Carlton Hotel

jaclyn

Hi choc,

Ur actual day is when in october?I m in october too!
kao_happy.gif

crazibee

hi miracle,

my coordinator is Eunice, so far the experience with her was fine.
I just ask for day's room and more red wine.
for me 2 nights' stay is enough hee

chibi

Hi Jaclyn,

My Photographer is Ken too...
happy.gif

My MUA will be Regine (RuiChing), my PS will be in end Sept, can share with me your photo after your collection? Thks in advance

chibi

Hi ladies,

Any idea if I want to call April to collect invitation card, how long to settle it??

Cos I readlly afraid can't get her contacted...
sad.gif

ling2006

Hi ladies,

I din use the cards from carlton. Fren helping to design...now i dont have the english n chinese wording to print ... can any of you share the wording with me? esp the chinese name of carlton hotel.... help help...
sad.gif

miracle_miracle

hi crazibee,

how come you have free wine as perk? i've made tentative booking with Eunice and i negotiated for additional night at bridal suite as well as day use of room for helpers.

ivied

hi Chibi,
I have signed up with Carlton for my AD on Jan 07 and same as yours, the coordinator is Apxxx. Having seen those reviews about her, what's your comments so far? I do agree that she is hard to reach. Unless you have a higher bargaining power (i.e. increase the number of confirmed tables) else it is quite hard to negotiate with her.

turqoise

Hi all BTB, I've just signed up with Carlton and assigned coordinator is April too...I find svc is quite good and my hubby & I are quite comfortable with her,in fact I attended my hubby's best fren wed dnr last Dec and we were quite convinced with the fd and svc by the hotel...
Serene da-jie, me have a chklist and 1st thing wanna settle the bridal studio first, any advice?looking at Vera Wang, heard that it's ex but you have any suggestion?

crazibee

hi miracle,
when i signed up the package is inclusive of free flow of beer and 12 bottles of red wine..
for weekend package but i managed to ask for a few more bottles lah hee.. with 2 nights stay which was also included in the package

chibi

Hi Choc,

Thks for your info...
happy.gif

Today I called April already, fortunately I'm managed to contact her 1st time when I called her mobile, keke.... And receive her softcopy of invitation card immediately.

Hi iViED,
Ya, there's more bargining power if you can confirmed more no. of tables on the spot. By then, u must remember that the no. of table can't be reduced once you have confirmed the no. of table with Carlton.
Luckily I brought my relative who held her banquet @ Carlton b4, to there during the negotiation of add'l perks. Actually I only confirmed the min no. of table of Empress Room(23 tables) for my weekday Y2006 package. At 1st Apr was very firm of not willing to give me some of the add'l perks I requested, but I and my relative emphaised that my relative strongly recommended me to hold my banquet @ Carlton, due to the gd impression. After a long negotiation, she is willing to give way most of the perks.

My tip of bargining is: bring yr fren / relatives who had held a banquet @ Carlton (or your ideal hotel) b4, and tell the co-ordinator that yr fren / relative strongly recommended during your negotiation. Must be firm and patient... cos it might take a long time...

sereneli

Hi Turqoise,

Heehee me no da jie lah....
for BS, depending on your budget and whether you need a comprehensive package or not.

I had used Jawn Happy.Ever.After as my BS and truly amazed by their professionalism and service. Though they are on a pricer and less comprehensive package, but when you meet up with them, I am sure, you will be won over.
happy.gif

Anyway, I think it really depends on which BS' style you like. Best way to BS shopping is to go down and visit them. First impression and how comfortable you are with them is quite important. If you are taking OTR packages, then try their gowns to see if you like what you see....if you are taking MTM packages, then maybe your emphasis can be lesser on their existing gowns but more on their speciality, like embriodery, details on the gowns etc
happy.gif

Happy BS shopping!

jaclyn

Hi serene

Wow..u wake up so early?;) Btw,when the date gets nearer we have to confirm w carlton on the decor,menu,wedding favours?Can we still negotiate w them on the decor of the ballroom to use more flowers or maybe can put flower petals on the tables etc..?Or its standardized?:p

sereneli

hi jaclyn,
yeah, don't know why can't sleep....hahaha...
anyway, they will call you to meetup and confirm the various issues when it's nearer to the date. But I doubt you can ask for more flowers, it will be more of like what flowers/colors you want to use
happy.gif

starlight_17

Hi ladies, so those whose coordinator is Apxxl, everything went smoothly during the banquet?
Did most of you choose the Oriental theme? I'm doing a luncheon and am worried that the Oriental theme might be too red...I'm now thinking of getting the other theme (the white one). And comments on that?

miracle_miracle

hi crazibee, great deal you have gotten! i assumed you signed up during their wedding show? no free wine for the normal package now and only comes with one night stay.

crazibee

huh i sign up by calling up and make appointment hee..
i signed up at around mid june.. maybe its sat package? coz the package for weekday not as comprehensive..

ivied

Hi Starlight,

I'm also choosing the Oriental theme. From what I gathered, only the VIP tables, the deco on stage and the march in comes with red lamps. So it is not entirely red. The classic theme looks ok, except not that glamourous. It depends on your preference.

turqoise

Hi Serene,
You really an early bird leh...Thanks so much for your advice on the BS. Hubby is going Europe for overseas posting very soon (end of this Month) me going to handle e'thing by myself (sob sob). Well, since I still have about 10mths time and I tink I'll be able to get thru the rain...You sound like a cheerful guru, no wonder your wedding went on so well.
Come back to the wed pkg,I've chosen the $798nett pkg coz in-law luv their food, ppl said food tasting always looks better than the actual day, izit true? The whole pkg looks fine too,April waived off $30 extra charge for me ($828) coz I cfrm 33 tbls, are you still in the loop of this yr pkg? Actually I oso dunno what to ask from her anymore, seems like e'thing is oredi 'pao-kah-liao' in the pkg....

Hi Starlight & iViED,
I tink Oriental Theme is nice...I went for reckee in one of the actual wed dnr, it looks good...

cadbuary

*HI ALL, NEED HELP HERE!*
i'm still searching for a venue, already shortlisted 3 hotels included Carlton, how's the hotel,food and service?Any comments?i met up wz april about a week ago,still holding a booking and need to revert back to her by next monday.

sereneli

Hi Turqoise,
Heehee yeah, super early bird but can't find worm to eat
happy.gif

My hubby also went Europe for 3 weeks to work after our AD....so he went for "honeymoon" alone as I couldn't get leave
sad.gif
Well, if you need any help, just pm me or post here.....

Usually if you can confirm more tables, you got a better bargaining power.....and as for Carlton's package....it's very comprehensive so I also didn't ask for much except for an extra night stay
happy.gif

chibi

Dear all,

I must emphasize that I got the add'l perks fr Carlton is due to I have a referral, and the bargining power of cos is better if there's any referral.

ivied

Hi Turqiuse,

Its good that you still have some time to plan for your wedding. Not to worry, the whole procedure is quite tiring but enjoying. You will feel a sense of satisfaction when you have accomplished each part of it.
happy.gif
I'm a Jan 07 BTB so I'm quite excited about the whole thing too.

I like the Oriental theme too and planning to work on it as the theme for the whole wedding. :p

miracle_miracle

hi Turqoise,
you are lucky to have the $30 waived for next year package. I'm paying additional $30 for next year package.. guess i have no such luck cos i only booked the minimum no. of tables for weekend at the Empress Ballroom.

lstephie

Hi Turqoise,

I also got 33 tables and got the $30 waivered. You din ask for anything extra? How about wines? Got ask for extra?

turqoise

Hi ivied,
Me okay lah, not 'kan cheong' type, I believe wedding is a happy occasion, so I don't want to stress up myself or anyone else....one of my married girlfren told me tat we should relax n things will just be fine....

ivied

Hi Turqoise,
Yup. I agree. I have done most of the preparations already, now just waiting for the nearer date to get the final part ready. So free until I dunno what to do... hee...

tge25

Confirm more ex one leh... kekke

was tinking if anyone has lobang of cheaper wines

I saw Giant selling Rivercrest at 9.95

Cheap lar...but taste so so nia

tge25

Hmmm... thanks iViED for the link...

still considering... coz if buy from Giant then got to carry it myself..very lazy ah...

ivied

Hi jaclyn,

What I understand the norm is 1.5 bottle per table. Hence if you have 30 tables, u will need around 45 bottles.

Carlton package is quite comprehensive, the rest of the stuff to purchase could be:
1) guest book (it is not necessary if you do not mind people signing on the poster)
2) printing of invitation cards

Hope this helps.
happy.gif

jaclyn

Thanks alot iViED..

Now i know estimate how many bottles of wine is needed..How abt those liquor like XO,Martell?Is it necessary to buy tat?
smile.gif

turqoise

Halo Serene da-jie,
Me bz with a project at work lar, tats y no time to come in...btw sharing wz u, hubby called me last nite n told me he saw a nice tea dress at Milan, n he's gonna gimme a surprise! I almost din zz last nite, can't wait to see him!!! (I mean the dress ;-D ) As for the bridal studio, me gonna give a pause on tat coz my jie-mei have volunteered to help me out, how nice rite, hehee....

Hi Miracle!
Almost missed you out, pai-sei lar...so come back to your question, how many tbls have you confirmed with Carlton?(you mean min 28 tbls?)Who is ur coordinator?

Hey lstephie,
Me oredi got 2nd nite stay, 1 dayuse room for jie-mei, full course fd tasting...I think tats bout it rite?Forgot the rest liao, but anyway, me and hubby + in-law happy liao, so never go 'squeeze' April anymore lar.....

Well now got a "forsee" problem, i tink in-law gonna add more tbls, me scared no more space coz max capacity is only 38tbls rite???

sereneli

doi...dun call me da jie lah....
Wow so nice of your hubby! I am sure you are also excited to see him lah, not only the dress....though the dress is more appealing at this stage
happy.gif

Wow your jie mei so good huh....I am sure it will be very meaningful leh....
happy.gif

miracle_miracle

hi Turqoise,
hehe.. the min for weekend is 28 tables but hubby and i negotiated with Eunice (my co-ordinator) to let us have 27 instead.. since i don't really have a lot of tables like you gals, that's why i think i was given the waiver.

When is your AD by the way?

turqoise

Hi miracle,
Guess wat, met up with in-law today for yum-cha, she said probably we are gonna change the wed date (July 07)coz it's not auspicious to hubby and i...(Oh no!).Another drama is gonna happen soon. But dun get me wrong, i love my in-laws, so will let'em decide, anyway am a peacemaker......but i told'em must tell me asap coz mi have to inform the htl!must chk wz april 2moro, but do you know if there's a penalty charge???
Come back to your deal with Carlton, I guess if Eunice let you go down to 27 tables she's being flexible liao...btw, i tot tis's a 'april forum' coz never see other wed couple under different coordinator name, i guess she must be popular.....kekeke

Hello Serene (no da-jie tis time),
Yeah-lar, i must praised GOD tat i've a bunch of die-hard buddies (gals and gays) i couldn't ask for more for my life, do you believe in 'Karma'? coz i do, very much, e'thing comes around, goes around...for example, just like urself, you're being nice to ppl (i supposed ;-D) n in the end u've a blissful wed banquet and marriage, you read me?

teehouse

hi all,

just wondering if anyone has gone for food tasting? any comments on the steamed sea bass? i had originally chosen the deep fried sea bass but turns out the taste is not up to my expectations. thinking of changing to steam sea bass but not sure how it taste like..

miracle_miracle

hey turqoise,
oh! hope it will not be a hassle to go about changing the date. but think as long as the new wedding date isn't too early, you still have time to plan.

anyway, the confirmation letter states that a written notice is required 6 months before the actual date of event if you wanna change the date. but it is subjected to availability..

actually Eunice is mentioned quite often previously as well. guess April is more 'famous' due to some incidents shared by others in this thread. but i personally think she is alright.

Eunice once told me that there's a total of 4 of them handling banquet/events in carlton.

ivied

Hi jaclyn,

I would propose to get some hard liquor as you can't possibly reject your guests right.. I'm planning to get 2~3 bottles.

Hi Turqoise,

wow.. u have such good deals! I'm only taking the minimum number of tables (28) and hence I did not negotiate further except requesting for an extra room for the helpers. I guess it is enough already as Carlton's package covers almost everything. Good for you. So when is your new AD now?

sereneli

Hi Turqoise,

Yeah I agree that what goes around comes around eventually. If you want to be treated nicely, just treat the others nicely
happy.gif

Anyway, happy preparing!
happy.gif