Carlton Hotel

sereneli

Hi Jam,

I didn't as I put 2 reserves instead of 1.....so lucky...
happy.gif
I also informed Carlton about 2 hours beforehand that the reserve don't open until I tell them, even though I know I will utilise 1, so they didn't charge me.

Moreover, I didn't want to put 2 reserve tables to waste space. Mentality is that people don't come instead of more coming etc.

faintz

hi, Serene and all

REally need your advice about holding banquet in carlton. Any good points about them? Food, wedding planners, services and what things to look out for?

Really need your help badly.. Thanks, ladies!

We got a set back and a bad experience from another hotel and i shall not mention the hotel name.

sereneli

Hi Faintz,

Relax, don't worry k
happy.gif

The food is good as it's from Wah Lok Restaurant, which is an award winning restaurant. When I invited my friends/colleagues, all mentioned that the food from Wah Lok will be something to look forward to. And they were not disappointed.

As for planner, maybe you want to contact my co-ordinator, Kelvin Khoo. He's really a nice chap and really helped us all the way till the moment that we checked out of the hotel. FYI, he's the catering manager with Carlton.

As for services, they are quite good for the co-ordinators, though email replies are rather slow...about 1 to 2 working days....and the service of the banquet staff is alright, but fantastic for the banquet manager and his assistant. The trio (Kelvin, banquet mgr, assistant) helped my hubby alot when they knew he was drunk and also when we checked out, they actually were there to send us off, help us load our luggage instead of getting the bellhop etc.

Overall experience with Carlton is EXCELLENT!
happy.gif

faintz

Thanks, Serene..

Your msg is definately a boost.. we have a wedding planner who is in contact with us.. think she is patient too.. they gave the wedding planner according to the surname, i think..

I will go take a look and come back with more questions and will need you, ladies to clear my doubts..

BTW, any perks we can ask for? like auntie like that hor..:p

sereneli

Hi Faintz,

No problem.

Extra perks that I got is 2 night stay in Bridal Suite, 10 pax food tasting etc. Didn't ask for much cos the package was quite comprehensive

jam75

ya usually ppl tend to inform last min that they can't make it but can we request 2 reserve table..thought usual practice is 1?? if so i should also request for 2 reserve table

sereneli

hi jam,

ya lor....up till 6pm on my banquet day hor, still got people sms to say can't make it...
sad.gif

Carlton's practice is 2 reserve but u can choose 1

faintz

Hi, Serene

we went down to see the wedding planner today.. felt happy with everything but my FH still pondering about the 4 pillars in the ballroom..

you mentioned that you only open 34 tables? how many table you confirmed with them initially?
My FH told them 35 is the confirmed no. of table but I tot of confirming a lesser no. just in case people dun turn up..

any good operation people to intro if we take up carlton? BTW, when is your AD?

sereneli

Hi Faintz,

I confirmed with them at 32 tables. Better to sign for a lower guaranteed no. of tables as you do not know the actual attendance till nearer to your date.

Operation personnel to recommend is the Banquet Supervisor, Augustine and his assistant, Andy. But I doubt u can chose them as they are assigned.

AD just over on the 26th June 2005
happy.gif

Hi Serene, I am quite new here hope u can share more abt the carlton banquet packages wif mi.i still considering btw carlton & poeny jade rest.i never been there b4 but i noe my dad loves tat place & he wanted mi to book the place but i scare i over budget.how much is 1 table cost?Do u haf any recomandations i can look for the in charge at carlton?thanxs i need some advise
happy.gif

faintz

hi, jess

We are going to sign up with Carlton soon.. happy with the package.. the packages on their web page are not updated yet but if you are looking at next year price, you need to add extra $30 per table. The cheapest package for yr 06 is $698 (after adding $30).

Thanxs serene n Faintz
happy.gif
Actually i wanted to go dwn personally with my bf to c the place todae but last min we got smthing on.Actually my budget for 1 table is ard $500plus.. Faintz when is ur AD?
Serene if ur photo done must let mi c okie?keke Btw i still waiting for the TongShu out ley any idea u all noe when iszit out huh?

faintz

hi, jess

My bf finds carlton cosy though he minds the 4 pillars in the ballroom but we decided to have our AD there in the end.. I think $698 is considered quite good rate for a hotel with award winning restaurant..

Tongshu, i think will be out soon or mid august and if you are looking somewhere after july 06 maybe Carlton still got slot.. My wedding planner told us that the sundays in June 06 all booked unless you are looking at weekdays and sat.

Serene - will be eager to see your photos..I saw other thread and there is another Serene who said she went mauritius for HM. is it you?

Hi Faintz i went dwn todae n c the place but e waiteress told mi the in charge banquet manager went off hme alady n ask mi to cume dwn on mon.but she gif mi the packages booklet.Can i noe who can i speak to huh?e waiteress told mi there quite a few banquet managers ley?Which one is better huh?Btw my wedding most probably will be held on wkdays.But i noe smthing if i go for Esplanade Rm there will be no free flow beer ley!i only haf min 20 tables if i go for empress ballrm then is too damm big for mi ley!Aiyoyo i nw oso dun noe wat to do...Pls give mi sme advise .....Thanxs

faintz

hi, jess

Did you go around 5pm yesterday.. We saw a couple at the lobby reception, holding on the packages booklet..it is better to call them and get someone to talk to you first.

At carlton, the wedding planner is allocated accordingly to your/bf surname.. so far heard that kelvin not bad. he is the head there. u can look for him. if not, u can call them and they will allocate someone for you. if you dun like after talking to tat person, think can change.

For weekday dinner, guests wun drink so much bec next day working so the beer might be secondary unless you have a lot of good drinkers around. free flow of beer only for empress room but you can talk to the manager about this. min 20 tables or max 20 tables? your guest list might get longer, like what happened to us.

Hi faintz so qiao ley. ya lor is mi n my bf ley...keke ur bf sitting at the sofa rite?then u standing, if i am not wrg?As i saw a lady looking at my booklet!keke...my bf email them liao waiting for the reply..Btw when is ur Ad?So i can request kelvin huh?How cume u r there yday?ReaLLI small world hor?
happy.gif

faintz

hi jess.. ya.. that is me.. see how my bf treated me.. let me stand instead.. arghh.. ha ha.. really small world! I had a feeling it could be you
happy.gif
i even told my bf that you might be the person in this thread.. he said where so qiao one..

we were there to sign contract mah. my AD is 25 June 06, sunday. we din wait for tong shu to come out.. will be quite late already.. their wedding fair is in september.

i suggest you give them a call tomorrow, faster..

searchin for hotel is a strain.. i got many pimples bec of that.. haha

Haha realli so small world ley.I just told my bf abt u n ur bf he oso sae izit?i juz nw do sme calculation actully if i take up carlton hotel i realli scare over budget men...u should noe guys dun realli bother so much but i always the one who bother alots of things wan ,dun u think so?u n ur bf rom aldy?me going to on 8thsept05 so excited..
happy.gif
Haha me nw on diet i scare i cant wear my wedding grown ....Faintz u sae they haf fair on the sept iszit?when huh?

sereneli

Hi Jess,
Will send you the pics once ready!
happy.gif

Seriously saying $500+ for hotel is not say impossible. I think some hotels along havelock road does offer those package price if I am not wrong.

Hi Faintz,
No lah, not me...kekeke...my honeymoon will only be next year cos hubby is busy with work, and have some travelling to do...so gotta postponed
sad.gif

Congrats on joining us as the Carlton's bride!
happy.gif

hamster_gal

hi serene,
can i ask what is your march-in effect during your wedding? i'm thinking of use rose petals... not sure if carlton allows this....
my wedding is in Dec 05, do u think it's too early for me to ask carlton to send me the samples of wedding invitations? me thinking of sourcing for printers for the inserts inside the cards...
happy.gif

sereneli

Hi Hamster_gal,
The march in is with the dry ice effect plus rose petals (brought in myself). Had ask Carlton and they said it was alright.

You can check with your co-ordinator if there's any new designs coming up or if u r satisfied with their current design, you can just get the cards from them first.
happy.gif

faintz

Hi,Serene

I tot it is you who is going Mauritus.. I am thinkin gof going there for HM but my FH not very keen.. basically, he is a very homely guy who dun like travel.. yawnz...

Hi, Jess

My ROM is next May, on our anniversay actually..
happy.gif
Congrats for your coming ROM.. you going to do it at the Registry? I might have to check with the ladies here how to go about doing the ROM thingy.. ha ha..

Carlton fair is in September but dun noe when..

Most guys dun bother so much about hotels, budgets and so on... we, ladies do most of the planning.. I sourced hotels sourced until i so pek that I asked my FH to do the final round of shortlisting and "negotiation" with the hotels.. can't everything we do one mah..

sereneli

Hi Faintz,

haahaa no lah...we tot of going japan next year...mauritus was one of our destination but decided to scrap it as we are not sea sports people. :p

Hi Faintz,i am going to do it at the registry then later i will invite my friends n my family for dim sum at miramar hotel.my bf send them email n todae april teoh, the banquet manager call him and want us to comfirm the date n fix appointment with her...but i will still wait for the tongshu 1st..keke...

Hi Faintz,i am going to do it at the registry then later i will invite my friends n my family for dim sum at miramar hotel.my bf send them email n todae april teoh, the banquet manager call him and want us to comfirm the date n fix appointment with her...but i will still wait for the tongshu 1st..keke...

faintz

hi, jess

oh.. ok..the tong shu will be out aug/ sept.. if you doing on weekdays, should be fine..I think a few of us here are handled by April. oh ya.. this sat 30/7/05 got a wedding going on.. you wan to go down and see see? my FH workin and i have to go alone
sad.gif

me doing the same way for my ROM as you.. but we have not fixed where to treat my family thereafter. initial tot of amara but some unpleasant experience happened and my FH kind of blacklist this hotel. is miramar dim sum good?

Serene - japan is cool.. maldives is one of my idea HM place but lookin at things now, very hard to go HM cos budget tight tight.. envy you mann..

sereneli

Hi Faintz,

Don't go so near to AD lor....go after that...I tot of japan cos hubby next year then can get leave, so might as well plan somewhere further and at the same time can save more for spending money...kekeke

blueberry

Hi girls,

Sometimes you dun have to wait until the the day of the fair to book your AD. sometimes in the month of the fair or nearer the fair, they will can give you the same perks as they give on the fair day. so at least you can start tenatively book the day you want. on the fair day itself, most of the good days might be taken.
happy.gif

Happy planning
happy.gif

jam75

Serene,

Can i check wif u do u hv any idea is there any nice place at Carlton that we can take PS??? Think some hotel or country club allow us to go PS if u booked banquet wif them???

sereneli

Hi Jam,

You can try asking permission to use their Bridal Suite, where the view is real great....or level 4, where their swimming pool is. It's a nice place and a lot of couples actually did their solemnization there.
happy.gif

chipdale1910

Hi everyone,

I am planning to book Carlton hotel for my banquet next year July.

Care to share more things wif me abt ur PS & preps?

How u find their services & foods?

Act,my hubby & I like the cosy envirnoment even though wif 4 pillars.
kao_cheers.gif

sereneli

Hi Chipdale,

I actually posted the comment about Carlton to Faintz previously. Copy and paste for your info.
happy.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Hi Faintz,

Relax, don't worry k

The food is good as it's from Wah Lok Restaurant, which is an award winning restaurant. When I invited my friends/colleagues, all mentioned that the food from Wah Lok will be something to look forward to. And they were not disappointed.

As for planner, maybe you want to contact my co-ordinator, Kelvin Khoo. He's really a nice chap and really helped us all the way till the moment that we checked out of the hotel. FYI, he's the catering manager with Carlton.

As for services, they are quite good for the co-ordinators, though email replies are rather slow...about 1 to 2 working days....and the service of the banquet staff is alright, but fantastic for the banquet manager and his assistant. The trio (Kelvin, banquet mgr, assistant) helped my hubby alot when they knew he was drunk and also when we checked out, they actually were there to send us off, help us load our luggage instead of getting the bellhop etc.

Overall experience with Carlton is EXCELLENT!<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

faintz

hi,chipdale

we signed up with carlton recently.. my FH likes the cosy feeling as you.. serene gave a true reflection..

hi, jess - how is your preparation??

chipdale1910

Hi Faintz,

Thanks for ur comments. I'll be going down with my hubby to book the banquet tis Sat.
lol.gif

Hi Serene, thanks for ur recom &amp; it really booast my confidence of having my AD there...
Btw, will u mind to email me ur photos for the AD &amp; ur wedding photos?
Email: [email protected]

Thanks everyone!

Hope that one day, we can meet us as we are carlton brides.
kao_clap.gif

sereneli

Hi Faintz,
"ni guo jiang le"
happy.gif

Hi Chipdale,
I do not have my AD pics yet...
sad.gif
Still waiting for my photographer to get back to me. I only have my PS shots. Will send to you later.
happy.gif

chipdale1910

Hi Serene,

Thanks for ur PS shots, i have rec'd it. Thanks. So we are waiting for ur AD pics to show us.

I'll be going down to pay deposit for my banquet tis week.
kao_clap.gif

faintz

Hi, Serene

For a moment, I tot your msg is “You cross the river – Jiang (1).” Ha ha.. Not flattering you lar.. Really felt happy when I saw your comments on Carlton Hotel.. Was miserably searching for a hotel to hold the AD before we booked Carlton. we initially tot that we would settle with one hotel and we would held it there but the experience with that hotel is horrible. Kinda of suffer a set back, especially with so high hope and so many effort in searching.. Sound serious ya?? Ha ha ha…

Hi,Chipdale

You are welcomed. Happy that you settled the place to hold your banquet. When is your actual day? Your wedding planner is April? How many tables you intend to put in?

sereneli

Hi Chipdale,
No prob. Will post here once I receive my AD Pics
happy.gif
Congrats on joining us as a Carlton Bride!
happy.gif

Hi Faintz,
Heehee paiseh paiseh..... The previous hotel must have given u a bad scare that you lose your confidence eh. kekeke.

hamster_gal

hi all,
ya so far i'm happy with carlton's service. i sent an email to kelvin (my coordinator) to ask for wedding card samples and i got them in the mailbox 2 days later
happy.gif
very happy with the efficiency
happy.gif

like to ask if anyone has sourced for your own printing services? or taking the 2 recommended by carlton?
happy.gif

hamster_gal

hi jam75 and serene,
me thinking of taking pictures at the carlton hotel....maybe the bridal suite and swimming pool... on my AD. should be ok rite?
btw serene, which level is the bridal suite that has the harbour view? thanks
happy.gif

sereneli

Hi Hamster_gal,

yeah, forgot to mentioned that you don't need to go down and see the sample again, can get them to send to you for the cards. I used Jasvy as I went outside and compare, it's about the same price and Jasvy has quite good service but must double check on the spelling if you use them.
happy.gif

If I am not wrong, all Suites are from 21st floor to 26th floor. There's two wings, so one faces the harbour and the other faces the city. You may want to let Kelvin know in advance if you prefer Harbour view so that he can arrange.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">oh yah, one more note, don't go to the check in counter at the 1st floor lobby to check in on your AD cos all suites check in is at the Carlton Club, which is on the 26th floor.</font>

Hi Faintz i working tmlr ley if not i pei u go dwn kpo kpo...keke i am working in sales lines job so smetimes wkends must work ley...So sad can't go with u.Btw i go dwn last wkend to try the miramar hotel for the dim sum quite gd lor ..they haf 32choices for u to order n eat..u can eat as much as u can ley...E char siew bao not bad ley....

faintz

hi, jess..
never mind lar.. i go down later to see see then feed back to you lor.. the miramar hotel one is good har? you book a room one or share with the public one? how much per pax ya?

hi, serene

thanks for the info.. will take note of that.. do you have the contact of the printing shop you used?

faintz

Hi,Jess
My wedding plannner made a mistake. the dinner is not today but tomorrow.. I am going down tomoorow to take a look.. wasted trip.. now at pacific cafe, drinking coffee
happy.gif