Advice for PLus Size brides

orientalfrost

Hi gals.. if anyone wants the B&H capsules at a much cheaper price than Guardian and such, you can pm me abt it too
happy.gif

csy

confirm my PS date le - in June. Hope by than the weather not as hot as now.

need to lose more weight. My outdoor gown look fat on me. Have to take from the existing collection and i can't bring my MTM gowns out.

taime81

Hi all, was so busy doing slimming for my ps and was sick so didn't came in. I'm happy i slim down back to my rom size. Friends say i look slimmer again. Happy...

Anyway got a good new to share, i just went to the ideal @ far east got my wedding bedsheet and quilt cover. $173++ after 30% discount but the bedsheet is really nice. It is on level 3, 30% off till end of apr.

blurrz

its been quite some mtime since i last came back to this thread... haha... i am busy slimming down as well...
i have not confirm my bridal rehs... cos i wanna wait till slim down riaos then start to look for it... but i scare the time nis not enuff...

my frenz been introducing digio to me... izzit good?

taime81

hi Ling, when is yr wedding.
Me also digio bride, their dress is super nice.
My photoshoot just confirmed last week on sep 16

blurrz

my wedding is next year feb...
ya, i also tink their gowns r nice...
but the big size gowns is nice or not? do they have quite a good collection of it? cos my frenz all slim n petite size 1...

taime81

Hi Ling, I saw many nice growns there when i went to try my rom dress last year. And i happen to see a plus size bride doing final fitting, the grown is super nice.
happy.gif

Just went to Jurong point to choose my bed and bedframe. Mum buying it for me.
happy.gif

Btw, those who want to buy bed, can pm me, my mum work in Kingkoil. Hehe...i also got lobang for curtain & custom made furniture. Can pm me too.

csy

need some suggestion - i bought this chinese cheong sum top for my PS. My hubby bought also bought similar 1 - like those shanghai type.

mine is black and my hubby 1 is those bronze colour. Any suggestion how to match for bottom? Dark colour jeans?

thinking of wearing this when we go temple to take PS. Hahahaha

kuppagal

hi gals, i'm just starting to search for wedding gown to rent...since i'm on the big side (UK size 14, on the busty side) just wondering which bridal shops I can check out that has my size range and romantic gown collections too (I'm looking for a full skirt romantic satin/lace gown). I don't have the time to check out all the shops due to demands of work...
sad.gif

Anyone can help? Thanks so much!

danlee

Hi, Kuppagal.
You can try bridal shop like La Belle & The Aisle. I have been to these shops myself.

You can also checked out the archive of this link, there are brides who sign up with other BS which should be good also.

missyling

My sec sch classmate suddenly called me and asked me to try this product called TRA supplement. She managed to slim down from 63 to 59kg within a month time. And she said her sil slimmed down from 90kg to 80kg which worked out very well for them.

Anyone can shared their experience if you have taken this before?

minyi

SY Chen, I got big feet too! Haven't really started looking for wedding shoes yet but generally I get my shoes from Vincci in Malaysia cos' they come in size 10s whereas in Singapore not many brands have large sizes...

csy

size 10 must be a bit too small..have to see the cutting.

I am thinking of getting normal shoes and paste bling bling on it.

blurrz

hi all... i just signed with bridal concept after much thinking...

missyling, i heard of the TRA b4, its not cheap... but i din try tat...

tokyoboyz

i jus took my albums
only photoshop 3 pics
dun want to look too fake
turn out the ones i like the most are those i did not photoshop

AD 4th July,must diet harder =(

hapiley

HI all, I am also a plus size btb...
I signed my bridal package in JB.. going for my PS near July and early Aug.. Can't seem to and don't think i be able to shed off the fats... Hope my PS will turn out well...:p

Anyone can share their PS with me? My email is [email protected]

Cheers

phantazia

Hi! I've got a MTM package with Feline. Anyone interested? Can MTM WG n EG. My package is $3988 including AD photography with album montage up to 150 pics in the hot-pressed album. Pakage rather the same though. Does not include car. If dun wan AD photography then package will be $3099. Do email me if u r interested.
[email protected]

lil_jo

Wow ... all these talking really motivated me to slim down . My weight fluatuates. I'll try not to eat carbo and just meat and vege and no soft drink and exercise.. it's reall hard to maintain the weight. I can be 62kg and the next few day i ca be 65kg and then not eating can be back at 63kg... also headache and yes i have problem with the chunky arms. They said i got a lot of toxins all accumulate there... jia lak lor
arms very hard to slim down one

twinklelee

Hello all BTB,

I had my wedding last year dec. I have big feet too, high heels i need to wear size 10 or 11. I got my wedding high heels from crocs, its silver in color. They sell big sizes up to size 12 too. Really comfy on my actual day, as i always feel that my body size is big then i will exert alot of pressure on my foot esp when wearing high heels shoes. Imagine on ur wedding day u need to go to so many places+outdoor shoots. Its better to choose a comfy one.

My bridal shop is from Golden Horse Award @ Yishun branch. Custom made to fit my size. If you want to see my photos of my wedding gowns, you can leave your email i can send to you.

cylex

Hi Twinkle (twinklelee),
I am thinking of gg to Golden Horse for my EG and WG. How much did you spend? I would like to see your pics as well. My email, [email protected].
happy.gif

Thanks thanks!!

How is their service there?

cylex

Hi to all BTBs,

Wondering if any of you did buy corset for your EG or WG? If yes, can I noe where can i get plus sizes corset? Need to prepare for my PS...

keiko_kon

Hi Twinkle, can I take a look at your pics too? My email is [email protected]

Anyway girls, my ROM is nxt yr June whereas my AD will be in 2 yrs time, so I can't sign up with a BS where they can provide me with a gown.

Does anyone know where I can get OTR plus size gowns; or any boutiques where I can try the cutting/design then go MTM on my own? Really appreciate it!

danlee

Hi, Keiko Kon.
Do you have any BS in mind? Mind I ask what is your size. I am between size 14 to 16. I did manage to try some gowns during my BS selection period. PM me if you want to know more.

Next year June still has enough time to slim down, not to worry.
happy.gif

keiko_kon

Hi Danlee,

Tried sending you a PM but you haven't switched it on, so I can't send you one.

Actually I'm NOT looking for a BS, I'm looking for boutiques that carry plus size gowns. I'm a uk14 :) Do PM me instead!

hellbabe

Hey Keiko, I think Daniel Yam boutiques do carry plus size gown. few of the boutiques in Centerpoint do carry plus size gown. My sister went to buy her gown there as she's plus size and tall too.

Me also plus size as my doctor advise me to lose weight too.

keiko_kon

Hey babe! Actually when I passed by Daniel Yam in the Wisma boutique I saw an ivory dress tt caught my eye, but when I went to the rack I only saw sizes S and M. Don't even have size L. I didn't ask the SA for help though.

Hmm so is there a Daniel Yam boutique in Centrepoint? If you don't mind, can I ask what size are you?

cylex

Anyone buy corset for your EG or WG? If yes, can I noe where can i get plus sizes corset? Need to prepare for my PS...

keiko_kon

Hi cylex, may I ask what size are you? If you're between a size 12-14, you can consider buying from Triumph/Wacoal/Sorella; and can fit into their size XL.

cylex

oh.. okok I shall try to take a look there. Thanks. I am also looking for shop that is doing MTM evening gowns but dun feel like gg to bridal shop to do, scared bridal shop will charge higher. Is it true?

Initially i heard my friends say Century Sq this shop name 'Just' got do MTM, but when i asked, now dun have liaoz....

Anyone has any recommendation? I just need a simple gown for ROM. Or shld i just go bridal shop?

taime81

cylex > No need to buy corset or nubra. I bought maidenform corset for my rom, end up also never use cause all the dress i tried come with fishbone for Di Gio.

queenie82

Hi missyling,

I'm currently on the TRA program~

It's really quite ex, but worth it coz i slimmed down at least 5 kgs within 2 mths (from 81kgees - 76kgees).... and that's not stopping on my irregular and unhealthy eating (due to work commitments)

It's a 3 mths program, plus a 8 session class which teaches you how to eat healthily and massage ur fats away.

Cons: really have to be consistent and eat up to 30pills a day, splitting between 3 meals. according to aunt (who lost abt 15kgs), i could have lost more if not for my entertainment meals.

overall quite satisfied, but did not continue for another 3 mths coz i got no time to follow the plans. no worries coz if u have a regular meal plan plus exercise plan, it does not require u to fast cut down on ur meals, just need to eat healthily.

email me @ [email protected] if you wanna know more.

taime81

Hi Twinkle, can email me too.
[email protected]

Btw, i just went to digio bridal to choose my gowns. They have quite a lot of nice plus size gown. Me appx is uk14-16. I found 8pcs very nice ones and now got a hard time deciding. Still considering and the 8pcs are excluding japanese or korean style some more. Do you all think it is better to take wedding gown for ps or the jap / korean style?

keiko_kon

Hi Charmaine, does Digio have any ROM package? I just visited the Wedding Trade Fair @ Suntec and the 2 booths I visited offered me a ROM package [which is what I'm looking for, NOT the entire BS package]

I have heard tt Digio has nice gowns, which is why I'm quite interested. Too bad they didn't have a booth at Suntec.

Anyway, just my opinion, I think it's better to take the wedding gown for your PS. The korean/japanese style kind very lao-tao [old-style]. Since you can find nice gowns, why not just take them for your PS? :)

Do you think you cld help me check with your coordinator if they offer ROM package, and then PM me?

Thanks! :)

missyling

charmaine, wow tat's fast. mine is in dec. Olso very stress. like suddenly times is like rocket.. shooting up so fast.

queenie: 30 pills? OMG... haha i will die from it.. very scared of eating so pills/drink those stuffs.

queenie82

missyling,

which is y i'm stopping it~ i'm just supporting my aunt on this.

lucky my bf also quite big sized (he was a rugby player which explains the size) and he doesn't mind me being big too... whaha~

i think as long as the couple is happy, no reason for others to criticise~ Am also very excited abt wedding (though he hasn't propose)

taime81

keiko_kon > They no longer attend wedding fair, as they have a lot of walk in customer. So sad right, no more bridal fair where got good perks usually. I'm not sure if they offer gd perks for walk in these days. Mine comes with Free ROM package. To sign a ROM package itself not very worth it, as many bridal can throw in the ROM Package foc which include a tea dress, makeup & hairdo (from trial makeup). Mine comes with bouquet of fresh flowers. Love my rom dress and they really doll me up really pretty.

Btw, can help? Do you all think it is better to take wedding gown for ps or the jap / korean style?

I'm thinking of confirming the following:

For Indoor:
1 Off White Tube wedding Gown with long Train (glam feel)
1 Champange Lace Halter Gown
1 Lace Turtle Neck Gown
1 Light Blue Evening Gown

For Outdoor:
1 Full Lace with Long Train Wedding Gown
1 Red with Black Flowy Kind of Evening Gown

But that means i got no more slot for japanese / korean style gown. In a delimma now. Feel like trying Jap Theme too.

keiko_kon

Hi Charmaine, received your PM and your link, thanks!

Anyway your gown choices all sound gorgeous. I've already mentioned my opinion so I shan't say again here.

But what size are you? The gowns are all available OTR, no need to MTM huh? Then it sounds like your BS does cater to plus size brides too! :)

taime81

Hi Keiko, me appx uk 14-16.
They do not have a lot of choices compare to the s-m ladies. S-m ladies really got damn a lot of choices i feel. However they do have quite a fair bit of nice plus size gowns. Yes, all mine are OTR.

Thanx for yr feedback keiko. Recently i saw a lady album, her outdoor gown are short kind, photo very nicely taken. OMG...i'm flicker minded again. But short gown really more convenient...i'm tempted to change my Full Lace with Long Train Wedding Gown into a short gown / tea dress. Any advise on that?

keiko_kon

Hi Charmaine, for short gowns, if you have great legs, by all means, show them off in short gowns! For me cos I have fat thighs
sad.gif
so I think short gowns might not look so flattering. But heels can also give the illusion of height as well.. might make my legs look less ugly. Haha.

Actually I think it depends on the "look" tt you're going for. Short gowns are more fun and flirty; whereas a full lace with long train wld be more classic and elegant. So it very much depends :)

taime81

Marina Sq GHA have nice gowns. I drop by once.

Keiko, my lower legs are ok, but just thinking it is more convenient for short gown out door. Bought some nice shoes for wedding, heels with blings but all my gowns long train kind not much chance to see my heels. Sian.

keiko_kon

Hi Ling & Charmaine, is it possible for you to share your package details as well as your impression/experience with your separate BS so far?

I'm also considering Di Gio & GHA, and I know they're sister companies, but not too sure which exactly is better..

Mail me? [email protected]

TIA!