Carlton Hotel

sereneli

Hi Choc,

Yeap, used Jasvy. Service good, rates alright and quite fast....just make sure you double check their draft carefully for spelling errors.

You can send it to Jasvy for printing and ask them to deliver to Carlton to collect. Cos they are in Kallang, may not be convenient to some
happy.gif

tge25

Hi Serene,

OK! I will go home see see.. just get the printing out lor.. once and for all.. then another item done...

when the time comes ah... hehhee...relax nia

chibi

Hi Serene,

Chk with u...
The no. of invitation card is it = 70% of the confirmed table?
If I want to add more table (more than the no. that stated in my contract), can I request more copies of invitation card?

tge25

Hi Chibi,

From what I know, if you are able to confirm the additional tables, then you shld be able to get more cards... the thing is must confirm lor...

How many tables u having currently?

sereneli

Hi Choc,

No prob!

Hi Chibi,
Usually they will give you some extras but of course you can try asking them for more, saying that you got more single guests.

Cheers,

chibi

Hi Choc,

I'm having 23 tables booking with Carlton, which is the min. for weekday. (Cos can add cannot reduce mah
biggrin.gif
)
How abt u?

tge25

Hi Chibi,

Me ah....getting the max... 38 lor... but confirm onli 35, 2 tbl spare...got 1 more tbl can add in coming months... ;)

sandsand

hi all... sorry to interrupt this thread, but can anyone give me comments on the food at wah loke and if the price is affordable? Looking at lunch for the parents meeting...

chibi

Hi Choc,

I believe you shd have a strong negotiate power with Carlton, since you confirm the max no. of table with them, heehee
happy.gif

tge25

hmmmm... no idea leh... i thinking of increasing the no of pple for food tasting...

ahhahaa

this i need leh... what u tink?

starlight_17

Hi all,

The coordinator I'm assigned to is Apxxl. She seem nice to talk to and work with when we meet up but I agree with some of the past postings here that her follow-ups are really bad. Most of the time i have to call her up to set up appointments, and she nv respond to missed calls and sms. This is the only concern i have that is preventing me to sign up with Carlton.

Can anyone who is assigned to her before share with me if she handled the event okie? did she deliever what she promised during the signing of contract etc?

Thanks!

chibi

Hi Starlight,

My co-ordinator is the same as you.

I agreed with you, she is very hard to get contacted. You need to keep on calling & calling to reach her.

Like my case, the add'l perks she promised to give us during our 1st appt (viewing the environment, explaining abt the package, enquiry etc.), she was forgot abt it. When I called her after our consideration, which is a few days later, I confirmed with her abt the perks that she offering during our 1st appt, she said she forgot what she said, and requested us to go down another time to discuss abt it....

The add'l perks only being settled during my 2nd appt with her, which I made the payment on the spot. If you prepared to sign up package with Carlton, you better negotiate all what you want. Cos after you sign the contract, it is quite difficult for you to have a further negotation with them...

So far I only signed up the package with her, not further meeting with her yet. After about 2-3 months of signing the package, she just gave me a call to remind me abt the timing of collecting invitation card.

crazibee

I think that the perks that carlton is providing is very comprehensive already, like free flow beer, 10pple tasting, 2nite stay etc..
mayb ask for more wine?

tge25

Chibi,

You are lucky she called you to remind you to collect the cards...

I got to email (no reply), call her( cant reach)...then keep calling till she ard...

then ask abt invitation card ah...

Now i asking abt the food tasting...till now havent get back to me...abit slow ah...

HAI....got to "zui zui zui"

chibi

Hi Choc,

Seem you very sian of "Zui-ing" her. I've not collected my invitation card yet, may be abt 2-3 wks later.

I think I better call her earlier to fix an appt with her, otherwise she will be unreachable, keekee
happy.gif

miracle_miracle

Hi all carlton brides-to-be,
my husband and i are seriously considering carlton as our banquet venue. I forgot to ask April about the additional charges for catering to vegetarian / muslim per pax. Does anyone of you know?

tge25

is ur cost of 1 tbl/10

example ur tbl cost 698, to cater for muslim is 69.80 in addition to ur table.

but if u can get 10 muslim/vegetarian to sit together, its still 698

miracle_miracle

Thanks Serene for sharing the lovely pics.
happy.gif

you and your hubby looked so happy and in bliss..

anyway, after reading thru all the posting from 2005 till this date, i have decided to switch back to Eunice.. was initially assigned to Eunice but she was on leave on the day when hubby and i went down to view the hotel and April took the liberty to show us around. April seems alright and easy to talk to but i couldn't convince myself after reading some -ve feedback..

miracle_miracle

hi crazibee,

who is your co-ordinator? i have not sign up with them yet..will make another arrangement to further disscuss the package before signing..

thinking of asking for additional night for the suite; extra room for helper that's abt all..cos the weekend package is quite comprehensive..perhaps you can share with me yours..

btw, my AD will be end Dec 2007.
happy.gif

no_name

Hi all,

I'm a BTB this Oct. In fact, last year I was about to book Carlton but some incidents happened. All the BTB, pls check carefully b4 u book any wedding banquets.

no_name

Hi,

Tat time my co-ordinator was Apxxl. Our 1st met up, she oredi late. After discussing the details, we told her we need to consider b4 we make the decision and she agreed to let us consider for about 2 days and if any couple who is going to book the same date as us, she'll inform us 1st and let us to decide whether to take up the booking. Means we r the 1st priority.

But 2 days later, she called and told me a couple is taking the same date as mine and if the couple wanted to book, she'll gave it to her. Long story short, which means I'm not the 1st priority now! In fact, this couple came the day after us. I argue with her, but she said that I did not tentively book with her...OMG, as a co-ordinator, in the very 1st place she shld told us about this, but she didn't. Anyway, this incident already passed and I'm lucky tat I didn't book with them cos after I told most of my friends, they told me the service there not gd.
This is just an unlucky incident which I encounter. Honestly speaking, the chinese restuarant food there not bad but not sure about the wedding dinner.

tge25

Hmmm...

poor u... but did u confirm that u wan to book with them? if not, how can she just blocked the venue for u when u didnt confirm anything...

coz from what i know...once u place tentative booking...at least its secured... why didnt you book verbally first?

coz the other couple...if they are able to confirm on the spot... and u cant... no reason to let the other couple wait for nothing mah...

if u realli like carlton hotel, y didnt u give a verbal confirmation? then she will be able to tell the other couple reserved liao...

no_name

Hi,

In fact we r not aware that we have to make a tentative booking. She did not even tell us about it. If we know, we'll do that.

She already told us that if any couple going to book the same date as mine, she'll inform us and let us make the decision 1st...

Anyway, those who currently looking for wedding banquet out there, remember to check carefully with your co-ordinator. :)

tge25

So did u or did u not make the decision to book the hotel when she called u?

If u didnt make any decision and the other couple already say they can confirm..
i tink its only fair to give the venue to them...

tge25

From what i feel now, if you did tell her when she called u that u wan to book the place, she will be in the wrong to say that she will give the booking to the other couple coz they wan to confirm..

BUT, if u still didnt confirm and didnt book tentatively, then how can u expect them to wait till u make a decision...

then when u say that she treat u as 2nd priority is incorrect...the fact that she did call u...already shows u are in first priority,.... so it will not be fair to say tt her service is so bad etc etc..

i hope u can clarify this clearly to avoid any misleading points...

no_name

When she called me, she asked me whether r we confirm on the booking as another couple is interested. After hearing that, I told her I confirm on the booking and out of the sudden, she told me that she hv to called the couple as they already tentatively book. So another words means that the couple confirm the booking with her, we won't get it. Since she already gave the couple as 1st priority, why called us again and asked our decision. In the end, the final decision is not up to us, is the other couple. Why I'm not so happy with her is she did not do her job properly. She works for so long in this line, she should advise couples about all these rules.

tge25

hmmm.... Now i get the full story...

haiz.... seems like her service not very good...so all BTBs, pls remember to confirm tentatively even though u cant confirm on the spot to avoid disappointment...

So far her service before i book is ok...after booking...she seems MISSING... laugh

i have to keep calling her number and hope she is ard...

Kim, its a blessing in disguise to u... LOLz

chibi

Hi ladies,

Come back after a few days, seem missed many story huh
happy.gif

Hi Kim,
Sad to hear you have a bad experience with Apr...

For my case, Apr told me that she will block the date for a week for me to consider. I dun know is it the tentitive booking that you mentioned. (I'm the 1st couple to choose the date) And she will call me if there's another couple interested. Luckily, nobody want to pick my date before I confirm to sign up.
May b for your case, another couple told her that they conf the booking with Carlton, which they have made the appt with her to go to Carlton straight, discuss with the add'l perks + pay deposit on the spot ba.
Read your latest posting, may be Apr means she have to call the other couple, wanted to negotiate them to consider another day, since you are the 1st couple and conf the booking with her thru the tele-con.

Where did you sign up for your banquet finally?

jaclyn

Hi gals..

I have print n collected my invite cards..they r quite nice n i m quite satisfied..I left 3 mths to my AD and juz finish my PS on wed!So wats the next step?
happy.gif

jaclyn

Hi gals..

I have print n collected my invite cards..they r quite nice n i m quite satisfied..I left 3 mths to my AD and juz finish my PS on wed!So wats the next step?
happy.gif
I m getting more excited day by day..hehe;)

tge25

Hi,

I have already collected my cards...going to collect the inserts soon..

then start to write down the names of relatives etc...

Also going for marriage preparation course... laugh