Advice for PLus Size brides

csy

i just signed up with white link.

My package include 1 wedding gown and 1 evening gown MTM, my hubby also 1 set MTM + 1 OTR jacket.

i doubt i can find those OTR and i also worry that those OTR might not be nice. The salepseron told me that usually sizes in shops are M only.

Hope it is worth the price.

So how do i go ahead with start looking for ideas? any help?

zljoan

Hey SY, how's the package you signed up like? Saw them at Suntec last week... seemed quite ok and they also offered me 1 MTM (either for WG or EG). However, realised there were extra charges like transport for PS etc after I got home. Yet to sign with them cos wondering if it's worth it after all the charges...

Apart from WL, also looking at The Aisle and Di Gio...anyone has experience with them?

royal

SY - start browsing bridal Mag, if you come across styles yoiu like, keep a copy, show them to your designer and discuss what styles suit you best. It will be better if you can try some gowns off the rack, mSize may not fit but at least can see the styles for yourself. then decide what design to go for...

Sobe,
I was with Digio, Services good. had MTM gowns too. No problems with them infact, my designer and MUA cum co-ordiantor were very good. I enjoyed my sessions with them..if fact, now i missed going to my BS for appt..wedding over liao..
No matter what BS you sign up with, best is that there is discussion abt the MTM / styles you like. Cos only you know yourself best and the styles you like best.

zljoan

hi royal! thanks for the reply.
happy.gif

it's gd to hear that Di gio's service is good. can you recommend me your co-ordinator? may go down later this week to have a look...

taime81

Sobe, i'm with digio. Their staff are really nice and friendly. My wedding not over yet but i went there for my ROM fitting, makeup and stuff. Everything was so pleasent.
happy.gif

lingnyong

hi people, i am new to this thread..i am plus size..feeling very inferior..cos going for gown fitting on april..and i am wearing like 5 XL? i very demoralised..hope can regain my confidence..care to be friends? if want to add msn or facebook is [email protected] thanks!

snow19

im a plus size bride too, use to be a small pluz size after wif my bf i think i gain 16kg in 4 yrs time which i think is horrible haha, saw alot of pic and the wedding gown is so beautiful, too bad i dun haf the figure to wear haha... saw a few pic i like but got to show either the whole stretch of my back or show abit of the front haha...

shingling

Hello,

I'm a BTB on the chubby side who has just started shopping for a bridal boutique. Could you please share your experiences while choosing your bridal shop? How did you decide that the boutique you have chosen is going to be The One?

Could you please also share with me what is your package price and what does it include please? Thanks! ([email protected])

csy

Janice, don't despair. I am reducing my food intake and going for massage to reduce weight which is ultra painful but seem like there is not much progress. Worst is that i am doing together with my colleague and everybody is commenting she has lost weight but not to me
sad.gif

I hope i lose enuff weight by than, at least 30 to 40kg.

my PS is in June if nothing go wrong which is only 5 months to do loh!!!!

lingnyong

Hi SY Chen, you also dun be sad..jiayou in your reducing of weight and be a happy bride.. even if never slim much, remember that the person who loves and sees you everyday is your hubby who loves you as who you are.
happy.gif

orientalfrost

i introduced Fibrena to a few of the brides in another thread. it's a detox fibre drink that tastes like ribena... i've got a friend who took it, she lost 15kg in 2 months. so i feel it's pretty useful..^^ especially for slimming, tummies, bloatedness, and constipation.. lots other ppl tried it also n had pretty good results..
happy.gif
was wondering if you're interested so wanna share wif you peeps^^
interested parties can pm or email me at [email protected] :D

xellenx

Hi all,

I'm a plus size bride and just starting to plan my wedding. First thing is to look at choosing a BS. Any advise as to what I should keep a lookout for the items that they include in the package?

I plan to visit those BS which you all have mentioned above which are supposed to be more 'plus-size friendly'.
happy.gif

If you would like to share experiences or do our planning together you can add me at [email protected]

taime81

Hi Nelle & Shing Ling, have added you to msn.
Btw, have just email you the bridal stuff you need to lookout for, bargain etc.

danrebe

I am a plus size bride too... Need more infom on selecting boutique. pls pls send me the details [email protected]

I had bad encountered in boutique in JB... When signing up package with them, they promised they have plus size gown but in the end was actually extention of cloths! It doesn't look nice...and felt cheated...

xellenx

Ling: Ok I will keep a lookout for you online.

Any chance to have a meet up? I am quite desperate whaha.. Anyway I have shortlisted a few BS.

1)The Aisle
2) DiGio
3) My Bridal Room
4) White Link
5) Golden Horse Award

The first 2 seem to have plus size dresses OTR.

Any advice?

blurrz

hi nelle...
normally i online ard 7.30pm till 10pm... :p

i shortlisted the aisle as well... have not been there to see the gowns n try them... haha... but i know they have very good service...

as for GHA, i been to the yishun branch b4... they have quite a good selection but however, it seems they dun have a lot plus size OTR... i feel paiseh to try the gowns too as there r a few slimmer brides at there trying their gowns...
sad.gif

danrebe

Heu gals,

what do you all think abt French collection? I met them at a fair n them seem quite good. Their collection from french and they promise me that they have plus size gown on the rack...

piyo21

Hi Nelle,

I'm a plus size bride too.
I can say whitelink photography n makeup services are very good. But as for Plus sized OTR gown not much choices.

Try opt for MTM if possible if u are interested with whitelink

csy

ling ling, are u a whilte link bride too?

i signed up with white link - got MTM wedding and evening gown.

who is your designer?...good a not? my 1st appointment is mid of this month.

Are they very impatient with plus size people?

csy

ya i booked on a weekday

i still duno what i wan for my WG and EG. I only know what i don't want like no lace,no net.

i am looking at gown that are off shoulders to cover my fat arms. But like so simple like that..

danrebe

Hi all,

I just book my package with My Dream Wedding today. As you know i am plus size too i actually get to try on some gowns and evening gowns today! My husband was stun when he saw me with the gown! He say very pretty... Btw i will go to tawian for my photoshot!

Before this, i went to RL or sophia. They don't hv gowns for me to try on at all... they say they will extent sideway....hey my chest(B) shapes will be out.

myfavchoco

SY chen,
i suggest tat u try on all the style and not jus those u like. cos u might be suprise tat u might suit other design better. don jus restric urself to those few only. no harm trying more =)

last time i also thought of getting a off shoulder, jus to cover my fat arms too. but after i try, i think i look super much more fatter.. in the end, i wore a normal sweetheart for WG and halter for EG.

As for extending, they have a sort of like extention which already in the gown, but i think they nid to sew in order to open up or close the extention. its veri common in all bridal shop. jus trust them, they will do a good job for u.

when u first try the gowns, u will realise they mostly get those "smaller" size" gown for u. don expect something which is jus the size of urs. kinda veri diff. its always better to try something smaller then bigger. as smaller, u get to c the clear view of the front part and c whether tat kinda of design suit u anot. too big design will only make us look real funny and ugly (as i have tat experience).

good luck for ur gown trying =)

blurrz

hi danrebe!

can u share with me ya package with dream wedding??? are their service good? i scare i go see look but wun sign up with them as i am shopping ard...

piyo21

hi SY,

u can try halter also. Sometimes, it can look nice on you too.

I actually had off shoulder for my AD WG, tube for my AG EG which is MTM and halter for my OD WG. Its good to have a variety of gowns.

danrebe

Hi Ling(blurrz),

They are quite sincere in serving me. They took out 5 style of wedding gown and 2 evening gown for me to wear to have a feel of it .You see when extention was done but no aleration done on breast cups or bust design area,I will look funny with flat, big and tight top as i am a DD cups! You see my point here? I am also worry that i will not be able to get gowns when oversea, they are willingly to lend me gowns from singpore to oversea. This show more of their sincere.

Are you going for oversea photoshooting? They are now having promotion to HK for Shooting. Free airtickets! and some freebies. What I like about the most is that they are able to video your shooting trip to a Music MTV style at some cost!It replace the normal montage. I think this is the In thing...

As for us, we want to go to Taiwan for the unique places so we are paying more for trip compare to HK. After calculating on dream wedding with RL,only abt $500 different but I can get and wear my plus size gowns knowing I confirmly can get my size of gown. Thus we decided to engage them.

Their oversea package look reasonable but locally package is a bit on the high side.

Our thinking... If locally photoshooting,then package must be low! No point spending $4k or $5K locally.

missyling

today signed a package with Golden horse award
hehe kind of like their service & attitude. Hopeful it be a good experience with them. Looking forward to meet up with them @ the studio.

blurrz

thanks danrebe...
i tink i need to go down see the gowns to see whether i like it or not...

missyling, which outlet u signed with?

taime81

Missyling, have just pm the details thou a bit too late. LOL i did manage to bargain for additional guest book after i sign packages with them thou.

missyling

charmaine, thanks. saw ur email. My guest book was given in the package. Now feel like so many things but don't know where to start... head is spinning...

jonjon

hey gals, i'm new here. I'm UK18 and going to hv PS this coming sunday. Very excited and nervous, don know wat will be the result... hehhehee.....

csy

went for my 1st appointment at my bridal today

finally setlled my wedding gown and evening gown le. All the while i was looking at off shoulder gown but when i tried it on, i realise doesn't suit me at all.

The designer was telling me, the more i try to cover my fat arms, people will notice even more.

Luckily the designer was very patient, she bring me different pattern to try.

Got a halter neck for my evening gown and tude type (corset top) for my wedding gown