Carlton Hotel

sereneli

Hi Tasha,
Have sent the link over.

Gals,
Try to list a few of the hotels you wants to see and from there, list down your priorities, in terms of connection, price, package etc and then from there, it's easier to make a decision
happy.gif

hamster_gal

hi serene,
just to check with you if the ang bao box in your photo album is provided by Carlton?
happy.gif

hi all,
it is alright to have 2 ang bao boxes, to separate ang baos between bride's family and frens from groom's family and frens?
happy.gif

loi

yah been shopping ard n realise Carlton is one of the most comprehensive for the price range.. n of course, a good location.. n good food (i tink but haven't try before)

reismion

hi faintz

not a real connection but the venue's better than carlton. got less pillars. the lady is oso nice but muz noe how 2 work w her lor.

the lady fr carlton is as wat u described but our fav dates all taken up liao. sianz...

jam75

hamster_gal,

Tink 2 ang bao box v confused leh...r u able to drop in to the correct box??? will be many ppl giving u ang bao leh...just my personel view.

isishui

Hi!

I juz got my wedding cards samples mailed to me.. their selection very few.. intially was thinking of getting traditional red red invitation cards for parents' frens... but their red invitation card very plain looking.. think i will be getting the pink one.. my fren already used the creamy one for her wedding in carlton last year.. :p

BTW, is Ang bao box gd anot? heard mixed comments abt it.. some worried abt it being snatched away..

Hi Faintz,

are u the same Faintz in the Santiago link?

ja_ja

Hi Hi ... hmm about the connections ---

Reisimion, I believe things happen for a reason and you will see the good of it later. Whether another venue or date, you will find it soon
kao_babydust.gif

Jam05, before the "connection", I read up on reviews, shortlist based on the Chinese food (important for my families), then the price, then the ballroom size as mine only a small 20. A useful link by price listing:
http://singaporebrides.com/banquets.htm... Mentally I visualise if I even like the place (I used most hotels before due to work!) I am on a realistic budget so I don't have many choices. Going for another one tomorrow...Fingers crossed!

Loi, who is your coord? So far I heard good reviews, good food as I like Wah Lok and good coordinator... I still have not received my follow up calls coming 2 weeks. I sourced others first then I come back to Carlton again. Heard that once signed, not entitled to goodies offered at wedding show 15Oct?

Hamster, agree with you, if not happy, change coordinator to see if happy. If all also not happy, ???I wonder... For ang pow box, be careful if your mum ask your FH side for tables, if so, all ang pows from those tables will be kept by mum. Most mothers don't do that now as we are all paying out of our pockets instead by his parents. All in one box better if no such arrangement, appoint a chief bridal maiden to guard the ang pows, once start dinner, bring it with her till you go up to have 2nd change of EG, then lock&keys... like that can?

Nite Nite
Jam

loi

mine is April. dunno got the wedding show..

err wat type of follow up call u expecting? for me, as i'm having ard 15 tables, hence not many hotels can. for location n it's pricing, happy abt carlton liao.
happy.gif

sereneli

Hi Hamster_gal,
The ang pow box I got it from Bras Basah, with the slit cut. But the ribbons and flowers were done by myself.
You can have 2 ang pow boxes put at the respective side of the tables for the groom / bride but I think it's kinda confusing for your guests.

Hi Shihui,
You can actually get your helpers to put it in the room safe before they attend the dinner. He/she can help to bring it up to your room before your first march in or during the march in , empty the box and put it in a bag before putting it into the safe if the box is too big.

Hi Loi,
There's 2 types of view, harbour view and city view. I managed to get the harbour view and it's FANTASTIC kekeke.... check this out.... http://laiserene.multiply.com/photos/album/3

reismion

hi jam_choo

ya, i noe wat u mean. i seriously hope 2 settle the hotel soon. chking w my co-ordinator on my bkup date. if available, will consider carlton again. :D esp since it's location is quite convenient. my guests can go bk easily. tat's y i oni considered hotels like amara, gppr & etc.

:p

hamster_gal

hi serene,
thanks for the info.... i liked your ang bao box, very nice so wonder if carlton's ang bao box is as nice
happy.gif
is there a safe inside the bridal suite? big enough for putting the whole ang bao box inside? i'll be getting my brother to guard the box and bring it upstairs... haha cos he looks like a bouncer sure no one will dare snatch from him
happy.gif

hi shihui
*waves* me also getting the pink invitation card leh
happy.gif
are you going to print inserts or directly onto the card or hot-stamping? the front page quite empty, what to print on it har? by the way, carlton dun supply the envelopes for the wedding invitation cards rite?

hi jam,
how come not happy after changing coordinator? hmmm... sometimes they not so accomodating, esp after contract is signed... so need to be sure of what we want before signing contract as we have more bargaining power then
happy.gif

as for the perks offered during the bridal show on 15Oct, u can ask them to offer you the same perks even when u sign contract before the bridal show itself... at least u can secure the date u want, else it may be gone during the bridal show itself. as for myself, kelvin actually hold onto the date i wanted until day of bridal show, then he gave me a call when there are other couples interested in my date. that's when i have to give him a definite answer.

sereneli

Hi Hamster_gal,

Heehee actually, it cost only $11.90 for the box alone, so quite worth it lah. The safe is "tall" but not really broad, so I can't put the ang pow box in. What my helper did was to help me transfer the angpow to a bag and put the bag into the safe.
happy.gif

Just a suggestion, you may want to hotstamp your husband and your name on the front of the card.

As for the envelops, Carlton will provide them
happy.gif

isishui

Hi Hamster_gal,

I find the card quite plain too... but i may leave it as it is.... :p i saw my fren printed her hubby's n her name on the creamy card.. effect not tt nice leh...

not sure wat i want to do with the card.. most likely print insert.. haven't discuss with FH yet coz he too bz lately... :p

my coordinator is Jason leh.. how is he? nice anot? he took over Lena when she left carlton.. so i haven't met him yet...

btw, does carlton allow us to bring in duty free hard liquor? my fren's wedding coordinator fr Otani allows them to bring in leh.. he told me i shd fight for it even if hotel doesn't allow... else not logical to buy when u hav so many duty free sitting at home... :p

sereneli

Hi Shihui,

I don't think Carlton allows the bring in of duty free liquor as it's illegal. I am sure they don't want to get the hotel into trouble
happy.gif

reismion

hi Hamster_gal,

wow! tis kelvin so nice arh? dunno if can chg co-ordinator cos my HTB says men r more "zhai" (hokkien) or "steady". :p

jam75

shihui,
i am quite sure they don allow u to bring duty free liquor cos hv tried many times but hv been rejected many times so in the end give up and source for duty paid liquor.

ja ja,
hope the best for your sourcing of hotel.. everyone here want our big day to turn up to be perfect.....like many brides here mentioned Carlton...location, food, package is attractive lor.... but utimately you yourself muz be comortable with the hotel and service provided by them..

hamster_gal,
so your co-ordinator send the invitation card by email or post it to you??? have you already choose your door gift??

hamster_gal

hi serene,
thanks for the info
happy.gif
as for the cards, did u request for more than the 70% provided in the contract? i think i may exceed by another 15% leh
happy.gif

hi shihui,
i was thinking of inserts too... but the pink card comes in 3 segments.... can use inserts? are u going to print in JB city square? i heard it's much cheaper there, esp for normal printing
happy.gif
as for the duty-free liquor, it's also stated in my contract that duty-paid liquor is allowed only.... but i think i'll bring a few bottles and keep in the bridal suite, for my frens and family after the banquet... not during the banquet itself
happy.gif
think this should be allowed ba
happy.gif

hi reismion,
maybe u can try to request for kelvin
happy.gif
but i heard carlton assign coordinators according to FH's surname... i not sure if they allow changes of coordinators
happy.gif

hi jam75,
ya kelvin sent me the 3 invitation card samples by mail so i got the hard copies... easier this way cos i need to bring the card down to printer to ask if hot-stamping or direct printing is suitable based on the material of the card
happy.gif

me haven't choose door gift yet... think i'll arrange another meeting with Kelvin, then settle once and for all everything like door gift, menu, A1 portrait, wedding cards etc
happy.gif

sereneli

Hi Lindy,
Sent!

Hi Hamster_gal,
I didn't cos I had more than enough. They don't give you exact 70%, usually abit more, maybe you want to let your co-ordinator knows you need more cos you got more single guests?

isishui

Hi hamster_gal,

I think shd be able to put inserts.. got to ask the printer wat they suggest lor.. I hav a family fren doing printing business.. so will go look for them first before going elsewhere..

My fren actually paste a xi3 sticker over the DFS sticker.. and he brought it into the hotel... :p but if carlton dun allow, den i will oso bring some n put in room for relatives and frens too lor...

sereneli

Hi Loi,
Yeah, I love the view, especially when there's no blockage and also we managed to catch the NDP rehearsal on one of the nights kekeke

hamster_gal

hi reismion,
strange leh, my hubby is "Low" mine is "Tan"... i thot u should get the same coordinator as me since first alphabet the same mah?????
anyway no harm asking
happy.gif

sereneli

Hi KK,

That's good eh....thinking of going for a short trip in nov.....maybe to hong kong or taiwan, can't decide yet....but japan will be next april

blueberry

Serene,

Being to Taiwan. think it's ok..
think now price quite cheap too...
but you got to check out the weather. nov is moonsoon season and typhoon too..

The dinner setup like change a lot.. esp without the stage display and now with the bride and bridegroom's name.

sereneli

Hi KK,

Yeah, tot monsoon period, that's why hesitating. Wanted to go Perth but then too short...sigh....

The stage is now more bare compared to your time and the names hor, is I request one...if not its empty keke

blueberry

Serene,

Going Aus during end of the year is better for us.. cos of the weather unless you want colder places. Perth quite layback... I prefer Mel.

Yah.. the stage quite bare.. they should not have remove the stage.. but maybe need to think how to deco the stage then.
But can see they also change the dummy cake. nice leh...

sereneli

Hi KK,

Heehee prefer cold countries leh.....Want to go Mel but then 4D3N not enough leh....

Actually, we kinda like the stage decor cos it was plain and simple, like what one of my friend said, it's good to have a simple decor for stage so that the couple will stand out when they are on stage kekeke......the cake nice??? it's looks so fake keke

ja_ja

Hello Hamster: You misunderstood me lah... I was following up on your earlier advise to rainette, reismion and loi, that if not happy with current one can request for a change of coordinator. So I said, change here change there still not happy with coordinator... so maybe no YuanFen with hotel lah kekeke.

OK OK I think things will work out one lah!

Loi, my "follow up call" mean waiting for the first time I hear coordinator's voice after I left message with lady indicating my interest to consider Carlton and lady said my appointed coordinator will call me... think lady forgot or the coordinator overlooked. But I still feel ok leh coz I liked Wah Lok food... oishii!
Jam

wonderwall

hi Serene

Can I know what are the colours and types of flowers you chose for your dinner? Was thinking of using roses but not sure what colours to pick
kao_confused2.gif

blueberry

Serene,

good think you like cold places. I dun really like it.. coz I get cold easily even in office. my hair will stand. haha....
Mel needs at least 5days.

At least the cake look fesher with white color compare to the previous beige one.

Ya.. stage bare also good.. at least more ppl can stand on the stage for pix taking.

Kat,
Can try Red roses.

sereneli

Hi Kat,
I chose pink roses becos I had chosen the maroon table cloth so that it will tone down the red abit kekeke

Hi KK,
Aiya, cos hubby prefer cold weather, so now I am used to it liao cos every night must on the air con to sleep :D

True, more people could stand, esp. during the family photo at the end of the banquet
happy.gif

hamster_gal

hi jam,
i see
happy.gif
heehee... yuan fen har? very hard to tell leh... me very practical one, go for price and food only
happy.gif
as long as coordinator no attitude problem towards me can liao
happy.gif

hi kat and serene,
just to check, when i went for carlton's bridal show, there were 2 sets of floral decorations on display (1 is rose, the other lily i think, both are different from serene's pics).... i thot we can only choose either 1? or can we request for different flowers? or just change the colour of rose/lily only?

sereneli

Hi Hamster_gal,

I am not sure as I did not attend the bridal show b4 at carlton. What my co-ordinator let me choose was between roses and gerberras, colors I can choose any one that I like as long as they have.
happy.gif

hamster_gal

hi serene,
i see.... thanks
happy.gif
did you choose from a catalogue? or you show them pics of what u want?
thanks again
happy.gif
paiseh me so many questions
happy.gif

faintz

hi serene

check with you, how long is the march-in and first dish?

saw your photos, you are really very happy, all the way smiling
happy.gif

hamster_gal

hi tasha and chipdale,
i also not sure myself... heard someone from this thread mention about the bridal show sometime in Oct....
think i'll ask my coordinator when i meet up with him, will keep u gals informed
happy.gif