Balloting Exercise July - Jurong West

rdnest

wow, me totally missed it :p
think my unit is shut off from outside once the main door is closed. (windows oso shut :p)

alamak333

hey xesthir, do you like your air filter? what brand/model is it? Thinking of getting one
happy.gif

rumi78

yes yes i like it !Feel the air is cleaner!
I got the bigger power Sharp model
http://www.sharp.com.sg/web/products/prodDetail.asp?ProdId=283
There are other smaller units you can browse the website then view at Best Denki Taka, Vivo more models on display, u see your room size, feature u need and budget then decide.

Haha I just splurge on a new gadget. jia lat. new gadget almost every month.

I got a dehumidifier machine hahaah..Novita one.. my study room books all turned yellowish spot, behind the study room door are patches of yellow spots and the walls have many yellowish spots and come with some tiny crawling insects. duon what they are, tried to kill them liao but keep appearing.

Hoping this machine will make them disappear..

alamak333

thanks thanks... eh, what is the diff btw this and HEPA filter huh?

ha ha, ooo, let us know whether the dehumdifier works or not...

ryanon123

xesthir... the crawling insect on the wall grows when you shut all your windows in the house
happy.gif
If there is a room which you hardly open the window, you probably can find the most.

rumi78

I always shut all the windows when I'm out! But only the study room has such tiny insects! u have to look really up close then can see them! The spare room is the one I hardly open most but I didn't see such insects!

ryanon123

lol ... use the vacuum cleaner to suck them in ... haha

alamak, i also got a sharp air purifier .. but not as good as xesthir one. her is the more expensive type which can cover the area of a living room and has humidifier function, but mine is only good for bedroom size but it's the same range of family.

alamak333

Thanks ryan and xesthir. We just need it for the bedroom when we are sleeping at night. Hubby has sensitive nose...

is the humidifier function good? maybe if aircon room, it would be useful?

also i am confused, the sharp range all have hepa filter?

rumi78

i think all the SHARP range has a HEPA filter. My air purifier went on red mode indicating that we have to wash the filters liao, so last night we slept without the air purifier and our noses were irritated by the poor air and so itchy. lol.

Humidifying is not a must but a HEPA filter is a must. Huidifying is good if u are using it in aircon room.

Alamak333, if u have budget I think u should get a bigger machine so that u can place in the living room as u have a dog, there are a lot of invisible dog hair particles etc around and this triggers allergy.., I don't think it takes up a lot of electricity, i usually set to Auto and off the lightings indicator to cut energy. Anyway even with a smaller set u can also put in the living room albeit take longer to purify. I believe the smaller set dun come with a odour level indicator although it has this odour removal function.

Oh yah our vacuum cleaner also c/w a HEPA filter vacuum up to 0.3 microns particles. very obsessed hor..

I also bought a SHARP ioniser air purifier to put in the car.. lol it looks like a mug..

rumi78

That time when I had bad sorethroat.. i never on the humidifying function and I kept coughing in the middle of the night in the aircon room. After I on the humidifying function, i no longer cough in the middle of the night.

It helps if you have very dry throat, eyes, skin.
But don't switch on on normal humid days. is already very hot n humid in the day time...

alamak333

wa, so good ar? so do you shift your filter out of the living room to your bedroom everyday?

do you have to close the windows or is it okay to open the windows when the filter is switched on?

rumi78

Is ok to open the windows if you on the air purifier.

I dun shift it out every day coz weekdays usualy reach home nite time liao... so usualy is in the room. The sharp purifiers do not come with castors. so I put it on top of a flat platform with castors that was initially built by my contractor for putting cpu.

rumi78

hahaa obviously is not raining in my room; this is what the dehumidifier collects on that day. If you use it regularly, the amt of water collected will get lesser. The windows and doors have to be closed at all times when the dehumidifier is working.

rumi78

Hey.. i thought i updated in FB in the neighbour group? Angie and Val they all going overseas right. u all want to postpone?

ryanon123

that time who say want to buy car? can give up the idea liao.. COE for 1600 below break $28,000, above 1600 break $36,000 and Open is now $42,000

Crazy... haha

ryanon123

just add about 10k+ more lor since that's the COE rise compared to last bid.

buy 2nd hand? good option but 2nd hand car had risen quite a bit this week too, brought on by the high COE

wait? not an option because COE will continue to rise due to the new car quota regulation starting next month. i heard 1600cc below is going to increase another 50% until > $40,000 in months to come.

Those who wants to give up their cars has most to gain, wait another 2 or 3 months you can even make a profit with a 3 years old car with no depreciation!

rumi78

i mean wait a few years first lor.. what goes up will come down bah.......

save the money better bah, take a cab or friendly buses n mrts.. Owning a car is always more expensive but more convenient.

I see a white mercs cab waiting outside the clinic loading/unloading lot every morning. I think someone apparently has some arrangment with that uncle every morning to piok them.. Maybe if find a nice uncle that do that. can try pay monthly fees. surely if mercs cab ore comfy lor. haha

ryanon123

MOTOR firms have increased car prices by as much as $22,000, in anticipation of certificate of entitlement (COE) premiums going up further.

The price rises came just a day after car premiums soared by $8,000 to $14,000, which many players see as a sign of things to come.

Toyota agent Borneo Motors, the biggest player in Singapore, has raised sticker prices by between $10,000 and $15,500. A Toyota Corolla costs $85,000, up $11,000 from its previous rate before Wednesday; and a Camry is $116,000 - up $13,000. The Vios, a popular budget model, is now about $70,000 - up $10,000. It cost around $41,000 just a year ago.

ryanon123

Hello neighbours, which one of you got NP-50 Li-on camera battery can lend me for 2 weeks? Thx

My is fujifilm but i think some other brands also use NP-50 battery.
happy.gif

csy

the white mercs cab got a regular who he pick up everyday. I don't think is from our estate but the one beside us.

there was once we flag for him, he drove pass us and pick up the guy infront. Wah really piss man..

than the next time, i think the guy didn't take and he pick me and he apologised to me. Said he felt very bad. I told this to my hubby, he said that he also said the same thing when he pick him one afte the incident

i don't think will be cheaper for such arrangemnt but you guarantee a cab every morning.

Got once i flag for cab and the chrysler stop for me. Sian 1/2....go to work the cab fare x 2...want to reject also paiseh.

rumi78

I thought u can make arrangement for regular timing pick up at a monthly rate, else what's the incentive for the cab to 'wait' for you at ur estate every morning.. he must well just anyhow drive outside the main rd and can easily get a customer urgently waiting to rush to work. U sure the guy he picks up from another estate? then why did he always station his cab outside the loading/unloading lot outside the clinic every morning, should go another estate wait for the guy mah...

puffy168

Residents be on alert! Burglar on the run, broke into 2 household in blk 675A in the same week! pls be careful and lock ur casement windows shut

rumi78

I think hor. it happens to corridor units bah..
those corner units how to climb in?

Unless they are spiderman?

but thanks for the alert.

rumi78

the grp thingy in FB not very gd leh.. i access via iphone cannot see anything. In browser facebook.. hardly get any alert leh unless added the person who posted in the group as my friend... I must deliberately go into grps then choose elderwiss then can see.. but usually i forget..

Think there is another way to have a discussion group in facebook. but no time to yan jiu leh

adathong

Hi Guys,

Need help and recommendation on where to buy nice and cheap L-shape sofas? If possible can post pics of your sofas?