Carlton Hotel

gelaine

Hi jaclyn,

Yeap.. in a way coz u confirm lesser tables so bargaining power will also be lesser. All hotels work the same lor.
happy.gif
But dun worry... Carlton's wedding wun be slipshod.
happy.gif
I attended weddings at esplanade room before and they were not any different.
happy.gif

ehore

Hi Chibi & Gelaine,

Thanks for the advice.. Can you share your package with me? Was planning to have ard max 30 tables.

By the way, gelaine, is the food portion enough for table of 10s??

Email : [email protected]

Thanks again. =)

gelaine

Hi Ehore,

Food portion was enuff for my table and we have 7 guys. So guess considered quite big.
happy.gif
As for the package, i dun have it in soft copy. But think they have it on their website. If not, you can just fix an appointment with Carlton and they will provide you the nice folder with the packages. Heh.

ehore

Hi Gelaine,

Thanks for your reply..Already have the package from the co-ordinator tdy... and now looking at their sat package.. Quite comprehensive leh... So was wondering what extra perks that you ask & what can they give?

Thanks

gelaine

Hi Ehore,

YEah the package is so comprehensive. In fact i did not ask for anythign extra at all leh.
happy.gif
Coz all i want is included liao.
happy.gif
Myabe u can ask for extra bridal stay? That means 3rd night. LOL... or things like free rooms for your parents to stay overnight? Or more wine?

chibi

Hi Jaclyn,

I know that U-bridal is a sister company of French bridal. However, I never see U bridal before, where is it? And how you get to know this BS? Ya, the no. of the table is very impt for your bargining power.

chibi

Hi Ehore,

May be u can ask Carlton to give you the full 9-course foodtasting, helpers room X 2, extend of bridal suite. Since you have 30 tables, I believe you shd have more bargining power...

I'm taking the package of year 2006, how abt you?

ehore

Hi Chibi,

I am Planning to have my AD in 2007.. So how many tables are you taking? Was wondering is it too early to book now?

gelaine

Ehore,

Dun worry. It's not too early definitely.Good dates get snatched up very fast.
happy.gif
Especially if yours is a Saturday.
happy.gif
I've already booked mine and it's 4th Quarter 07 in Novemeber! So if you're sure, do go ahead!

jaclyn

Chibi,

U bridal is at 91 Tanjong Pagar..i book the package with them 2 years ago then they were still quite new n small..U Bridal was the 3rd bridal shop we went,they were very aggressive and close our deal.we dun even have chance to scout for others..We were attracted by their photos and hopefully their gowns nw have more varieties like French!French Bridal is gd,i saw a few designs they advertise on magazine i like alot..I guess u sure have no problem in getting a beautiful n glam gown!

chibi

Hi Ehore,

If you want to booked a Saturday banquet, this time should be alright, not too early la. No worries
happy.gif
Go ahead, "gan gan" go ahead ba

I'm taking the min. of 23 tables (weekday) in Nov'06. I only confirmed this package with Carlton in the month of April.

chibi

Hi Jaclyn,

Wah, you signed up your bridal package so early... hehe
biggrin.gif

When I signed my package with FB, the sales person (who closed my deal) told me that I can choose U-bridal for gown selection. But for its full set of gowns, meaning I can't choose my WG at FB and EG at U-bridal. May be you try to check with the sales person at U bridal 1st ba, and go to FB & take a look of their gowns.

ehore

Hi Chibi,

Already when down to see their ballroom but dont have the chance to view their bridal suite.. Is it beautiful & spacious? Overall quite happy with it.. but their price will increase by $30 next year.. Sob Sob...

babymiki2003

hi Ehore,

did u enquire if the 698nett package for 2006 is still available for 2007?

they made no mention abt this package and used only the 798 package to quote, which will amount to 828nett in 2007.

ehore

Hi babymiki2003,

Nope i didnt enquire, cos when i went down the co-ordinator only give me $798 package which is for saturday.. They put it nicely in a brochure form..

U manage to get their 698 nett package?

babymiki2003

hi Ehore,

Eunice direcly quoted my HTB 798+30=828nett for 2007 package. obviously they took out the 698 package for 2007 already.

i think some perks for 2007 includes:
2 nites bridal stay
thank you vouchers for buffet dinner (not hi tea)
complimentary 12 bottles of house wine for empress ballroom.

These perks are NOT official, but bcos i enquired for 25 tables in empress ballroom, eunice excluded these from my perks. I hope she doesn't see this entry =|

chibi

Hi Ehore,

Me too.... they do not have the bridal suit for me to take a look for my 2 visits to Carlton, due to full hse. But according to my sis in-law, who was having her banquet @ Carlton abt 5-6 years ago (during the renovation time), she told me that the bridal suite of Carlton is not bad, quite gd 1...

lstephie

I got to see the bridal suite the last time I was there to sign the contract. The living room is huge, kinda like 2 living rooms. THe room is ok. Just that the toilet is the normal kind of toilets u have in hotels. Not those with a huge bath tub. would have loved one though. Also, the view is cool.

jaclyn

Chibi,

my AD in 28 oct..we decided too late alot of dates are taken..i have chosen my gown from U n French..but got difficulty in choosing EG..Wat EG u choose for ur AD?when is ur PS?mine in early aug.i chose all my gown OTR..

chibi

Hi Jaclyn,

It's seem a bit rush for you leh... You are so lucky that still manage to choose weekend for your AD last min, heehee
happy.gif

My PS will be in end Sept? They allow you to choose your gowns from all 2 BS? So gd... My EG is in wine Red (Maroon) colour (A-line), but I didn't have my EG's photo. How abt you? You confirmed your WG & EG already? As for my EG, I only managed to confirmed at the 2nd round selection. 1st round I choosed nothing, and met a bad co-ordinator, very bad luck...
Me too, I choosed all my gowns OTR
happy.gif

I think you try to re-schedule your appt for selecting your EG, may be their EGs have not collected from dry clean. Like my 2nd appt, there's more selection of EG for me.

chibi

Hi Serene,

The atmosphere of Carlton seems nice....

I have more confident of my banqunet after view your photos, heehee...

I attended a wedding dinner @ M Hotel 2 weeks before, but their ballroom's ceiling is too low, make me feel "breathless", and their food not delicious & qty is very little, like their sharkfin soup is waterly (nt thick enough). I still feel my stomach empty even after the dinner. But M hotel's guests wedding gifts are nicer than Carlton, they have salt & pepper bottles (in a shape of a couple hugging) & papper clip stand in wedding cake shape.

Hope my banquet @ Calton will not turn out so badly ba...

How abt Calton? Is their celing low? I forgot already...

sereneli

Hi Chibi Maruko,

Thanks for your compliment. The ambience and atmosphere in Carlton is really very nice. The banquet staff are very helpful, so no worries. The ceiling of Carlton is abit low compared to others but it's good enough to feel cosy.
happy.gif

Carlton's wedding favours are not that bad lah.....I mean during my time...now I am not sure what they give out
happy.gif

Just enjoy yourself on your big day and not worry too much cos it's won't help if you worry and can't relax to enjoy your wedding
happy.gif

jaclyn

Hi Chibi,

I chose a halter neck WG,a 2 piece gown for EG from French but i dun realy like the 2 piece cos like not v formal n i havent try yet cos there is a bride taking tat for her AD tat day.I m able to choose from both BS becos i sign up the package when U Bridal juz open 2 yrs bk maybe choices not much so they let me chose from both.ur Outdoor u choose A line or flare?I chose flare.

chibi

Hi Jaclyn,

How abt you call up Jazz bridal and request for EG re-selection. May I know who served you when you were in FB to select your EG? How abt U bridal? Did they have more choices of EG?

sailormoonwt

hi serene : read tat u had yr wedding at Carlton... can share with me yr links ? how was yr experience with Carlton? do u hv any photos of the wedding deco set-up of the ballroom tat nite to view? :p

can send to my email add: [email protected]

many thanks babe` Ü