Advice for PLus Size brides

mlh

Mira,
sorry to hear your woes, speak it out, its good for you.
I totally agreed with the girl's comments. You must build up the confidence in yourself & if you really want to compare, compare to yourself (before & after), not compare to other.

Everyone is different and unique!!

I also plus size (16/18),my brother in law is dating with a girl, she is pretty, well educated (pursuing her master now), tall, good taste in fashion,rich etc...i am so happy for him to find such a pretty girl. However, when me & my hubby went back to MIL house for dinner, and she is around, she will hide inside my brother in law room, never say hi or bye, never eat with us. If one day, she become my SIL, i also dont know what will happen!!

Most important thing is, i will just do whatever i need to do as a wife, daughter in law and SIL. Its always not easy to play so many roles, and i am sure you can do it if you true to yourself, follow your feeling.

At this stage, i think take care well of your body is more important than losing weight, so that u are in good condition to get pregnant & not affecting the baby development.

Have a good talk with your hubby, communication is super important in the relationship!

taime81

Hi mich, recently i got 1 low back corset from blush cause they're having 80% for selected items with min 2 pc purchase. Maybe you can check it out. Was told that paragon got more stock.

Hi hellBride, i also think 7k is a bit over priced for BS along tanjong pager. Usually is appx 4k range for basic package.

jengcc

MLH, actually i oredi deliver a few days back..
now doing my confinement
happy.gif

mlh

jengcc,
congrats!! enjoy your motherhood!!

Ranger & Jazzy,
10 more days to go...get yourself ready, rest & relax...hee hee

jazzy_chimes

haha choco, ya ... 10 more days and I still have things not done yet! now exam season, still busy marking away ... luckily all the major things done liao

haha ladies thanks for being our timekeepers hor .... lol

lil_pink_cherub

Hi gals, do u know of any bridal boutiques in Taiwan with a good range of plus size gowns? I'm going there for photoshoot and would like to preselect some boutiques beforehand so that I can narrow down my search when I am there
happy.gif
Recommendations on good bridal boutiques in Taiwan for the plus size bride would be very much appreciated! You can email me at [email protected]

mlh

lil_pink_cherub,
Dont know any bridal boutique in Taiwan,
but my photographer taking his pre-wedding photo in Taiwan and i am meeting him this weekend,
perhaps can check it out for you
happy.gif

lil_pink_cherub

Thanks lots, mlh, it would b great if u could ask your photographer for his recommendations
happy.gif
difficult for me to search the Internet on boutiques in Taiwan cos I can't read Mandarin and most of the websites are in Mandarin
sad.gif

mlh

lil_pick_cherub
my PG wedding package (taiwan) about $3k,
and he recommended few friends, all of them very happy with the album.

taime81

Just went anchorpoint club marc over the weekend. Cheap sia over their express outlet, bought 1 top @ $10, 1 dress @ $25. Up to size P1 (XXL).

lil_pink_cherub

hi mlh,

thanks lots for checking with your PG
happy.gif
It will definitely be one of the boutiques I check out when I'm in Taiwan. Did your PG mention whether the boutique has plus size gowns?

mlh

lil_pink_cherub,
He is not sure, but he said there are wide range of gowns for your selection. His wife is very fussy with gowns, but managed to find gowns for their photoshooting. (She is pretty & skinny).

Anyway, check out the below weblink show my PG's wedding photo took in Taiwan.
http://www.*base.com/goatstudio/bridal_album
(note: replace * with p, forum not allowed this word)

Reminder, u need to check out the PG's style as well, sometime too modern u may not like it, another important point to engage the bridal shop for wedding photo.

mlh

lil_pink_cherub
another point to add, my PG said the location of Buttlefly-Green are like Tanjong Pagar, there are many bridal shops on the street, u may wish to do some comparison instead of going straight to Buttlefly-Green.
Address can be found at the weblink given to you.

mlh

Jazzy,
i am too lazy and busy to do mask everyday, i relied on the make up artist to play the magic on my face...hahahah...
U are doing the right thing, never take the risk as i do!!
Happy preparation, rest & relax ya!

jengcc

MLH, me same as u.. rely on my MUA to work wonders.
thanks god she managed to cover up my puffy eyes due to only 2 hrs rest the nite b4..

jazz, getting excited liao hor..
ranger bz till nv make noise here?

lil_pink_cherub

Hi mlh,

Yup, I've been doing a lot of research on Taiwan boutiques during the past week and managed to find quite a lot of info in English in the end, but not much is mentioned about plus size gowns (or maybe there is info on this but it could be in mandarin). I prepared a list of boutiques to check out and compare and I'll check if there are plus size gowns too
happy.gif
Thanks lots for yr help so far! Appreciate it!

mlh

lil_pink_cherub
dont mention.
happy searching & share with us your beautiful photo when its ready.

jengcc

MLH, motherhood?
i'm trying to not "kill" myself during confinement..
all the confinement food is sucky n i cannot shower *sobx*
but lucky thing is bb is gd n doing well

jazzy_chimes

haha Mak, I'm also very lazy, now no choice but to do last-minute emergency "rescue" skincare
jengcc ... hehe ... excited ya ... but also very stressed!

myfavchoco

Chimes,

Woooooooooo........ 4 more days le.....
u still gt things nt done yet???

me left, collection of gown and album on thursday. collection of car on friday.
scary leh... hahaaa

btw, u live which area?? hubby live which area??
jus kpo.. hehee

mlh

Jengcc,
most important is the baby is healthy & happy ba..

Ranger,
relax & rest well!! hope u have settle those "outstanding" issues..

Jazzy,
u have to realx & rest well too...

luvcyncyn

hello ladies...
i am a plus size bride to be too.size 14/16 for top and 16/18 for bottom.am super duper stressed.
i am wondering if there is any plus size brides here who signed with digio?
=)

royal

Cynthia,

I am with Digio..MLH was with Digio too. No worries, they have your size. You can always do Made to measure MTM) like I did.

jazzy_chimes

jengcc ... haha ... inhale ... exhale ... sounds like giving birth *lol*

choco, yalor ... still got a bit of nitty-gritty not done yet cuz my work's up to my neck ... got to settle my stuff at work before I can concentrate on the last bit of preps ... I've collected my gowns, suits today ... hee ... hubby and me are the east-meets-west team *lol* hubby's in Tampines and I'm in Bt Batok.
u leh?

myfavchoco

chimes,

kekee.. me and urs quite near leh.
Hubby's ang mo kio and mine is choa chu kang.

i got quite a few guest cant attend my wedding cos they have another wedding.. U have?
u snatch my guest... =P (jus kidding)

bbbs

hey, im back!! I just finished taking our own pre wedding photos... and i really save a lot.. all i did was to engage a MUA who is my frd.. and set up our own strobe and camera :p whereby we shoot with timer :p
i just received my wedding cards from ola design.. and its so sweet. exact same colour from my gown... :p and my hub had he's tux made in bangkok for only a cheap rip of 400 SGD :p

jazzy_chimes

haha choco ... we are not the only ones getting married on 9th leh ... when I collected my gowns last nite, my coordinator was saying there are 3 couples from my BS getting married on 9th, including me lah ... hehe
so far, I don't have guests who can't attend my wedding cuz of another wedding. Those who can't come are either away from Spore or engaged in other family stuff lor

royal

Anyone knows where to buy shawls? I am looking for light light matls like Chiffon type.. those translucent type matl... looks for red, black or light colours...

mlh

Royal,
i cant remember where i bought it, i have one in brown, as mentioned, will mms u tonight if i found it.

mlh

Ranger & Jazzy,
know what, my coordinator told me that DIGio have 44 couples getting married on my AD...
hubby & me simply cant believe it!!
happy.gif

myfavchoco

chimes,
yeah yeah.. today i go collect my gowns and album... i was told they have 4 couples having wedding on 9th also. 8th is even more hot... they have 11 couples.. piangz..

MLH,
urs even more power.. but becos is lunar 1st august rite tat y so hot hot.. heheee... =)

jengcc

jazz, don like tat disturb me leh.. when in labour how u breathe don matter as long as u r BREATHING *lol~*

royal, u looking for those prganza one of wat?
i saw some at daniel yam n also just..
maybe u can chk it out