Balloting Exercise July - Jurong West

ryanon123

Xesthir, i think is ok ba as long as not too many.
happy.gif

I choose the person to sell my newspaper now. Usually he buys at 10c per kg, so each time i can get $2 to $3. But be careful who you sold to. If you sold to those china people it will be much much lesser because they are the 2nd middle man. I was cheated once by one when 20kg only sold for 30cents. I asked him how heavy that was he told me 4kg ... a month later i realised it was at least 20 - 25kg .. Then the uncle i now sells to i sometimes also abit pai seh take so much, don't know if he earns or not .. so i only take $2 all the time.

i read a lot of newspaper .. ha ha... strait times, sunday times, today, mypaper and business times everyday HAHAHA

adathong

Ryan,

u do collection of the free papers ah (today,mypaper,business times), ya newspapers we only sell to locals not china ppl :p

rdnest

Hey 333, my soya jelly is in individual cups de... cocktails oredi in it liao :p I'll use mine. need to prepare a day before.
ur cans of cocktails keep for spare, in case our food is not enuff
happy.gif

rumi78

hahaha. not say i want to say. there was once at my mum's place we placed a unused CPU outside the corridor along with other barangs. mum has a cabinet outside. the c* karang guni asked us to sell the cpu we said no.. we just place it there no space.... we need it .... then after a while.. we happen go back to see then realised the impt things are gone. i think he stole the ram hard disk or motherboard. cant recall....

also for those who has vehicles when u go to service ur car to change engine oil etc.. please try to stand around there to see ur vehicle while they are changing.My uncle works in this industry.. told me that even those very big names company they hire c & b to do these jobs, but they see u all never watch over them, they may merely wipe away the dirty engine oil stain on the metal area & then never replace the engine oil etc..... and most pple never check. they then kept the new engine oil and resell it to others to earn a profit......

just beware of c&bs..

alamak333

diana, does your darling daughter eat any type of fries? or only macdonald fries? he he, i have some fries i can bake for her ;p

alamak333

diana, you mentioned that you can buy frozen food from a warehouse in Chin Bee. where exactly is it? I went there and couldn't find any place selling to retail customers... thanks!
happy.gif

rdnest

333, it is QB food at No. 8 Chin Bee Crescent
u got to walk into the factory. it is like a mini-mart inside.

my greedy gal eats all types of fries lah. soggy oso sup de :p

alamak333

thanks diana! I will go check it out. We like to buy frozen foods ;p not too healthy sometimes but very convenient!

ha ha, good good, i will make her some fries...

csy

Ben food along Jalan Buroh,
they do sell cheap meat on Sat..but i don't know whether now still got a not

today is the first time taking bus from the new interchange to work. Good lah, alight than can change bus liao, no need to walk so far

rumi78

hmm.. i think not much difference leh. i think is nearer to walk to the interchange to take bus to our estate.. 181, 192, 193, 243G is all side by side and I can choose which one to take whichever comes first instead of walking so far apart between the bus berths. After come out mrt walk straight in and then to the left are all our buses liao.. maybe only when come from estate to interchange then mrt a bit longer but on the way can buy breakfast mah. hahaha

rumi78

wow. hdb pple just came to my place and give me the coupons for the Edelweiss welcome party.. for game coupons, kachang puteh and game coupons adn souvenir.. and lucky draw!
U guys going on this sat?

csy

we got that too!
if my hubby no need to work, than we probably will join

haha..he say go eat kachang puteh!!

rumi78

hey, i saw the new estate name at the entrance of the estate...... last night from far, i thought a coconut tree has fallen and form a semi circle across as the wordings are in trunk colour.

But hor, can't really make out the words clearly until go quite close up. brighter colour like white will be more outstanding..

rumi78

hahah funds come from where?
isn't it from our mthly s&cc fees?

anyway i still think the estate is very dirty and the lifts are very frequently spoilt especially the one leadidng to the 675 carpark and shared by those staying at 675A.

I frequently smell urine at the staircase landing.between level 1 & 2. at 675A

shawn_

hello peeps

been a long time since i came in. diana are you familiar with taobao? Wanna buy somethingt there for wifey but my chinese aint too good. can help?

shawn

csy

I cant even rem when was the last time they clean
the corridor

clean n no clean still dirty n the water always seep in frm the door

Dun c this problem at my old house wor

ryanon123

they are supposed to clean the corridor everyday. that time i wrote to town council that there is junks outside my place for a few days and not cleaned. they say the cleaner r supposed to clean everyday and a daily routine. i told them "and u believe?"

think town council happy happy pay to contractor w/o spot checking...

rdnest

Hi Shawn
Went knocking on ur door new year day to pass u some cookies... but no one answered leh... is ur doorbell working?

Me got wall decal from taobao b4. got to pay thru western union cos they dont work with paypal
happy.gif
but delivery is quite fast since most sellers use EMS. how can I help, just give me the link...
happy.gif

rumi78

hahah the laundry and mattresses still hanging out in the open space and the reason the town council gave me is ' we are unable to find out who are these pple'.. and i would have just told them just be on standby every sat morning abt 9-10am.. should be able to see. i think everyday also got.....

shawn_

hi diana. thanks for your help. today will go western union..hopefully queue not too long...gonna have trouble writing in mandarin though...

oh my doorbell ahh its for show only..we never install at all...sobz..miss cookies to eat
sad.gif

shawn

ryanon123

you all notice the prize just now got a china lady manage to get 2 prize? how come she can get 2 one ... you know that day i overheard a stranger asked a person if he going to the event and if he can give them his lucky draw ticket. i think this china lady must be going around asking... ha ha

maybe next time organizer shd be smarter cos they nv noticed this china lady went up twice, and each household can only have 1 chance so they shouldn't give her again.

you see her when she go up the stage... so estatic and there is hush hush around the crowd why is her again...

rumi78

hmm didn't notice leh... if u notice why didnt the emcee on stage recognize her? anyway.. i think today i realise a lot of household here are china and indians...

diana, forgot to return you the tupperware container?! Are u pple going to bake CNY cookies?

alamak333

eh, i am thinking of baking some... we can try to organize a baking session again?
happy.gif
btw, did you guys bake cookies on New Year's day?

btw, are we having a CNY gathering?

rumi78

yah man.. anyone knows how to bake sugee cookies?

i like the cookies with peanuts inside. i think is called merkur or something..

yah let's have a house visiting cny gathering. go everyone house see who got the nicest deco..

hahaha i am still thinking if I should remove my xmas tree deco and replace it by cny deco like cut ang baos.. haha.. duno if is weird. or just totally keep my xmas tree for gd till next xmas...

shawn_

so sad...feel like welcoming party for them rather then singaporeans..

and they are *enterprising* enough to increase their chances to win...

so is it because they are too competitive or we have been complacent?

csy

xesthir..we did it for last year..just take off and replace with CNY stuff

than the Xmas tree stayed till mid of 2009 before we put it away

than i was too lazy to bring it out last Xmas.

i think should permanently keep it and store away le..so troublesome

alexter

Dear all,

Allow me to do a little clarification.
Normally HDB will do a party for the Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme residents to welcome them into the new estate, hence all residents were invited.
In conjunction with this party, the RC also did the grand opening of the centre, hence the scales was a little bigger.

As for the lucky draw, the tickets were from 2 different house units. She is a Singaporean, and her brother and parent each have a unit in this estate. Hence 3 lucky tickets. She was lucky that day! None of the RC members/volunteers unit was picked, so sad, I wanted the Wii set.

As for the best decorated home, all I can say is- I saw some of your deco photos, if any of you had submitted, you will be a winner.

Thank you all for joining in the welcome party and making it a successful one, I hope you guys had fun. Hope to see more participation for our future RC events.

P.S. I’m not pro FT.

rumi78

hmmm.. since she went up twice means 1 time she went up to collect on behalf of her bro/parents? I thought only take the prize only if the person is present. or that she managed to prove that her brother/parent was waiting down there while she help to go up stage.

alexter, didnt know u are chairman of rc leh. u full time is it or really a very enthu volunteer!

alexter

hehehe i took over as chairman this year.
We all RC members are volunteer, how i wish is full time (paid).

well she won then the 2nd was her mother, which took the NRIC up to collect on her behalf.
(pt taken, next time we will be more mindful of such things)

ryanon123

alexter, that day meng came and asked me to join rc, say the team too many middle aged and older members, and need more younger bloods ha ha ha

sorry that you didn't win wii. frankly RC members should deserved had 2x chance ... chairman shd have 3x chance. LOL

shawn_

Hi Alex

Actually I also signed up as RC member. But sad to sad due to work committments, I have yet to attend any meetings
sad.gif

However if need my help, feel free to msg me.

Shawn