Aromatherapy

lynn

Hi Clover leaf,

The oil residue can be remove by using essential oil, eg lemon.. alternatively carrier oil can also be used to rub it away...

Actually, both method uses heat to disperse the aroma, the diffused area will be comparatively smaller... Heat may also cause some loss to the aroma and the healing effect as oil evaporate faster.

If you want to use a non heat method to do it, such as Fan diffuser or Nebulizer Diffuser which can be quite expensive but can still be obtain in Singapore.

Hi Beginner,

Oil must be in sufficient water as heat can be quite high for burner and you won't want the burner to crack. As for vaporiser, heat is lower then burner, don't need to use water and scent should still last for the same amount of time. I don't know the price for ioniser, but for vaporiser, it is $60.

cynthia

Hello...

Just want to ask this: Grapefruit fragrance not very strong hor... Was using my vapouriser to vapourise it, but can hardly smell the fragrance
sad.gif
not even when the windows are closed... dunno why... First tried the vapouriser using Lemongrass... the smell is strong and even lingering... Anyone knows why??

Saw Black Pepper in Robinsons the other day. Smelled the tester. Hee hee... really smell like black pepper crab, black pepper beef...

Lynn, is it neccessary to keep EOs in wooden boxes? Can I just keep inside a cardboard box then put inside my drawer? Also away from sunlight mah....

Cynthia

ssl

Hi CLoVeR LeaF (dory)

According to the salesman there, he told me that the residue is caused by citrus essential oil (lemon, grapefruit, etc.) and as explained by Lynn, it can be wiped away. U can use a damp cotton bud (pls remember to off the vaporiser first).

Yes it doesnt require water and it diffuses the oil and allows us to enjoy its theraputic effects. Burners requires tealights (candles) whereas vaporiser doesnt require any candle, just plug into electric point and wha lah!!! u can enjoy liao. Probably its safer comparing to the burner cos u have to see if the water is running low and there's naked flame.

Hi Cynthia

I would think that Lemongrass has a stronger smell than grapefruit thats why u cant really smell it. Thw guy at Health Planet told me that the smell can last 4 hrs but human nose already get used to the particular smell in 2hrs and hence wont be able to "smell" it even thought the scent is still here. How many drops did u put??

Did u wait till the vaporiser is heated up before u drip the oil into the dish?? Hmmm, if still no smell if u have done this, is the oil too long?? maybe try other smell like lavender and see how is it. dont use an ess oil thats too strong to compare.

Actually i saw wooden boxes in Health Planet too so was telling my hubby that maybe i should buy cos read that we should put in wooden boxes. But didnt when i saw the price $54+. Can put 15 bottles.

ssl

Sorry side track abit.

can we wear perfume when we are wearing our gown?? not sure if can spray on the gown or not wait kena stain??

Pls advise

thks

lynn

Cynthia,

As long as it is cool dark place can already since we are all on wedding budget.. the book never said enclosed area mah... don't worry lah.. maybe you r grapefruit has been around for too long like what SSL have said ??

SSL,
My friends actually put the perfume on cotton balls and stuff them in the bustier...maybe you can try out ??

cynthia

Dunno leh... I actually bought another bottle of grapefruit from Robinsons. Can smell better but still faint. So... supposed it's like dat loh.

btw, I din get glycerine from Artfriend Craft, coz couldn't find any when i was there. Bought from Spotlight instead - 500 gm of crystal clear and 500gm of milky. So... you girls, please dun buy extra, dun think i will be able to finish 1 kg of glycerine by myself.

cynthia

lynn

Opps, I also bought 500gm of crytal clear, :p. I didn't buy the set, just the moulds and glycerine. Forgot to buy dye. For frangrance, can used EO ??

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">lynn</FONT>
aiyo lynn, dun buy dye liao lah... now we hv a few liao leh... think cynthia bought a few, i oso got violet leh. bought the seashell set.

i think i'll get moulds instead.

lynn

Hi gals,

Then I kapo a little from you gals, can ??

I have successfully cancelled the order for vaporisers but I can't contact Trihok and Cool about this though..How to tell them har ?

clover

Hi gals,

Thanks for the info. Hehee, in the end I went back to get one. So glad that the one that I've been eyeing on is still there.

CLoVeR Leaf

ssl

Hi cynthia

Hmmm... maybe i will give it a try and let u know. but my vaporiser at my new house so have to wait sometime before i go there to try ok.

WHA then u can make a BIG BIG soap to last u for a long long time. heehee.. it's ok, if sucessful to learn how to make on wed, i dont mind buying some glycerine from u.
happy.gif
share share mah. remember to calculate the costs ok.

Oh yes, i think the amazon.com book is here. cos today my parents not in and postman left a collection note on my door step. so my dad will collect for me tomorrow. if confirmed then i bring to your house on wed lah.

If i remember, I will also bring my ess oil collection incase u ladies want to use any lah.

Hi CLoVeR Leaf

Which one did u get?? I got the lavender one

cynthia

Hi all.

For those who are interested in ioniser, Neucor is having a sale on its calming set, consisting of one ioniser and one bottle of 10ml essential oil (Geranium or Lavender).

<CENTER> WhereHealthBegins</CENTER>
<CENTER>
4789.jpg
</CENTER>
<CENTER>Usual S$151.55
<FONT COLOR="ff0000">Now S$76.69</FONT>
</CENTER>
According to the website, you will need to place the ioniser on a flat surface, avoiding corners and obstruction. And that one of the effects of ionisers is that it can leaves stains on nearby walls and surfaces as it attracts dust that would otherwise be inhaled. I supposed that's how they clean the air we breathe in loh...

cynthia

cynthia

So quiet... here's something to perk things up
happy.gif

Got this off May issue of Lifestyle magazine.

<FONT COLOR="119911">HERITAGE 21</FONT>
Sign your mother up for an Aromatherapy Workshop conducted by a qualified aromatherapist. She'll learn about beneficial properties of essential oils and how to use them to make first-aid and skincare at home. The bonus: She'll be able to blend potions for the whole family.

$5 per participant inclusive of a bottle of a massage blend worth $28
Class dates: May 18 (Sat) &amp; 25 (Sat) 2002, 11am - 1pm
Closing date: 11 May
Call 6741-8558 to register

cynthia

Another treat. Anyone interested in going?

HAY'S FORMULA
Hay's Footy Spa uses hydrothermal therapy and natural herbal lotion. As points in teh soles relate to every part of the body, massaging the feet can help clear blockages, beef up immune systems and aid digestion. Good for people who like foot massages but are afraid of pain, and for the ones who want a quick pick-me-up without undressing - takes barely 30 minutes. Especially helpful if you have cold feet.

Hay's Formula Pte Ltd is at Far East Plaza, #04-73. Tel: 6734-3033.

ssl

Hi cynthia

heehee. ya very quiet hor.

hmmmm... only mother can join the first one ar? i'm afraid of ticklish leh. but hubby LOVE foot massage. how much is it??

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">harlo..</FONT>

the foot massage one i keen leh, but not the Heritage 21 one lah... lemme noe ok?!

cynthia

Hi SSL, need not worry about ticklish. Coz the massage is done by water jets. There's a picture in the magazine and it looks something like a jacuzzi.

ssl

Hi cynthia

oooohhhhhhh........ water jets. hmm.....
sure hor, dont bluff me okie.
maybe can give a try after my photoshoot.

do u know how long one session last? maybe can go together with Angelia too. heehee (the soap gang)

cynthia

Hi SSL, it's only 30 mins according to their writeups. Normaly price is $30. But only $25 in May.

btw, allow me to ask one stupid question. When I use burner to heat the EO, do I just drop the EO onto the water or I need to mix it into the water?

wink.gif
cynthia

cynthia

Err.. clarifications.

it's only jacuzzi for your feet, not the entire body.. Hee hee... in case anyone misunderstood =P

lynn

Hi Cynthia,

If you use burner, those with tealight candles, then you need to fill the bowl with water, then drip the EO in. No need to mix it into the water.

ssl

Hi Cynthia

when do u intend to jacuzzi your feet?? told my hubby about it too and he say can go and try. heehee. But it sounded like when u are doing pedicure and they also put your feet into this "vibrating" machine. :p

For me, i do swirl the water abit after adding the eo into the burner water. But lynn mentioned no need so i guess u also can do without it.
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">the soap gang</FONT>
ya ya, i oso wanna go... hubby won't be ard for 3 wks, so i no need to fear no one keep him company if i go out, hehehe...
biggrin.gif

4905.gif

ssl

hi cynthia &amp; angelia

I'm thinking of week of 20th May onwards. What do u gals think leh?? can they do 3 at one go??

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">SSL</FONT>
1 fren ROMing on 23 May, hubby coming back 24 May, 25-27 May we'll be in Seremban, my BIL's wedding..

cynthia

SSL, Angelia
Think I'm giving this a miss
sad.gif
dun think I'll have the mood to go for this before my wedding date
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

ssl

hi cynthia

is everything ok?? u sounded
sad.gif

hi angelia,

i'm fine if u are fine to go ahead. u let me know lah. (btw, not a must to go lah)

ssl

Hi

wha this thread sounded and looks so quiet har.

how's everyone??

oi lynn,

where are u? disappear after the soaping making episode ar???

cynthia

got one question to ask u.

Can i shred the glycerine and leave it in a box then when i got mood then i melt it and make the soap??

so from our experience, we can deduce that clear ones are better than opaque ones hor??

aiya, i still cant find the glass spritz bottle myself. jessica is helping me to check how much and order for me.

WHat's everyone busy with now??

me now at the stage of deciding my wedding card printers. asking hubby to plan the songs. heehee. is 4pcs enough??

ssl

Anyone tried jessica's incense sticks? not those 3 for $10 ones but those in the basket. 4 for $10?? cant remember liao.

care to share?

lynn

Hi SSL, Cynthia and Angelia,

No lah, I was very busy with my home work and I have some problem with accessing the internet after changing password in my office account. Don't worry, I won't just disappear like this.

I have start using the 'mao mao' soap that we made.. hubby and sis commented that it seems too soap... quite drying also.

cynthia

Hi SSL,

Think should be okay to shred it in advance. Lynn says it's too drying. Me feel the same too. You may want to add in some moisturising lotion. As long as it's fragrant-less, you can use it.

The opaque ones formed less bubbles. But the clear ones makes better-looking soaps. Did I get it right?

:) cynthia

lynn

Hi Cynthia,

You got it right... my opaque soap change from 'furry looking' to 'chicken pox looking'.. how about your's ??

Add lotion ?? how to ? Can add cocoa butter ?? I got some at home, don't know what to do with it ..

ssl

hi lynn &amp; cynthia

Eeee...... yucks!!! from maomao to chicken pox!!!. mine still ok looking. still remained maomao cos i still put them inside the zip bag!

I prefer more bubbles to maomao final output. heehee. so probably i will buy clear ones to try again.

Cynthia, can add moisturiser meh?? will it be "chemically changed"??? i dont have those without fragrance one leh. can use nivea one?? i have it. heehee. or maybe i can use the amore oily one hor. cos i dun want to use it on my face liao throw away pity cos they got a faint smell lor.

ei lynn, did u say the vshop that we wanted to order the ess oil also got glycerine?? then u ladies want to order and give it a try??

lynn

Ok, that explains why.... I left it exposed outside. hehehe...I don't mind getting some glycerine though...

Actually I saw alot of M&amp;P recipes...they add sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, shea butter, cocoa butter.. maybe this can help to reduced the drying effect ??

cynthia

hello... u girls go ahead to get the glycerine. Me decided to wean off handmade soap for a while
happy.gif
Saw this in the supermarket:

Organics Value Pack Offer<UL><LI><FONT COLOR="119911">Shampoo with Essential Oil</FONT> <LI><FONT COLOR="ff6000">FREE EO burner</FONT> <LI><FONT COLOR="0000ff">conditioner</FONT></LI>[/list]<FONT COLOR="ff0000">Offer price $13.70</FONT>
Normal price: $15.20

ssl

hi cynthia

is the burner nice? heehee. i'm still using the one i bought from jessica by dermalogica so wont be buying the organics one as yet.

Lynn,

Would u want to buy the glycerine? if not, then i also dont want. not at the moment. unless u want then i can chip in.
happy.gif

ssl

aiyor,

cynthia &amp; lynn,

our aromatherapy thread "died" heehee. (no posting lately)

okie let me made it abit alive by asking one question, sort of related to aromatheraphy.

U gals know that when we are doing facial or yoga pattern exercises, we will listen to some sort of "aroma" music. soothing, enchanting, etc.

Any of u listening to those CD or have any to recommend??

I'm considering to play one piece during my wedding, be it during the whole event or pre-dinner reception or march in?? (just an idea)

heehee

Hubby bought this CD that comes with an ess oil and an ess oil balm from Lavender and he say ok. i didnt get to listen to it yet cos he took it home.

lululululu. tot i saw something of the similar type in Jessica's place?? any idea?

cynthia

Hi SSL,

Not "dead" yet lah... Resting only, for "walking a longer distance"...hEE hEE...

Hahaha... u want all your guests to fall asleep ah??? Think lots of places sell these types of CD. I din own one, nearly did... coz very tempted to buy leh... Now, I use Kevin Kern music (the MRT music) and Charlotte Church's Enchantment CD when doing yoga at home. I think as long as it's soothing, should be able to get people to relax... btw, me using the 2 CD during my dinner too ;) I heard this Korean CD before in one of the aerobics class, during relaxation time. Very nice songs too... wanted to get that but have no time to actively look for it ah...

happy.gif
cynthia

lynn

HI SSL,

I very busy mah... can't be help if I MIA for some time...

Sorry, don't have much to recommend cos I didn't listen to soothing music for quite some time... The latest that I bought was the best of David Fosters...the song that has Nat King Cole and his daughter is fantastic..

BTW, I saw your spritz bottle at Jess's place last nite!!

ssl

ahhhh.... lynn
thks for the "news" on my bottles. but she didnt tell me leh. it maybe for her private session usage cos she told me she does hold private session with companies on aromatherapy stuff.

yeh yeh yeh

i's thinking of one song by Mark Anthony called "I need You" but waiting for hubby's approval. heehee

ssl

haaa.....
so did she say how much is it?? got diff size hor??

goodie goodie, so i can start spritzing liao. yeh yeh yeh. oh but must buy distilled water hor, can i be economical and use tap water? what cons will there be? cant last long??

lynn

Watson also have... tap water have bacteria, so please don't save that $2..I think it comes in one size only. Either 50 ml or 100 ml... not too sure.