Amara Singapore

reismion

hi happy

for the lcd projector & day room, u shld talk to ur coordinator. usually the lcd projector's fees can b waived.
happy.gif

cheers!

yukie

Tis is a bad bad bad hotel. My col's frend went down to make payment for the banquet n the co-or jus told them that they hv gave their dates to another couple cos they hv more tables n oso b'cos the co-or serving the other couple can get more commission!!!
angry.gif
n the other couple was in the same lobby as them looking at them like ' de yi yang yang'!!! It was so nice of my col's frend not to make any noise. If it were me, i would hv tear the whole place down!

happybeingmi

Thanks Reismion, I tried to get the projector to be waived but cant since I'm getting additional bridal suite stay. maybe wait until i can confirm 30 tables, maybe more bargaining power.

Anybody here can advise on the theme to choose? i wonder which backdrop is nicer, the romance or grandeur theme? Cant really tell from the photos.

blessedger

Hi Yukie, I think it is really unethical of them to do that. I mean this is really disappointing and unfair to the couple! We have decided to sign up with them for the ROM package, waiting for the contract to be signed. I hope my coordinator dun come back and tell me the date has been taken.
sad.gif

reismion

happybeingmi:

ya, u shld bargain later. when u r asked to confirm the table count. can ask for waiver of rental for the projector 1 leh.
happy.gif

used the romance theme for our wedding. highly recommended.
happy.gif

yukie:

OMG. how come so like tat? who's the coordinator by the way? so unethical!!!!

happybeingmi

Thanks reismion,
I like the romance theme. thinking of matching it with grandeur tablecloths as I do not know if the colour of the romance VIP table is too overwhelming.
getting worried abt wedding prep.. only few months left and yet to finish my AD prog,scripts and songs selection etc

yukie

the co-or name start wif P.... anyway, subj htl co-or/sales r mostly quite fake in their sincerity... u can feel it obviously...

klybtb

Hi my coordinator is also her. tried to arrange for viewing on grandeur theme setup but no reply from her yet. any ex-btb here which has the pics on grandeur theme? can email me for reference? my email [email protected].

tks in advance!

reismion

happy,

i dun think the color is an issue. u can get ur coordinate to do a test run by showing u the matching b4 u confirm. still got time. dun worry.
happy.gif

0212bride

I took the Amara ROM package (ROM was in Dec 06) and I'll be holding my wedding dinner there in Dec 07.

Coordinator is Patricia. Who's more senior? Patricia or Michelle? Initially only wanted to take the ROM package but I kaypoh asked Pat abt the banquet package. Found it ok so me and FH signed up for the banquet at the wedding show in Sep.

I had a happy ROM ceremony and everything went smoothly. The only (not so noticeable) hiccup was the hotel florist gave me ALL red rose petals when i had chosen a pink floral theme! I dare to say they were trying to economise cos I ltr saw the evening ROM and banquet couples used red roses. Luckily I brot lots of pink petals so I used my own stuffs instd.

Anyway I hv decided to take greater measures to ensure tt the same thing do not happen to my banquet theme. No pt getting angry only after seeing unacceptable deco rite, by then it will b too late. It was much ltr after we signed for the banquet tt Patricia told me the actual settings might not look exactly the same as during the wedding show, "depending on which florist is doing up the theme". I noticed variations of the same theme in the photos too. Seem to suggest tt we hv to depend on heng suay. Is this the norm (for themes) at other htls too?

Overall the package is competively priced n suits our budget. And glad to read comments here tt the food is good. Any brides holding ur banquet end of 2007? Maybe we can share notes on our packages/perks/themes.. basically preparation experiences :p

jenopc

Hi Latte

mine's in Sept, just a few months before yrs.. so i cud keep u updated on my experiences.. =)

rite now, i dun tink there's any ting to do except for sourcing and researching.. like.. im now sourcing for balloon ppl.. coz im tinkg of filling up the place wif silver-pearl clr balloons in the ballroom... and since we can hv the reception to ourselves, i wana hang some weights on some the balloons (so tat it hangs in mid air) and leave them all over in the recept area.. i'd like to c both kids and adults playg wif it while waitg for dinner to start..

onli ting is, i wana find out if hotel lets me do tat.. haaa.. so, sugg to u tat u brainstorm wif yr FH, if u hv any special themes.. if so, can hotel accomodate?

0212bride

Hi jenopc (is this hw I shld address u here? *paiseh*)

Looking fwd to ur updates on ur experiences then.. the food tasting, choosing of themes n of cos AD dinner event! Hw many tbls r u having?
happy.gif

I rembr on my ROM day (02 Dec), i kpoh went down to c the wedding dinner theme (tt's hw i discovered the red roses thingy). Saw tt the wedding dinner couple used the same BS as me.. haha.. coincidences aplenty...

The hotel shld b able to accomodate ur deco so long as its not fixed (eg nailed) onto their fittings. I was told we can only be sure whether we can hv the whole reception area nearer to the AD. Cos if the other function rooms r occupied then our recep area becomes smaller. I'm hoping to hv the whole recep area too!
happy.gif

happybeingmi

Hi,
Anyone has the photos of the AD dinner to share with me? Need to select the theme and flower choices very soon. Hard to decide between grandeur and romance deco theme from the photo album shown to me during food tasting. I like the grandeur backdrop but dont like the flower stand. Romance backdrop from the photo doesnt look as nice but flower stands along the aisle are lovely.Any advices, i guess i cant make up my mind..
Pat mentioned that there are two florists, may I know which one is a more reliable and accomodating florist to choose? Are balloons deco very ex?
My email is [email protected]

Thanks!

klybtb

happy, i went to see grandeur theme just now. is pretty nice done up. may i check will there be different flower stand for different themes? i tot they are using same flower stands.

jenopc

Hi Latte.. jenopc is ok.. if u wana draw my big-small eyes also can (o_O) keke..

anyway.. we're not sure of the no of tables yet wor.. but we'll try to keep it within the ballroom size. they hv an extension if we want to rite? but we will avoid cos they will open up the small area and become 'L' shape.. heard from frens tat ppl sitting there are like 'outcasted'..

abt the balloon tingy, well.. maybe dropping the idea. coz we wanted a 'under the stars' theme, so tat i can hang some stars on the ribbons.. but den.. my FH changed his mind cos some ppl are scared of balloons. tat'll make them uncomfortable during the whole dinner.

which means... i hv to re-brainstorm again! argh! not much time left leh..

Happy, i saw a party balloon supplier tat quoted around $1.40 for pearl clr ones.. got package also. they 'bao' delivery, setting up and helium it up.

happybeingmi

Hi klybtb,
I heard from Pat that we can request for different types of flowers for the flower stands. Probably i shall take a look at the real wedding setup to finalize the choice. Different theme has different flower stand to match the backdrop.The romance flower stand is very nice from the album i saw during food tasting but the backdrop not really that's why makes me hard to decide on the theme.

klybtb

happy, they are going to change backdrop for each theme so should be nicer, i hope. i din really notice on the flower stand though but think should be what u mentioned.

u can arrange with Patricia to view the actual theme again so help u make a decision faster.

elisasutiono

Dear all,

I am interested to hold my banquet @ Hilton. My wedding would be in April 2008. Would appreciate if anyone can share their package or picture ;P I am selecting between Hilton, MM and Raffles Town Club.

klybtb

reismion, do u mean they are having new decor for all themes? can u also email me ur other setups, like VIP table & recep area, etc?

may i check how many tables did you have & did u use one or two projectors?

my email addy : [email protected]

tks in advance!

starmed

reismion
did u top up any $$ for more flowers? or the set up given to u is the standard ones...
happy.gif
I'm helping my sis wif her wedding planning...
happy.gif
it's nice!! My sis wants the romance theme... but she's thinking of the grandeur theme too...
happy.gif

reismion

lavender_lover:

nope. all provided for.
happy.gif

we initially wanted to choose grandeur too. grandeur's got a grand kinf feeling but we wanted something more heartwarming.
happy.gif

starmed

reismion
thanks for the info... btw do u have pics of the table set up for the guest n VIP tables? the set up for romance theme is lovely!!
happy.gif

anyone used the granduer theme in Amara? Can provide some pics of the set up on AD? thanks.

reismion

lavender_lover:

i've gotta check cos i've not gone thru all my AD pics. shld've some taken. once i found them, i will post them up.
happy.gif

0212bride

Hi (o_O) (this is a cute nick!)

I agree with u, it won't look nice to end up with the L shaped ballroom and guests sitting there will feel they r least impt cos can't see the stage properly. From reismion's photo on the ballroom setup, i dun think the ppl seated at the L-section can see the screen too..

under the stars.... the ceiling lights alrdy has tt effect.. haha.. guess for me i'll try to hv more flowers.. hv not really tot abt it. good luck with ur planning ya.. do share them along the way
happy.gif

Who's your coordinator? :p

0212bride

Hi reismion

the backdrop for your wedding theme looks lovely! i think the old romance theme had "balls' of flowers hanging on the backdrop, so from certain angles the ppl on stage will look like they are balancing those 'balls' on their head!

How did you find the overall deco for your theme? from recep area, aisle, guest tables, VIP tables to the stage? Exactly what you had asked for?

reismion

hi ladies

pls pm me for the rest of the images. better privacy
happy.gif

klybtb:
am using only 1 projector. 've sent the link to ur email.
happy.gif

Iced Latte:
loved the overall decor. used all defaults fr the hotel. no special request except more rose petals. heehee...

0212bride

Hi Kelly

P is my coord too.. sometimes she's ok, sometimes she can do better. Most impt (to me) is the coord must get the job done. No use smile n be friendly but screw up my event and followed by more apologetic smiles... u get the drift?
happy.gif

the coord is assigned to couples based on the groom's surname
happy.gif
but if u really want to hv michelle i guess they might assign her to u rather than lose a customer. Hv u signed the package w Amara?

reismion

Iced Latte:

izzit true coord is assigned by surname? tat i didnt noe leh. my hb's Lxx tat's y we got Michelle??? interesting...

jenopc

Hi Latte!

My coordinator alsho P... wa really assigned by hubby's surname? My FH's surname is Pxx leh.. so interesting insight.

ya i also agree.. most impt ting is for them to make sure everyting is in order. Courtesy vs. Capability... i choose Capability for this once-in-our-lifetime ting.

0212bride

Hi reismion & o_O

Yep coord assigned based on groom's surname. I got P cos my FH's surname is Txx
happy.gif

I didn't noe it at first, so i found it funny when i started checking hotel packages and the sales staff always ask for groom's surname. Seems like its a fair system this way, then no pushing or fighting between the coord. Everyone is harmonious.. haha
happy.gif

0212bride

o_O

Forgot to add tt, reason why i go for capability is cos i witnessed friendly but inefficient coord. Since now lunchtime but raining outside, i shall stay in office to gossip:

M was my gf's coord for her ROM (gf's hubby surname Cxx
happy.gif
). M didnt deliver what she promised. Few days b4 the ROM, M asked my gf to give up the original room (L-side of the ballroom). Reason was the big ballroom will b used for student seminar, she's 'concerned' tt the students will b too noisy n affect my fren's ROM. Thus persuaded her to use one of the meeting room but its obviously nt as nice, so she threw in the offer of add'l fresh flower deco.

When we went over to check on the ROM day, L-side of the room was occupied for another event! So they needed it to make more $, not cos concerned abt noisy students
sad.gif
Worst thing was b4 the ROM the meeting rm still bare, M said the flowers were arriving arriving but nv arrived. My gf felt 'cheated' to swap room lor.

I must b very brave to dare hold my ROM and dinner there despite witnessing what happened rite?? haha! first was cos i noe M is not gg to b my coord, and i tell myself must b careful state every details in B&W, confirm & reconfirm.

Anyway my gf's ROM was abt 2yrs plus ago so prolly M getting better n better, i c now she's getting qt good reviews
happy.gif

0212bride

Hi reismion

Yeah, tt's y i'm happy to hear tt u are pleased with the decor & all at ur wedding. M has handled it well for u! Wedding is alrdy so stressful w lots to plan and coord, dun need add'l headache from the ppl who are supposed to b 'professionals'

btw i pm u alrdy, waiting to c ur photos
happy.gif
the service at Amara has certainly improved, it seems
happy.gif

reismion

Iced Latte:

well, with M, i did alot of follow-up & chasing. so far, she has helped us out loads.
happy.gif
am glad her service compared to then has improved by leaps & bounds.
happy.gif
i've never met P though. cant compare. :p

i've gotten ur pm & replied u too.
happy.gif