Budget BTBs

Xingli

Anyone has recommendations for Mother of bride's dresses?
You can try Tang at Vivo or Far East. They have a lot of nice dress. Bringing my mum there next week to purchase. Check rental company but very expensive. Easily about $250-$300 on rental.
Purchase about this range.

kytheon

Anyone tried buying gowns from Taobao?
Well, if one have a good body, easier to buy online, but must make sure the seller is of certain reputation. Saw one of my colleague's wife who bought her AD evening gown from Taobao, doesnt really look flattering on her. Best is to see and try the gown.

Muffinsaurs

Well, if one have a good body, easier to buy online, but must make sure the seller is of certain reputation. Saw one of my colleague's wife who bought her AD evening gown from Taobao, doesnt really look flattering on her. Best is to see and try the gown.

Good point. Thanks for the advice!

fussybridetobe

I got my gown from taobao. Must see the shop review and actual product first befire buying. Mine turns out well and quite fitting on me for SGD 100 including shipping

can share the taobao link. I am thinking to buy from taobao also. but my friend have bad experience she also bought her gown from taobao turn out so much different from the photo. can share your gown photo. thanks

JuzDream

can share the taobao link. I am thinking to buy from taobao also. but my friend have bad experience she also bought her gown from taobao turn out so much different from the photo. can share your gown photo. thanks
This is the link from taobao

http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a1z5f.7632060.0.0&id=525985395429

Below is the solo photo from a lady at taobao.

The photo with my htb is my actual gown

I think this seller as per my link is good. Not sure abt other sellers

Attachments

• 1475680456726.jpg
    1475680456726.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 83
  • 1475680492089.jpg
    1475680492089.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 89

aliciamzh

hi BTB! i currently have some intention to buy my gown from taobao. does anyone know which are shop that does alteration to the gown? and approx how much will it cost to alter a gown?

I'm engaging an external MUA (Autelier Make up) for my mum. Actually, I booked her for my MIL as well, but she suddenly said that she didn't want a MUA. I already paid the deposit, so my maid of honour will be taking the slot instead. It's $120 per person for hair and make up or $60 for either hair or make up.

Hi Dear, would appreciate if you could know the price of engaging MUA from Autelier? I say from IG on jenny MUA skill is very good. Which MUA did you engage? Thanks.

Hi Everyone I'm new here and I just started to source my wedding stuff from the start and would appreciate f you could share with the journey and recommendation on sourcing from the start and which are good to recommendation? Thanks.