Bali

zenith

hi all,

i'm going to bali beginning of Oct. has anyone taken lion air before? it's the cheapest of all airlines..need feedback.... thanks!
happy.gif

eoj

Hi Zen,
Me & my wife just came back from Bali. We took flight with Lion Air, so far we check with many flight, they are the cheapest. We had such a wonderful time in Bali with this company call "J&M travel", their office is in Bali. A friend of our recommanded them and sure enough, they are very professional and make us feel so relax on the holiday and I will not hesitate to introduce them to anyone planning to go Bali.

meymey

we had a holiday taken care by Joe & May travel in Bali, not sure if you talking the same 1. if yes, we agreed they'd given us the most memorable holiday ever. We had our outdoor (in Bali)wedding photo taking section arranged by them too. compare to back home, cheaper and best is the photographer is from Taiwan, very professional.......

meymey

we went to a few place. Tanah lot, very beautiful sunset, everything is like Gold. there is a place call Bedugul we also went to a rice terrace and we took some photo in a very busy place call kuta, everything is so original, never see this kind of wedding photo before in Singapore......worth the tireness....we have not even be able to decide which one to put as our room backdrop....they are all nice and bright and original.......

tingshen

interesting, wanna exchange photo or not? hehe....

We took in rice field, canggul beach which is black sands, and also beratan lake with the national reserved park.... :D

warrior_angel

Hi guys,

Plan to go Bali from Oct 20-27 via Lion Air, any suggested local tour?? hotel stay?? and things to do there? Pls advise.. TIA

d_ian

Hi Jessica,

Nice to know you...
Hotel to stay depends on your budget...if you want to standard budget and good services, you can try Harris Hotel.
Things to do there, you may try Marine Walker…
Marine walker is Walk under the sea of LEMBONGAN ISLAND !!!
You don't have to know how to swim or dive. You can breathe naturally and keep your make-up on. Because water dows not reach your head or face, you can even dive with your contact lenses, glasses, or sunglasses on ! Only 30 minutes from Sanur Beach heading to the white sandy Lembongan Island, with Bali Marine Walk private boat!!!
Let me know if you interested with this offer, I can give you good price ;)
You can email me: [email protected]

little_a

Hi all,

I'm going Bali in early Dec 08. 4D3N. Travelling by Lion Air. Departure is at 0630. Anyone travelled by Lion Air before? Any comments?

Below is my itinerary... is it too pack?

Day 1 - 8 Dec 08
- Kintamani Volcano and Batur Lake (between 10am - 3pm)
- Ubud for lunch at Bebek Bengil Restaurant
- Tegenungan waterfall (Is it possible to include the waterfall? Is it worth going?)

Day 2 - 9 Dec 08
- Tegalalang Rice Terrace
- Jati Luwih Rice Terrace
- Tanah Lot Temple for sunset
- Jimbaran Bay for Seafood dinner

Day 3 - 10 Dec 08
- Nusa Dua for water sport (Parasailing)
- Uluwatu Temple

hmm.. can someone advise which day to include white water rafting?

little_a

My new itinerary.... any comments? is it too packed?

Day 1 - 8 Dec 08
- Jimbaran Bay for Seafood dinner

Day 2 - 9 Dec 08
- Tegenungan waterfall .. (still prefer to see this waterfall..)

Day 3 - 10 Dec 08
- Nusa Dua for water sport (Parasailing)
- White water rafting
- Uluwatu Temple

warrior_angel

hihi,

who's yr tour guide? you can get advise fm yr tour guide.. my bali plan in early Nov'08 was more or less fix with Dewa.. Thanks to his advise.. will be there 6D5N.. my schedule is also very very pack..

Hope u can enjoy yrself..

btw, i'll also be travelling via Lion Air..
happy.gif

little_a

hi jessica,

my tour guide is dewa. i must say he is really patient and prompt in replying to my emails. emails have been going to and fro.. just to finalise the itinerary.

do let me know ur feedback on Lion air when u are back...

dewa_gede_merta

hello iyesha,
for your trip day 2 -9 dec, much better you go to gigit water fall than tegenungan waterfall,because on raining season you come to bali, tegenungan waterfall rather dirty the water not clean (brown colour)

warrior_angel

Hi all,

Lion Air is GOOD! Thumbs up. The taking off and landing is better than some other BRANDED airlines I've taken so far...

Food was so-so, service is normal. Some might dislike the timing (ETD SIN at 6.20am/ETA SIN at 3.00am) as it'll incur taxi mid-night charge.. But come to think, you'll enjoy full day when you reach Bali and also the full day before flying back home..
happy.gif

I'll go to Bali again and will travel via Lion Air if the price is good...
happy.gif

warrior_angel

I stay in diff hotels during my trip there.. One thing to note: You can ask for discount for the hotel. They'll give up to 30-40% off their published rates.

I'm in the mist to upload the pics to facebook..
happy.gif
but so busy w my bb.. might take a while
happy.gif

raspberriez05

Hi Lyesha! Im also plannin to go to bali for a small HM along the same week as u are!
happy.gif
but my dates are 5 dec - 8 dec. hope to share some of yr details
happy.gif

little_a

Hi Raspberriez,

Here's my itinerary..

Itinerary
Day 1 - 8 Dec 08
- Pick up from Airport

Day 2 - 9 Dec 08
- White water rafting (early morning)
- Tegenungan waterfall

Day 3 - 10 Dec 08
- Nusa Dua for water sport (Parasailing) - early morning
- Uluwatu Temple

raspberriez05

Hi Iyesha! Wow.. u're definatley gonna hav a fun packed trip! But are u goin thru a travel agent..? n which flight? I checked a few flights, but its all night flights. then 1 whole day will be wasted(the day that u check in). Hw did u manage to get such a gd itinery? n which travel agent are u using?

heartygal

wannna go bali for a short holiday in dec.. need to take a break from all the wedding preparations man.. but hubby is worried about december being a unsafe period to go there..

little_a

Hi raspberries, i booked the airtickets and accommodation ourselves. taking lion air. departs sin at 6am and back at 3am. Leavin on 8 Dec...

itinerary was planned thru numerous discussion with Dewa..

eoj

Hi Qarezma. We know of a travel agent in Bali that provides excellent arrangement for us. We also recommanded to our friends and they all highly commented on their service and the saving. If you interested I can pass you the contact

eoj

ok, I sent their contact to you and also a honeymoon package that one of my very good friend booked with them. As my friend was saying that it was the best holiday they had in life, maybe you want to check it out.

blue_skies

P.s. If you are going to Bali, do check out the art galleries in Ubud. Paintings there are a lot cheaper than in Singapore, and quite nice too. I bought a huge oil on canvas painting for abt USD90 for my new home. It measured larger than an A0 poster and had 9 koi in a pond. I would love to go back there to buy more paintings next time
happy.gif

onehappybride

Hi,

May i know if it is the Guide whom arrange for the white water rafting or you guys arrange it your self?

I will be going to Bali for 6 days in April and need some advice here

eoj

Hi Onehappybride,
I can recommand you one local agent in Bali that can do a whole package for you....let me know, I send you their contacts....already many pp here went with them and commented excellent service and good saving

came back from bali for my honeymoon, was in bali from 05 jan to 09 jan...
Dewa was my guide and he brought us(me n my hubby) to many different places to experice their culture and life... we managed to eat their local food, buy from their local market, visit their rice planatations go to their tourist attractions... Dewa was nice... what was not worth buying he will tell us, and his charges are pretty reasonable... for 2.5 days, he charged us for abt SG$160

anyone who need his contacts, pm me..
happy.gif

eoj

2 and half days for S$160, just driving and bring you around in Bali is a bit high. The agent who arranged for us with their highly trusted driver and guide charged about the same for 5 days services. We even had the famous sop betutu (really large bowl) and nasi campur for less than S$3. The fruit juices there is really solid and cheap. Especially the avocado juice & sour sop juice. Can never get in Singapore

eoj

Bali is a nice place, me & wife been there three times already, we get to know where to eat, enjoy & where to save. We alway use the same agent and their service, coz they never overcharge us and best they alway advice us and even help us to bargain. I never hesitate to recommand them. An Indian friend of mine once quoted to me after their holiday with this agent "This was the BEST holiday they ever had, and the people (agent) made us feel like they are part of our family"

meyemy

We must have went with the same agent. We bought a package with them........ I remember the break down for the private car and driver for 5 days was about US$120...abt S$160, our driver brought us to a place where it was pack with locals and the agent even help us to reserve the ox's tail soup.......my hubby call this place C&G (cheap & good). Yes we tried the juices, really good, can really taste the fruits. Yummy..

eoj

must be the same one. sounded like one of my friends'trip with them. They asked the agent for package that put them in a villa with a private pool, somewhere in Semiyak. My friends very Singaporean, went with 1 bag, came back with 5 big bags.....and many prd-dvd.......hahaha. They also talk about the ox's tail soup & the solid avocado. Me & my wife eat there everytime we visit Bali

onehappybride

Hi Dewwarte & Oej,

Do let me have the contacts please... I am having a headache planning for 7 of us..

I have already book the Villa and will need a guide to bring us around.

If possible, can you email me at [email protected].

Thanks..

eoj

Hi Onehappybride,
I had forward your request to the agent in Bali, I think he will email to you.....enjoy your holiday, let them handle everything for you, don't go headache on this planning.Ï'm very sure you are in good hands.....

winnieong

Wishing everyone a Happy CNY. Just came back from Bali with my hubby. it was not just our honeymoon, but I guess it's the best holiday ever. Thanks a lot to eoj's recommandation. We had such a good time. Thanks a million, eoj. BTW, anyone planning to go Bali, ask eoj for contact. The agent did everything for us and I'm glad we took their advice. or you can send to the front name that I added before my user name. @hotmail.com
919282.jpg

eoj

Hi Marine & Denise, I had forwarded your emails to them, you should be hearing from them soon. Hope you guys enjoy your holiday.

eoj

haha, maybe. but I promise to pass their contacts to my friends, I alway speak for the good one, and they are good, don't you agreed?

meyemy

Hi everyone, I second what eoj said. I enjoyed their sevices, I missed the oxtail's soup and the avocado juice