Carlton Hotel

blueberry

Hi Shook,

Maybe yours happen to be on the Mother's day, that's why they are short of people. So of them might be working in the restaurant. got to stagger staff here and there.
I spook to Jerrie beforehand too.. but find that she is ok with everything we requested for. but she is not willing to go all the way out to help meeting people's requirement. I signed up at the fair in Oct. And it was a banquet manager who signed our package. He was ok with our request and even let us use the ballroom when our tables is less than the norm required(25). Jerrie was firm on not letting go the ballroo to us. But unfortunately, the banquet manager won't be the person who will be liasing the restof the details till the actual day. He was good.
Hopefully they will employed more people and improve on the service. They should have eployed more to the wedding stuff.Jerrie alone will definitely stress out doing all the wedding services.

babyvon

Hi Ladies,

I'm bk...Yesterday was the BEST day of my life!!! If u ask me if i wana go thru' it agn, YES YES & YES!!!
happy.gif

God was so gracious to us...Weather was good & evrythg else went so well & smooth! Both my jiemeis & my hubby's brothers were reali so helpful! We had a good OIC & a fantastic Emcee!
happy.gif
My fotographer & videographer were reali good too!

The negative feedbk frm my guests was tt most of the dishes when served were pretti cold. But they found the dishes tasty. As for the change of plates, i had chked with Jerrie & she said they oni chged evry alternate course. I was too busy to chk on tt...And some of my guests did comment on tt but it wasn't too much of a prob lasnite.

The banquet-in-chrge, William, assigned to us did a good job. He discussed with us & we told him our concerns & cld see he reali went all out to help us.
happy.gif

zhuzhu

Ladies
Seems like there had been numerous of negative feedback for Carlton.
uhoh.gif

Babyvon
Glad dat you had a wonderful wedding..are you going to post ur pic somewhere?

shook

Hi Babyvon
Great to hear dat everything goes smoothly 4 u. I m not so lucky
sad.gif

Oh William is excellent. Thumb up 4 him

Zhuzhu
Well, there is no 100% perfect. There bound to b some negative feedback. 4 my case, I wld say everything is gd except those empty promises fm Jerrie dat upset me n the shortage of manpower on my wedding 9

cwy

Hi foreverfriends

can check with u how u confirm the type of invitation cards??? like wat type of fonts and design of the cards??? is it thru the samples tat carlton gave and then u confirm with them thru phone huh??? cos for my case, jerrie just sent me the samples of the prints and then ask mi to choose from there lor and she didnt even said by when i hv to confirm or wat else i need to let her know leh....

and how long dey take for the printing and is it 1 month b4 ur AD u collect ur cards huh???

sori for asking u so many questions....

happy.gif

shook

cwy

My wedding was in May this yr. During dat time, Carlton does not print invitation cards for their customers. Guess 4 your case, Carlton prints invitiation card 4 u rite. Do u need to pay for it?

Sorry can't ans your question. May b Babyvon can ans your question. BTW She is away for honeymoon for few days.

cwy

hi foreverfriends

ya carlton provide 70% cards and we need to pay for the printing...

hi kk

my WD is 14/2/04.... so u hv any idea regarding the invitation cards huh???

shook

cwy

Sorry I misunderstood your questions.

I confirmed the type of invitation cards thru the samples tat carlton gave thru email. My hubby n I collected the cards from Jerrie. I chose two types of design, one Western, the other traditional Chinese type

My hubby's niece printed the inserts for us. Can't remember how long we took to print the inserts.

U estimate when u wanna distribute the cards, check how long the printer requires to print the card. Fm there u gauge how much in advance u need to get the cards fm Jerrie. I wld say abt 3 to 3 1/2 mths b4 your wedding

cwy

foreverfriends

thks.....

wow hv to get ready the cards so early huh????? my actual is on 14/2/04 but nw still hv not confirm the cards leh.... aiyo guess i hv to speed up liao lor...

blueberry

cwy,

Better to get from Jerrie the cards soon. And printing needs time too...
Have the things early with you better than late. or else panic...
happy.gif

babyvon

Hi All,

Thks for ur well wishes!
happy.gif
I just got bk frm Phuket...Must hv gained at least 2-3kg aft tis trip...ate so much, took revenge aft my wedding...Keke!
lol.gif
rofl.gif
Better diet these few days or else very fast go outta shape!
sad.gif

Hi cwy,

Congrats on ur coming BIG day! Valentine's day ya? Hmmm...So romantic!
happy.gif

For me, i went dwn to collect the cards frm Jerrie...then i just had to liaise with the card printer myself...I asked them to fax over a sample & i did my amendments thr & faxed bk. They'll fax bk agn aft everythg's confirmed & once i gave the nod, they went ahd to print.

When i signed up with Carlton, my pkg comes with free printing for the cards but only on the inserts & not on the card itself...For ur case, maybe u can ask Jerrie for recommendation for the card printer?

So, i din liaise with Jerrie at al...oni told her hw many cards i needed...The card printers went to collect frm her 4 the print'g...I collected the printed cards frm Jerrie aft tt.
happy.gif

But i din reali notice tt they actuali printed a wrg no. for my hubby's mobile aft a frd told him.
angry.gif
But then agn, it's my fault for not chk'g properly.
embarrassed.gif

I wld reali suggest tt u & ur FH reali confirm ur guest-lists b4 u go ahd to print the cards...For me, i printed b4 confirm'g & almost din hv enuf cards...Luckily for some relatives & frds, they were pretti understd'g so we din give them.
uhoh.gif

Hope i did help in some way!
wink.gif

Will post my AD pics when they're rdy. Cheers!
happy.gif

cwy

hi babyvon

CONGRATS !!!!!

thks a lot for ur info..... so u dont need to pay anything for the invitation cards at all rite??

as for my package comes with free 70% of the cards and i hv to pay for the inserts lor.... so jerrie did give u a call when the cards is ready for collection is it??? so how long did the printing co. take to print the inserts huh??? and how many weeks or months b4 ur AD u get to collect the invitation cards??? does the cards comes with the goldstrings(for inserts) and envelope huh???

sori for so many questions......

tigger

Hi CWY,

maybe i can share with you. I took up HiTec from AMK. I took less than 1 week to confirm and print the inserts and HiTec provided free goldstrings.

Think you have to call Jerrie abt the cards. She will then send you some samples. Once you are ready, you just tell her how many cards you need and she will prepare them with envelops.

babyvon

Hi Cwy,

Yup, i din hv to pay for the printing on the inserts but i had to pay for the goldstrings.
sad.gif
I kena conned!
angry.gif
Hmmm...tink u shld go for HiTec which Tigger mentioned, since they provide free strings. For me, i had to pay 10cents for each card.

The cards r provided by Carlton...U just hv to tell Jerrie the no. of cards u need. As for the print'g, it's pretti fast...But u must be very sure of the no. u need 'cos addt'l print'g will cost qte a bit (if m not wrg).

The printer informed me when the print'g's rdy & i asked when they'll send to Jerrie...aft which i contacted Jerrie, to collect. The envelopes dun tally...I was given lesser but it was sufficient for me...so i do suggest u chk thoroughly.
wink.gif

cwy

hi tigger & babyVon

thks soooo much for all ur valuable info....

i thot of using HiTec too but so far hv not call them for quotation lor cos the one Carlton recommend for the printing cost abt $0.90 for each inserts lor... beri xxxpensive hor...

so far the printing of inserts is it take only 1 week huh???

babyvon

Hi Cwy,

The printing actuali depends on whether the printers hv bulks to print tt time u wanted...For mine, it was oso the one Carlton recommended, sori, i 4got the name...It so hpn'd tt when i wanted mine to b printed, they were do'g for a few others, so i got mine in less than a week.
happy.gif

I dun tink u reali hv to wori, 'cos in the next few mths, m sure thr's plenty of wedd'gs so u def wun hv a prob with the print'g. If u're print'g mre, u can try get'g a further discount.
wink.gif

tigger

For HiTec, They will deliver 3 days after u confirm. So the slower you confirm, the longer it will take.

tigger

Hi Gals,

Jerrie offered me bears for wedding favours. : )

Its beige in colour with pink and blue ribbons to differentiate male and female.

blueberry

Hi Gals,

Happy New Year!!

Nice to hear got another favor.
Wonder do they allow us to chose a mixture of favors.

Tigger,
BTW, when is your big day??

tigger

Hi Gals,

Had my wedding liaoz. The bears were very hot. All snapped up. There are even friends and relatives asking if we had more (to make a couple)

The Banquet in charge, Augustine, was truely helpful. He guided us throughout the dinner.

The Catering Manager, Mathy, even explained to us how to walk. And we practised outside hahaha...

Jerry came down and checked with us if there was anything that we need.

I love the signature poster. In the end I hid it to prevent anyone from signing on it.

Food wise, my mum commented that the fish is not as good as the one we tried on food tasting. A bit "xin" she said. Some friends complained that the drinks were not filled up in time.

I think overall its a good experience. Hope you gals will have a great time too.

babyvon

Hi Tigger,

CONGRATS!!! Wishing u & ur hubby a Blissful & Blessed Marriage! Great to hear everythg went smoothly for u too!
happy.gif
It's such a relief nw rite? Where r u going for ur honeymoon? Do hv a ROMANTIC trip! Cheers!
lame.gif

vanocas

Hi Tigger,

grats to u! Actually i went with my wife to Carlton n met up with this guy call Shafie just right before your wedding. So got to see your signature photo b4 u kept it up. Must say the both of u look fabs :> Saw the cute bears as well. just wondering wat type of pkg did u manage to negotiate with carlton for ur wedding? Am thinking of getting as much info as pos to help us decide. Thx for help in advance :p

tigger

Thanks. Haha .... so you managed to see it!!

Ok. But what are the things you are interested in? only the price?

vanocas

Well, mostly perks n price i guess. The person who spoke to us doesn't seem to willing to compromise much on the pkg though :<

babyvon

Hi Heng,

I got a reali good deal at a Wedding Fair last March...So u may like to take a look at Wedding Fairs if u're seeking reasonable deals?
happy.gif

If u just call in, most htls wun give good offers unless they're hvg a promotion. Best of Luck!
happy.gif

babyvon

Hi Zhuzhu,

If u're still ard in tis thread, my hubby's scanned my AD pixs...U can take a look in the thread "BabyVon's AD pixs"...Cheers!
happy.gif

blueberry

Hi Heng,

Yah. Look out for the fair. Sometimes they give a lot of stuff and you will have more bargaining power
happy.gif
There is a period for you to consider before you send up. After that, no other special perks. So must be fast in deciding the hotel and date. I sign up mine last Oct. When is your AD??

Hi Babyvon,

How's married life???
must be soak with lots of loves :p

tigger

Hi kk,

thanks.

Hi Heng,
I got my package at a promo also. The price then was $728. Free flow of beer. 2 night stay + helpers room (didn't use it haha)....

free usage of the pool area for solemnisation.

They offered the printing of invitation cards and photo montage for certain no. of tables(forgot)

cathie

hi,

I am seriously thinking of booking my banquet with Carlton. But I dun feel comfortable after talking to Jerrie. She seems rather cold. Besides her, who else can we lialise with ?

After looking at the some negative postings here, I am rather concerned abt the food. I thought Wah Lok won the Best Food award almost every year, the food shouldn't be too bad rite?

Can anyone share with me your experiences with Carlton. I am now contemplating whether to choose Carlton or Hotel Rendezvous. Thank you.

zhuzhu

Hi Heng
I also signed up mine last oct. And I do agreed that they had very attractive perks during the fair. Maybe you can check with Jerrie on when is the next fair. With the free printing of cards and photo montage, it does save alot of $

Hi Babyvon
I left a msg in the thread for you to email me the link to view ur pics.

Hi Catherine
I think Jerrie is abit cold sometimes..but overall i find that she is ok lar..not sure if there are any other coordinator around..
How many tables are you taking...I think hotel rendezvous had a max of 25 tables o so..and its a rather weird layout..and i think they don't have a chinese restaurant in the hotel...u had to go to another plc for food tasting

vanocas

hi all,

thx for the fast replies. Well, the person i contacted did not mention anything much abt any promos or wedding fairs etc. Btw, anyone here liaised with this person call Shafie? Will try to look out for those extra perks....gotta make the money well spent :> AD is gonna be ard sep - nov 04 if i can still get those dates that i want :p *cross fingers*

tigger

Actually, I have no problem with Jerrie. I find her quite accommodative. (there was one incident where I wanted to change my invitation cards after I collected them. She was ok with it and even ask when I need to collect the new ones).

Hi Heng,
never heards of Shafie before. Maybe he is new?

cathie

Hi Zhuzhu,
thank you for your fast replies. Yup, I went to view the hotel rendezvous ballroom, quite like its new decorations, v cosy looking and it has higher ceiling than Carlton. But we are looking for abt 28 tables,so mostly will sign up with Carlton.

Hi Tiger,
How's the march-in effect? Do they provide fresh floral decorations along the walkway? Jerrie said only the flowers on the stage is fresh and I do not get free flow of beer
sad.gif

blueberry

Hi Heng,

Nope. Never heard the name Shafie. Could he be other managers within the hotel? Jerrie seems to be the only person doing everything there. She is assistant manager. There is another manager. But she does not seems to do the wedding stuff details.

Hi Catherine,

I have signed up with Carlton mainly of the ambience and food. Jerrie is ok. She may sound cold but she can compromise if she can.
I was like you also pending Hotel Rend too. But find that parking for my guest will pose a problem. After considering the pro and cons, decided on Carlton.

Hi ZhuZhu,

Long time no chat.
How is your preparation?
Me going to do my gown next month :p

tigger

Hi Cat,

to be frank, as I was concentrating on kicking my gown and trying not to step on it, I didn't quite notice them. But I remember seeing some candle stand while phototaking. Can't remeber much. maybe I ask my hubby tonight

cathie

Thanks KK &amp; Tigger ! I am not so worried now after hearing your positive comments on Jerrie and food. There is a wedding dinner at Carlton next Mon. I will drop by to see the setting. Hopefully, I will sign up with Carlton.

Abt printing. Where can i get cheap printing? Is the inserts with goldstrings looks nice than printing it direct on the card ?

blueberry

Hi Cat,

When is your AD?? Why not wait for the bridal show. More perks and worth it. I think there should be one round the corner.

zhuzhu

HI KK
was following this thread sliently..me just meet up with the bridal shop designer last sun...to decide on my WG design...so far still looking for AD fotographer...already confirm ninetrogen as my AD videographer...have you found one already?

blueberry

Hi ZhuZhu,

Glad to hear that your WG's design has been selected.
I am still waiting for the designer to call me for a time slot. By then will be Feb. So got to wait till then.
Have not confirm actual day photo. Is ninetrogen good?? Never heard of this name. How do they charge??

babyvon

Hi Kk,

Thks! Married life's reali GOOD! Hubby's been doting on &amp; feeding me! Sob Sob!
angry.gif
Hv gained almost 2kg!
sad.gif
Nw, hv to do on diet agn!

When's ur AD agn? Must be reali excited as the day draws nearer &amp; nearer?
wink.gif
Hapi prep! I wish i cld go thru agn...even though kinda stressed then but was reali worth every effort!
happy.gif

Hi Zhuzhu,

Oh! U did? Did i send u the link? Actuali u cld just click on the link. I'll chk agn &amp; send u then.
happy.gif

When's ur AD? Sori i very 4getful!
embarrassed.gif
Hapi prep too!
happy.gif

babyvon

Hi Catherine,

Jerrie's like tis...she alwz sounds pretti cold but she's not tt difficult to talk to. U can't reali get her most of the time but just keep lvg messages &amp; she'll def reply.

I called &amp; emailed her...Emailing her seems the fastest way to get her (Amazingly)!
uhoh.gif

Wah Lok's food's good so u may tk tt into consideration if u're comparing among htls.
happy.gif

Btw, Jerrie didn't allow our flowergals to throw petals as she said the petals will stain the carpets. So, we got confetti for our flowergals &amp; for the guests seated ard our march-in, we gave them party poppers to pop &amp; bubbles to blow, during our march-in. I asked for a red carpet for our march-in...The effect was good &amp; grand! We asked for red &amp; champagne color roses which oso complemented the ballroom.
happy.gif