Amara Sanctuary

1112bride

Hi, I'll be having mine at AS too. Anybody is thinking of doing some extra deco or anything to the hall? Cos I feel that the hall is rather empty.. Not sure what to do to the hall to make it more grand... :0

nwy51

Hi Andria,

Same here. I'm thinking of doing some extra decor but not really sure what to do as well. When us ur AD?

1112bride

Hi hi... Mine is 11 Dec 11. I'm still thinking about the floral arrangement and see if can add in other kind of deco. Headache
sad.gif

purrrfectlypink

Hi ladies,

I am wondering if any of u can enlighten me on some queries. I was deciding between Amara Sanctuary and Capella for wedding somewhere year end. Plan is to conduct our solemnization and dinner on the same day at one place. Any advice on quotation on any of these hotels? Other than e price per table, what other expenses or arrangements must I consider?

Totally nuts on where to start. Thanks a bunch!

Hi Eka,

Congrats on your wedding!

I guess for a start you should email both hotels to enquire on the packages first and then compare.

But by comparing the 2 resorts is actually like comparing apples to oranges....coz Capella is really in a league on her own...and price wise also quite a difference.

For Amara, I know there's only a Grand Ballroom. But for Capella there's 2, 1 grand ballroom and naother smaller function room.

So I think it's best u call to check and go for site visiting too!!

Hi gals,

would like to ask those who's wedding dinner are over already.

want to check roughly how many months before your AD will the hotel call u?

TIA!

nwy51

Hi Anastasiazen,

I emailed Samuel from Amara to check on the timeline and he said 3 mths before they will contact you for food tasting and etc. I'm counting dwn coz my AD is on July...

Hi Janet,

my coordinator is Samuel....i think he needs a little push...so u have to keep a lookout too....

do u think 3 mths before is enough to settle all the printing and coordinating for additional floral arrangements etc....

nwy51

Hi Anastasiazen,

I guess that's the usual comment that I always hear about Samuel. Will set reminders myself just in case.

I think 3 mths shld be enough selection of cards for printing and etc.

Floral arrangements I did a check with Red Petals (which is their appointed florist) myself. If we only require the standard themes, 1 mth in advanced is sufficient. If you need to customize the decos, advisable to do it 2 - 3 mths before your dinner.

BTW, i checked with Samuel and he said there may be a workshop on March and will update me once the dates and details are finalized. Can make a trip down again to view the decos and etc.

Hope this helps! =)

1112bride

Hi, anyone knows how much (approx) does customised deco from florist cost? I'm thinking of adding more deco to the ballroom. Tks.

slin

hi ppl, can i check what is the minimum no of tables for wkend dinner in amara sanctuary? im looking at 20plus tables.

purrrfectlypink

Hi ladies,

Not sure if you are interested in solemnisation packages but just to share some info since I was already in the thread earlier. This function is intended to be kept very private and only 30 guests are invited (as in only immediate families like parents & siblings). Reason is becos we dont intend to spend so much time in preparation since hubby is rarely in SG.

I managed to get the rates for solemnisation at both Amara Sanctuary's Glass Pavillion & Capella's Yours Truly Solemnization Experience.

I prefer Capella actually but of cos, it comes with a heftier price compared to Amara. The menu is pretty much better too. Anyway, Amara is available for our solemnisation date on 20/3/2011 whereas Capella is on waiting list.

Feel free to PM me and I will be glad to share more info around (as in rates, no. of attendees, menu, etc).

FYI, Jo Chong is the wedding coordinator from Amara & Mei Chan is the wedding planner from Capella. Anyone has good experience liaising with either one of them lately? TIA!

~eKa~

marcia

Hi,

Does anyone know if I booked my wedding with AS,
will they throw in the solemnisation venue (glass pavillon) for free or do I still have to pay for the rental of $3888?

My Rom is in e coming May. Got to decide on venue very soon. But AD will be year 2012.

Love e place but very expensive. Wish to spend abt 3k plus for 40pax.

; )

purrrfectlypink

Hi Cys,

From what I understand, its not free even if you having your wedding there but they can give you a better rate.

Do book their glass pavilion quick if your ROM is confirmed in May. Most of the May weekends are taken up.

marcia

Thanks for the info my dear..

After calculation, it's still way above my budget ;( gonna spend like 5k plus just for solemnisation alone I think is abit too much for me.

Any other venue which u girls think is perfect for a dreamy rom?

empty_pool

yah, its not cheap, and taht is before the food costs sets in. i am likely to take them for my wedding lunch, but not the rom. like not too worth ot.
what kind of dreamy place u thinking of?
garden theme / semi outdoors, can try halia in bontanic garden. if you want a "hall", think can try hort park.

marcia

ehh I'm thinking of Jewel Box e Diamond Ballroom for the solemnisation. I can't see any review abt them in the forum.
I'm wondering why..

I'm also considering The Green Room @ Bishan and Changi Village Hotel Pool side.

Grand Corpthorn e Pavillon also a nice place for Rom ;)

nwy51

Hi 1112bride...mine's on 10Jul 2011... so mine's coming first. Quite worried that the spacious ballroom will look kindda empty ...

1112bride

Hi Nwy, how many tables are you holding? Heard Sing See Soon is cheaper and more flexible. Have you started your flora arrangement?

nwy51

Hi 1112bride,i'm probably having about 33 tables.. I like the floral deco from Sing See Soon too. But the last time when I checked, their authorised florist is only Red Petals. Hence, I'm afraid if I engage Sing See Soon won't the charges be much higher?

As in Red Petals can already include the basic floral decor, and if need be I'd just top up the flowers etc... Or how does it work? I'm not very sure as well... Coz my previous coordinator has left, and I've not met the other manager taking over my account. Hence, not really sure of the have any latest updates...

Or are you aware of the latest updates?

1112bride

Hi Nwy, I was told by the sales manager there will be 2 florists - Sing See Soon & Red Petals. You can ask Samuel (if he is still w AS). Heard there will be a workshop coming up in Mar. Can go down take a look and ask him qns too
happy.gif

nwy51

Hi 1112bride, Thanks for the updates. Samuel should still be there because my account have been transferred to him..He did tell me that there is a workshop in March. I'm still waiting for him to update me on the details!!!

Would you be gg for the workshop as well? Or you already know what you want to do??

zecloud

Hi Babes!! the whole wedding day seems to fly past and bef i know it, it's over..
i wld say that Samual and Alan (the banquet manager) are v experienced and will help to guide you along the way. i rec alot of positive comments from my guests regarding the food, the house wine and the pillarless ballroom. i did feel that the flower decors are abit sparse, but to be honest, few of my guests notice anyway.
Juz rem to run thru yr montages with the AV guys, we did experience some slight probs playing our slides.
most impt, relax and try to enjoy the day!

nwy51

Hi Cloudy, that sounds really wonderful... can share some pics of the ballroom??

There will be a workshop on 26Mar...will be gg down to view the setup and everything else. Anything I should look out for before my AD?

zecloud

hi all, my photos are not ready yet, so can't share. =S

1112 bride> i used red petals and took the red theme. you can ask them to email you the pics of the different themes to take a look.

nwy> you can ck out the song list, setup of the tables according to the no of tables u have, wedding favours and no of waiters per table. also the carpark arrangement, they hv limited lots...

nwy51

Hi Cloudy, thanks for your advice. How many tables did u had? Did u engage the valet service? And did u arrange additional coach service for guest with no vehicles or they could take the hotel's coach with ease? And for guest with transport, they really didnt have to pay to enter sentosa by showing the invitation card?

zecloud

mine was juz 27 tables, as i took a sunday.
yes i took the valet, and not the coach as most of my guests were driving.
yes def yr guests can come in w the invites, not to worry abt that.

1112bride

Hi Cloudy, thanks for the info... Valet is too expensive I feel. Was thinking that the basement carpark should be opened to public as well... and not just for valet only.
happy.gif

Anyway, did you top up the flowers? Dont mind if you can email me the package details if you have topped up flowers. Thanks!