Any Clubbers Out There?

lilacz

Hey Michell, glad u had a great time!Never been to chijmes for some time...so i din even know of Insomnia.What kind of music does the live band plays?What kind of crowd there?Have cover charge?Think will go try next time.

maya

Hi, was a bit hesitant to join in bec am considered a real lau hiao already and I'm more into disco/retro dancing. Clubbing for me is not just drinking, but lots of dancing!! But not really into zouk typr of music.

Sigh! Lots of my married pals out of the scene already and sometimes want to find company who will let hair down (i.e. wild on the dance flr) very diffc nowadays.....

michell79

morning ladies~~

lilacz, thanks!
happy.gif
u knw tis band call Linkin Prk?
or evanscene? insomnia usually play their songs after 12am. b4 tat, normally is Top 20 hits songs & retro. quite like e environment ter.. bt 1 thing nt gd is e drinks ter quite exp..
sad.gif

ter's no cover charge wif effect frm 1st jan 04.
previously yes. when wanna go ter? :p

hi maya! welcome~~ which disco/pub/bar u like 2 club?
happy.gif

maya

have not done much lately (getting old lah and these places seem to be for the VERY young). Last place I went was dblO actually. Someone told me the place in Marriott (what's the name?) is good. any comments?

crayonshinchan

hahhaa.. was waiting for some1 to mention dblO before i barge in.. errr... my hubby and i frequent dblO and almost to the pt of every weekend.. cheap thrills la...

female

why everybody so shy, scared to "barge in"?
happy.gif
welcome, maya & crayonshin. i'd loosely define clubbers as anyone who still enjoy a night out in dark places and pounding music so loud, you cant hear yourself think. except that in this thead, we're all married and mostly "lao hiaos/lao gors". kekekee.

so, did anyone drink too much & dance on platform/bar-top last weekend?

I realise I dont like live bands, so Insomia is out, tho i do like Linkin Park & Evanescene. The one in Marriot - shit, cant rem the name oso. Basement rite? Been there a couple of times, its an older crowd, and Douglas O heads the live band there. Not bad. I observe that there're a lot more men than women in there. Good if you want attention!

The entire Mohd Sultan stretch is super-young, man. I rem dbl0 serves proper strong drinks on ladies night. is it true that drinks are dirt-cheap on fridays?

btw, i like to drink until a bit high before going in to dance-floor. wah, so fun!! anyone like me??

lilacz

Hey!Glad to see so many responses!Welcome Maya and Crayon (can i call u that?:p)!Hey feel free to join us anytime to share your clubbing experiences or recommend any nice places.How abt an intro from Maya and Crayon?Maya, dont be shy, theres no age limit for clubbing right!Im going to be still clubbing as long as the club doesnt reject me.
happy.gif

Hmm..i do like Linkin Park and Evanescene, but i dont like expensive drinks!Like Female, my friends and i like to get abit high then hit for the dance floor, and my friends can really drink,so we need alot.Thats y we always end up in zouk for the one for one and recently been to a pub in MS, which serve really cheap drinks.The one below dbl O, isit O bar?Cant rem the name...

michell79

dlb o..hmm..e drinks ter very cheap. although on weekends
happy.gif
previuosly always went ter wif colleagues. bt e queue super scary! very very long queue & pack.. its true, their drinks compare wif other clubs.. still e cheapest! :p

christmas

Marriot basement is Bar None isn't it?

Then one below dblO is actually called BAR although it has a circle around the BAR everyone thinks it's read as 'O' haha.

Actually I also like Brix.

miaows

The club in Marriot is Bar None. The band is pretty good and very friendly too. Celebrated a friend's Bday there. We wanted to dedicate a song, the band actually introduced her and invited her on stage to say something.

female

exactly how cheap is cheap, for dlb o? Whats the price of a standard housepour? Is there an entrance cover charge? My regular gp of friends dont go there, but sometimes, other friend's birthdays then go. Tell me abt the queue man, scary! Maybe thats why I still go zouk - no need to queue, no cover charge. Plus the one-for-one whole nite at WineBar.

I have another gp of chill-out only friends who drink at 18/19 on Ann Siang Hill. At $19 per jug, that, is reallly cheap huh.

shirleybride, i cant help you - i havent gone ladies nite for a long long time. other chiongsters?

maya

Yes, Bar None! Heard a bit abt it, will want to go there one day. That's rite, it's for the older crowd
sad.gif
but I heard too dance flr damn small. One thing abt these places is that dance flr so small and you're so crushed inside! Me and galfriend like lots of space (to whack people abt
happy.gif
) so no fun when some young punk jump abt or some ah lian's hair hits you....
I'm very bad with names. But I remember there was this pretty big place along Mohd Sultan, Robertson Quay, again dance flr small but everywhere else quite spacious, got pool table, lots of sofa seats.....

female

yes, Bar None's dancefloor is amazingly crowded. quite a lot of ang mohs oso. ahahhhaaa...young punk? ah lian's hair? yah man, bloody irritating. i also like space. what about those beefcake sorts that wear white singlets & rub their sweat on you? eeeeeek!!

crayonshinchan

hhee..i am oso around ur age lor.. 27 this yr..old oredi but still clubbing.. most of the time i go dblO with my ah lao... else, its owas my frens... and guess wat.. my frens are all like in their early 20s.. sianz man!! i am owas the oldest among them... last time i do more club hopping.. but nowadays.. i just stay put at one plc.. maybe once in a while go mdm wong or newsroom and zouk...

i like trance and retro but kinda hate house music lor.. but once i am intoxicated, anything will sound good.. hahahaa...

hehee female, i don really fancy live band too!! cannot appreciate leh.. but my fren is crazy over douglas O...

and ya lilacz.. sure crayon is shorter .... easier...

demio

hi ladies,

wonder why no one mentioned embassy and centro? tot those r the places for "more mature" ladies! ha..

lilacz

Isnt Embassy quite quiet nowadays?
Hi Demio, we did mentioned Centro, but most of us dont like that place.hehe.I find the music there gd, crowd ok, but i dont like the setting inside.All must squeeze to that "happening side" to know whats going on.I saw Zoe Tay's hubby there once after he just got married.

I also heard alot of anh mohs at Bar None, sorta a pick up place for them, thats y im not really interested to try that place.

Female, u're a member at zouk?

sharetoo

Female, saw your wedding photos! Hey you look really good! Love your wedding settings too.. so romantic!! But no, I don't think I've ever seen you at zouk before...

lilacz

Yah i was always being mistaken as the other "lilac" when i post in some forum.Even female mixed us up.hehe.

Being picked up by ang mohs is the last thing that crossed my mind.
lol.gif
i just dont like this kind of scene lor.Plus the fact that i dun really like ang moh.Think they feel too high and mighty of themselves, like all the asian girls r throwing themselves at them.Urgh!Sorrie if i have offended anyone, just a personal opinion for some of the black sheep angmohs i have seen...
uhoh.gif

demio

yup yup... bar none, brix and liquid room are famous pick up joints for ang mohs.... can see really typical SPGs there.... well, of cos not all gals there are SPGs tho..

is embassy dead? nvr been there b4... but heard itz quite a happenin place leh..

skylar

Hey Hi to all,
surprise to come across this thread for clubbers! Cool! so hows everyone doing lately??

Guess mostly girls like to club seperately with our girlfriends rather than hub, but with hub is quite fun too at times!

Did anyone went to Zouk - Escada party yesterday? Hippy! :)

skylar

Hi Lilacz

Well, Zouk is always fun hehehee..... did enjoy myself there & boy was it crowded!

So wat abt the rest? any more clubbing going on? how about u lilacz? any fun stuff to share ?

missylan

41930.gif

I clubbed alone, my husband will send me to and fro.... He dun like clubbing, so often go with my still single khakis

lilacz

Hi skylar, so may i ask how old r u?R u married?I will usually go zouk every fri, but am abroad now.I esp love gatecrasher's events, planning to go see the real gatecrasher this May!Csnt wait!

Hi missylan, so your hubby is ok with you clubbing?U club weekly?I prefer that my hubby goes clubbing too when i do, if not whole night feels bad and will end up going home earlier.

michell79

hi gals!

quite long never get touch in tis thread. hmm...juz went 2 Insomnia last fri wif whole gangs of colleagues. FUN! :p realli like their band. Anyone ter know which pub/bar still have live band show? bt only play alternatives kind of music.. pls adv!

christmas

hi everyone,

btw brix has a really fabulous band EarthBeat who are here till 29 feb. do check it out if u dun mind the expat/spg crowd
happy.gif

skylar

Hi Lilacz
well, yes, i am married! hehehe... i'm 29 this yr, wat about u? so ur overseas now? coming back soon?

Missylan,
its nice that ur hub do the driver task of sending u to & fro, thats nice!

Isomnia is fun yes!! esp, wed nite when its ladies nite, way cool! Great band!

Will check out brix, christmas! but guess the band would be gone by now.... =P

skylar

hahahhaa....
here we meet again ya Adeline!

ya lor, SG so small, wat else is there to do, me quite long nv go club liao, coz busy with wedding preparations lor, wat abt u?

ade75

Hmmm ... me seldom go too. Me go 5 10 per year.
I can't drink mah ... stand there like pillar.

Mayb outing go cheonging? Ha.

Hey, are you planning for Hen's nite?

skylar

hi Adeline,
ohhh like dat ah? hehehe... me used to go very frequent last time, almost every week ah!! but now lessen alot lor, coz wait if i sleep late late then my face very haggard leh,... not mei mei liao.. hehehe....

my frds have plan for Hen nite, but not too sure what are they up to lor, u leh?

we outing go cheonging ah? hahaha.... can no probs but got to see the rest leh... wait we so many girls very catching attention leh, wait got many yan daos come & befriend us ah.... hahahaa..

ade75

Hi Skylar,

So when pub you frequent? Did you cheong with hubby? The last round I went to Devil's bar with my gfs ... drank abit too much and felt aweful .... vomited. Yucks. Hahahaha

I told my frens I dun wan Hen's nite ... wait kena sabo ... hahahaha

Gd wa, got yan dao guy to sian1 b4 married. Hahhaa

lilacz

Hi skylar,

Sorry din manage to read your reply in March!!!This thread has been dead for quite long huh.U ROM already, yet to hold wedding banquet?Thus having hen's night?Its gona be great fun!Trust me!Just make sure u eat before clubbing, u know whats gona come your way...hehehe

peeper

adeline.. no lah.. i'm pullng skylar's legs lah... she has the looks to attract.. i believe.. hehehe...

i'm going wif colleagues.. wana come? hehehe.... anyone can join lah..
biggrin.gif
i mean u n skylar n the usual gals.. eheheh....

skylar

hhahaa... No-time,
ya lor, me ugly leh, who knows maybe u all kena sian by yan daos liao then all go dancing, left me to take care & look after all your bags lor... hehehehe....
113741.gif

Hi Liliaz,
yap, me yet to hold my wedding yet..... so not too sure about it yet, true but cannot eat too full leh,,, wait throw up lor. hahha.. so how's life with u so far? Still go clubbing??

Adeline,
me not rabbit, me the dragon lah... hehehehe.... Fri is fine with me, Onz..... u all leh?

ade75

Skylar,

Wa, you younger than me leh!! Got to call me jie2 liao.... hahahahaaha
Normally I dun bring bags to cheong if I come straight fm home.

No-time is going to Newsroom tis Fri leh ... u ok?

skylar

Adeline Jie Jie!!!

hahahhaa..... eh, like dat u sound very old leh... No-time gg Newsroom ah? with her frds izzit? u gg also??

ade75

Skylar mei mei,

Think no-time going with colleagues.
Wan to join them or we go on 30 July instead?
The venues u suggested happening anot? Can dance?

skylar

Adeline Jie Jie,
u wanna dance ah? but the rest of Sept one like dun wanna dance leh, they wanna sit & talk talk talk one leh.... so how? better check with them lor, see wat they want to do ya!