Carlton Hotel

jam75

hamster_gal,

i tot of taking pic @ their hotel too & hv ask my co-ordinator abt it last week but so far still yet to hv any reply...if u could check wif yr co-ordinator can let me know whether we can do so or not....tks

chipdale1910

Hi Faintz,

My AD will be on 02-July-06.I have 30 tables. My wedding planner is Eunice.Sorry, when will be ur AD? What abt urs, how many tables?

Hi everyone, I heard fm u all saying that Kelvin is good & he is able to make decisions, right?

Hi Serene,
Thanks 4 the photos, i rec'd it. Hehehe...
Thanks for ur blessing!After hearing all of ur comments on Carlton Hotel, i felt reassured!
kao_clap.gif

Btw, Serene.. Do u manage to get another night stay? Any complimentary perks? So u take the harbour or city view? Which is better?
Do they provide MC for AD? Did u use their LCD for ur presentation?

So u have used Jasvy for printing cards? Are they better than Carlton which recommend those vendors?

So sorry for so many questions.
kao_biggrin.gif

sereneli

Hi Chipdale,
Heehee let me answers your queries one by one....
happy.gif

1) Kelvin is able to make decisions as he is the Catering Manager.

2) I got 2 night stay with Carlton, 10 pax food tasting on top of the usual package. I got the harbour view, did not choose cos that time didn't know...but glad to have that as during my AD, Padang had the NDP rehearsal, so managed to see all the tanks etc from the room kekeke. And also can see the Chjimes view which is very nice. Do you have multiply account? I uploaded some pics there about Carlton.

3) They don't provide MC for AD.

4) I used their projector but I placed it outside the ballroom, nearer to the toilet so that I can play my morning highlights throughout the dinner. Anyone on their way to the toilet could view it.

5) Yeap I used Jasvy cos it's slightly cheaper and also had great reviews by fellow forumers here. Jasvy is one of Carlton's recommended vendor.

Hope the above helps.

chipdale1910

Hi Serene,

Thank you so much for your patience & time for giving me so many advices.

Btw,will u mind to send me the pics that u ahve uploaded about Carlton.
My email: [email protected]

Ok,I will take note of Jasvy printing.

Btw, how many months ago should i prepare to do my printing of invitation cards?

Thanks again.

cris

Hi All,
Im now looking for wedding banquet. I have a budget so Carlton is one of my choice. My AD will be in Dec 06. I have read all the posting and seem like Carlton have a good commands. So what should I do, Sorry Im very new to this. And actually dont know how to start.

chipdale1910

Hi Cristine,

Welcome! Well,actually most of us find that Carlton hotel is good as the banquet foods are served in Wah Lok restauant.. so the foods shld be good!

Well, let me give u some guidelines.

1. How much is u & FH budget per table?
2. What type of atmosphere will u like for ur AD?
3. How many guests will u be inviting & check whether can the hotel (ballroom) occupy the no. of pple tat u're inviting?
4. Most imptly, do u like the overall of the hotel?
5. Have u found ur BS?

Hope that the above can help u...

Anything, can just ask... See whether can i help a not...

sereneli

Hi Chipdale,
I dunno if u can access this website to view the pics. Please try. http://laiserene.multiply.com/photos/album/3
You can choose to print your cards earlier, say about 3 months, so that you have more time to write the cards, as well as to tie the ribbon if u r using inserts.

Hi Cristine,
Most importantly is to go down to Carlton and have a look at the place to see if you like it, as well as to meetup with a co-ordinator to see if you like their service before committing just based on the budget alone
happy.gif

jam75

Hi Serene,

Understand hotel don't provide MC but do they provide the standard speech for us?? Understand some hotel do provide the speech as a guidline.

sereneli

Hi Jam,

They can send u a copy if you need and also do a search on this forum for more ideas.

Attached here is a copy of the speech that I used.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif

MC Speech-Final.doc (33.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>

chipdale1910

Hi Serene,

Thanks for ur pics &amp; it's so nice!
Btw,do u have inserts for ur invitation card? Any sample to show me? Can email me?
I have send u PM,please see! Thanks.

sereneli

Hi Jam,
You are most welcome.

Hi Chipdale,
Ehh I don't have a copy with me right now. Will try to scan it tomorrow. Have replied ur PM
happy.gif

jam75

Hi Serene,

U mentioned we can see forum for MC..can I know is under wat topics...cos try seaching but can't find

cris

Hi Chipdale &amp; Serene,
My budget is below $800 for weekends. And my dad told me he like Carlton so I went to the website to look for the wedding banquet and is still within my budget. Today I told my dad abt it. He mention don't need to book so early as I planning my AD next yr end. Cos only in Dec my aunt can be back from NZ. So will it be too early?

faintz

Hi,Cristine

Carlton should be able to meet your budget. their package quite comprehensive so not much to ask for. They have a wedding fair coming up this September. you might want to go down and take a look before booking. got a bit more perks, I guess.. think you can wait since your big day is in December 06. u can also go down and see their actual layout during weekend when got wedding.

is the capacity ok for you? max 38 tables but I went down to see abd I felt 35tables a bit squeezy lor..so if you have in mind capacity below 35, it should be quite ok.

Food there,I believe, is good. Invitation card, they will change next year. hopefully they change a bit of their wedding favour.

best if you can drop by to see the hotel and see got chemistry or not. since your big day is still far, you can slowly consider.. think you can book, say in nov or dec 05.

Hi, chipdale

have been busy.. yawn... so now then manage to slip into the forum.. my actual day is 25 june 06. yours is on sunday as well
happy.gif

how do you find Eunice? which "scent" package did you opt for? got extra perks other than what is offered in the package?

I manage to get food tasting for 8 instead of 6 cos we will be expecting 2 more persons to taste the food. we did not ask for more carpark coupon and invitation cards cos thought what is given is good enough.

hamster_gal

hi serene,
thanks for your advice
happy.gif

hi all,
just like to ask if anyone is choosing the wedding invitation cards now? I received 3 sample cards from carlton, the one i like is the pink one, folded into 3 portions.... me wondering if this card can take normal inserts (cos inserts usually 1 piece folded into 2 portions only rite?)
else have to take hot-stamping liao, which is more ex....

sereneli

Hi Chipdale,
Heehee not a prob!
happy.gif
Forgot to bring my inserts to scan...paiseh paiseh

Hi Cristine,
If your date is fixed and you r happy with Carlton, I would say to book early to avoid disappointment that they will be booked on your date....kekeke

Hi Faintz,
Don't worry about the cards/coupon cos usually they will make some allowance and give a bit extra.

Hi Hamster_gal,
You are most welcome

cris

Hi
Thank you ladies for the advise. I will go look at their ballroom this weekend i think. Will update you ladies after viewing.

Hi cristine tan (cris),
Nice to c u here,My AD will be on 7th Dec'06.I went dwn todae to check for the tongshu n so i decided on dec..So rite nw i can save more $$ ...keke My dad like the place so to make him happy so i decide to save more $$ to get carlton..Btw the banquet manager email said tat

chipdale1910

Hi Faintz,

Eunice is quite a nice lady, but she is very busy. So quite difficult to look her..

Ya, mine is also on Sunday.I take scent of love.

Oh,i manage to get 8 persons for food tasting.

Wat abt u? Which scent u take &amp; what other perks u are offered?

Need nt to worry, cos i think tat the carpark coupon &amp; invitation cards are more than enough,
happy.gif

Hi serene, it's ok... When u are free, then scan ur invitation card to me. Thanks. Sorry to bother u again &amp; again... Hehehe..

Hi Cristine,
No prob... Happy to hear tat U, FH &amp; ur dad also like Carlton...
kao_biggrin.gif

Hi jess,tat's gd! u have finalised ur AD..Congrats! Quite true, can save more money &amp; after ur AD, can go for honeymoon too hor, hehehe...
Can i check with u whether the cming wedding show, do we need to pay?

Hello everyone, anyone interested to go for the wedding show?
kao_clap.gif

faintz

hi. jess

good to hear that you settle your AD date..still got a year or so to prepare and save money..go for the wedding show and see got any good perks.. i went down that weekend to see that actual layout for 29 tables.. quite spacious..did you get simon to do the AD photo/video takin for you?

hi,Chipdale

your 30tables should be just nice.. i chose the scent of love too so you paying extra 30bucks for next year package? i top up extra for an abalone dish. we did not ask for more cos the package quite comprehensive.

snnapper

HI all, I am also thinking of having my wedding banquet at Carlton after reading the threads.

Serene or anyone Carlton bride, do you mind email me your banquet photos? My email is: [email protected]

Also, i think my coordinator is Jason. Anyone work with him before? He is prompt and flexible?

Hmmm, do anyone knows if we can request the balroom to be decorated with a theme? I do not mind paying a little more. Or anyone know we can get someone outside to do it?

Thanks!
Juz started with the wedding preparations.. a little lost here..

chipdale1910

Hi Faintz,

Dun noe leh,i think tat i may need more tables (33-35). Then the ballroom will be quite packed &amp; squeezy le. Anyway, see how it goes.

Ya, i pay extra 30bucks. I suppose u also pay extra 30bucks,rite? What wedding gifts u will be taking?

Jus curious who is simon?

greengal

hihi
i'm also considering Carlton! anyone worked with Agnes b4? in general how are they when comes to asking for extra perks? how come u all sign liao? dun wanna wait for wedding show? normally more perks then right?? Oh yah! anyone mind sharing their photos? wanna drop by the ballroom soon, but may not have time to do so
sad.gif
me email: [email protected]

sereneli

Hi Cindy,
My pics are not uploaded yet...collecting this weekend.

Hi Greengal,
Depending on what perks you are looking at...cos their offer is quite comprehensive already, but if u want more people to attend food tasting, extra night stay, more carpark coupons etc, they will usually give in.....

As for the show, if I am not wrong, based on last year, if you pay by UOB credit cards, they gave some bottles of red wine for your AD....can't remember cos I didn't get it as I signed up before the show.
happy.gif

Hi, chipdale1910 (chipdale1910)

I am not sure whether i need to pay for the charges ornot...
happy.gif

Hi Faintz (faintz),

How u noe i am taking simon?Did i told u b4?keke
Btw the buffet per head is only $10.80+++ for wkdays at miramar hotel.

faintz

hi, jess

I took up simon too for my AD and ROM shooting.. he is recommended by my future sister in law.. quite a cute chap! we taking the same hotel, same photographer
happy.gif
i might consider the miramar hotel for bufet.. you have any contact? by the way, do they give you a private room one or you all eat with the other public in the cafe/restaurant?

Hi, chipdale

ya, i paid extra 30 bucks too.. you manage to get an extra night bridal night stay?
i am taking 35 plus 2 tables.. even more squeezy.. hope everything will be fine.. wedding favours should be the bear and keychain.elderly will like the keychain.simon is a photographer.

hi, greengal

the package itself is very comprehensive when compared to other hotels. can ask for extra perks an if you have more tables, they will most likely to give provided the perks u asking are reasonable.
happy.gif

I booked earlier and did not wait for the fair because i worry my date will be taken up especially the tong shu is out. mine is on weekend so better booked earlier. before we decided to book, i got to know fr carlton that 3 of the sundays in that month are taken up. lucky our alternate preferred date is still available and the planner blocked for us. there is another couple looking at that sunday as well..
happy.gif
phew..

cris

Hi Ladies,
What to ask for the perks? I haven check my date yet. Cos 7thmonth, my mum told me no body will see the date. Im thinking to held on fri, will it be possible to wait to their wedding show?

sereneli

Hi Cristine,
You can wait as long as you have a few dates when you go to book with Carlton so that there's alternative if your first choice date is taken.

As for perks, depends on what you want....but highly recommend to ask for extra night stay at the bridal suite.
happy.gif

faintz

hi, serene

do they normally place the screen on the stage and remove it immediately? i was told by my planner that the screen will be placed in between the two vip tables which will be removed immediately before our 1st march in (cos we only hav one video clip to show). but i can't imagine the the screen standing between the 2 VIP tables, a bit weird.

will it be better if the screen is placed on the stage and have the screen removed immediately before the march in? or just leave it there on the stage though nothing was played?

Hi Faintz (faintz),Realli a small world ley...u take carlton hotel for ur wedding n mi too and then u take simon as ur AD &amp; Rom photographer as for mi only for AD..kekeke Btw How old r u?mi born in 1979 ..no private rm sit with public..Actually i should go dwn to try the food 1st..when u see the hotel quite old lar but the food is nice n oso beyond my budget so i book there...
happy.gif
the no is 67363677 3rd flr.Btw how much u pay for ur simon for ROM?

Hi Serene,Dun Forget to send mi ur Ad photos ok?
happy.gif
i dun noe i should make my ad early bcos my bf parents sae too long liao n i oso dun realli have so much confident in my current Bridal Shop i have so i realli v confused ley can u gif mi sme advise?E tongshu man sae if i want to change my Ad must let him noe early as he sae nexy yr is a gd yr for mi n my bf to get marry...

audreytey

Hi May Lian, Cindy

my coordinator for my wedding is also Jason. erm... he quite nice lah, and very flexible also. if you got any problem or request can always ask him.

regards,
audrey

faintz

hi, jess

me also thinking of the si chuan tou hua resturant at grand plaza hotel which is near the registry.. think that part leave it to next year than think lor.. my mum said now is the 7th mth in lunar calender so put every sourcing to a halt which is a break fo me to diet too.. dun need to think about the rest for the time being..

i forgot how much we paid for simon. contract is with my FH. but we ask him to do our one montage. ROM shooting will be handled by his colleauge but we ask him solely to handle our AD. if not wrong, should be 1.5k.

ja_ja

Hi Hi Congrats to all BTB
I am a newbie here... had fun reading your experiences.

Need your advice. I am planning a cozy wedding dinner of about 20 tables. Esplanade room will be too small while Grand Ballroom require min 28 tables... Do you think Carlton will cater to this size for the big ballroom?

Ja Ja

sereneli

Hi Faintz,
Regarding the screen, I can't help you as I chose to put the screen outside the ballroom instead.
happy.gif

Hi Jess,
Few things to consider if you want to bring your AD early. Eg. : do you have the time to settle your gowns, photoshoots etc, do you have the budgtet to bring it forward or need more months for savings etc....have to consider it properly....
happy.gif

Hi Jam,
You can check with Carlton, probably it's ok but each table price will then increase if you were to use the Empress Ballroom.

sereneli

btw, gals, my pics are ready but I need your email addresses again if you want to view.
Thanks!
happy.gif

P/S : Total pics is 1300+ pics, but only uploaded what the Chief Photographer selected. Will try to upload only the dinner pics later for Carlton's Bride to be!
happy.gif

snnapper

HI audrey, thanks for that thread, Make me feel more secure in asking a few things from him. Thanks.

HI Serene, i want to view your pics! Gee!

my email is [email protected]

Thanks everyone for sharing their information.

snnapper

Hi Serene, thanks for sharing the pics with us. The pics are so sweet and chic! I especially like the wedding cake. Is the wedding cake provided by Carlton? or can you let me know where you buy it?

Thanks thanks!