Amara Sanctuary

sherlin

Hi, any reviews on Amara Sanctuary located at Sentosa? Looks very beautiful. I need reviews on food, service & pricing. Thanks!

orangina23

Hi Kin Hong,
Sorry to hear about yr troubles, wondering if you cld email me [email protected] the details of your package and yr co-ordinator as i need to check with you somethings abt the Amara wedding banquet if you dont mind
thanks

itgfe82

I have booked my AD with Amara too.Service staff are polite and the place is beautiful but cathy the co-ordinator service is just average. She does nt reply promptly to our emails or calls.I actually hv to call her many times to fix an appointment.Also she does not work on weekend so fiance and i hv to go down on a weekday night. the glass pavilion is beautiful but can only hse 50 ppl so is a pity i cant use there for holy matrimony.

bride_2_be

Hi, we are considering the resort, but noted that the number of carpark lots seems insufficient for anything over 40 tables.. Anyone with a similiar experience and / or manage to have an alternative to the carpark problem?

ceo38

Hi all, I had actually stayed there a nite last month & met up with Kathy e co-ordinator. The resort is quite nice but I wld say the package is quite steep. Perks arent very attractive too. Kathy is quite alrite. She responds to my emails quite promptly & she showed us ard the place when we popped in there last month. Car park lots r indeed quite limited. I liked the ballroom but I dnt like it to be partitioned into 2 n share with someone else's wedding therefore I forgo the idea of having my banquet there.

pongy

Hi all,
i'm interesetd in Amara Sanctuary also. But reading the stuff here make me tink otherwise... izzit really so bad? Do they have a smaller ballroom or function room that can cater 120px? They are having a bridal show this sun, 28 Oct right?

itgfe82

Well they are having wedding show on 28th Oct u gals can go take a look.I will say overall i still love the place just that they dun offer as much perks as other hotels.. also prices r steep.As the place is new and is market as a five stars hotel,friends and relatives may not hv heard of it so they may not know the market rate...JUst hope wont make a loss.

james_foo

Hi all,
met Cathy the wedding planner last Sat, have to say, her service was average, but not disastrous. The place is lovely but the package is quite ex, and they are very inflexible on compromise. Quoted me $988 for Sun package, and min 35 tables. My friend got $900 min 28 tables for Rasa Sentosa, so their price is steep for Sentosa even. Can we hear some more comments from those who used them? thanks.

itgfe82

hi james i will say 998 for a sunday is quite steep because u can even get 700 plus in waterfront.Still i sign up with amara as i like the serenity and uniqueness there.I did check out rasa but i thought the place is too crowded and the ball room set up for wedding is just average.I guess more of my guest have nt been there too so will be a good experience for them ...

Im crossing my finger that im able to use the whole ballroom as i think is more private.I would nt want to share the reception area with another area.I haven bargain with cathy yet.Just hope she will be more flexible n give us more perks.

james_foo

Thkq Atrina, i know the price is quite steep, but as u said, the place is really nice. Yea, you shld totally book the entire ballrm, no pt sharing the night when ur payin top dollar right? there's a wedding fair this sun there, hope the discount is substantial.

itgfe82

hi james, cathy told me there is a ten percent discount for the wedding promotion so better grab the deal on this sun if u want....by the way folks dun worry abt car parks cuz they hv underground carpark as well...about 40 tables or so valet parking is avaliable!!

bride_2_be

Hi Atrina, Can I check whether the valet is complimentary? I was under the impression that there is a $10 or so charge for each valeted car?!

waxie24

Hi all.. I was at the StyleWedding Bash on Sunday held in amara. Was a bit disappointed by their service (a little rude) and food.

I'm not sure abt the underground carpark, i definitely never see/being directed to it when we reached. in the end, we had to park at the beach carpark.

pongy

Hi, i was there also... the place is very nice.. Find that their staff dun really know their own package and venue well. I was lead to wrong suite venue and floor levels etc. I was surprised that the staffs dun know what is the max and min pax required for the function rooms and ballrooms. The bash was too crowded for the place..phew...

waxie24

its jus the service that didnt match the place. i felt very insecure abt the staircase to the 2nd floor. a bit shaky..

i agree the bash was too crowded with people. or issit the walkway that is too small?

hope that the service will improve soon to justify the venue, especially to those who have already booked the place... cos it will be a beautiful place to hold a wedding there.

itgfe82

Dear all,

I was at the bash too and i agree that day was really crowded..It is my third visit there usually is really serene n i loveit. I felt the food served was great,service quite good too.
What i was kinda disppointed was i din get to see pictures of weddings which has takeitn place there or see the various wedding theme they have unlike other hotel.I din really like the few table set up i saw that day.But according to cathy there r five colours of table linen so is up to us to match.

I gonna use the glass pavilon for my holy matrimony too but they can only hse 50 ppl so i dunno how..cuz fiance has lotsa frens n relatives.

also i din really fancy the wedding favours which is a photo frame and they hv no other favours so i may use my own favour..

I paid my deposit for dinner to secure the ten percent discount.so far haven bargain with them would be ideal if they can give me free corkage.

praisey

dear pongy,
888 if u are using the ballroom for sit down dinner/lunch as well. Special price 888, if not just ROM will be 1888. Still...very expensive. And the flower decor will not be the same as what we saw at the event. Then again, i am drawn to the pavilion and villas with the nature feel.

itgfe82

Dear all,

888 only comes with the deco and drinks,no food will be served and no wedding favour too.888 for three hours is quite alright.I tried asking some place or function room is starts frm 1500 to even 2k plus.

praisey

i am not comfortable with the glass chairs in the glass pavilion. Not consistent one. Some have arm rest some dun have. They say out of stock thats why not same.

itgfe82

dear praisey,

is that so i din even notice that....after three visit u must be really observant..now crossing fingers they will give us more perks..cuz they r kind of inflexible..

h2hm2m

Hi 'i wanna be happy', first of all, congratulations!I've also went ahead n made tentative booking with the new lady, Irene. Hoping that those were juz teething problems and would hv been ironed out by now. Mine will be next yr so stil alot of time. But I do agree that they are kinda expensive even tho prices are nett. So far, the 'chemistry' with Irene is gd. She's professional, experienced and very easy to tok to. We'll be meeting her this coming Thur to confirm the details. Is it possible to send me a copy of ur package deal and the 'wishes' she granted your?Bcos we aren't really sure what to bargain for. My email is [email protected]. Thanx a million and hv a great wedding!

ivan_hazel

Hi, just went down to view the venue this noon. Overall, rather impressed with the place but am serious having deep thoughts regarding the service level of their staff and the food. Is it really worth giving this hotel a chance? I've met up with Irene whom I find very professional in her service. And overall, very welcoming service too. One problem is the staff are not very well-verse in mandarin (english may be a bit not-so-good too), quite a headache for our families (alot of chinese-speaking elderly =(.. any comments?

h2hm2m

Hi Hazel,I agree with u dat Irene is very professional but she's really bz. They r kinda short handed now n Irene's schedule is really tight. But my fh n i hv decided to hv our wedding there cos we kinda feel the 'chemistry' there n not at e other resorts on the island. As for the service staff there, i also notice that their staff are predominantly foreigners. But to put it bluntly, I dun really care if they speak gd english or not cos after all it's oni for a nite. n its our wedding n we like the place.So as long as the staff r not rude, i tink it's fine. There are aredi so many details dat we hv to look into for the wedding. if we still wanna trouble over the staff that they hire, our search for an ideal place will be neverending. Well, this is only my 2cents' worth.ofcos some ppl values service standard more than anything.So it really depends on wat matters to u more.

icesugar

Hi Gals,

Can i check with u all, is there any weddings shows for Amara Santuary or Amara Hotel?

Tried to see from their website, but dun seem to have any...

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

supergal

Hi Sugar,

Amara Hotel just had their wedding show earlier in April..not too sure about Amara Santuary though..

ivan_hazel

Hi Kathlyn, thanks for reverting! yup, totally agree that when it comes to choosing a venue, "chemistry" is very impt.. my hubby n me r still sourcing ard.. hope to settle a venue soon.

Hi Sugar, When i met irene from Armara Sanctuary last week, she mentioned tt she's organizing a wedding fair in coming Jun/Jul period. so u might want to look out for that.. =)

icesugar

Hi supergal and hazel,

Thanks for the information!

Hazel, when u have news abt wedding fair from Amara Sanctuary, let me know ok? I'll also keep a lookout...

Thanks!

h2hm2m

Hi casper09, i think if we book the hotel for wedding, we are welcome to hv our fotoshoot there but not sure abt walking in juz to take pic.maybe u wanna cal them n ask. front desk no. is 68253888.

ev0n

For those who want to take weddin shoot there but not havin their weddin there,
Amara doesnt allow personal shoot unles we hav our weddin there...

itgfe82

Dear babes,

I will be having my wedding dinner this coming weekend,i love the place n the food tasting was a good experience...As we wereone of the couples gg through a transition we were allowed to choose the design of the wedding cards from the suppliers...Also they just tied up tith another florist so i will be the first couple to have the new set up..im hoping it to be good as i was nt very impressed with the other florist they have.so far everything is good just that they dun seem to carry much wedding favours n i hv a real difficult time choosing one that can suit the hotel's image.also as this hotel has no wedding themes it was quite a headache for us to choose n match the colors of the linen. so we did spend quite some time on this issue.whereas the other hotels u take view their portfolio n hv a better view of the various themes.
Anyway i still love the place is beautiful...shall update more after the wedding.

haźe

Hey, does anyone know what kind of wedding show perks Amara Sanctuary gave out previously?

I called them to find out but they mentioned it's top secret until the show day.

Amara Sanctuary wedding show is on coming 13 July...

h2hm2m

Hey i_wanna_be_happy,
Hope you had a great wedding n honeymoon. So how did everything go?Did u njoy urself?

uiliz

planning to have my wedding dinner at amara sanc, loved the place but now alil apprehensive! any reviews about the food?

yuki77

Hi babes

I'm having my wedding at amara sanctuary in Dec08, paid deposit during wedding fair in Oct07, havent been doing much until now, currently discussing contract. Really love the place but is concerned with the ultra bad service review. Talked to the coordinator Irene about my concerns and got reassurance from her and their director. Seems like they have taken steps to remedy their startup hiccups by revamping their staff and training new ones. Last time I went to discuss our contract in Jun, the ballrooms and hotel rooms were all fully booked. According to them, they have already completed quite a no. of weddings this year and there are good testimonials. Seems like things have improved much since last year. Crossing my fingers that my actual day will be smooth and happy, service level will at least be satisfactory if not fantastic. Will keep u guys updated as I go along. Still got food tasting, wedding favours and florist to arrange...

juniez

Hi, I was actually at Amara Sanctury yesterday and the staff who took me to tour the ballroom and glass pavillion is very friendly and helpful. I liked the glass pavillion and seriously thinking of having my wedding there next year. But the sad thing is Irene is busy with the wedding show and thus i only got her namecard. =(

lovehersummer

Hi,

I was at their wedding show too... at first the intelligent lightings, ballroom, glass pavillion, lots of plants, a bit of sea view and resort feeling really impressed me, but later on i find that it could be the lack of experience as it is relatively new, that the coordination of music, food, carpark could have been better done, the staff at the lobby also looked a bit blur... i'm not sure how many stars this place is but having tried marriott in bangkok, i'm pretty sure sg hotels is still a far cry from real service - a smile so genuine that brightens your stay n sincerity in assisting on everything n offering a service at anytime, can you imagine being reminded to make full use of the hotel facilities, that you are entitled for more free wine n fresh juices, being served with huge scoops of cavier, super big oysters and the service staff still wear the biggest smile and apologize for being 'slow' in cracking the oyster open for you...

anyway, too much sidetrack, good things of amara sanctuary are that it's because they are new, everything is so new, beds, bath tub, walkway, chairs etc... but their suite with pool is relatively small for a proper swim perhaps the idea is really to soak in it, sip some cocktail chit chat have fun... overall i guess it is a charming, quiet little place to enjoy some romantic moments, food served during the show was interesting, innovative, fusion of chinese and western, palatable food, and ideal temperature in the ballroom
happy.gif

faithz17

happy, did you sign up at the show?? i was there too... managed to grab irene while everyone was pre-occupied with bridal show... i already booked bridal studio so didn't care too much abt the gowns... to be honest, i really heard a lot of bad comments abt amara sanctuary, but somehow the ballroom is just so nice tt i'm kinda hoping by next year it will be better... really like their villa... anyone knows how much it cost to top up to get the villa instead??

lovehersummer

hi faithz17, i didnt sign up at the show coz i've just started planning n looking at 2010, havent even decide if i should hold ROM n AD separately or together on the same day... have u ROM or holding it on AD itself at the glass pavilion?

anyway, i did talk to one of the staff there, the prices are definitely going up after the show. as for the villa rates i heard from the staff that it is $1800 at published rate but i think the actual rate won't be that high and you can definitely negotiate with your coordinator