Calling all Malaysian brides/grooms

princess_girl

Hihi,

Anyone here will be having their AD in JB? Or will be holding their wedding dinner in JB?

I need some recommendation for both restaurants and hotels. Pls help.

Thanks in advance!

ixoral

Ling: IIRC the penalty is RM100 if exceed 6 months and RM150 if exceed 1 year... suckers!!

i exceed 6 months liao lo..damn sian. And close to 1 year liao. but hubby says he wanna apply for citizenship. Dont think will involve msia embassy when he applies for sg citizenship hor??

migil

Wonder if anyone can enlighten me.
My Malaysian husband just got his Singapore PR under marriage law.
Does he need to serve NS?

Thanks in advance.

migil

Oh i see....my husband is 31 this yr.
He just received a letter from MINDEF asking him
to register himself online.

I wonder what is it for....
Jaslyn, did ur hubby receive?

jaslyn288

yayayaa... juz register only.. nvm de..
maybe juz wanna a record in the system..

hahahaa... our hubbies are old soldiers le.. SAF dun want them de.. LOL

shaling

Haha .. Coz the internet say like that..

I also ponder why parents mus be there..

Thanks for the info ya..

But what documents will i be expecting on that day ? New ROM cert ?

jaslyn288

hahaa.. dont need parents de.. =p
well, each of u will have a marriage cert, 2 colors, blue for guy & beige pink for lady.. LOL

cute hor.. dunno y nid to issue 2 certs for per couple.. I am still wondering.. LOL

hi shaling,

u need to bring and photocopy ur Singapore ROM cert, IC or passport (which use for ur s'pore rom cert) (not only the info page, also photocopy the page which indicated ur first entry to malaysia after ur ROM), and the passport size photo (blue background) for both...

hope i don't miss out anything here =)

shaling

Sigh .. so many things to do ..
sad.gif

Check with u gals..

For Ad, u serve tea to ur parents 1st or In law 1st ??

jaslyn288

hahaha.. shaling, i oso wondering your same question at my time.. but by right traditional, YES, u have to serve ur parents 1st b4 u step out of ur hse cos u will returning niang jia in 3 days time.. but now, current modern singapore, no more 3 days back niang jia le, all in one shot.. so leh, ur hubby will fetch u, den serve in-law tea den back to niang jia for niang jia tea ceremony.. =D

No lah... mine oso not educated de.. u are using ur marriage cert to apply the PR, which is so called 'sponsor' by spouse.. so juz submit whatever documents nid by ICA, jiu okie le.. =D

jaslyn288

dun have den nvm lor.. juz leave it out.. den submit whatever documents needed jiu okie le..
mine took abt 3mths for approval..

angel_i16

Hi all Msian Bride and Groom:
i m new to this "Calling to all Msian Bride/Groom". Happy to see we have this corner to chat between Msian Bride/Groom.
Besides, do anyone know that if a same couple wedding bands, where is selling cheaper, SG or MY?

Thank you.

shoppingq123

Hi,

My Hubby is Singaporean and I am Malaysian. We just got married on 20.09.2009
happy.gif

May I have the detail how to inform Malaysia High Comm about my Married?

Thanks.

shoppingq123

Hey Theresa,

"u need to bring and photocopy ur Singapore ROM cert, IC or passport (which use for ur s'pore rom cert) (not only the info page, also photocopy the page which indicated ur first entry to malaysia after ur ROM)" ->

If we didn't entry Malaysia After our ROM, what should we do ?

tannie2811

hey sorry, can any1 advise me: i'm spore bride,& HTB is msian. we'll b having dinner both at spore & jb. so e "chu men" is do at where? sorry ah, seem thro sme archives but cant find any info..

meow5

we went the other day and asked casually what's the fee like. The officer replied RM50.00. but i dont know if they calculate by how late or not ...might be flat fee. better call to check?

meow5

All, you need to photocopy 2 pieces of all your documents required.

Docs required are for both groom and bride with 2 copies each:
Singapore blue IC, malaysian IC, birth certificate (front and back), marriage certificate, passport and also passport sized photos (doesn't matter what background color). I think that's abt it. Just call them to confirm.

The Form can be obtained and filled up there coz they have a completed sample on the wall to help you and after you completed the form, they will check for you.

Did it between 8.30am - 10.30am at the Embassy.

angel_i16

May i know if we reach at there at 800 or 830am, abt what time can be done? if half day can be done, i think i only on leave for half day.

angel_i16

oh, i heard that if submit the form in the morning, the evening only can collect the cert? so in between time, can my husband and I not around there? come back at 5pm like that?

And about the photo, can use photos that are not taken within 3 months?

Thanks.

meow5

Collection for us was in the afternoon on another day, not the same day. You can call them to check the full details.

All the info provided here is from my own experience in Nov09.

angel_i16

Meow5, when u submit the form in the morning, u was told to come on another day afternoon? so u can directly leave after u submit the form?

hm, any photo u submitted? can use photos that are not taken within 3 months?

meow5

Yes we were given a date and time to go collect the docs. yes you can leave after submission of form.

As mentioned above, both groom and bride need to provide 2 copies each below:
Singapore blue IC, malaysian IC, birth certificate (front and back), marriage certificate, passport and also passport sized photos (doesn't matter what background color).

The rest of the info pls call them to confirm.
Thanks.

starlander

Hi my HTB and I are both malaysian, we will be havin our ROM and a simple reception in Singapore but i am clueless with where should i "chu jia" from? Hotel or what? Anyone can give me some clue???

Thanks.

meow5

For me, I "chu jia" from service apartment then follow husband to his rented unit where we both stay now.

You can use Hotel or service apartment to be your chu jia place. But not sure abt groom side.....

ixoral

hi ladies, is it really a must to 'declare' to the msia embassy on our marriage? hubby and i have rom for 1.5 years already and we have been in and out of msia countless of times after rom. We actually totally forgot abt declaring. Noting that there is some fine of RM50-100 if we were to declare now, can we just keep quiet abt this? Actually what are the implications of declaring? i believe there are many couples out there who have migrated or married somewhere else and not declared to the msia embassy at all right? What i can think of is, if either the msian bride or groom intends to apply for SG citizenship, then this will involve the msia embassy right? Other than that i dont think got any other implications? Unless the renewal of msia passport is counted as well... Any advise on this? Thanks
happy.gif

m_m

Heh gals,where is the Malaysia high com in Singapore? Are you guys doing this back in Malaysia or in Singapore? Thanks. :)

yummybites

Hi Hi,

I am happy to find this thread.Looking for advise cos me & my bf also kind of lost.

He is not highly educated & still on work permit... is there any advise how we can settle down in Singapore?

What are the things/documents we need to settle?

meow5

Hello all, seems like either users are not active after married or doesn't know how to answer your queries...:)

I can only advise based on my personal opinion. You still need to check with the authorities, gals!!

Declarations : sorry really cannot answer you coz I have not heard anything like your case and also, I'm not government...

Photos on M'sia marriage cert : Yes you need to submit your recent photos for them to paste on it. (don't know how recent but as long as you look almost the same as the photo, should be no problems)

Settling down in Singapore: Do you mean buying a HDB flat here? Only PR is allowed to buy resale (2nd hand) flats and must be jointly 2 PRs to apply to HDB and Bank Loan. 1 PR cannot buy. Please note that new flats - Not allowed at all. However, you can buy private property like condominium.

Hope this helps somehow.

GONG XI FA CAI ALL~