Amara Sanctuary

sherralyn

Hi All
Would like to find out more about the food n perks for Amara Sanctuary Sentosa... Thought of holding my event there, any feedback??

jarlslee

Hi

My name is Jarls Lee from Singapore and I am an undergraduate at a Hospitality Management school in Switzerland. For my undergraduate dissertation, I am looking at the negotiation behaviour of prospective wedding couples looking to hold their wedding banquet at 5-star hotels in Singapore.

Your response is kindly appreciated and will aid in the completion of my paper.

This survey will take up 15-20 minutes of your time.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/negotiated_decision_making_weddings_in_Singapore

Thank you.

karenysw

For ambience, i think place is nice - not your typical hotel but more resort feel. Food wise they are quite creative coz was at wedding show. Apparently their carpark is FOC - not sure till when thou. Plus they have shuttle bus services every 20min or so... Fren held a wedding there last year and had solemisation at their glass pavilion - cute. My take is that there are more options there esp if solemisation and wedding dinner held in one day. Hope this helps!
happy.gif

bibao

Hmmm... Parking is still free, but heard that only 110 parking lots (include indoor and out door) the rest valet parking at 9 dollars.

bibao

Hi, anyone went to the wedding show on the 25th Sept 2010? What are the perks offered? Anyone can tell me... =)

Thanks!

enid

Hi all AS Brides,
I have invite cards leftover from the wedding. It comes with envelopes and maps. I have about 150 left, as I only used these for family and printed my own for friends. Anyone using this design and need extra can have it free, self collect. (I believe you need to pay the supplier if you need extra cards.) Leave your contact and quantity you need. Its free as I do not want to waste it so only for people who genuinely will use it and not take it because it is free but waste it in the end.

1546188.jpg
1546189.jpg

vocikit

Have recently completed my wedding with Amara Sanctuary. Would like to say that despite the initial indifference, the event turned out to be really good. Kudos to the banquet folks and the quality food served at the wedding. Would certainly recommend AS to any other btb.
happy.gif

nwy51

Hi Vocikit,
Can share your banquest photos? I'm BTB in Jul2011... and am quite frightened off with all the negative comments too...

nwy51

Juniorliem... my coordinator is Sharon Chia too.. but FYI, she just left Amara Sanctuary last week.
sad.gif

juniorliem

Hi, Janet.. Yeap, I got her email on last Saturday. sigh.. dunno the next coordinator will do a good job for us or not ..

nwy51

Hi Juniorliem,

She's assigned me to Samuel Tan... urs too? So afraid of getting some1 whose not so responsive. Sharon was diff to bargain but at least she is firm and responsive...sigh...

juniorliem

same also.
happy.gif
when is ur big day? I will not held banquet anymore, change to solemnization at glass pavilion and buffet lunch at shutters restaurant.. we like to make it simple, sweet and small wedding..

nwy51

Hi Vocikit,

Your picture looks pretty nice!! How many tables you had? And did you top up the flowers?

vocikit

Oh I had 30 tables. Yup did top up the flowers but was too busy to notice it though.

But for those who are worried that the indifference of amara won't deliver, don't worry, they are very capable of doing a very good job

sprinkles

oh no, william is also leaving. wonder wats happening. assigned to samuel..any feedback on this guy, gals?? my wedding is 3 mths away and nothing has been done for amara sanc side...you have to basically ask them every single thing and they merely answer std replies...or pass the baton to the suppliers, with no further info..OMG..then isnt the sales job so easy...they just hv to regurgiate the package, sign contract, job done. I had coordinated with a few other hotels before for fren's wedding..they are more proactive and volunteer info & help along the way and makes u feel assured...sigh amara sanc is so laid back...

sprinkles

btw anyone has more pictures of their table setting to share..want to visualise how the place looks like with the different floral themes, lighting, linen colours...to get some ideas...

btw vocikit, how much u top up for the flowers?

kevely

Hi Sprinkles,

My coordinator was also William. Believe his last day was yesterday and have also been assigned to Samuel. My wedding is slightly more than a month away and William has assured me that everything has been passed over to Samuel. I guess all we have to do is just build the rapport and am sure things will turn out well.

I had the food tasting and as per what the rest who have held their weddings there, the food is really good.

michimichi

Hey Juniorliem, i notice your having ur AD in OC 2011 also? May i know which date? =D

I'm having mine in Oct too!

Abit worried with all the sudden changes and htb and i have yet to find time to contact Samuel..

Hi gals,

I'm having Samuel right from the start since we signed on the dotted lines in Feb this year. I totally agree that he's soft and need that extra push....but if we keep asking and talking he do open up a little...maybe it's him bah....

I was finding fault with his "uneagerness"....however htb say we have to monitor ourselves too....

michimichi

Hey juniorliem~

That's so qiao!!! I'm having my wedding on that day too!

hmm... abit skeptical with all the sudden leaving of wedding coordinators.. but if gd ones do come in... then maybe it will be a blessing...

ah_ber84

hi babes, a newbie here.. my friends recommend this forum to me.. ;)

Just want to check, do you all have the current packages price? Thanks!!

I just kinda confirm my AD date.. so need to book the hotel kinda soon and AS is my shortlisted one.. Hopefully the date is still available..

juniorliem

wowow.. Michelle, that is really so coincidence.. urs is dinner or lunch? I wonder if you r the couple that we give up our lunch to during wedding show in sept. ^^ I really like the glass pavilion a lot , so we chose AS at last..

michimichi

Hee Mine is Dinner~~ Yepz gona hold my solemnization at the glass pavilion too!~ =D Maybe we will bump into each other then heez!!~

sprinkles

Hi Kevely, all the best for ur prep...update me abt Samuel if u can..btw william mentioned the new favours r not approved yet..have u seen anything? And any idea how their std cake look like? still considering if I shld order my own 3 tier real cake...prob cost quite abit..

kevely

Hi Sprinkles,

I have spoken to Samuel and have arranged to meet him as well. So it's so far so good.

I'm not aware of any new favours but heard that the management is rather rigid so...not pinning any high hopes of having new favours.

I'm having a cake from My Fat Lady! Try contacting her and get a quote from her.

As for ahber, my advice is to call instead of email.

tragicurlyhip

hi all, wonder if anyone knows if the glass pavilion itself will be able to host a small dinner/buffet? or is the pavilion too small?
asking cos the ballroom is really too big for me, i really want a small and intimate wedding. thanks!

chocolatemilk

Hi Tan wz,how many pax you looking at for your dinner?another nice option is Shutters the restaurant after solemnisation at the Glass pavilion..was toying with that but the restaurant can't take so many of my guests.

juniorliem

Hi, Tan, my fiance and I have same idea as u. so we signed the solemnization package with them in Sep. the max number of guests for Shutters restaurant is 110. max 70 pax for glass paviliion (50 sitting, 20 standing).. the shutters restaurant is nice also to have buffet. it is just like western style of wedding.
happy.gif

tragicurlyhip

thanks all for the info! i think shutters restaurant meets my needs better. juniorliem, are u also booking the glass pavilion? how much is the shutters restaurant per head?

juniorliem

yup. i booked the glass pavilion and shutters restaurant. the time that i booked is SGD70++ per head with 15 dishes but the glass pavilion is SGD1888 net for rental only.. super ex!! their price is keep increasing. u better hurry up if u r keen.

tragicurlyhip

it has already increased!! i asked for their quotation and it just came. its like this now:
Package 1: $3,888.00nett (Rental of Glass Pavilion only)
Package 2: $2,288.00nett (Rental of Glass Pavilion with food at additional $70.00++ per person for lunch &
$85.00++ per person for dinner)

how come the price increased SO much?!!! when did u book?

juniorliem

i know 11 Sep is booked already. i also no sure the date for their next wedding show. U may check with them or singaporebrides.com for more info. good luck..