too right, do you have any photos to share?

keonig,i think it is placed on a stand to support it, for video projection will take 10-15 mins before your banquet start. I intend to show it before we march-in. So after that, they can remove it and will not block the march-in.

lecklc

Hi elaine77,

if you show the video presentation before the march-in, wouldn't that mean that the hotel staff would have to scramble in to remove the projector and screen before you march in? Only after the projector has been removed, then can the lights be dimmed for the march-in right? I'm just afraid that there will be too much distraction before the march-in. Thanks.

Tigger - Did you show the video before the march-in too? Thanks.

babyvon

Hi Elaine,

I had 27+2 tables...the spread out was nice & free enuf to move ard. The ballroom's pretty huge so even with 35 tables, i tink it shld still be fine, except maybe lesser moving space.
happy.gif

Ya lor, my jiemeis all very slim, except me! I felt so fat whenever am ard them.
sad.gif
Worse still, i've gained some weight liao!
uhoh.gif

As for the ferns u mentioned, i doubt Jerrie will accede to tt...she'll def tell u it's cost & she needs addt'l manpower...which means "R u willing to bear the costs?" Haha!
wink.gif

babyvon

Hi Koeing,

I did reply u in the other thread...But since Elaine's oso ask'g, i'll post here abt wat i did. I asked for the video montage to be presented just b4 our 1st march-in...I oso begged Jerrie to set up 2 projectors for me at each side so tt the staff did not need to remove from the stage.

At the same time, none of my guests will be blocked as they cld cris-cross to watch the montage, w/o being blocked by the pillars.
wink.gif

So, food for thot? But it def wasn't easy gett'g Jerrie to agree to tt.
sad.gif

babyvon

Hi Kk,

Sori, i was KPO, answered on ur behalf...Do hp u wun mind. Sure, i'll def be ard on & off. U can email me too shld u need any help...as long as u dun find me imposing, i'll be mre than willing to lend a help'g hand. Cheers!
happy.gif

Hello Tigger,

Hw's married life? Tt's a nice pic u took of the ballroom.
happy.gif

blueberry

Hi Babyvon,

No leh.. You are always helpful. Sometimes I just pop in to see threads. I can be busy and miss out some too.
happy.gif

But nice of you to keep the thread going .....

Hi Koeing and eLaine77,

What are your Big Day???

lecklc

Hi kk, babyvon, elaine77,

My big day is on 6 Jun 04. My finacee suggested having the projector at the back of the ballroom. In that way, the projector need not be removed before the march-in. What do you think of this?

On the other hand, I prefer babyvon's idea of having 2 separate projector so that those blocked by the pillars can switch their view to the opposite projector.

Babyvon - did you pay extra for the additional projector and screen?

Thanks for all the advice given in this thread. it's been real helpful

zhuzhu

Hi KK
No lar..i remember jerrie tellin me about the original CD stuff on the day i make my deposit..and now since I had time..might as well start sourcing around for music...i don't like to do last min stuff

Hi Babyvon
So the projector is those place on the stand on ah? then very troublesome..no wonder jerrie was saying we can place the projector outside at the reception area...

tigger

Hi keonig,
Actually, I don't know if its those on stand one or not. Cause I didn't go in to look. We set it up way before the guest come. I was told that the photo montage and the video montage can be shown. And once its over, somebody will clear the stuff so that we will not be blocked when we marched in.

elaine77

Hi ladies,
41580.gif

babyvon,I agree that Jerrie might say that she need manpower all these. But my co-ordinator is Diana as she was the person incharge for my ROM and she is taking over my banquet also. I have not told her about my idea of having the dropping ferns but i will provide the manpower and the materials including after the dinner. Hopefully she says is ok.. if not i will have to go ahead without it.

koenig, im not sure if im i having the montage because it will be extra cost. Its actually not difficult to do, i will need to learn it from a friend. If i find freelancer to do will be like $200-$300. But thats still early so can decide later. But like what babyvon has done is quite good, having at the 2 sides of the ballroom which will not distract the march-in. Actually i have an idea of showing it and the reception outside to stress people to come earlier for the banquet..
happy.gif

kk, my Big Day is next yr feb.. still a long way..
41581.gif